(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 81.
#3601 4 years ago

What the heck... never copped this message before.....

Screenshot_20190603-111111_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190603-111111_Chrome.jpg
#3602 4 years ago

I think the premiums are about ready to start shipping. Got my final payment notification today.

#3603 4 years ago

I want one. Please pm me for shipping info.
Either will work.

#3604 4 years ago

So I have had it for just over a week now, didn't get to play as much as I would like but...quick review.

-Still in honeymoon phase but this is one of my favorite pins right now.
-Upper play field is fun and I think setting aside any cost difference is more fun. Played pro too which is loads of fun as well but this just adds that little extra t put it over the top IMO.
-I would like to see it used a little more..its close but would be nice if a mode or two required you to nail the loop a few times or something. May be hard to implement with no indicator light up there which IMO is the biggest design flaw. This would make it perfect!
-Sound is great, love the callouts and they keep getting better and the music rocks not repetitive.
-Art is great, backglass is one of the best I have seen tons of mirroring!
-Has a great "one more game" feel

I think a little more work on the code and we will have a winner!

#3605 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I think the premiums are about ready to start shipping. Got my final payment notification today.

I got LE # 453 it was made on May 22. So i imagine they finished making the LE last week. On to the premiums this week. Should start shipping any day.

#3606 4 years ago

Tonight I noticed that the factory never tightened a screw for the red plastic separating the WAR Lanes under my upper PF, so I had to figure out how to remove it.

It was actually simple, except for the hunting around trying to figure out how it was mounted. Let me save you all some time...

All you'll need is a #1 Phillips screw driver and your 1/4" nut driver.

There are 4 electrical connectors running to the upper PF. Reach behind the back of your PF and disconnect them there.

Using the nut driver, remove one screw (RED DOT) and two aluminum extensions (GREEN DOTS). Using your screw driver remove two small screws (PINK DOTS) and pop the metal scoop off the end of the shooter ramp.

Now you can lift entire upper PF off as one assembly. REALLY NICE DESIGN!! And you don't even fuss with the flipper, it stays in place and the PF lifts off around it.

And checkout the handle they mounted to the rear of the PF to help you lift the PF... classy.

Screenshot_20190603-204320~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190603-204320~2 (resized).png
#3607 4 years ago
5A831952-A9D8-4106-8CD3-57F9E21D99CA (resized).jpeg5A831952-A9D8-4106-8CD3-57F9E21D99CA (resized).jpeg7701EBCF-A81C-46F8-BF83-C2244D1507E3 (resized).jpeg7701EBCF-A81C-46F8-BF83-C2244D1507E3 (resized).jpeg
#3608 4 years ago

Oh, I thought you were replacing the flail balls with the sword, and the sword would make contact with the ball

That looks cool

#3609 4 years ago
Quoted from swilson143:

Oh, I thought you were replacing the flail balls with the sword, and the sword would make contact with the ball
That looks cool

Thank you.
No we just modified the fail to look like the handle on a sword. Functions the same as the original. But now it looks like he is going to cut something or someone in half! It looks incredible when the sword is spinning!
Ill post a video next week after the ramps come back from powder coating.

#3610 4 years ago

Didn't expect to see a ball stuck here. It eventually did a lost ball routine, the Knight struggled to get the flail moving again, but did manage to free the ball

IMG_20190605_212335 (resized).jpgIMG_20190605_212335 (resized).jpg
#3611 4 years ago

The flail caught the ball once exactly as you've pictured. I started to panic in fear the rotating mechanism would overload. Simply not enough time to grab the keys, open the cab and pull the the glass. Tilting the machine and it wouldn't budge. It quickly free'd itself, no problem.

#3612 4 years ago

Anyone made adjustments to the shield yet?

I noticed ours on route has started to not go as high when he lifts up and I need to go adjust. I figured it was worth asking if anyone has been in that mech yet to know what I should prepare for...
Easy? just an adjustment screw that is simple to reach?
or
Huge PITA and I should plan for an hour of taking apart stuff just to get to it?

#3613 4 years ago

Blackknight, super gameplay, love it.

883D9CA5-2AC1-4CBB-B17E-3E850B008BEC (resized).jpeg883D9CA5-2AC1-4CBB-B17E-3E850B008BEC (resized).jpeg
#3614 4 years ago

My premium is being delivered tomorrow. I'll report back after I get it set up.

#3615 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I

From below, it's an easy to get to coil

From above it's a lever that pivots off the side of the Black Knight

Didn't look at it with the glass off, but I didn't see any adjustments. Gonna be coil related or pivot related I'm guessing. Let us know.

IMG_20190606_170344-picsay (resized).jpgIMG_20190606_170344-picsay (resized).jpg
#3616 4 years ago

Thx. Likely pivot related is my guess. Gonna look at it in the morn.

Will report back

#3617 4 years ago

Between myself and friends, we've put about 130 plays on my LE over the last 5 days. BK is making me play better. Missed shots are punishing, so it's forcing me to aim better and improve my timing. It's most obvious when I go to play one of my other machines which I'm more familiar with. Definitely playing better.

I have two gripes though. The back flip at the end of the flail lane rejects too many balls. Only a perfectly aimed, direct shot off the right flipper makes it to the upper PF... It's an absolute miracle when a Left flipper shot makes it.

It rejects so many shots, I was sure I had something blocking the ramp or huge misalignment or something.

I took a close look last night. Left to right, the metal flail lane and back flip ramp align perfectly. Vertically the transition is harsh and only manageable because they installed a metal flap to soften the transition. Anyone else having an alarming amount of rejected balls from the back flip?

My second gripe is the Magna save... and I'm not talking button location. Even when I see it coming and get to the button early, the magnet is not consistently grabbing the ball. There seems to be lag between button activation and magnet activation. Code is 0.94.0. Anyone else experiencing this?

I found no menu options to increase magnet power, and the magnet is only 1/16" (or smaller) off the bottom of the PF ... But I'm convinced it's a lag issue, not power issue, because sometimes it actives quickly, and sometimes there's a fraction of a second delay.

#3618 4 years ago

What color are your knights eyes? I had a pro his eyes were yellow my le eyes red.

#3619 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM LIVE Stream: Black Knight LE with Chuck Wurt and Pin Stadium Scott
Check out that camera angle UNDER the glass!

Ive been playing some pins with my chin resting on the lockdown bar. Awkward yes, but its cool being at playfield level and being "closer" to the action.

#3620 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Thank you.
No we just modified the fail to look like the handle on a sword. Functions the same as the original. But now it looks like he is going to cut something or someone in half! It looks incredible when the sword is spinning!
Ill post a video next week after the ramps come back from powder coating.

Awesome visual mod!!!

#3621 4 years ago

Ok got my le all hooked up . Awesome game so far I’m just getting started . Only issue is I wish stern had not taped the certificate to the back glass. There is a lot of adhesive now I can’t get off !

25AE5B11-B4D0-4621-A656-1C48B244E0C1 (resized).jpeg25AE5B11-B4D0-4621-A656-1C48B244E0C1 (resized).jpeg
#3622 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Only issue is I wish stern had not taped the certificate to the back glass. There is a lot of adhesive now I can’t get off ![quoted image]

As long as it's on the unprinted front of the glass, you can scrape it off with a razor blade. Works great. Shouldn't take more than a minute, then another minute to clean the glass.

#3623 4 years ago

Believe it or not my first ball on my brand new machine got stuck behind that multiball thingy . Then I had to take glass off to push it down . Maybe not the right angle ?

#3624 4 years ago

I got to play a handful of games on the LE today. Previously I've played around 50 games on a pro. I have to say the LE is much better. The upper playfield may be sparse, but it is challenging. The loop shot is fast and hard to repeat. I was having some luck shooting it ala Dorothy's House in WOZ. Shoot the loop, then hold up the flipper, the ball bounces around, then shoot the loop again. The lock shot is also a challenge. Since the plunge, left orbit, and center ramp are so different from the pro, it feels like a totally different game. Also, I got the Catapult MB and Triple Knight Challenge MB stack for 6 ball MB. Super fun! Just a handful of games but I managed 170M. The owner is still on .93 code.

#3625 4 years ago

Spotted this trio at Crabtowne USA in Glen Burnie Maryland. Thought you'd appreciate seeing the family all together.

BK (resized).jpgBK (resized).jpg
#3626 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I noticed ours on route has started to not go as high when he lifts up and I need to go adjust. I figured it was worth asking if anyone has been in that mech yet to know what I should prepare for...
Easy? just an adjustment screw that is simple to reach?
or
Huge PITA and I should plan for an hour of taking apart stuff just to get to it?

adjustment screw on backside of shield. It is done with an allen wrench. Can be reached from back of knight on topside, but kinda odd/ tight to reach.

#3627 4 years ago

Hey guys my shaker motor is too strong, it rumbles the whole machine, feels like its going to fall apart. Any suggestions? Im surpised there isnt much shaker use during the game.

#3628 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my shaker motor is too strong, it rumbles the whole machine, feels like its going to fall apart. Any suggestions? Im surpised there isnt much shaker use during the game.

You can rotate one of the weighys on the shaker 90 degrees. I did it. Much better.

#3629 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok got my le all hooked up . Awesome game so far I’m just getting started . Only issue is I wish stern had not taped the certificate to the back glass. There is a lot of adhesive now I can’t get off ![quoted image]

Totally agree! Why tape that to my brand new machine? First thing I had to do was remove my beautiful mirrored back glass and carefully clean it. I would have rather found the certificate down with my manual and just played the game instead of wincing over its immediate marred ugliness :-/

#3630 4 years ago

Premium is set up. I love this game! It's is punishing but so much fun. My only issue is my upper flipper wasnt moving properly. I had it fixed in a couple minutes besides that, this game is awesome.

#3631 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Premium is set up. I love this game! It's is punishing but do much fun. My only issue is my upper flipper wasnt moving properly. I had it fixed in a couple minutes besides that, this game is awesome.

When did you get your premium, didn’t know they shipped yet?

#3632 4 years ago

I arrived around 3pm yesterday.

#3633 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is this an official Stern shaker or one of the CoinTaker ones? The CoinTaker ones always seemed to be too strong.

#3634 4 years ago

Umm umm black knight is pretty awesome

#3635 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Believe it or not my first ball on my brand new machine got stuck behind that multiball thingy . Then I had to take glass off to push it down . Maybe not the right angle ?

Hey guys my ball keeps stuck behind the multi ball rack thing on the top play field. Anyone have a solution?

#3636 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my ball keeps stuck behind the multi ball rack thing on the top play field. Anyone have a solution?

Behind the catapult ball lock? Haven't read any other complaints like that here. Time to slide the glass out and take a look. Take a ball and roll it through there and see where it gets stuck. Hopefully it's an easy adjustment

#3637 4 years ago
Quoted from swilson143:

Behind the catapult ball lock? Haven't read any other complaints like that here. Time to slide the glass out and take a look. Take a ball and roll it through there and see where it gets stuck. Hopefully it's an easy adjustment

Thanks I’ll try this not sure what the issue is I hope it’s simple

#3638 4 years ago

I love my black knight and all but man this thing keeps getting bAlls stuck all over the place .. wasn’t really well thought of

AFCAAB5F-F9B8-483D-9E6B-47683AB8D8DE (resized).jpegAFCAAB5F-F9B8-483D-9E6B-47683AB8D8DE (resized).jpeg
#3639 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I love my black knight and all but man this thing keeps getting bAlls stuck all over the place .. wasn’t really well thought of[quoted image]

And stuck again right now !

E40F7A0B-ACE6-4F2C-88DC-B04F220F5B21 (resized).jpegE40F7A0B-ACE6-4F2C-88DC-B04F220F5B21 (resized).jpeg
#3640 4 years ago

Never had a stuck ball in mine, check it over cause something must not be right

#3641 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Never had a stuck ball in mine, check it over cause something must not be right

its getting stuck in 3 places.
1) behind the multi ball top play field thing
2) right underneath the scoop of the upper play field
3) sometimes next tot he knight with his weapon

I even put the pitch up aggressively. No help. This is kind of dumb.

#3642 4 years ago

I've never had a ball stuck either. Look it over. Has to be an easy fix.

#3643 4 years ago

Ive never had a ball get stuck anywhere. Youre doing somethung wrong

#3644 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

You mean I’m playing the game wrong ? There are two flippers one on the left and one on the right ? So that can’t be it . Also if ur talking about setup don’t I just put the legs on ??9

#3645 4 years ago

I have the pro version and only place where the ball gets stuck is top R lane (WAR lane). Did notice while playing a demo at Pinfest the ball also got stuck there. Still love this game it’s now passing plays on GOTG which a had 2 months earlier..

#3646 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I agree - I've never had a ball stuck. He's definitely screwing it up. lol

#3647 4 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

I have the pro version and only place where the ball gets stuck is top R lane (WAR lane). Did notice while playing a demo at Pinfest the ball also got stuck there. Still love this game it’s now passing plays on GOTG which a had 2 months earlier..

I played probably 50 games on the pro and about 12 on an LE and each game has that same exact issue. It’s almost like that lane is too tight.

#3648 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I love my black knight and all but man this thing keeps getting bAlls stuck all over the place .. wasn’t really well thought of[quoted image]

You probably need to raise this ramp up. I had to adjust mine up a bit and it fixed it.

3D252B11-F338-4752-B5E4-CFBFE502D888 (resized).jpeg3D252B11-F338-4752-B5E4-CFBFE502D888 (resized).jpeg
#3649 4 years ago

You probably need to raise this ramp up. I had to adjust mine up a bit and it fixed it.[quoted image]

Ive had balls get stuck on this little latch. Took it off. No reason to be there. Looks like it holds the ramp down. Try removing this first to see if it raises the ramp?

C35A46C8-0933-429F-91F3-84F96ACE5538 (resized).jpegC35A46C8-0933-429F-91F3-84F96ACE5538 (resized).jpeg
#3650 4 years ago

You probably need to raise this ramp up. I had to adjust mine up a bit and it fixed it.[quoted image]

Awesome man thanks did u have to fix behind the multibzll thing can u see my other photo ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 16.00
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/73?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.