(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 81.
#3201 4 years ago

The placement is a bit odd. Assuming it was done since they can reuse parts...not the best reason.

That said, I’ve been going a little safe and hitting it to not just save (which is hard) but rather to just grab control of the ball since it’s such a fast PF. Can keep recharging the magna too so I don’t see it as a waste.

#3202 4 years ago

Hit that button! Save that ball!
Do it now!
Hit that button! Look at the ball zip!
Bbzzztttttttttt hear that magnent try to stop that ball
Whoosh bing! Wow that ball stopped
You hit that button! You saved that ball!
You are a heroic pinball wizard
Hit that button! Save that ball!
Bzzzzttttttt zip whoosh boinggggggg that ball zipped and stopped!

#3203 4 years ago

Can we talk strategy?

Right now I feel like I'm just shooting for lit shots and my score (60MM so far) is based solely on ball time. Where are the points in this game? I'm unclear how the charging of the sword works and when and how to deploy it but I believe it acts as a playfield multiplier. Has anyone counted out the shots to see how many it takes to compete the modes?

What's your go-to method for this game?

#3204 4 years ago
Quoted from coop:

Can we talk strategy?
Right now I feel like I'm just shooting for lit shots and my score (60MM so far) is based solely on ball time. Where are the points in this game? I'm unclear how the charging of the sword works and when and how to deploy it but I believe it acts as a playfield multiplier. Has anyone counted out the shots to see how many it takes to compete the modes?
What's your go-to method for this game?

I’m definitely no authority on big points, with GC in the high 70M... but my go to routine has been to get MB over going for all modes. I can hit the lock shot every time, more than I can say for the left orbit, so it works for me. Sword is a complete mystery to me as well, outside of how it charges. Bonus X has been as high as 5 but rarely get huge numbers there.

Open to hearing someone’s strategy that’s much better than I am.

#3205 4 years ago

I got to play a pro on location today and put up 89M on my 1st game for high score #2. I found the game to be pretty fast and fun. I definitely want to play the game more.

#3206 4 years ago

Played today, and focused on a few areas.

First, I had to wait, so I watched others play. The intensity of play was like watching the first few weeks of Iron Maiden.
As I ate my Burger, I listened to the sound track, and its heart pumping, suck you into the game is one of Sterns Best.

When I got my 10 games in, I felt like a long lost game has come back to taunt me.
With No Movie/TV/Theme tie in, the animations, and game play is refreshing, and new, rather than Nostalgia of old TV, or Music.

The shots were smooth.....really smooth, and the action of the Mace is a brilliant challenge!
The shield Lock a nice touch.

Its a Turbo charged version, of one of the best themes!

The Negative, needs some sweet metal Caps, or metal/plastic.....Zid, you reading?

A super game, in so many ways.....Ill be keeping my eye out....

(Thanks, Kurt and Ed, at the Pinball Lounge, Ovido Florida..Shameless Plug)

#3207 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I don't even like the fact that they put two set of flipper buttons on Munsters Premium. I didn't even realize at first I had to use the other flipper buttons once the lower playfield started. Can't they just figure that out in code, like Family Guy, when it goes to the mini playfield?

That's one of the best features of Munsters. When you get multiball on the upper and lower playfields, simultaneously, you are supposed to play each ball on its own merits as it comes towards one of four flippers. It's hard to get your head around this (playing four not two flippers, on four not two buttons) but it can be done with enough practice.

So there is nothing to "figure out" in the code. The code is brilliant and well integrated. A few things could be improved but it's only at 0.99!

I don't know of any other pinball machine that gives the player that kind of challenge and the opportunity to increase their skill levels by training their brain to be playing four separately controlled flippers. It's a little like playing the drums, and eventually reaching a stage where you have four limbs playing a different beat to each other, yet in sync with the music. Not easy to do. But it can be done!

#3208 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

How many of the 600 LE’s do you think Stern will sell? I am amazed they decided on 600.

145 will sell.

#3209 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Well they could have labeled the button on the side with a COOL MagnaSave decal as well. Anyone should be able to figure that out if they can read.
I don't even like the fact that they put two set of flipper buttons on Munsters Premium. I didn't even realize at first I had to use the other flipper buttons once the lower playfield started. Can't they just figure that out in code, like Family Guy, when it goes to the mini playfield?
I played 3-4 games on BKSOR the other day and I'm so used to hitting that top button on ST:PRO, GOTG and other Stern recent pins, I'll hit it just because it's blinking thinking I got a bonus coming.. LOL

If newbies cant find the start button i really dont see them making magna saves no matter where the button is , kind of doubt this is the reason but who knows.

#3210 4 years ago

Error post

#3211 4 years ago

A little bit from both sides for me....but the Animations a HUGE step up IMO. That shit was terrifying.

#3212 4 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

That's one of the best features of Munsters. When you get multiball on the upper and lower playfields, simultaneously, you are supposed to play each ball on its own merits as it comes towards one of four flippers. It's hard to get your head around this (playing four not two flippers, on four not two buttons) but it can be done with enough practice.
So there is nothing to "figure out" in the code. The code is brilliant and well integrated. A few things could be improved but it's only at 0.99!
I don't know of any other pinball machine that gives the player that kind of challenge and the opportunity to increase their skill levels by training their brain to be playing four separately controlled flippers. It's a little like playing the drums, and eventually reaching a stage where you have four limbs playing a different beat to each other, yet in sync with the music. Not easy to do. But it can be done!

Thanks to take the time to explain this. I had no idea that you could have upper and below playfield multiballs going on at the same time.
You are right. If one can master four buttons without just flailing on them that will be quite the achievement.
(I am finally getting the hang of playing Inverted Straight Jacket mode in Houdini). Great Mode...

I played a Munsters Premium today at Little Shop Of Games (Great Place) and didn't even break a million on one of my games.
So it will be neat to see it happen as the code develops on this pin...

#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Well actually Stern did figure it out. If the extra buttons were not installed, playing multiball on the upper and lower playfield at the same time would be pointless, with only one set of flipper buttons.

Two sets of flipper buttons is a big feature on the Munsters, in order to allow upper/lower independent multiball at the same time. Never been done before and is quite a rush to play and get use to accomplishing all at the same time. Now if we only had four eyes. Lol

(I see now where someone else explained this too!)

#3214 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Thanks to take the time to explain this. I had no idea that you could have upper and below playfield multiballs going on at the same time.
You are right. If one can master four buttons without just flailing on them that will be quite the achievement.
(I am finally getting the hang of playing Inverted Straight Jacket mode in Houdini). Great Mode...
I played a Munsters Premium today at Little Shop Of Games (Great Place) and didn't even break a million on one of my games.
So it will be neat to see it happen as the code develops on this pin...

No worries.

Yes, Munsters can be long playing, but often gives you short, sub million point games. Keep practicing! That's the fun of this hobby.

#3215 4 years ago

145 have already been sold.

How many will sell by 30 June?

#3216 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Given the opportunities for mods, I'm surprised that I haven't read about some ideas so far. Surely, the modsters have been in their secret lairs for weeks now.

We have flipper toppers in the pipeline already cast metal ornamental finishes that we are known for.
Pops we have two designs unsure which to go with.
What do you think? Maybe a nod to the old school or dress up the treasure room under world?

Army of the dead now that would be a great space filler if done right.

Our Pro showed up early and the Le should be here early June.
Super fast pro just needs window dressing to complement game play.

Wonder how many pros have sold?

#3217 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

We have flipper toppers in the pipeline already cast metal ornamental finishes that we are known for.
Pops we have two designs unsure which to go with.
What do you think? Maybe a nod to the old school or dress up the treasure room under world?
Army of the dead now that would be a great space filler if done right.
Our Pro showed up early and the Le should be here early June.
Super fast pro just needs window dressing to complement game play.
Wonder how many pros have sold?

I'm still waiting for my Pro to arrive, so I figure there must have been a lot of people with orders in front of mine. I keep reading about how naked the upper playfield is on the Pro, so maybe there's room for something up there, maybe a medieval structure or something, providing that it doesn't block view of the ball movement too much.

#3218 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm still waiting for my Pro to arrive, so I figure there must have been a lot of people with orders in front of mine. I keep reading about how naked the upper playfield is on the Pro, so maybe there's room for something up there, maybe a medieval structure or something, providing that it doesn't block view of the ball movement too much.

The pro could use a bad ass sword in the top right. But trust me if you are playing this pin you have no time to look around. Pin is Awesome

#3219 4 years ago

The LE’s are sold out

#3220 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The LE’s are sold out

If that is true, that is a huge deal! I hope so as I want Stern to think differently about the themes/titles they choose to invest in........and I also want this game to be successful for Steve as I feel like he made this game for us!

#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

We have been working on a medieval black knight on a horse mod to replace the stock plastic that is in the back right. The mod is about 5" tall and should fit perfectly. Lit sword, red backlighting from the shield and purple underglow, plus it has rocking action. I will be testing exact fit at Allentown and expect to have a handful for sale.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190428093127196 (resized).jpg00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190428093127196 (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190428092917766_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190428092917766_COVER (resized).jpg
#3222 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have been working on a medieval black knight on a horse mod to replace the stock plastic that is in the back right. The mod is about 5" tall and should fit perfectly. Lit sword, red backlighting from the shield and purple underglow, plus it has rocking action. I will be testing exact fit at Allentown and expect to have a handful for sale.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good but I don't know if it's the pic, however swords does not look straight.

#3223 4 years ago

That won’t fit on the LE will it?

#3224 4 years ago

Jazzin up the "very open" playfield.... still have a few more ideas to implement. Trying to keep it looking like it came from the factory this way and not
heavily modded.

**Add a little SuperLube to the spinners and the rip like crazy on this game.

2019-04-27 16.31.45 (resized).jpg2019-04-27 16.31.45 (resized).jpg
#3225 4 years ago

I'm excited about the spinners. I wish they kept the opto for the spinners like in Beatles those things ripped like hell.

#3226 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The LE’s are sold out

Do you mean all 600 have been sold to distributors? If so, that's significant.

The Australian distributor has a handful left to sell to customers.

Sold out to distributors, maybe, but not quite sold out to enthusiasts. Yet.

#3227 4 years ago

Jazzin up the "very open" playfield.... still have a few more ideas to implement. Trying to keep it looking like it came from the factory this way and not
heavily modded.

**Add a little SuperLube to the spinners and the rip like crazy on this game.

2019-04-27 16.31.15 (resized).jpg2019-04-27 16.31.15 (resized).jpg2019-04-27 16.31.27 (resized).jpg2019-04-27 16.31.27 (resized).jpg2019-04-27 16.31.33 (resized).jpg2019-04-27 16.31.33 (resized).jpg
#3228 4 years ago

Ramps lights on the PRO look amazing.

Thanks Stern for slotting the playfield.

35BBFAED-0C14-4D6B-87BF-293D8A281AB9 (resized).jpeg35BBFAED-0C14-4D6B-87BF-293D8A281AB9 (resized).jpeg461CF683-0622-422A-8A87-BB5B580853A3 (resized).jpeg461CF683-0622-422A-8A87-BB5B580853A3 (resized).jpegE54DCFC3-B08E-40A1-A005-BB640D17F399 (resized).jpegE54DCFC3-B08E-40A1-A005-BB640D17F399 (resized).jpeg
#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

#3230 4 years ago

LEDs added on the Pro Ramp.

FDA13B45-D5BF-4857-9C3F-DCB3790D55E9 (resized).jpegFDA13B45-D5BF-4857-9C3F-DCB3790D55E9 (resized).jpegD6EB74AF-53F2-4878-BBAD-1A6D9899003F (resized).jpegD6EB74AF-53F2-4878-BBAD-1A6D9899003F (resized).jpeg7A4DC3AB-3AEB-4B05-B9A7-9DF7012650F4 (resized).jpeg7A4DC3AB-3AEB-4B05-B9A7-9DF7012650F4 (resized).jpeg
#3231 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Looks good but I don't know if it's the pic, however swords does not look straight.

Sword is straight, just the pic.

Quoted from zucot:

That won’t fit on the LE will it?

Don’t know yet, haven’t seen one, but I hope to test in an LE/premium and a pro at Allentown. Based on the pic I’ve seen of the le/perm, I think it will fit behind the VUK.

#3232 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

LEDs added on the Pro Ramp.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can I ask how you modded it to light up the ramp like that on the pro it looks killer

#3233 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Except that you need both to play munster madness with a multiball on both upper and lower playfields at the same time.

#3234 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Can I ask how you modded it to light up the ramp like that on the pro it looks killer

That is stock lighting.

#3235 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sword is straight, just the pic.

Don’t know yet, haven’t seen one, but I hope to test in an LE/premium and a pro at Allentown. Based on the pic I’ve seen of the le/perm, I think it will fit behind the VUK.

There is a spare shield decal in the goodie bag if you need to make a copy and add it to your knights shield.

Also new Pro machine owners, check your goodie bag. There is a mylar section in there that you can add in front of the knight to prevent wear.

#3236 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

There is a spare shield decal in the goodie bag if you need to make a copy and add it to your knights shield.
Also new Pro machine owners, check your goodie bag. There is a mylar section in there that you can add in front of the knight to prevent wear.

Good to know, that might be a nice addition.

#3237 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

That is stock lighting.

I don’t have that lighting at all in my pro?

#3238 4 years ago

That is not stock lighting he said he added less? Can any other pro owners speak up here I don’t have any lights under my bolts on my pro

#3239 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

That is stock lighting.

Verified with other owners that is not stock lighting on the pro for under the bolts. They are cut out from the factory but no lights there; is someone going to make a mod for this?

#3240 4 years ago

There are 2 things on my mind today.....Avengers End Game, and playing more Black Knight!

Been a long time since a new Pinball haunts my dreams with game play!!
What a Winner for Stern!!

#3241 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Verified with other owners that is not stock lighting on the pro for under the bolts. They are cut out from the factory but no lights there; is someone going to make a mod for this?

Pro has no lighting on ramp stock. It is my lighting I made.

Watching end games will pm you later.

4010AE75-62AD-45A8-89FE-6E1DD4D61699 (resized).jpeg4010AE75-62AD-45A8-89FE-6E1DD4D61699 (resized).jpeg
#3242 4 years ago

Any production date for LE’s?

#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Any production date for LE’s?

Mine is shipping "early May".

#3244 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

(Thanks, Kurt and Ed, at the Pinball Lounge, Ovido Florida..Shameless Plug)

I was there yesterday too

#3245 4 years ago

Played today the Pro Version because a very good friend of mine (thx Max) ordered the pin via Air Freight to Germany.

Here is a Gameplay Video with the Final Mode

Brutal Speed but had a lot of Fun!!!

#3246 4 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Played today the Pro Version because a very good friend of mine (thx Max) ordered the pin via Air Freight to Germany.

Good video.

300 million a great score

Magna save seems fine to use.

Game looks intense and fun.

But, was that everything? Code wise?

#3247 4 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Thx for link. Had almost been talked into overlooking this title before playing until now ... loving what I’m seeing and can’t wait to find one now. Bring on the Black Knight pro!

i’d probably need to close both outlines to make game reasonable.

#3248 4 years ago

Every stream makes me more excited about my LE. All 3 versions seem great.

#3249 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Thx for link. Had almost been talked into overlooking this title before playing until now ... loving what I’m seeing aget wait to find one now. Bring on the Black Knight pro!
i’d probably need to close both outlines to make game reasonable.

Don’t overlook this one .

#3250 4 years ago

I will pm those that have sent a PM to me in regards to ramp lights as soon as they are available. In testing.
THX!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/65?hl=rhaegal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.