(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 81.
#2901 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm not sure you know what a fact is. You just made up hypothetical data and called it a fact. Until you actually do the polling it's just you making up shit again.

I already said I would bet you $1000 dollars put your money up brother! We'll go to any mall in America people don't know Iron Maiden music but Iron Maiden fans. People who're not fans of U2 still know their songs. I already admitted they've made a lot of money like Kiss thru licensing. Their logo is a brand all by itself, people who don't even listen to their music might have their t-shirts. They've been very clever at marketing but their music hasn't resonated chart topping hits. Metallica broke thru with thrash metal, and had hits and hits played during every sporting event in America. I dont think I've ever heard an Iron Maiden song during a football game... but Queen, Metallica yup. This is getting way off the point... Iron Maiden pinball is beloved by pinball collectors. We're not doubting that.

On location because Iron Maiden is NOT ACDC, Metallica, or the soon to release Guns N Roses doesn't make money. Ghostbusters a game that has been trashed sideways on Pinside, makes TONS of money. Because the mass majority probably 90% of every dollar that goes into a pinball game, comes from someone who doesn't not own, or have a desire to own a pinball game in their house. Just casual players out with friends. That is your market!

Iron Maiden is very popular in Europe and many of their songs have charted there, Stern made this game because they sell around the World not just in the USA. Believe it or not but kylie minogue is bigger than Madonna in Europe she tours there but doesn't tour here.

Queen when Freddy was around mostly toured Europe and South America because that is where they had their biggest fan base.

Queen later became bigger than ever thanks to movies like Waynes World where people got exposed to them for the first time. Now Queen is bigger than ever in the USA. Iron Maiden is one of the most unique bands ever because they sold pretty good despite never getting played on the radio really. Good for them. They have die hard fans who follow them like religion. They've sold 3 or 4 albums that reached a million, but just because the band said they sold 100 million ahhh no way in hell do I believe that. Their most popular album ever World wide was just under 2 million so how did they get to 100 million... maybe because this band has made like 40 albums I don't know. LOL

Look man all I'm saying to you is this... Black Knight on location won't do well, TNA doesn't do well, and Iron Maiden doesn't do well either not in the USA

The people NOT on this website want to play Ghostbusters, ACDC, Deadpool, Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.

That is all I'm saying.

#2902 5 years ago

50,000 word salad nobody is reading followed by...

Quoted from drfrightner:

That is all I'm saying.

Am I the only one that kinda cracked up at that?

#2903 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I have to say some people can’t respect other people’s opinion. I have nothing against those who think Iron Maiden is the greatest band who ever lived. I have nothing against those who pleaded make Iron Maiden game, or those who want a Judist Priest pinball either. Good for you that someone made Iron Maiden who didn’t deserve it based on success on the charts. Kiss is another band who created a massive fan base without actually having music that the mass majority of music lovers embraced. Good for them.
Kiss, Iron Maiden are two of the most unsuccessful charting bands in history that made the most money. I guess at the end of the day what matters is the bank account, so that makes them successful.

Not trying to keep this argument going but this is just so wrong.... Iron Maiden has sold over 100 million albums in their career without a single hint of radio play, that is a huge testament to their fan base. Their music was NEVER written to be radio friendly... they have a 13 minute song about a poem written in 1797.... one of their biggest songs is about the charge of the light brigade in the Crimean War of 1854 and that is one of their few songs that actually got radio play! Their music is virtuoso metal with historical themes, not exactly the type of stuff that tops the charts but that does not mean their popularity is low, far from it! The bottom line is that Maiden always had a HUGE following that sells out stadiums across the globe. Their fans are among the most devoted in all of music!

If you poll that same 100 people about what their favorite Metallica song is 90 will say "Enter Sandman" because it got radio play and they could not probably name another outside of maybe Fuel, those are not Metallica fans or the type who would buy a Metallica pin. The other 10 are the ones who are Metallica fans and they DEFINITELY can name multiple Maiden tracks as well. Maiden is the one metal band (besides Sabbath) that transcends all the genres of metal and is appreciated by the vast majority of metal fans. Since metal and pinball fans tend to be middle-aged white guys the Maiden theme is perfect for a pinball machine. Maiden is consistently one of the top earners at my local venue (which happens to be a metal-themed pizza spot with 13 pins in an upscale neighborhood) but it may not earn well in Missouri, doesn't mean the game has not been a smashing success for Stern and operators.

Also LOL at Maiden's main fan base being European. That slayed me. They are the biggest band in South America.

#2904 5 years ago

Am I the only one that kinda cracked up at that?

No

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Not trying to keep this argument going but this is just so wrong.... Iron Maiden has sold over 100 million albums in their career without a single hint of radio play, that is a huge testament to their fan base.

I think on message boards, no one can ever truly understand what someone is or isn't saying. But we actually agree 110%!

Iron Maiden has an amazing and very loyal fan base, and as I said and you said without radio play, without some big theme anthem hit like Enter Sandman, these guys are filthy rich.

Kiss is the USA version of Iron Maiden for Europe. Neither band really has mainstream hits, they created super loyal fan bases there is no doubt there.

This has nothing to do with my point... that on location what matters is the THEME of the game. Iron Maiden as dedicated as their fan base is doesn't expand out of that box. Even the guy who loves Nirvana probably still likes Billy Jean or knows the song. People who love Marvel movies probably still have seen Ghostbusters at some point. The same person who only likes Celine Dion still knows ACDC, heck any stadium in American plays the same three bands over and over again: QUEEN - METALLICA - ACDC and maybe some Quiet Riot, or Guns N Roses.

How can you escape those bands you can't, you hear this in movies, tv shows, stadiums during football games.

Iron Maiden is NOT played on any of those things. Bottom line I'm only saying the THEME of the pinball game is what matters on location. In your home its what you like what you want. There is a difference.

#2906 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Well is was really excited to play BKSOR and did over two days at MGC and to put it lightly I was far from impressed. Yes it’s fast, yes it has flow and a great story from pinball past but that is it. I am a fan of the series the first pin I owned was an original BK I had to have. Where is the innovation from 1980 to today? Let’s see 1980 upper play field today upper play filed pay more. 1980 3 ball lock mech today 3 ball lock mech pay more. 1980 magna save both sides today magna save one side with the button out of quick reach. Speech 1980 innovative today common place. Ramps 1980 innovative today common place. X time play field 1980 innovative today common place. Today you get a screen and a Black Knight puppet with a glorified spinner big deal. This is pinball the story should be told under the glass and with sounds it is not a video game. The story of defeating the Black Knight was told through game play, sounds and very limited speech. Today you get the lazy approach with a TV screen with nothing new on the play field. The attempt to continue the Black Knight series is nothing but a lazy BS attempt sorry. If you love the Black Knight series get the first two and put money in the bank as money toward another pin. BKSOR is simply an uninspired, lazy, cheaper version of Stern Star Wars without a story to tell.

Hey, at least you got to play it before you bought one.

#2907 5 years ago

#2908 5 years ago

Someone said I don't offer facts so here are some facts for you.

Queen - ACDC - Metallica - Nirvana - Michael Jackson - KISS and Iron Maiden all came prior to the Youtube age. So no matter 70's 80's or 90's they're all pre-youtube days. Meaning their accounts got created long after their success had all been well established. Even during the start of Youtube it wasn't as big as it is today.

Maroon 5 is successful today so their songs have strong following on Youtube much more so than bands who are overall historically bigger... Maroon 5 has 25 million subscribers and over 12 billion views on their videos. We can all agree they're good but they're not legends like in their lane Madonna who has 2 million followers and 2.5 billion views on her videos. Had Madonna done it all over again TODAY she'd probably have 50 million followers and 20 billion views see the point?

So lets compare bands/groups

Iron Maiden has 1 million followers good but only 312 million views on their songs. To the point the band is bigger than their music.

Oddly enough Kiss another band without hit songs has only 295 million views on their songs. Nearly the same.

Now lets look at ACDC another band who created a Youtube page way later like Iron Maiden.

ACDC 3.3 BILLION views on their music and 4.7 million subscribers. Metallica 5 million subscribers and 2.4 billion views. Queen 9.3 million subscribers 4.9 BILLION views. Micheal Jackson 13 million subscribers and 6.7 BILLION views... if his music was TODAY he'd have over 100 million subscribers and who knows 100 billion views. Nirvana 4.1 million subscribers and 2.4 billion views. I could make a list like this for a decade...

Iron Maiden marketing is bigger than their music, people don't know their music, they never had a hit anthem song. Hence when you put an Iron Maiden pinball on location because most people do not know their music or the band, they will move over to Ghostbusters at least in the USA.

Pinball games make more money on location when the THEME is known to them! This is the ONLY point I'm making. These are facts not opinions.

I had an Iron Maiden great game, no one played it, no one knows the band. I sold the game.

Black Knight on location will not do well overall on location, next to Ghostbusters, Deadpool, or even Monopoly.

But as a game its got a few things going for it but the PRO is the way to GO.

#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I have to say some people can’t respect other people’s opinion. I have nothing against those who think Iron Maiden is the greatest band who ever lived. I have nothing against those who pleaded make Iron Maiden game, or those who want a Judist Priest pinball either. Good for you that someone made Iron Maiden who didn’t deserve it based on success on the charts. Kiss is another band who created a massive fan base without actually having music that the mass majority of music lovers embraced. Good for them.
Kiss, Iron Maiden are two of the most unsuccessful charting bands in history that made the most money. I guess at the end of the day what matters is the bank account, so that makes them successful.
We can’t ever put Iron Maiden in the same league as Queen, Led Zepplin, Beatles, or even bands without pinball games like Def Leppard or even Poison for that matter who had #1 hits. I would bet anyone on this site $1000 if we polled 100 random people at a mall, mabye 2 in 100 could name even one Iron Maiden song.
If I polled the same people can you name 1 MJ song it would go to 90 out of 100. Musically Iron Maiden has their fans who love them live by them just like the fans of Grateful Dead, but like Iron Maiden Gratefull Dead the mass majority of music fans don’t know their songs.
These are facts not opinions. So I’m very very sorry that I’m very knowledgeable about music and am not a fan of Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden fans love Iron Maiden, and everyone else never heard of them. Even people who don’t like Bruce Springsteen still knows 5 or 6 of his songs... when people know your LOGO but don’t know your songs you’re not legendary music band. LOL
All that matters is Iron Maiden is a good pinball game, I had the game set up on a location and no one put quarters into it because of the THEME!!! ALmost everyone I talked to never heard of Iron Maiden. On the other hand AC/DC, Metallica same genre right ... loaded with quarters.
I sold the game for two reasons... 1) It didn’t make money. 2). I personally don’t like Iron Maiden.
Great pinball game YES, wish you could swap it out for music from say Nirvana.
I will NEVER SELL my AC/DC or Metallica.
Here is the point I rate games my way and the theme, and theming of the game have a lot to do with it. That is my opinion. Respect that.
I respect and fully understand many here love Iron Maiden its fine! Good for you!
But opinions and facts are two different things, facts Iron Maiden has a lot of fans and I’m not one of them. Fact most people in the US do not know Iron Maiden’s music hence the pinball game didn’t make money.
THEME IS IMPORTANT on location but has nothing to do with what you collect inside YOUR HOUSE. Figure out the difference YOUR HOUSE vS LOCATION!
Ghostbusters HUGE money maker, Iron Maiden is NOT!
Black Knight will not do good on location because of the THEME!
That is the point.
Lastly I’m saying the LE is not worth the money because the upper play field is an epic flop. My opinion!

Ok, now you are just giving us too much to criticize. Quit while you are ahead. The fact that your are trying to claim you are very knowledgeable when it comes to music is negated by most of the crap spewing from your posts. I bet you get down votes from people who dont even make it though you posts. Nobody agrees with you. It happens. Stop crying

#2910 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Iron Maiden is NOT played on any of those things. Bottom line I'm only saying the THEME of the pinball game is what matters on location. In your home its what you like what you want. There is a difference.

FWIW Iron Maiden is consistently a top 3 machine at the location I regularly play at month after month. Usually in the #2 spot behind Star Wars.

And this is in a lineup that includes Guardians, Metallica, Simpsons, AC/DC, JJP Pirates, KISS and Ghostbusters.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal evidence. Even when it comes via your 'FACTS' and 'TRUTH'

#2911 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

FWIW Iron Maiden is consistently at top 3 machine at the location I regularly play at month after month. Usually in the #2 spot behind Star Wars.
And this is in a lineup that includes Guardians, Metallica, Simpsons, AC/DC, JJP Pirates, KISS and Ghostbusters.

That doesn't surprise me - on location you can't really hear the music anyways, so even people who aren't IM fans will play it. Like me and my wife. Because the gameplay is awesome!

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That doesn't surprise me - on location you can't really hear the music anyways, so even people who aren't IM fans will play it. Like me and my wife. Because the gameplay is awesome!

The music is loud and proud at this location my friend. And it starts to grow on you the more you play the game. Great music to play pinball to and it really fits the 'feel' of the gameplay.

#2913 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Quoted from drfrightner:

Kiss is the USA version of Iron Maiden for Europe. Neither band really has mainstream hits, they created super loyal fan bases there is no doubt there.

I'm just going to leave this here for KISS...
Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 12.37.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-17 at 12.37.26 PM (resized).png

#2914 5 years ago

The music is loud and proud at this location my friend. And it starts to grow on you the more you play the game. Great music to play pinball to and it really fits the 'feel' of the gameplay.

Hey agree to disagree, it's just personal music tastes! Lots of metal bands I'm a fan of, just IM not for me. I'm glad it does well for you on location!

#2915 5 years ago

Yeah Kiss had several mega-hits, that argument is silly.

Re: YouTube subscribers - Maiden was never a music video band, they barely released any throughout their career. Their fan base is less likely to stream youtube than the other bands you mentioned.

#2916 5 years ago

So I have had a chance to put about 10 games on a pro on location. This game is excellent. The shots are great, the Black Knight toy is great and interactive, and the music isn't as repetitive as I thought it would be. I have to say that this is a really solid pin by Stern.

#2917 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm just going to leave this here for KISS... [quoted image]

Looks like Iron Maiden has 7 songs that charted in the Top 50 Modern Rock Songs chart and a ton more if you look at the Billboard 200 charts.

Not too shabby for a European metal band that nobody recognizes. LOL!

#2918 5 years ago

There's barely a sporting event you can go to and not hear "Rock and Roll All Nite" or "Detroit Rock City". Ever heard "Beth"? Thought so.

KISS has had 2 top ten hits, and more abroad (ok, it ain't the Beatles, but still). Maiden music isn't radio-friendly, was never meant to be. But both bands have toured for 40 years and sold over a hundred million albums worldwide.

Both of these bands got their popularity the old fashioned way, playing their asses off for years in front of live audiences, MTV and radio be damned.

I don't get your "if you like Nirvana, you probably know Billy Jean" logic.....No, the average person can't name a Maiden song, but the average person doesn't like hard rock/metal - any of THEM probably can, or at the very least recognize the band.

Know who else has never had a Top Ten hit? The Boston Symphony Orchestra. They must suck...

#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Queen - ACDC - Metallica - Nirvana - Michael Jackson - KISS and Iron Maiden all came prior to the Youtube age. So no matter 70's 80's or 90's they're all pre-youtube days. Meaning their accounts got created long after their success had all been well established. Even during the start of Youtube it wasn't as big as it is today.
Maroon 5 is successful today so their songs have strong following on Youtube much more so than bands who are overall historically bigger... Maroon 5 has 25 million subscribers and over 12 billion views on their videos. We can all agree they're good but they're not legends like in their lane Madonna who has 2 million followers and 2.5 billion views on her videos. Had Madonna done it all over again TODAY she'd probably have 50 million followers and 20 billion views see the point?
So lets compare bands/groups
Iron Maiden has 1 million followers good but only 312 million views on their songs. To the point the band is bigger than their music.
Oddly enough Kiss another band without hit songs has only 295 million views on their songs. Nearly the same.
Now lets look at ACDC another band who created a Youtube page way later like Iron Maiden.
ACDC 3.3 BILLION views on their music and 4.7 million subscribers. Metallica 5 million subscribers and 2.4 billion views. Queen 9.3 million subscribers 4.9 BILLION views. Micheal Jackson 13 million subscribers and 6.7 BILLION views... if his music was TODAY he'd have over 100 million subscribers and who knows 100 billion views. Nirvana 4.1 million subscribers and 2.4 billion views. I could make a list like this for a decade...
Iron Maiden marketing is bigger than their music, people don't know their music, they never had a hit anthem song. Hence when you put an Iron Maiden pinball on location because most people do not know their music or the band, they will move over to Ghostbusters at least in the USA.
Pinball games make more money on location when the THEME is known to them! This is the ONLY point I'm making. These are facts not opinions.
I had an Iron Maiden great game, no one played it, no one knows the band. I sold the game.
Black Knight on location will not do well overall on location, next to Ghostbusters, Deadpool, or even Monopoly.

Why are you so invested in this argument - we get it you don't like IMDN pinball and music and you know a lot about the music industry
Awseome - u da man
Who cares - move one

#2920 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I get both, every time. You need a new distro.

PM sent

#2921 5 years ago

BTW, walked up to the new Black Knight game at the MGC show this weekend and went limp. "Let's see - which straight shot should I go for?"

Played 2 games all weekend. I'm good for life.

#2922 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So I have had a chance to put about 10 games on a pro on location. This game is excellent. The shots are great, the Black Knight toy is great and interactive, and the music isn't as repetitive as I thought it would be. I have to say that this is a really solid pin by Stern.

How dare you sir to come into a Black Knight thread and talk about the Black Knight pinball machine!!! Moderators....Please!!!

#2923 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

drfrightner I think your biggest problem is you come across as shoving your opinion down our throats as though you think it’s the truth. Your posts are long and extremely opinionated. I just can’t read any of it anymore.

Short and to the point

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

BTW, walked up to the new Black Knight game at the MGC show this weekend and went limp.

Well I played like 8 games last night and was rock hard the entire time, just throbbing with excitement!!! So I beg to differ.

#2925 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Maroon 5 has 25 million subscribers and over 12 billion views on their videos. We can all agree they're good

NO WE CAN'T.

#2926 5 years ago

The only people who like Maroon 5 are lonely women.

Can we ignore the guy who doesn't know how to rate a game now?

#2927 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

BTW, walked up to the new Black Knight game at the MGC show this weekend and went limp. "Let's see - which straight shot should I go for?"
Played 2 games all weekend. I'm good for life.

I always prefer those "curvy" shots too!

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well I played like 8 games last night and was rock hard the entire time, just throbbing with excitement!!! So I beg to differ.

Aren't you also friends with the game programmer?

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

FWIW Iron Maiden is consistently a top 3 machine at the location I regularly play at month after month. Usually in the #2 spot behind Star Wars.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal evidence. Even when it comes via your 'FACTS' and 'TRUTH'

#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Well is was really excited to play BKSOR and did over two days at MGC and to put it lightly I was far from impressed. Yes it’s fast, yes it has flow and a great story from pinball past but that is it....

When compared with Wonka, BKSoR needs more stuff. Stern should be thinking what else can we put in the premium and le models. It’s not much investment for Stern, but it would add value.

Lower playfield should have kickback added to left drain instead of ball save.

Upper playfield needs a 3 bank of timed drops added. Otherwise add two more standup targets to increase things to hit. Also might be able to add WAR lane switches over the ones below, allowing another way to boost playfield multiplier. Finally, add additional path for ball to travel between playfields.

Cabinet needs a bell added inside that is programmed to award bonus time multiball to the winner, allowing him some victory laps and a chance to run up his final score.

#2931 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

When compared with Wonka, BKSoR needs more stuff. Stern should be thinking what else can we put in the premium and le models. It’s not much investment for Stern, but it would add value.
Upper playfield needs a 3 bank of timed drop targets added if possible, otherwise add WAR lane switches over top the ones below and allow another place to boost playfield multiplier.
Cabinet needs a bell added inside that is programmed to award bonus time multiball to the winner, allowing him some victory laps and a chance to run up his final score.

The game is already shipping.........

#2932 5 years ago

This is a terrible idea. One of the worst features in pinball history.

I don't think you'll see a return of "bonus time" anytime soon.

#2933 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

The game is already shipping.........

First and third items could be issued as repair kits and installed by Owner for games already shipping. Prem don’t come out til June so they have still time to change item two before upper playfields are needed.

#2934 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a terrible idea. One of the worst features in pinball history.
I don't think you'll see a return of "bonus time" anytime soon.

So having bonus time programmed into BKSoR to implement the same feature from BK (one of two pins this game is based and the one that happens to be 40 years old) would be worse than our current status quo of having no bonus time? I’ll have to say no. Not having bonus time is definitely not better. As with the original BK, the feature could be disabled. Think of this as having the ultimate easter egg ever programmed into a game, and who doesn’t like easter eggs?

Once implemented along with adding a kickback assembly for left outlane, they will have added $20 to the BOM. Money well spent!

#2935 5 years ago

yeah, I have a maiden and AC/DC at the same spot. Maiden out earns AC/DC since it came in. It's not ever in the top 3, but it doesn't do to bad either.
Think it just depends on the location.

#2936 5 years ago

I think it would be cool to have 'throwback' features of both the original BK and BK2000. The timed 30 second multiball bonus would be cool to add to the software. It would be easy to program and there could be a setting in the software to turn it off if needed.

#2937 5 years ago

Upper playfield needs a 3 bank of timed drops added. Otherwise add two more standup targets to increase things to hit. Also might be able to add WAR lane switches over the ones below, allowing another way to boost playfield multiplier. Finally, add additional path for ball to travel between playfields.

From what I have seen so far this game is awesome. But I still have doubts if it will have enough content. But the inserts on the wheel are generic named after areas and not after Bossfights. "Wicked Cavern", "Mud Bog", "Molten Fire".......Stern with this game is not bound to a license, right? So they could add as many content as they want to it? So if they would want they could add a lot more monster fights in these Areas? If every area would have different levels let's say 3 and different monsters to fight with different tactics and weaknesses you have to find out. And in every area would be one big end fight to win something that could be helpfull in your endfight against the BK. This game could be so epic.

#2938 5 years ago

They just need to add mode shots to the loop on the upper playfield to make me happy. Since they said there would be a mode in LE that's not in pro, that's probably going to happen.

#2939 5 years ago

So having bonus time programmed into BKSoR to implement the same feature from BK (one of two pins this game is based and the one that happens to be 40 years old) would be worse than our current status quo of having no bonus time? I’ll have to say no. Not having bonus time is definitely not better. As with the original BK, the feature could be disabled. Think of this as having the ultimate easter egg ever programmed into a game, and who doesn’t like easter eggs?
Once implemented along with adding a kickback assembly for left outlane, they will have added $20 to the BOM. Money well spent!

Why should stern waste time and resources on a dumb feature (bonus time) nobody wants? It wouldn’t be free, it would cost time and money and deliver zero benefits for stern or their consumers.

I guess for the same reason you think $20 added to BOM is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

#2940 5 years ago

Hahahahaha!

I really have never heard of Maroon 5. What kind of music do they play? I'm 51 years old and I still go to Slayer concerts.

One serious question. Is the word theme when referring to a pinball machine supposed to be in all capitals now?

Also, I am really looking forward to a black knight premium. This game will be nostalgic for me. I would really like to know what people are thinking

#2941 5 years ago

It amazes me how much time that some people spend who don’t want a particular pinball machine for whatever reason bitching and complaining I guess trying to convince others they shouldn’t wanted either . Life is to short for this waste
of time . LE ordered , it’s a hobby, buy what you like.

#2942 5 years ago

LE paid for. Im rock hard for all things Black Knight

#2943 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why should stern waste time and resources on a dumb feature (bonus time) nobody wants? It wouldn’t be free, it would cost time and money and deliver zero benefits for stern or their consumers.
I guess for the same reason you think $20 added to BOM is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

I disagree nobody wants it. I tend to believe Stern didn’t think of it but now that they have can decide whether to invest time to link one more thing between a 40 yr and 30 yr and present day themed game. That you could turn feature off isn’t good enough for you? Others shouldn’t have the feature and Stern shouldn’t spend the resources in your opinion, right? I disagree.

Is $20 to BOM inconsequential if it enhances the value of the game? I understand all the engineering costs would be expended by Stern. So yes is I say Stern should add More to the prem/le game, including some ideas for upper playfield and the reason is to make a great game a tiny bit better. What if Stern allows $500 more stuff to be added in the current prem/le? Can you feel the excitement from the room at suggestions people have for small things that Stern can do to possibly make the game better? #bk3ksavethebell

#2944 5 years ago

Just shredded the pro at Sunshine Laundromat... it shoots like a champion. Not the brick monster people claim it to be, it’s way easier than say AC/DC for example.

It’s defintely a bit shockingly baron when you first step up, but the code and music and art and layout make you forget about that pretty quickly. The orbits F’ing rule and the Knight toy is pretty dang cool.

Ramp is super satisfying to hit, this is a lower playfield leaning game for sure and much like GOT I think a lot of people are gonna dig the pro version. Another hit in the books for Stern, I’ll take fun over toys any day of the week.

#2945 5 years ago

anyone know if stonehedge in Akron has black knight yet?

#2946 5 years ago

Was in on a premium...now i just don't know..I think im going to sit back and wait...pro, prem??I just enjoy the game of pinball...Great hobby, brings family and friends together no matter what game.. Steve R has always been a fav of mine..Im just not sure if stern let him do what he wanted to do on this 3rd Bk..I guess we will never know....PINN ON ENJOY THE RIDE...

icon (resized).pngicon (resized).png
#2947 5 years ago

@drfrightner...........I googled Maroon 5. I find it offensive that you took it upon yourself to make a blanket statement that all the members of this forum agree that Maroon 5 are good. Speaking for myself only, as I have no right to speak for anyone else here, I think they suck. And I generally like any music except for country.

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I really have never heard of Maroon 5. What kind of music do they play?

Do you like to drink wine in the bathtub? Do you cut the eyes out of pictures of your ex? Do you like to cut yourself while watching Twilight?
That kind of music.

#2949 5 years ago

Thanks to the pinball browser and a sinister character I'm listening to the Music & Callouts of BKSoR on pinball browser.

Browsing trough the callouts I think and hope there's way more to come from the "beige" knight and lots of humor.

So there's:
"Superduperloopa Jackot" (lol)
"I can learn to be good/ let's have a brew and talk etc." (beige knight)
"It's just a flesh wound" (monty python)
doing funny voices aaaand...
Of course "Agaaaain!", "Play Better" and "Fight".

Awesome!

If they really put all this in (there's callouts relating to the story development as well) this is a must-buy for me.

#2950 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Do you like to drink wine in the bathtub? Do you cut the eyes out of pictures of your ex? Do you like to cut yourself while watching Twilight?
That kind of music.

Yes, dunno, and I'd never watch Twilight... ok, with the exeption of Twilight Sparkle! (Brony)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 16.00
Wanted
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/59?hl=stoneyfl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.