(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 81.
#3801 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

What do you mean by joke free I personally love the funny call outs

I know and thats ok, I like it to when its done well and fits the theme. BK3 was perfect call out wise for me before I installed .94 then tit became a little much, both in terms of quantity and humor. All I'm saying is I hope they don't turn it into a farce.

#3802 4 years ago

Change log

LE V0.97 - June 19, 2019
==========================
Fixed:
- Fixed a timing issue which prevented players from getting credit for another
lock or super jackpot when the ball was released from the catapult lock and
quickly re-locked.
- Fixed an issue which could infrequently cause the flail to move at a slow
speed when it should have been in the open position.
- Fixed an issue where catapult multiball would not award KNIGHT letters.
- Fixed an issue where the Ball Saved animation could show when the ball was
not saved.

Tweaked:
- Improved handling of outlane ball save during situations where multiball
ball saver is active or in grace period.
- Modified the Extra Ball light show to keep all the GI on.
- Modified the Triple Knights lock light shows to include backbox lamp
effects.
- Changed the relight shots in Lich mode to the same color as unfreeze shots.
- Changed the rules for WAR and RAGE lanes to keep the same lanes lit for a
player on their next ball in play.
- Reduced the amount of time the flail stays in open position after being hit
in Catapult Multiball.
- Volume Adjustments and Tweaks.
- Install Competition Mode sets
- LAST CHANCE MODE ENABLED to NO
- PLAY BLACK KNIGHT INTRO to NO

New:
- Added RANSOM Wizard Mode
- Lit by spelling KNIGHT a second time in a single game.
- Started by shooting the left VUK.
- Classic Black Knight 2000 Sounds, Speech, and 14-Segment Display.
- Timed 60 Second 3-Ball Multiball. The ball saver does not expire.
- +5x Bonus
- FLAIL = MILLIONS
- ORBITS = 750,000
- WAR = MILLIONS
- EXTRA BALL IS Lit
- EVERYTHING IS LIT

- Added LAST CHANCE feature
- To Qualify Last Chance:
- Player must be on their last ball in play.
- Player cannot have played a Catapult Multiball.
- Player must drain down the left outlane with no ball save lit OR
- Player must drain down the right outlane and press the magna-save button
before the ball drains.
- Timed Mode where the goal is to re-lock balls in the Catapult Lock.
- Lower Flippers are Disabled.
- Player gets unlimited balls served for the duration of the mode.
- Player controls the launching of balls into play.
- Completing RAGE lanes adds time and builds jackpot base.
- Shooting the Light Locks target adds time and builds jackpot base.
- Player must lock 3 balls in the Catapult Lock to start SUPER MULTIBALL.
- Time remaining gets added to the jackpot base.
- If the player cannot lock 3 balls, their game ends.

- Added SUPER CATAPULT Multiball
- 4 Ball Multiball, with new display art and lamp effects.
- Base value of multiball jackpots set during Last Chance.
- Locking a ball in the Catapult Lock sets jackpot multiplier to 2x until
the ball is released.
- Locking 2 balls in the Catapult Lock sets jackpot multiplier to 3x until
the balls are released.

- Added light shows for War Hurryup shots and War Hurryup Complete.
- Added speech for Extra Ball, Extra Ball is Lit, and Shoot Again.
- Added additional speech calls for mode intros.
- Added light show for Match sequence.
- Added shaker motor to the game intro when the Black Knight screams.

Moved to System 2.30:
Update Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE INIZIALI"

#3803 4 years ago

New code is up!

#3804 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

That's your opinion

Its a valid opinion. Anyone who is supposedly excited about a game, then judges the purchase, based on a video is not truly a fan. So funny people can think they know a game based on how it looks on an internet video. Kind of like kids nowadays who watch someone else play a video game on YouTube, instead of playing it themselves

#3805 4 years ago

Downloaded and copying to USB. Very excited to see whats up

#3806 4 years ago

Okay how in hell do you get to this Other Mode people keep talking about.

I don't see anything or way to get to these features.

#3807 4 years ago

Only one I don’t understand how to get to us super catapult is that part of last chance ? I stopped watching stream so I can have some surprises

#3808 4 years ago

What's the new interactive toy?

#3809 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What's the new interactive toy?

A plastic piece that pushes up on the lower upper playfield rubber ring to allow the ball to hop slightly so that you are able to hit with the upper right flipper. You basically can do the same thing by nudging the game when the ball is in the right place.

#3810 4 years ago

I wonder if the pro will get a ransom mode. I hope so but even if I can barely spell knight once much less twice hahahaah

#3811 4 years ago

How do we get this new Interactive Toy? - Kind feeling clueless on this release. Think I misunderstood what Classic mode was.

#3812 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

How do we get this new Interactive Toy? - Kind feeling clueless on this release. Think I misunderstood what Classic mode was.

There’s no new toy, it’s a plastic and a post. Kinda weird that Stern made it into a thing, seems more like something that should be in a technical bulletin.

I’d imagine you’ll just contact your distributor and request one.

#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

A plastic piece that pushes up on the lower upper playfield rubber ring to allow the ball to hop slightly so that you are able to hit with the upper right flipper. You basically can do the same thing by nudging the game when the ball is in the right place.

i don't know about you... but i'm feeling physically enhanced in my pants by this revolutionary gameplay addition.

oh, stern!

#3814 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

i don't know about you... but i'm feeling physically enhanced in my pants by this revolutionary gameplay addition.
oh stern!

Insert post and rubber joke here, lol.

#3815 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Nope. Not even so much as a twitch...

#3816 4 years ago

I feel a little duped. When you say "playfield enhancement" i imagined something new and interactive. But instead we got a TSB disguised as a feature.
I thought some of the fundamental gameplay issues would be addressed.

1. More confirmation when modes are completed. 
2.Clearification of progress to defeating modes. 
3.More to do with the power features, like Iron Maiden. 
4.Incorporate lower orbit gates open more. 
5.Upper lock when not locking balls, leave open so as to act like a scoop shot back to the upper flipper and incorporate that into the game. 
6. Combos & combo champ 
7. More to do with power sword.
8. Adjust SR vocals, some garbled too bass heavy
9. Adjust vocals in main theme song. Vocals are too low compared to instruments.

#3817 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I feel a little duped. When you say "playfield enhancement" i imagined something new and interactive. But instead we got a TSB disguised as a feature.
5.Upper lock when not locking balls, leave open so as to act like a scoop shot back to the upper flipper and incorporate that into the game. 
6. Combos & combo champ 
9. Adjust vocals in main theme song. Vocals are too low compared to instruments.

1-4 and 7 are spot on. It is annoying that I have no idea how or when a mode ends. This was overhyped save for a few additions that I'll never get to.

#3818 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Ok well I'm always happy with a great software update like this one, even if the hardware mod is less than I had hoped. At least it appears to put the bump far back up away from the flipper rather than making things too easy up above. Hopefully they will send out interlock cables with the hardware enhancement for those of us who want one.

#3819 4 years ago

Are there any pictures of this magic new playfield post? I want to see how amazing it is.

Also, has anyone noticed that if you hit the right flipper button a little bit, only the bottom flipper triggers? I wonder if that was by design or a bug.

#3820 4 years ago

Why is there premium and le code listed on sterns site? I have a premium but when it boots it shows le code. I clicked on premium on the site but it downloaded way too quick and file was much too small.

What is the size of the file? Should I just try the le version? The premium code file is 291,702 kb in size, although the title of the file says le in it. The le code is 1,931,918 kb. Be careful of what you put in your game. That's a big difference in size.

#3821 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Also, has anyone noticed that if you hit the right flipper button a little bit, only the bottom flipper triggers? I wonder if that was by design or a bug.

Thats been true of multi flipper games for decades.

#3822 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

6. Combos & combo champ 

some gameplay issues to add to your list:

How about showing current playfield multiplier?

How about downshifting the default difficulty of #21-#25 monsters by one level? I play game in location and 99.9% of time Op keeps default settings.

How about requiring each ball of catapult to be qualified first? So ball is launched and you need to hit standup to qualify and then lock ball 1. Then qualify and lock ball 2 and then ball 3. Next set requires x+1 ball to qualify each lock.

How about allowing user to select which of 5 main modes start at shield lock with bumper hits?

How about softening Extended Play requirements for those who’ve already started catapult multiball?

How about adding a 4 sec ball save at completion of rage to offset cheap drains?

#3823 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Maybe I haven't gotten deep enough in the game but I'd actually forgotten that the game has tracking for this kind of feature a'la Iron Maiden. It seems completely unused at this point and almost like it was a direct copy and paste with no thought to gameplay integration.

#3824 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Why is there premium and le code listed on sterns site? I have a premium but when it boots it shows le code. I clicked on premium on the site but it downloaded way too quick and file was much too small.
What is the size of the file? Should I just try the le version? The premium code file is 291,702 kb in size, although the title of the file says le in it. The le code is 1,931,918 kb. Be careful of what you put in your game. That's a big difference in size.

I redownloaded the premium code and it is now the same size as the le code. Should be good to go.

#3825 4 years ago

Is super catapult multiball only available thru last chance?... i hope not, that would be ridiculous

#3826 4 years ago

I think your last item is spot on. A few seconds ball save for spelling rage would make the game way more fair and I think more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong I love the game but man some of those drains are just fucken annoying.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about showing current playfield multiplier?
How about downshifting the default difficulty of #21-#25 monsters by one level?
How about coding standup target on upper pf to require (x + 1) hits to qualify catapult rather than 1
How about making the standup target on upper pf translucent and light it by led from below?
How about allowing user to select which of 5 main modes start at shield lock with bumper hits?
How about softening Extended Play requirements for those who’ve already started catapult multiball?
How about adding a 4 sec ball save at completion of rage to offset cheap drains?

#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Is super catapult multiball only available thru last chance?... i hope not, that would be ridiculous

Apparently I started it was fun!

#3828 4 years ago

I’m confused about the new post…the concept is that you could essentially keep the ball in the upper play field forever? Is there a negative consequence to that seeing as the ball can never drain?

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’m confused about the new post…the concept is that you could essentially keep the ball in the upper play field forever? Is there a negative consequence to that seeing as the ball can never drain?

The ball can still drain. The (optional) post helps bump balls that went around the loop fly into the flipper, but you can still fumble that shot and lose the ball. The ball also needs to have some speed on it for the bump to do much. Players were already able to bump the ball into the flippers by nudging the game while the game was rolling on the rubbers in the upper playfield, the post just makes this automatic.

#3830 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

The ball can still drain. The (optional) post helps bump balls that went around the loop fly into the flipper, but you can still fumble that shot and lose the ball. The ball also needs to have some speed on it for the bump to do much. Players were already able to bump the ball into the flippers by nudging the game while the game was rolling on the rubbers in the upper playfield, the post just makes this automatic.

I guess I need to see it. In my mind this makes the upper play field too easy. It is possible that I am completely wrong in my imagination of this.

#3831 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I guess I need to see it. In my mind this makes the upper play field too easy. It is possible that I am completely wrong in my imagination of this.

That is a valid concern. Thankfully, if it makes the game too easy, as it is an optional part, operators can just not install it.

From watching the Deadflip stream, it looks like it helped make a bunch more shots in the upper playfield, but didn't make the game trivial.

#3832 4 years ago

Is pro a worhty player or is prem must have?

#3833 4 years ago

I have a pro and I can't stop playing it.

Quoted from pninja005:

#3834 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

has anyone noticed that if you hit the right flipper button a little bit, only the bottom flipper triggers? I wonder if that was by design or a bug.

I believe that's called a stage flip,the good players can cradle a ball on the lower flipper and still flip the top flipper when wanted.

#3835 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Its a valid opinion. Anyone who is supposedly excited about a game, then judges the purchase, based on a video is not truly a fan. So funny people can think they know a game based on how it looks on an internet video. Kind of like kids nowadays who watch someone else play a video game on YouTube, instead of playing it themselves

Hold on there poncho. The game could be the best playing game ever, but that's not what I was talking about. I asked if anyone else had second thoughts after seeing the shift in the theme, from medieval to futuristic. That's what turned me off the new game.

#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

medieval to futuristic. That's what turned me off the new game.

Its futuristic? I had no idea.

Quoted from pninja005:

More than worth it but if u have doubts u need to wait and try both then decide. I went Pro strictly out of my dislike for Upper PFs and after trying an LE I'm happy with my choice.

#3837 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its futuristic? I had no idea.

Sandworms creatures??

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Sandworms creatures??

Yeah but it isn't Dune and aren't Sandworm creatures timeless? Hey I hope it is futuristic really I guess I don't care either way and I would love a Dune pin. To some of the JJP dicks on this site who think I hate the company, Dune would be a perfect theme for them to do and I would be a buyer. So put that in ur pipe and suckle.

dune_movie_poster_cast_artwork (resized).jpgdune_movie_poster_cast_artwork (resized).jpg
#3839 4 years ago

Where do I get this post thingy? My distributor? Is it free ?

#3840 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I've only played a pro on location but I'd definitely want to try out a Premium before pulling the trigger on this one for home use. Especially if you are anywhere on the fence regarding the theme/music/etc.

#3841 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

PRO 100%

Prem/LE is a dud, but on Pinside there are always lots of LE/Prem owners so you need to filter through all that.

#3842 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

PRO 100%
Prem/LE is a dud, but on Pinside there are always lots of LE/Prem owners so you need to filter through all that.

Played both and have the premium right now. I like the premium better, just seems like there is more to do on it. It's a pretty bare game overall, but it's a lot of fun, great flow as you'd expect.

#3843 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

PRO 100%

Premium is where it is at Pro is a Dud.

This is how I felt about Iron Maiden to. The IM Pro lasted 3 months in my house until Premium envy set it. Still waiting
on a Premium deal on Maiden but thats my sentiment.

#3845 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Premium is where it is at Pro is a Dud.

I prefer the pro can't we be happy that both exist and not have to compare the 2?

#3846 4 years ago

Black Knight SOR Premium is a big hit over here with my boys who rarely if ever play pinball. If they had to put money in I'm sure they'd drain their meager savings in a day. They like to bump me of the game every chance they get.

After the code update they all got jealous when I locked 3 balls in the Catapult and racked up an extra 30mil. Absolutely love it.

Lets just embrace the fact that it rocks and move on people.

There are a handful of games where the Pro was better but I don't think this is one of them.

#3847 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

PRO 100%

i'm not saying your opinion is invalid, by any means. but if i were to always accept it as fact, how you tend to present it, i'd still be eagerly waiting for delivery of my Predator.

#3848 4 years ago

Yes I am an owner, but I really like the Premium/LE. I was actually concerned I shouldn't have gone that route but I enjoy it very much. Pro is good fun, I love this game. Its like a throwback but modern at the same time. To each their own, but I am surprised it gets so much criticism.

#3849 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i'm not saying your opinion is invalid, by any means. but if i were to always accept it as fact, how you tend to present it, i'd still be eagerly waiting for delivery of my Predator.

oh, give it a fucking rest already.

Your same tired shit everytime you dont agree with my opinion. WHHHHHHAAAAA, where is my Predator? Whysnow said it would come.

your schtick has gotten boring.

#3850 4 years ago
Quoted from Lord_RyGuy:

I have a pro and I can't stop playing it.

Same here but I’m thinking about selling mine and getting a Premium. This really turned out to be a very good pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/77?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.