(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 81.
#3901 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

. Curious if code will be deep enough to be a long term game. Remember having a great time with Aerosmith on location, but it got old quick at home. [quoted image]

I think it will especially if he can do a little more with the power features.

#3902 4 years ago

There were two things that bothered me when playing. First, the virtual kickback does suck. I kept looking at the left outlane and then a ball fires from the shooter lane. For such an aggressive, fast paced game, this delay to get back into the action vs a quick kick back into play feels off. But, on the positive side, for the Premium version it does put you back into the upper playfield. Second issue is all of the ball hops. Wow did that ball fly all over the place. I jumped it off the upper playfield several times. I think this is a Stern problem because of all other games and manufacturers I've owned/played, I've never seen ball hops like on Sterns. I think it is a combination of flipper strength and design. Pretty sure it's why their playfields dimple deeper and faster than others. Barring those two issues, I think I wouldn't have anything negative to say about the games. The music, sound, callouts, and animations were more appealing the second time around. So, hopefully the code continues to mature. I think the upper playfield post enhancement is needed as the ball quickly drains before you have a chance to nudge quite often.

#3903 4 years ago

Guys I found this at bottom of black knight box any ideas where they go ?

DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpegDF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
#3904 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys I found this at bottom of black knight box any ideas where they go ?[quoted image]

Look at the coin mechanisms on the inside of the coin door. They can fall out during shipment.

#3905 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Look at the coin mechanisms on the inside of the coin door. They can fall out during shipment.

Thanks for the info I looked didn’t see anyytnjng but at least I got a smell of the pinball interior ! Smells awesome like a new car

#3906 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I jumped it off the upper playfield several times.

Well over 100 games on my LE and never once saw this.

#3907 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I concur. No ball has fallen off the upper playfield. I have had a handful come off the wire form on its way off the upper playfield, but definitely no bouncing balls came off the playfield.

#3908 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Maybe it was how it was set up. I had balls jump from upper playfield into shooter lane and onto lower playfield several times. Usually when trying to hit catapult off a fast moving loop. But glad to here it may be the rare event instead of the norm.

#3909 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I wonder if they put the wrong springs on some of them to.

The springs are color coded to keep them from getting confused. The spring in the factory and modified shooter should be orange. Here is a link to a stronger spring and a list of strength in order.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=266-5001-14

#3910 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys I found this at bottom of black knight box any ideas where they go ?[quoted image]

Here are photos. On your game are the two screws on the bottom, one for each coin mech, in place?

2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpegEAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpegEAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
#3911 4 years ago

Still loving this machine, but I must say, I HATE how the high speed, hurry up music continues after the ball has drained. It keeps playing as the bonuses are being tallied up and drives me nuts!!

Hope they clean that up on the next code update

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

coin-mech-screws (resized).jpgcoin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
#3913 4 years ago

When u defeat a boss like let’s say u make all shots frozen guys is there any ending animation ?

#3914 4 years ago

No, which kinda stinks. It gives you the mode total points and lights the gold lightning inserts to tell you it’s done. But I think that’s it.

This doesn’t bother me as much as the lack of spinner sounds. I only hear it during the retro mode but would love to hear it all the time.

Otherwise the game is awesome.

My pro just left the house yesterday and I don’t get my premium for 2 more weeks. What am I going to do?

#3915 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

No, which kinda stinks. It gives you the mode total points and lights the gold lightning inserts to tell you it’s done. But I think that’s it.
This doesn’t bother me as much as the lack of spinner sounds. I only hear it during the retro mode but would love to hear it all the time.
Otherwise the game is awesome.
My pro just left the house yesterday and I don’t get my premium for 2 more weeks. What am I going to do?

Get bored of the premium and rebuy a pro in three months is my guess.

#3916 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

When u defeat a boss like let’s say u make all shots frozen guys is there any ending animation ?

Yea I think this is an area where the game is sorely lacking. There doesn't seem to be any sort of 'finishing animation' a'la Deadpool's Final Shot that really lets you know a mode has been completed/beaten.

That along with the power jackpot features that seem unused on the display seem to be some of the bigger issues that need some attention on the game.

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Yea I think this is an area where the game is sorely lacking. There doesn't seem to be any sort of 'finishing animation

Software is not done yet. May be coming.

#3918 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Yea I think this is an area where the game is sorely lacking. There doesn't seem to be any sort of 'finishing animation' a'la Deadpool's Final Shot that really lets you know a mode has been completed/beaten.

That along with the power jackpot features that seem unused on the display seem to be some of the bigger issues that need some attention on the game.

Hopefully by the time the game is finished its all there. I agree there should be a final shot animation. Its still early in the code.

#3919 4 years ago

I played the Pro last night and now know I prefer the premium. It just doesn't seem right without the upper PF. Not bashing by any means.

#3920 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Get bored of the premium and rebuy a pro in three months is my guess.

LOL not likely. The pro is a good game but not near the game that the premium is. The only way you make that trade is if you need money.

#3921 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

... My pro just left the house yesterday and I don’t get my premium for 2 more weeks. What am I going to do?

Prepare ... collect mods with some new things coming out too.

#3922 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

LOL not likely. The pro is a good game but not near the game that the premium is. The only way you make that trade is if you need money.

I have to disagree Evan I personally got bored of the premium just kept sending it up to top it made the game really long playing and easy. I also noticed during retro mode cradle two balls on the left and with your right flipper just keep sending the ball up to to make loops for like four million which becomes really easy.

#3923 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I have to disagree Evan I personally got bored of the premium just kept sending it up to top it made the game really long playing and easy. I also noticed during retro mode cradle two balls on the left and with your right flipper just keep sending the ball up to to make loops for like four million which becomes really easy.

Agree 100% its cool to love the Pre but to say the pro isn't near the same quality of game is in a word. Horseshit

#3924 4 years ago

I owned pro and with some tasteful mods it would be beautiful in it's own right. After 100 + games I let it go for and Le. I started doubting my choice until tonight. I had been fighting to keep the ball up top for the first 30 games which is very frustrating. Tonight I played it as I played the pro focusing on the modes and when the opportunity arose played the upper playfield. Started stacking multiballs and hit my high score to date just shy of 300m. The game shot wise is really settling in as it did on the pro. Cant wait for the next update.

1 week later
#3925 4 years ago

So, since the initial hype seems to have ended:

Anyone that played both versions of the game still'd say that he likes the Pro better?

#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

For a highly skilled player like yourself, I can see that. My accuracy just isn't that good where I can consistently make that shot. I keep trying that method but can't make it consistently. I'm loving the upper playfield and the added layers of the game that only come from up there. Maybe in the future code updates they can find a way to make it harder to get up there from the left vuk.

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Anyone that played both versions of the game still'd say that he likes the Pro better?

You seem to get both sides of the coin. I'm very happy with my premium. Fun game no matter which one you choose.

#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

100% pro is still better.

I have played both versions extensively.

I will say it again... if you want and upper pf then got get BK2K which is the far superior upper.

Bk3K shines as the pro model only. The prem/le upper is just not fun due to the poor design and code implementation on it.

#3929 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

i like the premium MUCH better after getting some time on one. upper playfield breaks the brutality up nicely but doesn't feel 'slow' or anything like that.

ymmv.

#3930 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Played both and still like the Pro better.

#3931 4 years ago

I have a feeling this will be a lot like Game of Thrones. Two games that feel quite different, but both pretty awesome. I would imagine each will have it's fans vs the other. Nice to have choices!

Much like GoT, I THINK I prefer the pro. I could see myself concentrating too much on the upper playfield and ignoring the rest of the game (kind of had that problem with No Fear concentrating too much on the jump ramp). And I just do not find the upper all that satisfying, while I love the flow of the ramp on the pro. To be fair though, I really have not played the premium enough yet, so my mind could change. I've played the pro quite a bit more and LOVE it.

Again, both great games whichever you prefer!

#3932 4 years ago

I purchased the Pro (couldn't afford to spend premium money on a game at this point in my life) and I love it. I love how brutally difficult it is and it keeps me coming back for more. I haven't played the Premium or LE but I can say that I don't enjoy watching people play it on youtube or twitch as much as the pro. The upper playfield makes the games longer and more repetitive, also easier. I suspect that getting to play it will be much more fun than watching someone play so I am reserving judgment. What an amazing game though. If you're into metal and a knight that talks sh*t to you the whole game then this pin is for you! =)

#3933 4 years ago

Did anyone else adjust the shaker motor? It rattles my backglass like crazy, or something else in the back box

#3934 4 years ago

Sword fight anyone? Proto finish testing.
Flipper toppers soon to be on our site.
hookedonpinball.com
sword fight (resized).jpgsword fight (resized).jpg

#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Did anyone else adjust the shaker motor? It rattles my backglass like crazy, or something else in the back box

I did .. made it so one weight is at a 90 degree angle to the other .. perfect IMO .

#3936 4 years ago

LE #320 arrived safely at its new home today.

20190711_155707 (resized).jpg20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
#3937 4 years ago

I wonder what the ***TheBlackNight*** thinks of the game!

#3938 4 years ago

Stern sending me new spring for the launcher issues I’m having . I hate taking things apart hopefully won’t be too hard

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Stern sending me new spring for the launcher issues I’m having . I hate taking things apart hopefully won’t be too hard

So what now?! You WANTED a harder spring!!!

#3940 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So what now?! You WANTED a harder spring!!!

Yeah of course . The one with the add on shooter hardly
Makes it up to the top play field

#3941 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It won’t be. Look on YouTube for videos, it’s a quick and simple process.

#3942 4 years ago

Got my new spring from Stern today. Shooter Rod should work as it supposed to now.

#3943 4 years ago

Man this pin is just amazing, the music, modes, speed. What a great multiplayer pin. I honestly have never been so into a game before. As great as a deep, 4 flipper loaded pin can be and I do need both this thing really is exactly what I love about pinball. Heres to hoping Stern makes a least one game a year in this style with a good theme, I'm thinking Hmmmmmm Motorhead.

#3944 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man this pin is just amazing, the music, modes, speed. What a great multiplayer pin. I honestly have never been so into a game before. As great as a deep, 4 flipper loaded pin can be and I do need both this thing really is exactly what I love about pinball. Heres to hoping Stern makes a least one game a year in this style with a good theme, I'm thinking Hmmmmmm Motorhead.

This would be a good start. Yes, its a Metallica tribute to Lemmy and Motorhead, but lots of pinball imagery.. https://www.google.com/search?q=metallica+murder+one+(official+music+video)&oq=metallica+murder+one+video&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.17983j1j9&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sbfbu=1&pi=metallica%20murder%20one%20(official%20music%20video)

#3945 4 years ago

We got a BKSOR Premium at the local bar a few weeks ago. My first impression of the upper playfield was how sparse it was. Why didn't they go with two flippers and at least one bank of drop targets?

Sorry if this has been discussed before. Almost 4K posts in this topic and I'm late to the party.

#3946 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

We got a BKSOR Premium at the local bar a few weeks ago. My first impression of the upper playfield was how sparse it was. Why didn't they go with two flippers and at least one bank of drop targets?
Sorry if this has been discussed before. Almost 4K posts in this topic and I'm late to the party.

At first glance it can look sparse but damn there is so much going on up there and it is a massive part of the game. How many games have you played so far and do you have a solid grasp of the rules? Some really good players on here say that it is too big a part of the game and is too easy to just keep the ball up there. I'm an ok player but I can't put up the billions that some of them are able to do. I love the upper playfield and the game overall. Put some more games on it and you might change your mind.....or you might not.

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

How many games have you played so far and do you have a solid grasp of the rules?

Played it about 20 times and No. The only thing I know to do is catapult lock and looping it around does something but I don't know what. You have Cliffs on what to do up there?

#3948 4 years ago

waiting on announcement BKSoR:WDE (White Damsel Edition) where the cabinet shows a damsel in partial white armor crawling. prem/LE really rocks. Now we need some sizzle.

STERN -> I'd like to see way more light show action than is in the code. I am thinking in the range of 5x the currently action. I want to see the circle of lighting bolts going crazy throughout the gameplay and during some modes. Whether they are white and cycling, changed to faster and then faster and then pulsing and then solid lit or whether they use chasing color patterns or any combination of stuff. But BKSoR code needs is some pulsing, spinning lights that are integrated with gameplay. If not integrated, these will still look really good and should be at the top of your to do list.

#3949 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But BKSoR code needs is some pulsing, spinning lights that are integrated with gameplay. If not integrated, these will still look really good and should be at the top of your to do list.

Integrated with gameplay: YES PLEASE!

But tone down the flashing at bonus tally/end of ball - I’m trying to watch the display one of the few times I can really look at for a length of time while playing.

#3950 4 years ago

Ive locked a ball a couple times during a multiball, and the playfield goes totally dark. With the bright lights to total dark ive lost the ball on it. My guess is a bug that will be fixed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 16.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/79?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.