(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 81.
#3451 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I've played the pro quite a bit on location, and am now dialed
in on hitting the magna-save (don't have any video however).
I kind of like the button location, as it makes you anticipate
more to use it. To be fair, I haven't played much of the previous
two BKs, but on SoR the magna-save bails me out at least one a
game. Even if it's not going to drain, getting a controlled shot
can be nice.

Same with me, I like the button location and successfully use it all the time now. Even saved two balls at once with it during multi ball, one over the magna save and the other was orbiting around it, looked pretty cool. Just like you I never used magna save much on the earlier black knight games for me mostly because I would always forget it was there. So personally I prefer the button where it is.

#3452 4 years ago

Looking mighty nice! #38 and ready for haunted madness at ye olde Bloodshed Deathbath Arcade...

bkLE_01.jpgbkLE_01.jpgbkLE_02.jpgbkLE_02.jpgbkLE_03.jpgbkLE_03.jpg
#3453 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The magna-save is one concern about the pin. During my play and
watching others play was not able to see a successful use of the
magna-save either it was not working correctly or we were unable to
activate in time.
Does anyone have any video of this feature in action?

Here's another one. Certainly my best use of the Magna Save in any game I've ever played of Black Knight: Sword of Rage because of how far gone the ball was and how many points I got after using it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/420863367?t=05h36m30s

#3454 4 years ago

Cointaker said my LE ships tomorrow!

#3455 4 years ago

thanks for the video links.

I really like BKSOR but would like to try the premium/LE and also like to see the next few games that will be released.

#3456 4 years ago

When is BKSoR topper supposed to be available? Sounds like it will be interactive and it could turn out extra cool (tho way short of Stern making a taunting black knight hologram). Will the toppers appear by Jun/Jul Pinball show schedule ??? Who has an update from the Stern topper line?

#3458 4 years ago

Wow. Looks like something needs adjusted

So how is the upper PF?

#3459 4 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Looking mighty nice! #38 and ready for haunted madness at ye
olde Bloodshed Deathbath Arcade...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats NightMutilator bad ASS!!!

#3460 4 years ago

I want my LE. Please post your LE # when you receive it.

#3461 4 years ago

is there anyone looking for a NIB LE black knight? I have a friend that took delivery of two and only needs one. pm me with your phone no. for info. cash and carry. pickup in the tri-county area of michigan preferred but shipping can be arranged

#3462 4 years ago

Yesterday was a great day. Monster Bash LE was delivered to the arcade and we also unboxed the Black Knight LE. Loving the music, callouts, etc. What a fantastic game, but I would not expect anything less, from his highness, Steve Ritchie. Can't wait for the topper. I don't understand how the pro has no upper Playfield. Seems like that would really anger the Black Knight and a bit sacrilegious.

Big 5  (resized).jpgBig 5 (resized).jpg
#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So how is the upper PF?

Empty.

#3464 4 years ago

If you're into Black Knight and heading to Golden State Pinball Festival this weekend, definitely check out the PAGG presale booth. They have a killer challenge coin featuring Black Knight.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-a-go-go-challenge-coin-exclusive#post-4998326

#3465 4 years ago
in regards to the upper Playfield . . .

I respectively disagree. I think the clear Playfield is really cool. With the potential for loops (ala No Fear) and the Catapult Ball Lock. Plus a great place to send balls during mutliball to extend time.

Loving the riffs and call outs. We got Monster Bash LE the same day and feeling the Black Knight much more!

I also just got the Knight mode. Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but the Easter eggs are amazing! What a rush.

P.S. LE #402

#3466 4 years ago

Is the extant of the upper playfield to be just that? A single loop shot and ball lock? any other standups, or shots to be made?

#3467 4 years ago

Also is the upper lock only a lock or does it open up to be used as a shot/ramp the lets the ball go thru it without it locking...

#3468 4 years ago

I think the only reason the upper pf is getting so much flak is purely aesthetic. If they had a nice model over top of the lock mech (helmet or castle or something with inner LEDs), people would be going nuts over it. I really do like this game and generally like Stern, but man, If they'd just throw Prem/LE owners a small bone here and there . . . .That one chunk of resin/plastic would have sold many more machines in my eyes.

#3469 4 years ago

Played the LE today at helicon brewing outside of Pittsburgh. At first I hated the upper playfield but as I played it I started to like it. You really need to use your nudging skills to keep the ball alive. I'm still debating whether to get a pro or premium but it's a fun game. I probably would have liked some drops or something else on the upper playfield but it's still an awesome game without.

#3470 4 years ago

I got many games in this weekend on a premium at the Golden State Pinball Festival. I had already played the pro on location many times. After experiencing them both, I was really happy I had ordered the Premium. I was having a good time with the catapult lock and managed to start catapult multi-ball once.

My only criticism was that the upper playfield was already showing wear. Inevitable since it's plastic, I think.

I hope someone offers playfield protectors for it. A thin, non-adhesive, clear plastic that can be easily swapped out when it's worn would be excellent.
IMG_20190517_174905 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_174905 (resized).jpg

#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I want my LE. Please post your LE # when you receive it.

#77 here!

BFED6F4F-F708-4FA8-9F9C-B0CC4B4AE812 (resized).jpegBFED6F4F-F708-4FA8-9F9C-B0CC4B4AE812 (resized).jpeg
#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from swilson143:

I got many games in this weekend on a premium at the Golden State Pinball Festival. I had already played the pro on location many times. After experiencing them both, I was really happy I had ordered the Premium. I was having a good time with the catapult lock and managed to start catapult multi-ball once.
My only criticism was that the upper playfield was already showing wear. Inevitable since it's plastic, I think.
I hope someone offers playfield protectors for it. A thin, non-adhesive, clear plastic that can be easily swapped out when it's worn would be excellent.
[quoted image]

Yep. 100% agree after playing both at the show. The Pro is dull. The Premium requires a fair amount of nudging to keep the ball up there, which is great. And loading up to get catapult multiball isn't really that hard. If we were getting this, it'd be Premium all the way.

As for the upper area, maybe try cutting some hobby cling to fit? It'd be great to just pull it off and throw it away when it starts to get cloudy.

#3473 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Pro is dull.

The Pro is anything but "dull" fastest pin alive sir. The upper PF takes away from that so for u old timers I guess dull means fast and furious.

#3474 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

#77 here![quoted image]

Cool I have 78 coming. Sadly it’s been taking a long trip I think someone forgot to take it off the truck the first time

#3475 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The Pro is anything but "dull" fastest pin alive sir. The upper PF takes away from that so for u old timers I guess dull means fast and furious.

Agree 100%.

#3476 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

he Pro is anything but "dull" fastest pin alive sir.

Agreed as well, I will trade the "barrenness" of the pro for the fast and furious gameplay.

#3477 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Meh. Depends on what you're looking for. On the Pro I just see 2/3 of the PF wasted with very long channels and little else. It's llke, "this is what a fan looks like, see?" Like I said, I was surprised how much nudging was involved to play the upper playfield and kind of liked it. So, Premium.

#3478 4 years ago

Played the LE for the first time yesterday for me personally wasn't my thing upper PF slowed the game down and it made the game play much longer as I kept sending it uptop. For my playstyle I really like the pro fast and furious with the ball constantly coming back at you.

#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Played the LE for the first time yesterday for me personally wasn't my thing upper PF slowed the game down and it made the game play much longer as I kept sending it uptop. For my playstyle I really like the pro fast and furious with the ball constantly coming back at you.

agree, I do like the drop on the left lane vs spinner, but sending THREE shots (including plunge) to the upper limits flow and time under utilizing rest of the pf IMO. Good game overall, preferred pro at GSPF.

#3480 4 years ago

I wish they put a Diverter in some only some shots went up . That said when in a mode that requires shots to the lower you can just let it go .

#3481 4 years ago

Well at least they made the pro without it so we all can get a model we like.

#3482 4 years ago
Quoted from swilson143:

[quoted image]

Agreed, I didn’t think that the upper PF would add much, but it’s really fun and mixes things up in an interesting way. I’ll be in the market for a Premium or LE.

Both versions are excellent, they did a great job with this one.

#3483 4 years ago

#2 in da hizzy...

2019-05-21 13.16.33.jpg2019-05-21 13.16.33.jpg2019-05-21 13.20.14.jpg2019-05-21 13.20.14.jpg2019-05-21 13.22.26.jpg2019-05-21 13.22.26.jpg2019-05-21 13.31.33.jpg2019-05-21 13.31.33.jpg2019-05-21 13.31.45.jpg2019-05-21 13.31.45.jpg
#3484 4 years ago

Put enough games in now to comment on game play. In short, this pin is basically the new Iron Man. If you enjoy a bad ass pin that fights back, hurls insults, has short ball times, rewards better players and has that "just one more game" factor than you will love this.

#3485 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Put enough games in now to comment on game play. In short, this pin is basically the new Iron Man. If you enjoy a bad ass pin that fights back, hurls insults, has short ball times, rewards better players and has that "just one more game" factor than you will love this.

Exactly what I said when we got ours. Iron Man is my favorite stern of all time. But now Black Knight is closing the gap. Love this game so much because it reminds me so much of Iron Man. But with better art and animations. Steve’s voice works cracks me up every time! Sweet game!

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

Exactly what I said when we got ours. Iron Man is my favorite stern of all time. But now Black Knight is closing the gap. Love this game so much because it reminds me so much of Iron Man. But with better art and animations. Steve’s voice works cracks me up every time! Sweet game!

Good to hear. My LE is arriving next week I can't wait.

#3487 4 years ago

Is this the first pin to have spotlights in the apron illuminating the flipper area? I noticed the premium I was playing at Golden State had them too

43f8dfa30c79998e91ed3fe00220ef9911640636 (resized).jpg43f8dfa30c79998e91ed3fe00220ef9911640636 (resized).jpg
#3488 4 years ago

no, from memory : AVATAR LE+TRON LE+X-MEN PREMIUM

#3489 4 years ago

And Metallica Premium/LE michel

#3490 4 years ago

And maiden

#3491 4 years ago

#39 reporting for duty!

Anyone else with an LE noticing a weak right lower flipper? Enough power to barely hit the ramps, but not even close to the power in the left flipper. Haven't found anyone else mentioning it anywhere......so I'm thinking it might just be my pin. Bummed.

3624DF38-74E2-4AF1-8D8D-247E7C41D82C (resized).JPG3624DF38-74E2-4AF1-8D8D-247E7C41D82C (resized).JPGIMG_9492 (resized).JPGIMG_9492 (resized).JPG196D7BB9-F328-478E-AE37-36FE5FC7AD72 (resized).JPG196D7BB9-F328-478E-AE37-36FE5FC7AD72 (resized).JPGIMG_9493 (resized).JPGIMG_9493 (resized).JPG
#3492 4 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

#2 in da hizzy...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Our anniversary date, but not with the Black Knight. Contratulations!

#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from jmcadres:

#39 reporting for duty!
Anyone else with an LE noticing a weak right lower flipper? Enough power to barely hit the ramps, but not even close to the power in the left flipper. Haven't found anyone else mentioning it anywhere......so I'm thinking it might just be my pin. Bummed.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check your flipper switch gaps, and make sure no parts are loose.

#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from jmcadres:

#39 reporting for duty!
Anyone else with an LE noticing a weak right lower flipper? Enough power to barely hit the ramps, but not even close to the power in the left flipper. Haven't found anyone else mentioning it anywhere......so I'm thinking it might just be my pin. Bummed.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would probably replace the sleeve. I had an issue with a new game where one of the factory flipper sleeves was kind of crappy and greatly impacted performance.

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from jmcadres:

#39 reporting for duty!

Ive had several flippers to tight against the playfield. They drag quite a bit

#3496 4 years ago

Once you power up the sword using the drops on the right side, how do you use it?

#3497 4 years ago

Add a flipper rubber as dhown below to LE or premium . Greatly improves upper playfield and overall game play .

51FD68FD-182F-4C40-B2BB-FBD250A197B9 (resized).jpeg51FD68FD-182F-4C40-B2BB-FBD250A197B9 (resized).jpeg85DB11C1-5AEC-43AE-8CF4-468C7C843676 (resized).jpeg85DB11C1-5AEC-43AE-8CF4-468C7C843676 (resized).jpeg
#3498 4 years ago
Quoted from jmcadres:

#39 reporting for duty!
Anyone else with an LE noticing a weak right lower flipper?

Stern techs at MGC were working on the right flipper of one of the prototype Premiums. Same thing... weak flipper. It was fine after a couple of repair sessions by Mike Vinokor and Steve Ritchie. It might be a known issue. Call Stern.

#3499 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Add a flipper rubber as dhown below to LE or premium . Greatly improves upper playfield and overall game play .[quoted image][quoted image]

Ha. The upper play-field is teaching me to pull before the nudge. Pull-Nudge, pull-nudge.

The winner of Stern's last tournament wore gloves. I couldn't see a need for it; Now I get it.

#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Ive had several flippers to tight against the playfield. They drag quite a bit

Also had this. Easy way to test - if you can't fit business card underneath, it's too tight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.