(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 81.
#3501 4 years ago

Cant wait for my LE

#3502 4 years ago

I’m ready for new code, at least to just fix the skill shot lights.

#3503 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Ha. The upper play-field is teaching me to pull before the nudge. Pull-Nudge, pull-nudge.
The winner of Stern's last tournament wore gloves. I couldn't see a need for it; Now I get it.

Plz, Elaborate... I don't get it.

#3504 4 years ago

LE #80 (year of the original BK) set up and playing great

573A81A0-8A10-453F-94D1-439CE1AB2DCC (resized).jpeg573A81A0-8A10-453F-94D1-439CE1AB2DCC (resized).jpeg
#3505 4 years ago

I want #69 it just seems appropriate for a Steve Ritchie classic

#3506 4 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I’m ready for new code, at least to just fix the skill shot lights.

Usually they will fix an obvious bug with a quick code release. Don't know what is up with the long wait. I always try for super but it confuses players on location as to why a feature on every pin since 198X is missing but then seems to get randomly awarded. Asked about it on the tilt forum and got a snarky answer from the man himself. The gist is: "I was running a tournament. You'll get your code update, peasant". Hope he's just saving up for one big release and not dwight 2.0. Tournament notwithstanding, not sure why they didnt just have some code jockey fix the bug and push .931 or whatever.

#3507 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Usually they will fix an obvious bug with a quick code release.

I don't know the "they" you refer to. XD

Stern usually doesn't release an update for a single fix if it's not frying boards/ bricking the machine or makes location play impossible (like bugged cost per play settings).

We allready had an update or two and the game is just out, so just give 'em a week or two... PEASENT!!!

#3508 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I would probably replace the sleeve. I had an issue with a new game where one of the factory flipper sleeves was kind of crappy and greatly impacted performance.

I will. Stern told me to make sure the sleeve was there (and not forgotten during assembly). The sleeve is there. Never thought to replace a brand new sleeve. Worth a shot though.

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

Stern techs at MGC were working on the right flipper of one of the prototype Premiums. Same thing... weak flipper. It was fine after a couple of repair sessions by Mike Vinokor and Steve Ritchie. It might be a known issue. Call Stern.

Wish I knew what they did to fix. Stern told me to check the flipper coil sleeve. I did, and it looked fine (it was 2 days old at that point). I may replace it anyway as suggested in this thread.

#3510 4 years ago

If people I didn’t know were constantly telling me how to do my job and issuing orders to me I’d probably be a little “snarky” too.

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Add a flipper rubber as dhown below to LE or premium . Greatly improves upper playfield and overall game play .[quoted image][quoted image]

This is kind of cheating. As designed you have to nudge the ball onto the flipper to keep it up top. With this, it would be almost automatic due to the bump.

#3512 4 years ago

I just got my "Project Pinball raffle prize today, I can't wait to set it up. Tickets still available for the premium model.

20190524_191928 (resized).jpg20190524_191928 (resized).jpg
#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If people I didn’t know were constantly telling me how to do my job and issuing orders to me I’d probably be a little “snarky” too.

I feel like that's a misrepresentation of the tone and intent of the question I asked to internet people.

#3514 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I feel like that's a misrepresentation of the tone and intent of the question I asked to internet people.

Link plz.

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I would probably replace the sleeve. I had an issue with a new game where one of the factory flipper sleeves was kind of crappy and greatly impacted performance.

You’re in Gilbert? I’m near Elliot and Recker.

The crappy sleeve you replaced, was it damaged?

#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Perhaps you are misrepresenting his tone and the intent of his response?

#3517 4 years ago

Fine point, fair enough.

#3518 4 years ago

I think we’re about due for a “Black Knight: Swords of Rage. worse code ever” thread.

#3519 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think we’re about due for a “Black Knight: Swords of Rage. worse code ever” thread.

Pfft. Black Knight is a design masterpiece compared to the dust and tumbleweeds code of Munsters ESPECIALLY when you realize they had to create ALL their music and video content from scratch, where Munsters uses a ton of clips and music cues/themes from the show. Munsters is a bad pin as it currently sits. Why drag that into Black Knight's thread?

#3520 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pfft. Black Knight is a design masterpiece compared to the dust and tumbleweeds code of Munsters ESPECIALLY when you realize they had to create ALL their music and video content from scratch, where Munsters uses a ton of clips and music cues/themes from the show. Munsters is a bad pin as it currently sits. Why drag that into Black Knight's thread?

Just making a point at how ridiculous this forum can be, but I think your post pretty much proved that for me.

#3521 4 years ago
Quoted from jmcadres:

You’re in Gilbert? I’m near Elliot and Recker.
The crappy sleeve you replaced, was it damaged?

The one that shipped in my #TNA was weird. It was about 5mm too short and rough on the inside. I just put a new one in there and everything seemed to work great. That said, I have recently noticed that flipper doesn’t have the same kind of power as the other one. Perhaps the coil is not working correctly and the sleeve wasn’t the issue.

#3522 4 years ago

Check voltage and coil resistance. 95% of the time it'll be mechanical though (or eos on older games). Sometimes just loosening the coil stop & tightening or reinstalling the flipper shaft with a proper gap will resolve it. Does it feel any different moving the flipper with your finger vs the other side?

#3523 4 years ago

The extra flipper rubber on the upper playfield is just ridiculous. It isn’t very hard to keep the ball alive up there by some nudging with the factory rubber setup. It isn’t supposed to be up there forever anyway.

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Check voltage and coil resistance. 95% of the time it'll be mechanical though (or eos on older games). Sometimes just loosening the coil stop & tightening or reinstalling the flipper shaft with a proper gap will resolve it. Does it feel any different moving the flipper with your finger vs the other side?

Good questions. The flipper shaft is definitely not moving. I tested it and it is pretty solid. The playfield/flipper gap seems adequate. What resistance should I expect on the flipper? The EOS thing is interesting too. Let me do some more testing.

#3525 4 years ago

Does moving the flipper bat with your hand from the top of the playfield feel the same on left and right? Same vertical play? Not sure about the exact resistance but just compare your left and right flipper coils. I wouldn't expect that to be the issue but weirder shit has happened I suppose.

#3526 4 years ago

Got to meet Steve in JJ's suite at the Denver event. There was a BKSORLE in the room which 4 of us played.

I asked SR how much his voice was modified for callouts in the game. He said a little bit.

Then he looked right at me and said "RUN HOME TO MOMMY MAGGOT!". If my eyes were closed I could have thought it was the game!

A moment I won't soon forget.

SR (resized).pngSR (resized).png
#3527 4 years ago

Hi all,

Few questions for the owners as i'm interested in a Premium soon,

How many multiball count the prem / LE ? Only 3 ? 3 knights, catapult and knight mode ?

For the vintage knight mode, its only based on the BK80 pinball or there is a bk2000 mode too ?

I play pro this morning, lot of fun but i'm afraid that the code is a bit "too simple" and this pin will be quickly boring in home use...

Thanks !

#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

Hi all,
How many multiball count the prem / LE ? Only 3 ? 3 knights, catapult and knight mode ?
For the vintage knight mode, its only based on the BK80 pinball or there is a bk2000 mode too ?
I play pro this morning, lot of fun but i'm afraid that the code is a bit "too simple" and this pin will be quickly boring in home use...
Thanks !

I have only played the pro. There is only the BK retro mode, no BK2K. Code is only at .93. There will be many updates to come. That said, you are correct that the game isn't super deep. Will it be? Only time will tell. It is super fun though!

#3529 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There is only the BK retro mode, no BK2K.

I think ur wrong sir.

#3530 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think ur wrong sir.

The retro mode is really a combination of both isn't it? The music from BK2K plus the sounds and backglass of BK on the LCD.

#3531 4 years ago

Currently right now the retro mode has the orginal BK sounds and music it also plays a bit of the BK2000 music but it's a different voice from the orginal.

#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The retro mode is really a combination of both isn't it? The music from BK2K plus the sounds and backglass of BK on the LCD.

that sounds right. I though it was all BK2K never really had alot of play on the og's. Its a very cool mode anyway.

#3533 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

that sounds right. I though it was all BK2K never really had alot of play on the og's. Its a very cool mode anyway.

What is retro mode? I guess I haven't gotten there yet hahaha

#3534 4 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Gotten there a few times but not really sure how. Its a multiball with old sounds and music from the OG BK and BK2K pretty great actually.

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

It's when you collect and spell KNIGHT you will light a multi ball on the far left spinner which is called retro mode.

#3536 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

It's when you collect and spell KNIGHT you will light a multi ball on the far left spinner which is called retro mode.

Correct. And you collect KNIGHT letters by doing well in each battle mode.

#3537 4 years ago

How/when/why do you start the power sword?

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

Correct. And you collect KNIGHT letters by doing well in each battle mode.

Yes you also get them from finishing WAR hurry ups as well. I'm not sure though on this one can you also get them from collecting a super jackpot in triple knights challenge.

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Yes you also get them from finishing WAR hurry ups as well. I'm not sure though on this one can you also get them from collecting a super jackpot in triple knights challenge.

You are correct. Also can get one from the super jackpot like you suggested.

#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How/when/why do you start the power sword?

All made shots on the game increase the power to your sword. Once it is fully charged, the center target in front of the knight will have the power insert lit. Hit it during a battle mode will help make the mode significantly easier to complete. Like in Sandworm, the shots won't be moving. In Magmabeast, a hit shot will stay lit instead of going out, allowing you to keep hitting the ramp or other shot you feel the most comfortable with. In Hell Hand, more shots are lit, not just the single one, and etc for all of the modes.

#3541 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

Hi all,

Thanks !

I went in expecting to like the Pro more because I didn't like the WPT plastic upper playfield, but after a short while it was clear that the Premium was better. I still think both are too basic as they stand, but I would recommend a Premium over a Pro all day long for someone that wants to gamble on an unfinished game. If I were handing out advice, I'd say get a more finished Stern now (Deadpool Premium has become amazing recently) and circle back to Black Knight in a year and see where it's at.

#3542 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd say get a more finished Stern now

Seems pretty complete to me, Whats missing exactly? As of now might be my favortie Stern. The Pro is the way to go if you dislike upper PF's so I disagree the Pre is better. Love this game.

#3543 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Seems pretty complete to me, Whats missing exactly? As of now might be my favortie Stern. The Pro is the way to go if you dislike upper PF's so I disagree the Pre is better. Love this game.

Just seems very...basic, especially the Pro. So much of the playfield is wasted with those long shot lanes that eat up 2/3 of the playfield with dead space. The reason I liked the Premium more is I found the challenge of nudging to keep the ball alive up top really fun, and enjoyed the catapult lock in spite of my hate of WPT plastic playfields. It just added a little je ne sais quoi to the game that made it more fun to play than the Pro for me.

#3544 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ust seems very...basic, especially the Pro.

It is very basic and thats part of what makes it great. Kinda like the SW's pro I just couldn't be happier then didn't make a loaded mess of crap and toys and figurines all over, but hey thats me.

#3545 4 years ago

mcbPalisade fun playing with you, here's your picture from my side.

I have known Steve for a few years, class act all the way. His passion for making great games is unmatched in my opinion. He will be the first to tell you, he is part of a much larger team that makes the games he designs awesome.

Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Got to meet Steve in JJ's suite at the Denver event. There was a BKSORLE in the room which 4 of us played.
I asked SR how much his voice was modified for callouts in the game. He said a little bit.
Then he looked right at me and said "RUN HOME TO MOMMY MAGGOT!". If my eyes were closed I could have thought it was the game!
A moment I won't soon forget.[quoted image]

20190525_171232 (resized).jpg20190525_171232 (resized).jpg
#3546 4 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

mcbPalisade fun playing with you, here's your picture from my side.
I have known Steve for a few years, class act all the way. His passion for making great games is unmatched in my opinion. He will be the first to tell you, he is part of a much larger team that makes the games he designs awesome.
[quoted image]

I met Steve last night at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Expo and attended his forum. Very engaging with his stories, not to mention blunt lol. No, he will never ever make a mountain bike related pin lol. Someone asked him what his favorite games are from other designers amd he mentioned quite a few games(Glad Metallica was his fave from Borg). As far Jpop, he didn't have one, which drew a chuckle from the crowd.. He then did state he liked Theater of Magic.

Anyway, BKSOR is an entertaining, great looking and sounding pin.

21792 (resized).jpeg21792 (resized).jpeg
#3547 4 years ago

Well once again for us down here in Oz, our distrib has managed to go from having the LE's in from this month to now July (with no estimated week). So my excitement level has diminished a bit in a similar vein to Deadpool's delayed arrival here. Amazing how you can actually have a machine sea freighted down here right on 4 weeks (like I just did last week) but our distrib can't seem to land them outside of 8 weeks . Now I can only hope they land the LE's before I take off for 2 weeks mid July or the distrib can sit on it, especially considering I originally had a premium on order and thoughtfully flagged this with them at the time due to it's original July eta.

#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

8 weeks . Now I can only hope they land the LE's before I take off for 2 weeks mid July or the distrib can sit on it,

6B414A50-595E-4C3A-83B2-C01B108819BC.jpeg6B414A50-595E-4C3A-83B2-C01B108819BC.jpegF9BEDFED-CD50-4DE6-8ECE-EC53AFD72B73.pngF9BEDFED-CD50-4DE6-8ECE-EC53AFD72B73.png
A847AAB6-6941-46F6-84B3-3DCAC4DACC06.jpegA847AAB6-6941-46F6-84B3-3DCAC4DACC06.jpeg

#3549 4 years ago
0AE735C0-38D9-468E-89C0-6A38989AB797.gif0AE735C0-38D9-468E-89C0-6A38989AB797.gif
#3550 4 years ago

ignore, this post was never here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/71?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.