(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 81.
#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

so what you are saying is that you don't care but you do care?

I'd care about caring if it wasn't so much work to care, but for right now I'm just trying not to try to hard to care about caring, while still remaining optimistic that if I *were* to care, it would be good to care. Ya know?

#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Does anyone know what the extra item is for LE owners

What do you mean by this? Where did you hear it from?

#3403 4 years ago

Tutorial and gameplay on the latest code:

#3404 4 years ago

I was hoping they'd release a quick patch since they messed up the skill shot in 93. Does anyone else have a problem with the left gate closing too soon during a super skillshot? Does it like 1/10 times and awards a super if you get it through the correct one of the top lanes (which is not lit).

#3405 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I was hoping they'd release a quick patch since they messed up the skill shot in 93. Does anyone else have a problem with the left gate closing too soon during a super skillshot? Does it like 1/10 times and awards a super if you get it through the correct one of the top lanes (which is not lit).

Yes, I'm seeing the same issue re: top left gate not holding long enough to let the ball pass when attempting a super-skillshot.

I assumed it was buggy code given the pretty blatant screw up on the normal skill shot lighting.

#3406 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

An extra $2000 invoice..

Lol pretty much. Simps.

#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Tutorial and gameplay on the latest code:

Smooth as silk!

#3408 4 years ago

Just saw this on Facebook
Guess it is the first LE to Land

Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, located in Farmington Hills, Michigan

842E9596-6CF8-4676-8DA7-A4CD16E43DF5 (resized).jpeg842E9596-6CF8-4676-8DA7-A4CD16E43DF5 (resized).jpeg

#3409 4 years ago

Excited for my LE to arrive.

Idea for code update.

Another wizard mode after all of the power features reach a certain threshold, similar to Iron Maiden . And once a player reaches this wizard mode , plus the wizard mode of playing through all of the modes , then a Master Wizard mode to follow. Gives the game longer lastability with a similar rule set to Iron Maiden and battling the Beast. This takes the “too simple or basic rule” argument completely out of the equation. And if Tim would put another ultra wizard mode even on top of this for mastering the table, then the game can stay in a collection forever. Just like my Maiden. Got to the Beast just twice. Never beat him. I have zero chance of getting to Run to the Hills. I’ll never sell my Maiden .

I think BK has everything needed to become this. And I’m pretty sure these ideas are already in Tim’s wheelhouse.

Pumped to play this game at home.

#3410 4 years ago

IM = Iron Man

#3411 4 years ago

My bad. Will edit

#3412 4 years ago

Here is an idea for a cool mod.. maybe someone already thought of it??

Flipper button cabinet protectors that add a little button wired to the action button for a better magna-save experience. Feel free to use my idea anyone.

#3413 4 years ago

To respond to Steve's comments on pf angle, I crank the angle on most of my games as I enjoy maximum speed. I also adjust my slings to maximum sensitivity, so I'd say they even out the difficulty when angle is considered. I also use classic rubber, so trapping is still a challenge. Myself, I find my setups more difficult to play, the opposite to cheating.

#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Flipper button cabinet protectors that add a little button wired to the action button for a better magna-save experience. Feel free to use my idea anyone.

Great idea!

#3415 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

To respond to Steve's comments on pf angle, I crank the angle on most of my games as I enjoy maximum speed. I also adjust my slings to maximum sensitivity, so I'd say they even out the difficulty when angle is considered. I also use classic rubber, so trapping is still a challenge. Myself, I find my setups more difficult to play, the opposite to cheating.

Cheater

#3416 4 years ago

On the feature matrix it says LE gets a autographed collectable. Anyone know what that is?

#3417 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's not cheating. A game is always harder set up steeper. Anyone who disagrees can do a quick experiment, and see for themselves.

#3418 4 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

It's not cheating. A game is always harder set up steeper. Anyone who disagrees can do a quick experiment, and see for themselves.

I agree.

#3419 4 years ago

Steve also says you're imagining that Stern playfields are cratering now when they didn't 10 years or more ago. So, yeah, take what he says with a grain of salt or two.

#3421 4 years ago

I take everything steve says to heart. How dare you not take his word. Steve Ritchie is the Steve jobs of pinball.

#3422 4 years ago

I see LE's are shipping, any pics or video floating around yet?

#3423 4 years ago

I'm with you. I am trying to decide between a pro and a premium.

Quoted from Blacksun:

I see LE's are shipping, any pics or video floating around yet?

#3424 4 years ago

Not exactly true. Each game will play different and some are harder steeper, others certainly are not. Steeper gives you much less side motion and makes trapping and live catching substantially easier. These are 2 of the most important things to be able do on most modern games. Steeper setups on certain games can reduce the amount of side drains by a decent amount. Each title will be a little different so your blanket statement is not really true.

#3425 4 years ago

My LE arrived today. Sitting in the garage waiting for me to get home around 9. Not sure it’ll get setup tonight or tomorrow.

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I was thinking the same thing the first time I played it on location. Lol. It would be tight though to keep it on the outside of the protector so no modification would be needed to the cabinet.

#3427 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

My LE arrived today. Sitting in the garage waiting for me to get home around 9. Not sure it’ll get setup tonight or tomorrow.

Tonight, video and photos haha

#3428 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not exactly true. Each game will play different and some are harder steeper, others certainly are not. Steeper gives you much less side motion and makes trapping and live catching substantially easier. These are 2 of the most important things to be able do on most modern games. Steeper setups on certain games can reduce the amount of side drains by a decent amount. Each title will be a little different so your blanket statement is not really true.

Luckily for us, the modern Stern games have incredible accounting audits, including for outlane drains, ball times, etc. I will be posting the results of a real life experiment soon at my arcade where I will set the pitch to 6.5 degrees at my bar, and we will look at the changes in the data after a few weeks of play. I will start a thread about it soon.

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:Luckily for us, the modern Stern games have incredible accounting audits, including for outlane drains, ball times, etc. I will be posting the results of a real life experiment soon at my arcade where I will set the pitch to 6.5 degrees at my bar, and we will look at the changes in the data after a few weeks of play. I will start a thread about it soon.

Every game is different and each player is different. Depending on the players skillset they will perform better on one verses the other. 7 degrees is more of the gold standard then 6.5 anyway if you are going do a real test.

#3430 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

7 degrees is more of the gold standard then 6.5 anyway if you are going do a real test.

Huh? Based on what? 6.5 is what the games are designed for. Jack it up, I don't care, it's just pinball. But 7 isn't any kind of standard, it's just a little steeper for those who want it.

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:Every game is different and each player is different. Depending on the players skillset they will perform better on one verses the other.

I think that’s the beauty of using a machine on location as a test. We have players of all skill sets that will play the game. Should give us a nice data aggregate of different types of players. From total newbies to casual players to serious tournament players.

#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Huh? Based on what? 6.5 is what the games are designed for. Jack it up, I don't care, it's just pinball. But 7 isn't any kind of standard, it's just a little steeper for those who want it.

True for pinball design, but it seems to make both sides happy play wise as you don't lose all of the side to side motion but they don't play quite as floaty. Cranking the back legs all of the way up like a lot of people do puts most games over 7.5. In the end it's all just personal preference and people should set their games up however they like.

#3433 4 years ago

Only got to put a couple games on. Played perfect out of the box.

93B5E9AC-F57C-42CC-9781-3FA0F82AD32C (resized).jpeg93B5E9AC-F57C-42CC-9781-3FA0F82AD32C (resized).jpeg
#3434 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Only got to put a couple games on. Played perfect out of the
box.[quoted image]

Whats the extra LE goodie? Pretty lame theres no speaker light

#3435 4 years ago

Got to play the pro on location. Was super loud room with music playing overhead which sucks so was hardly able to hear anything. I liked the gameplay a lot, while it doesn’t have two ramps (which I would have preferred) it play was very fun.

What makes the pro a great option for me is the full color inserts and he back wall fire effect.

Someone I was playing with got to retro mode which was cool. I
didn’t get far and was usually in the low few million
points.

58EFB4AB-5599-4978-B11B-808DFF7BECDB (resized).jpeg58EFB4AB-5599-4978-B11B-808DFF7BECDB (resized).jpeg

#3436 4 years ago

Whats the extra LE goodie? Pretty lame theres no speaker
light

Not sure. There's supposed to be something extra?
I'll check the goodie bag later.
I was surprised about the lack of speaker lights too.

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Deadpool had them. They are cheap but a nice touch. On the feature matrix it says a collectable or something. Mirror backglass is 90% why i went Le

#3438 4 years ago

Deadpool had them. They are cheap but a nice touch. On the
feature matrix it says a collectable or something. Mirror
backglass
is 90% why i went Le

The mirror blackglass is really nice plus the shaker and the
glass make made me go for the LE. The side art is nice too.

Maybe the collectable is an extra feather!

#3439 4 years ago

I think the game is the collectible ? If you really read it .. it is signed and collectible
. Marketing .

#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I think the game is the collectible ? If you really read it ..
it is signed and collectible
. Marketing .

Pulled a little sneaky on us

#3441 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Only got to put a couple games on. Played perfect out of the
box.[quoted image]

How do you like upper playfield ?

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How do you like upper playfield ?

I played the premium and i loved it. More fun than the video shows. still needs some code but the lock is super satifying

#3443 4 years ago

heading over to my distro in a minute to go get the LE. I'll post pics for surely!

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yes. We are making these as we speak!

#3445 4 years ago

Oh boy!

21B2E3F8-1BF9-4B7D-96F0-3C322EC19BD4.jpeg21B2E3F8-1BF9-4B7D-96F0-3C322EC19BD4.jpeg
#3446 4 years ago

The magna-save is one concern about the pin. During my play and watching others play was not able to see a successful use of the magna-save either it was not working correctly or we were unable to activate in time.

Does anyone have any video of this feature in action?

#3447 4 years ago

Whats the extra LE goodie? Pretty lame theres no speaker
light

Quoted from DylanFan71:

With SPIKE 2, Stern has always been hit or miss with their LE
speaker light attempts and even having the larger speaker size on
the LEs is sporadic. I do have a theory with The Munsters and Black
Knight:SoR not having the lit speaker rings from the factory. Maybe
they are avoiding that with the white coned Kenwood speakers. Those
white cones already show light through them (if you want them to or
not). Just the translite LEDs on the board cause the top area of
the white cones to glow. I'm guessing if Stern added the 4 lights
to each speaker, like they did on Batman SLE and Deadpool LE it
would light the cones up even more (and not just the rings as
intended)....and possibly not in a good way. I did a little
tinkering with backlighting on those Kenwood speakers and though
they were very easy to get lit up....the frame of the speakers cast
quite a nasty and uneven looking shadow on the cones when viewing
them from the front side. To light the back of the cones well I
believe the lights would have to be placed between the back of the
cone and the speakers own mounting frame (that holds the magnet).
Basically the light would have to be INSIDE the speaker to light
the cones evenly. I don't think Stern is willing to go to that
effort and cost to redesign their speaker / ring lighting
system.

I may be completely wrong on my thoughts about the white cones
deterring them...I mean Iron Maiden did have the larger speakers
with the rings that were not lit and it had the darker coned
speakers. So maybe it is just a bill of materials cut to save a few
bucks on the 4 lights for each speaker and the brackets that hold
them in place on certain games.

I would be interested to see what a Deadpool LE and it's factory
LE lighting would look like with one of those white coned Kenwood
speakers in it. I'm guessing it would look fairly jank (with the
white cones being unevenly lit with its own frame casting shadows
on them).

Doug - The guy that thinks about speaker lighting way too much,
from www.SpeakerLightKits.com

PS: Both of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit types (Standard and
Deluxe) will work fine in BK:SoR LE.

#3448 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The magna-save is one concern about the pin. During my play and
watching others play was not able to see a successful use of the
magna-save either it was not working correctly or we were unable to
activate in time.

I've played the pro quite a bit on location, and am now dialed in on hitting the magna-save (don't have any video however).

I kind of like the button location, as it makes you anticipate more to use it. To be fair, I haven't played much of the previous two BKs, but on SoR the magna-save bails me out at least one a game. Even if it's not going to drain, getting a controlled shot can be nice.

#3449 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The magna-save is one concern about the pin. During my play and
watching others play was not able to see a successful use of the
magna-save either it was not working correctly or we were unable to
activate in time.

Here's one at this timestamp:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Wanted
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/69?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.