(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,000 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4000 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 80.
#351 7 months ago
Quoted from Auror:

The leaked playfield looks suspiciously like a Game of Thrones reskin. I wonder who designed that game...

Honestly, there are few games I wouldn't mind seeing reskins of...provided these games would not replace all-new games in the production cycle. GOT is one of them. Iron Maiden is another, as well as Jersey Jack's Dialed In. I love the gameplay of those games, but the theme doesn't really pull me in.

#352 7 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Great googily moogily!
Now I wish I hadn't sold my BK2K so that I could have a trio, even though I am sure I can't afford this new one. Hope it's awesome. It's the first Stern I personally have been excited to see in quite a while.
I think it would be really cool if they had some form of the BK2K soundtrack in it somewhere, and even a riff that was reminiscent of the BK background sound. Looking forward to seeing this although I won't be able to afford one.
Chris

Since the license screenshot mentions Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 I hope there are two classic modes in the game where the game essentially turns into those games with a unique take while using the original theme music and sounds.

#353 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm interested to see and hear what Stern comes up with regarding custom music, animations and callouts as just like with Dialed In everything needs to be custom made with an original theme (this is close enough to one even though it's licensed through WMS).

Yeah, this is what interests me. Looking forward to seeing what Stern do with a theme that isn't based on a major IP.

#354 7 months ago

Fucking awesome

#355 7 months ago

I hope the LE, at least, has a real knocker. It's an 80s throwback, needs a genuine knock!

#356 7 months ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I hope the LE, at least, has a real knocker. It's an 80s throwback, needs a genuine knock!

For around $9k I hope so!

#357 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Since the license screenshot mentions Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 I hope there are two classic modes in the game where the game essentially turns into those games with a unique take while using the original theme music and sounds.

Like the time machine mode in Junkyard?

Or, Move Your Spaceship!!! in BOP2.0?

I could dig that.

#358 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Let's calm down. We haven't even seen how many coils yet!

#359 7 months ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Like the time machine mode in Junkyard?
Or, Move Your Spaceship!!! in BOP2.0?
I could dig that.

Yeah. Personally I would like to see 3 wizard modes. First one uses the original Black Knight callouts / sounds, second from Black Knight 2000, and the 3rd for the new game. Then again, may be cool to just see this game be its own thing.

#360 7 months ago

I have a original BK & can't wait to see this game in the flesh, but Gee we have only seen a quick vid teaser & already the hype train is nearly @ full speed.

#361 7 months ago

This looks great! Cant wait for the full reveal tomorrow.
It could well be my first Stern with an LCD screen!

#362 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like the LE will be right at or around $9k from what I'm hearing. I'm interested to see and hear what Stern comes up with regarding custom music, animations and callouts as just like with Dialed In everything needs to be custom made with an original theme (this is close enough to one even though it's licensed through WMS). As a Dialed In owner I'm excited for Black Knight Sword of Fury as I think an original theme game can offer a lot of value to the home buyer since everything needs to be made from scratch.

There are a few games where they created the LCD content from scratch. Aerosmith was the first effort, which was decent, but titles after that have gotten even better, like Deadpool. Iron Maiden is a hodgepodge of existing assets and fresh stuff, and is ok, but a little disjointed on the LCD animations IMO. I expect BK3 to look outstanding. As far as sound, I think Jerry Thompson has been creating amazing with sound packages for a few years now. He doesn't get enough credit.

#364 7 months ago

All I gotta say is this is a much better pic for a non licensed game then dialed in just saying

#365 7 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

All I gotta say is this is a much better pic for a non licensed game then dialed in just saying

But it is licensed. From Williams / Planetary.

#366 7 months ago
Quoted from thefoxxman:

But I really hope it's not the amazing build-up everyone had for Star Wars and others.. only to be let down once it was actually released - looked cool in the drawings,

Welcome to the release of every modern Stern.

#367 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:For around $9k I hope so!

Back in my day 6.5k would get ya a monkey.

#368 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

But it is licensed. From Williams / Planetary.

Say "Original Theme" then.

#369 7 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

May want to wait for a non fuzzy picture, details about code, animations, music, shot layout and how it actually plays first...

#370 7 months ago

I missed the announcement yesterday when it blew up. I'm late to the party!

Any new Ritchie game is an automatic consideration for me. I'm very interested to see what he did being unshackled from a constrictive license.

#371 7 months ago

Am I the only one not excited for this?
How many BK’s do we need?

#372 7 months ago

whether its Black Knight, or White Kday I don't give two hoots. Whats the game like? if its good its good and i don't really give a toss about the theme. Think about it, how else could have Iron Maiden and Wizard of Oz sold so many games! Looking forward to the reveal in a couple of hours.

#373 7 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Am I the only one not excited for this?
How many BK’s do we need?

Three. We need at least 3.

#374 7 months ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Three. We need at least 3.

Well, if we need 3 of these then a second GNR from JJP is easily warranted in my opinion.

#375 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

May want to wait for a non fuzzy picture, details about code, animations, music, shot layout and how it actually plays first...

With all the "instant buy" people I assumed my eyes were going bad.

#376 7 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, if we need 3 of these then a second GNR from JJP is easily warranted in my opinion.

No arguments there!

#377 7 months ago

I am excited for the reveal today. It looks like a packed game and I love the animations with the Knight-super bad ass. The pictures are not clear enough but I do have a concern. My concern is the distance from flippers to center shots. I tend to prefer games with wide open playfields and shots towards back of playfield. They are more enjoyable to shoot with far less rejects. I actually got rid of my Airborne because of this issue. It may be that the Knight elevates up to allow ball through? I am happy that they choose not to do an upper pf with two flippers, if it is just one flipper and more of a pass through like WH20-then I will enjoy it. The art looks spectacular and the plastics look sick. I no longer jump on LE bandwagons but I am watching closely on this one. Hoping it is another Steve Ritchie masterpiece.

#378 7 months ago

Anyone know when and where the release is today?

#379 7 months ago

10 central

#380 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well I hope JJP pulls it together tighter on pricing, keeping their games “loaded” and getting games out the door. If you were there in TX last weekend and saw what reveal of the stripped $11500 YBR, like I did, you may not feel as confident.

You may feel me saying this is an attack, but it is not. I am rooting for JJP, but am concerned about their choices, or investors guiding them on their choices and their financials.
Hope their next game is a good one.

#381 7 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Well I hope JJP pulls it together tighter on pricing, keeping their games “loaded” and getting games out the door. If you were there in TX last weekend and saw what reveal of the stripped $11500 YBR, like I did, you may not feel as confident.
You may feel me saying this is an attack, but it is not. I am rooting for JJP, but am concerned about their choices, or investors guiding them on their choices and their financials.
Hope their next game is a good one.

YBR comes across as a money grab just like Beatles Platinum and Diamond. I don't think that will be their new pricing going forward otherwise they are going to limit their customer base even more. I'm actually hoping for a $7k - $8k version of Wonka so JJP can compete more with Stern. I used to think JJP could survive on $9k+ pins alone but I don't know anymore. I think they are limiting their customer base by only targeting the high end market.

What sucks is both Stern and JJP keep looking at each others games and charging more. Dialed In LE is $9k and Munsters LE is $9k. JJP may think "why are we charging only $9k for a game with so much more features and code in it"? So raise the price of the games and then Stern says "why are we not charging that price"? Its out of control lol.

I have a JJP POTC being delivered today, excited to get it and add it to my JJP lineup. However, I'm done buying any pin once the $10k threshold is hit.

#382 7 months ago

I hope there is a good amount of Orginal music like Bk2000 and not so much off the shelf stuff. With some more great chorus and Steve Ritchie telling me I Suck when I miss shots.

#383 7 months ago

£10K for the LE here in the UK:

yup thats $13,244.22

#384 7 months ago

So excited for the reveal!! Today's going to be a good day!

#385 7 months ago

#386 7 months ago

I think I'm in on the LE.

This must be the first unlicensed licensed theme in the pinball world.

#387 7 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ironically enough this IS in fact a licesnsed theme....licensed by Williams/Planetary Pinball.

#388 7 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Ironically enough this IS in fact a licesnsed theme....licensed by Williams/Planetary Pinball.

Yes it is. They said no to unlicensed pins.

#389 7 months ago

Just hoping Sir Darkness toy has some good animation. Even better than Hulk or Wolverine would be nice.

#390 7 months ago

Is the reveal on twitch with Jack?

#391 7 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ever hear of Dialed in?

#392 7 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ever hear of Dialed in?

I'm stumped. Is "Crazy Bob" a licensed asset?

I'm no lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I can't think of anything that is licensed in DI.

#393 7 months ago

I'm no lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I can't think of anything that is licensed in DI.

Crazy bob is on at least two other games - Johnny mnemonic and Junkyard

#394 7 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Fastbreak.

#395 7 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I realize that, and also on other PL games (hence it being my only broad guess); is this actually a "licensed asset" though? Seems overly broad to me.

#397 7 months ago
Quoted from skywalker:

I have a original BK & can't wait to see this game in the flesh, but Gee we have only seen a quick vid teaser & already the hype train is nearly @ full speed.

I think it's easy for people to get hyped when a Stern is announced because they know they'll probably be playing it within a month and it's easy to get carried away. So far that's only true for Stern games.

#398 7 months ago

You know what, my eyes completely misread what the quoted poster said. I missed the "licensed" after "unlicensed"...more caffeine needed for me today, my bad!

#399 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it's easy for people to get hyped when a Stern is announced because they know they'll probably be playing it within a month and it's easy to get carried away. So far that's only true for Stern games.

Over/Under on JJP hitting the 60 day ship deadline on Wonka?

#400 7 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Over/Under on JJP hitting the 60 day ship deadline on Wonka?

50/50 at best. But they really need to. 60 days is a nice timeframe where the excitement will be at a high level. Much longer and the buzz quiets down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Valley Stream, NY
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 4000 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 80.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside