(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 81.
#3301 4 years ago

#3302 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A little late but whatever!
Babysitting this for a few weeks before NYCPC.
It will not fit in the door. Better unbox it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ummm think you are trucking from wrong side

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

BKsor kinda reminds me of TNA. Bottom portions of the playfields are brutal. TNA grid is 3 hard shots like the Knight Toy. Ball lock for Multiball just to the right for both pins. One wicked fast orbit for each game. The reactor is kinda like the upper playfield.

I have yet to play it but thought the exact same thing.

#3304 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I only played 15 to 20 games but half of those games had at least one ball hop over the lanes for a cheap drain. I wonder if bksor will get the extender treatment like Ghostbusters did? How are you guys finding it in a home environment?

That happened to me several times too in the few games I had played.
Turned the slingshot power down to 18 from 28 and slings still were pounding!
The outlanes already have a high wire bar ( higher than ghostbusters) so not sure much more can be done but I'd like to set the sling power down.

What are these "flailing" settings I see? There are several with options to change that setting.

#3305 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

That happened to me several times too in the few games I had played.
Turned the slingshot power down to 18 from 28 and slings still were pounding!
The outlanes already have a high wire bar ( higher than ghostbusters) so not sure much more can be done but I'd like to set the sling power down.
What are these "flailing" settings I see? There are several with options to change that setting.

Don't have the pin yet (ordered a premium) but given the name I'd think it's related tk the knight's toy flail?

#3306 4 years ago

All this bitching about quality my first NIB game was absolutely flawless
Out of the box.

Well the center standup could be a little more sensitive. Might take me 3 minutes to adjust.

DAMN YOU STERN!!!
7AEA1EA3-515F-4C5F-A645-92309E753AE9 (resized).jpeg7AEA1EA3-515F-4C5F-A645-92309E753AE9 (resized).jpeg

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All this bitching about quality my first NIB game was absolutely flawless
Out of the box.
Well the center standup could be a little more sensitive. Might take me 3 minutes to adjust.
DAMN YOU STERN!!!
[quoted image]

Better run out and buy a lottery ticket then!

#3308 4 years ago

New code:

PRO V0.93 - May 2, 2019
==========================
Fixed:
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused balls to become trapped behind the
shield on weak shots.
- Fixed an issue that could cause top lanes to appear lit for skill shot
when they shouldn't have been.
- Removed top and bottom lanes from award light shows.
- Fixed an issue that prevented 2.5m from being scored as a possible award
and sometimes skipping mystery as a result.
- Fixed an issue where Mystery would show Light Super and Start a super
feature.
- Fixed an issue where multiple flail impact sounds could play.
- Fixed an issue which caused the shield diverter duty-cycle to
expire when it shouldn't have.
- Fixed an issue where some display effects would stop on the tilt display
effect.

Tweaked:
- Boosted the amount of sword power earned from drop target hits, bank
completions, and center shot hits.
- Added multiple scoreboxes to each Skeleton during a Pop Bumper session.
- Modified Wicked Cavern mode so it will never have only 1 shot lit on the
center target.
- Change the Ball 1 Locked and Ball 2 Locked videos so that they show as
full screen display effects.
- Modified the presentation order of effects on the Shield VUK. Mode Start
will always be the last display effect shown.
- Updated the light show for End of Ball Bonus.
- Added the Flame Panel to attract light show.
- Revised attract light show to make them more smooth.
- Default number of modes for extra ball updated to 2.
- Modified spinner display effect to use full-length scores instead of abbreviated.
- Speech, FX, and Music volumes and tweaks.
- Score balancing.
- Tweaked the order of some speech calls.
- Default lower flipper power set to Hard.
- Verified consistency in fonts to display scores.

New:
- Added additional high score entries.
- Combo Champion
- KNIGHT Champion
- Black Castle Champion
- WAR Champion
- Bonus Champion
- Triple Knight's Challenge Champion
- Molten Fire Champion
- Deep Freeze Champion
- Mud Bog Champion
- Wicked Cavern Champion
- Burning Sands Champion
- Super Champion
- Added sounds to sound test.
- Updated the UI to show the following information:
- Lightning Effect while POWER modifier is active during a mode.
- Pulsing background glow to running super feature icons.
- Values for Super Orbits, Super Lanes, Super Slings, and Super Targets.
- Super Feature Collect Jackpot value.
- Add game adjustment for Shield Diverter power.
- Add game adjustment for Trough power.
- Added 5 difficulty settings for KNIGHT letters. Install competition defaults to
Extra Hard (0 Letters spotted)
- Updates to Flail Motor:
- Enabled STALL TIMEOUT mechanism.
- Motor can detect stalls caused by a stuck ball.
- Enhanced flail motor opto detection/compensation
- Added start effects for Black Knight Original Multiball.
- Added light effect for Combos on the orbit shots.
- Added additional Black Knight Taunts throughout the game.
- Competition mode now makes the order of mystery effects deterministic.
- Added display effects for Magna Save Available and Ball Save Lit.

Moved to System 2.27:
Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.40.0

Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.

Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.

Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.

Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

#3309 4 years ago

I’m just really hoping the upper playfield will do more than a ball lock. I feel like Tim could code some cool ramp -> upper loop -> lock combos for modes. There are no inserts on the upper playfield, but I’m sure the software team will get creative.

#3310 4 years ago

When do these LE's get on the production line? Any idea on ship dates?

#3311 4 years ago

The more I play this title the more I like it! When I initially saw the pro layout I thought I'd get bored quick.. that hasn't been the case. This game keeps you on your toes and delivers! The new code rocks also! So glad they came out with this as Munsters was not my style..

#3312 4 years ago

LE’s seem to be taking longer than normal.....wonder why

#3313 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

When do these LE's get on the production line? Any idea on ship dates?

I was told they went on the line this week...

#3314 4 years ago

LE’s are currently on the line. Just checked Stern’s story on Facebook

#3315 4 years ago

Does anyone know of a place this pin is on location in South central PA???

#3316 4 years ago

Played a Pro and a Premium at VFW today. Hate to say it but the Pro is the way to go on this one. Kills me to say it - BK needs an upper level - but all the upper does is slow the game down for a so-so ball lock.

#3317 4 years ago

Played the pro and really liked the game. I still want to try a premium before I buy anything but the whole package just worked. I couldn't hear the sound much but first impressions are really good.

#3318 4 years ago

Played the Pro at Allentown yesterday. Two games does not a review make but I thoroughly enjoyed this pin. It’s hard to envision a BK without an upper PF but the Pro was a lot of fun and fairly brutal, which is not unusual for a Ritchie game.

#3319 4 years ago

We played 10-12 games on several PROs at Pinfest yesterday. The first few games we were not loving the brutal drains, but once we got our shots down the game started clicking. My friend battled the Black Knight the one game so the software still has a way to go to make the game deeper for home use. The animations are of the same style so it works well. The lighting is really great with lots of crescendos pumping it up. The left outer loop is a bit non-ritchie as it ends in an upkicker, but we finally got used to the shot after game 6 or 7 and looked for the flow on the inner loops.

The black knight toy is really well built and interesting. His glowing eyes and meticulous detail, wow. The right standup (lock) near the shield is the hardest shot on the game. We bricked that shot about 100 times, damn. Building the sword power was fun, but I think there should be more to it than just adding greater points when you have a fully charged sword. The multiballs were fun and some of the animations like the skill shots were funny!

Overall at the end of the day we both liked the game and want to play it more. Not sure I would want to own it yet, but its a nice game and well done. Looking forward to a few more software updates and to play the premium someday.

#3320 4 years ago

I finally got to play this at Pinfest yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Fast game...I love fast games. I can only imagine how much more awesome it would be to hear the sounds. I look forward to giving it another go today.

#3321 4 years ago

My son and I played this today at pinfest and loved it. Does anyone have any video of the 2nd level playfield in action? The trailer from Stern doesnt show much.

#3322 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

My friend battled the Black Knight the one game so the software still has a way to go to make the game deeper for home use

What? Are you sure? Or do you mean that you got to "K-N-I-G-H-T" classic mode multiball? Not the same thing. I would be very surprised to learn that your friend is a low-key pinball god! We have had that game on location for a few weeks now, with many top 200 players in town playing it every day who still haven't got to the final Black Castle wizard mode. Only one confirmed wizard mode in over 2100 plays so far.

#3323 4 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

What? Are you sure? Or do you mean that you got to "K-N-I-G-H-T" classic mode multiball? Not the same thing. I would be very surprised to learn that your friend is a low-key pinball god! We have had that game on location for a few weeks now, with many top 200 players in town playing it every day who still haven't got to the final Black Castle wizard mode. Only one confirmed wizard mode in over 2100 plays so far.

2100 plays! Your location rules. I wish we pulled that kind of traffic.

#3324 4 years ago

Just got the email today for final payment on my LE. Games on the line and hopefully just a few weeks out now.

#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

LE’s seem to be taking longer than normal.....wonder why

Well, sometimes anti-depression medication can do that.

#3326 4 years ago

Played this weekend and its not a bad game but nothing special/unique eaither. Just not much there on the pro and it wld get stale in home use for me. Maybe the premium /le will be better bc of a few more shots but ill be passing on this one but I'll be happy to play on location.

#3327 4 years ago

Played a pro yesterday. Ive been a big advocate for the game since it launched. It is fast and fun. Definitely keeps you coming back for more. Animations are the best original animations ive seen, levels above iron maiden. Music will make feel like youre on cocaine.
Its hard to tell in pictures but it is very flat (pro model) the center ramp doesnt elevate much at all, which is not an issue but it caught me off guard. Also didnt know the BK had a cape on, the center figure is amazing looking and a blast to interact with. Only issue I see is airballs. The slings will cause airballs and the small circle rubbers in between the orbit lanes cause airballs. May have been the machine I was playing but probably a common issue.
I am more excited now than ever to get my LE. Bad ass game.

#3328 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

2100 plays! Your location rules. I wish we pulled that kind of traffic.

Portland is a pinball mecca. Although, it also has a lot to do with this game particularly. Earns WAY more than the last few Sterns, including Iron Maiden Premium.

#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I’m just really hoping the upper playfield will do more than a ball lock. I feel like Tim could code some cool ramp -> upper loop -> lock combos for modes. There are no inserts on the upper playfield, but I’m sure the software team will get creative.

I'm sure the software team is going to get to that..... Right after Ghostbusters

#3330 4 years ago

Portland is a pinball mecca. Although, it also has a lot to do with this game particularly. Earns WAY more than the last few Sterns, including Iron Maiden Premium.

This one definitely has that "one more game" appeal, especially for players of a higher skill set. It looks so simple, but it will kick your ass, and that's what I've really been enjoying about it. I like the rules of the modes, and getting to the "classic" multiball is really fun. In the last two weeks I've probably put 100 plays on a pro that is on location here. I was pretty skeptical about this game after the first few plays, and I doubt I'll be buying one any time soon, but I'm having a blast dumping coins in it for the time being.

#3331 4 years ago

Sounds like the retro mode has the BK2K music added with the code update. Very nice

I think Tim is going to turn this into a gem with time. His passion is undeniable

#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

I think Tim is going to turn this into a gem with time.

It's already a gem in my opinion. I can't wait to see a little more polish, but the game just kicks so much ass!

Quoted from beergut666:

This one definitely has that "one more game" appeal

Definitely, it's a throwback in more than just theme. Back to when pinball was at its best in my opinion. Shots feel great, can hit any shot from either flipper, great sound, art, animations, and a simple and transparent rule set that is easy to understand, and HARD AF to beat. Bravo Stern, I LOVE IT

#3333 4 years ago

Played the pro. It's so flat. C'mon Stern...Make some use of all that space in the back. At least have a ramp that goes more than an inch off the playfield. It really makes games look cheap and is an instant turnoff.

#3334 4 years ago

played pro @ Allentown - fun game!

#3335 4 years ago

Played the pro at Pinfest. I did not really find this game to be as brutal as everyone was making it out to be. I didn't drain off the center target at all after several hits. I had a decent length game the first go-round. I enjoyed it, but didn't feel I needed to run out and buy one. This is actually a good sign for me though, as I hated Iron Maiden and GOTG when I played them at first, but both really grew on me over time.

#3336 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Played the pro. It's so flat. C'mon Stern...Make some use of all that space in the back. At least have a ramp that goes more than an inch off the playfield.

To each their own. I really like that ramp, feels good to hit from either flipper. Not difficult to hit but is very smooth and satisfying to do so. In fact all shots are easily hit from either flipper.

#3337 4 years ago

I mean it's flat as shit there's no doubt there, but that isn't a bad thing. Def punishes you for flailing away which I can see people not liking.
I feel like another ramp could help it though.

#3338 4 years ago

Played a pro this weekend. Solid game, but nothing amazing.

The light show was the most impressive aspect. The graphics on the LCD looked great compared to some other adjacent Sterns, but that's more for the spectators. The magnasave felt like whatever. It's hard to use it to actually save something, but it's good for grabbing the ball, especially during multiball, to give you a second to breath. The shots are smooth and didn't feel overly punishing (I was surprised at the post that makes the rejected flail shots not as punishing as it could be). The code was straightforward enough to quickly figure out. It doesn't seem like a deep game, but the challenge offsets that. Hopefully they can add a little more variety to the modes. Seems like all the big points are in getting to Retro mode with a good super scoring feature active.

I'd give it a B-

Good luck to Stern selling 600 LEs

#3339 4 years ago

Got mine up and running today at Center of the Universe brewing company in Ashland, VA. Playfield protector install was easy other than the ramp being a PITA. After many plays at Allentown and here I think this is going to be an awesome tournament game. It's mean, but it makes it all the better when you blow it up. Fast and mean but I agree with the guy above who said it's not as bad as you'd think when you read what people are saying on here.

FYI... stern no longer includes DBA harnesses but is sending me one for free, no charge. Good support, real human on the phone in about 30 seconds.

#3340 4 years ago

What is it with people saying it is flat? How does that affect anything in regards to playing this pin.

#3341 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What is it with people saying it is flat? How does that affect anything in regards to playing this pin.

If it's flat, so you can't see it as well, because most people get short sighted growing old?

Just in case someione thinks I'm serious:

#3342 4 years ago

I've gotten to Black Castle a few times now, in fact I did it in the finals of our launch party last night. We had an epic finals. Little back story, Black Knight has been on route for about a month now at the location. Grand Champion score on it was 330 million on factory settings. We had unlimited qualifying for 5 hours during the event, factory settings but EBs turned off. Top score for qualifying was 320 million. Finals comes down to four top players. For 4 players, it took us 1 hour and 10 minutes to play just one game in the finals on Black Knight. A few monster scores, incredible balls, great comebacks from multiple players and the Black Castle Wizard Mode all happened during that round. If you are interested, you should check out the finals in the recorded Twitch stream from last night, it is a great watch. It shows a lot of the game, some great strategy and really focused playing. Finals round starts at about the 5 hour and 30 minute mark in the stream. The first big ball starts at the 5 hour and 34 minute mark and then it gets crazy from there.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/420863367

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

We had an epic finals.

Don't leave us hanging, what was the top score for finals?

#3344 4 years ago

Played it at the vfw this weekend. Thought it was one of the better games lately, Stern is going to sell a shit ton.

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've gotten to Black Castle a few times now, in fact I did it in the finals of our launch party last night.

Man who ever leveled that game was being real nice, mine is way faster than that. R those back legs on the bottom of the leveler?

#3346 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man who ever leveled that game was being real nice, mine is way faster than that. R those back legs on the bottom of the leveler?

Yeah, it makes you wonder because our Grand champ is at 325 mil (the one confirmed wizard mode) and the 1st place score is 165 mil (pretty huge difference) with the rest of the scores in the 140 mil range. Ours must be set up much harder than that one. And ours HAS the extra ball. But kudos to y'all, those are BIG time scores.

#3347 4 years ago

Rain+pot+nerds+....

#3348 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've gotten to Black Castle a few times now, in fact I did it in the finals of our launch party last night. We had an epic finals. Little back story, Black Knight has been on route for about a month now at the location. Grand Champion score on it was 330 million on factory settings. We had unlimited qualifying for 5 hours during the event, factory settings but EBs turned off. Top score for qualifying was 320 million. Finals comes down to four top players. For 4 players, it took us 1 hour and 10 minutes to play just one game in the finals on Black Knight. A few monster scores, incredible balls, great comebacks from multiple players and the Black Castle Wizard Mode all happened during that round. If you are interested, you should check out the finals in the recorded Twitch stream from last night, it is a great watch. It shows a lot of the game, some great strategy and really focused playing. Finals round starts at about the 5 hour and 30 minute mark in the stream. The first big ball starts at the 5 hour and 34 minute mark and then it gets crazy from there.
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/420863367

Thanks for posting.

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't leave us hanging, what was the top score for finals?

567 million

Quoted from Hazoff:

The game is fast, but you can significantly slow it down by trapping up and not playing on the fly, back handing shots and avoiding the sucker shots like the Black Knight center target and the fail when it is above green or yellow.

Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks for posting.

You're welcome. These are the types of matches where it's so much fun to be a part of I don't even mind if I happen to lose when players are having games like that.

#3350 4 years ago

Duplicate Post

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/67?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.