Finally got to play the BK Pro today, put about 20 games on it. All I have to say is I love and hate this game at the same time! Here's my take- keep in mind, this is only my opinion!
What I liked:
-Game is fast and furious! Has a open playfield that kinda gave me a similar vibe to GOT Pro, while it seemed as challenging as IM. Game keeps you on your toes and makes you think about your shots... get sloppy and you'll pay.
- Great artwork! Captures the classic vibe nicely.
- Lots of insults thrown at you.. nicely done! A few times when the game was yelling at me I was almost embarrassed lol... several times it asked where a worthy apponent was after the ball drained. LMAO.
What I didn't like:
Biggest gripe - Seems like all the shots just bring the ball right back to the flipper.. left shot shoots the ball to the ramp and to flipper, left and right orbits bring the ball back to the flippers, flailing ball shot (ramp) brings ball back to flipper, shield shot upkicks ball to ramp/flipper!! Only saving grace here is the controlled gate for the right orbit that puts the ball in the pops.
- Lots of shots, and I mean a lot of shots, lead to drains! Shots to the center and shield target led to direct drains. Also shooting just about every post in the game has a possibility of directing the ball straight to the outlanes, more than I've ever noticed in any other game. I found this to be extremely frustrating and I can't think of another game this brutal. And since most of the shots lead to the flippers, you are shooting a lot...
- The magna save button just makes ZERO sense on the lockdown bar.
- Playfield seems sparse... but hey, that's a new Stern pro I suppose?
I think the Premium would be the way to go for me if I'm in just to change things up from the constant flipper return shots. I guess time will tell.
Happy shooting, overall I think this will be a fun game!