(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 81.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What does it take to make a pin feel like a choir?

Still need my second cup of coffee

For a pinball to be like a choir-AC/DC hooked up with both internal sub and external sub-volume set at 9

For pinball to be a chore-just play a few games of Houdini

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Ok I've sobered up to give a brief over view. Code is very early still so i cant say much positive other than i see the potential.
The shield lock shot is exciting but also tough and as code sits it can be annoying. For no rhyme or reason the shield will lower and it becomes a chore and risk to start a mode.
The flail is still kinda underused but a great toy with feedback when you sneak past it, hit it or get denied.
The knight base shot is basicly suicide.
The right orbit shot feeds to the pops but on both pros i played the feed out of the pops hits the top of the sling almost every time which is annoying and hard to control.
Ball times are extremely short till you figure out the shots and a routine.
My biggest complaint is very rarely do i ever shoot from the left flipper on this game. Really only time is to hit the light lock target. If you hit the shield with the left flipper or attempt the lock, you will drain. Its a back hand shot. The drop targets are nice but arent really coded in. So youll find your self with the ball on the left either doing a post pass or scratching your head on what to shoot at. Once they code in the drop targets more it'll remedy it alot
Dual spinners are sweet and they rip quite nice.
The ramp is smooth as hell but as it sits it can be blocked most of your ball until you learn to raise the flail etc
Magna save i more often forgot to use it less than the button being in the middle affected me. It works but not a large range
Bottom line is im in. Its fast and punishing but running it steeper than 6.5 made my ball times greatly increase and i had fun. Im in on the LE.

This post here sums up why I scratch my head at people on this forum. You basically said nothing positive about this game, but still say you are going to buy it in 'hopes' that the code will be improved. Your post alone tells me there's no way I'd drop money on this right now, and I'm very hyped for it.

#2753 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Kickbacks can be less than reliable.

Stick to virtual pinball then.

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

A short loop of that riff is stuck in my head on repeat. Can't get it out...
The game looks cool but the music would absolutely wear on me.

Take a listen to WW that noise would kill me

#2755 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This post here sums up why I scratch my head at people on this forum. You basically said nothing positive about this game, but still say you are going to buy it in 'hopes' that the code will be improved. Your post alone tells me there's no way I'd drop money on this right now, and I'm very hyped for it.

Its gonna be a good game im just telling you what I noticed could be an issue. Games gonna come down to code. right now its barren

#2756 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Then grab a lollipop and get ready for Friday...

LOL

#2757 5 years ago

Game looks really fun can't wait to flip it, just wish Stern would put some more 3D items on the PF besides the center toy.
Everything in this game is flat plastic except for the knight, some of the stuff moders will be doing could be factory installs that would not cost much and really up the level of Stern's games

#2758 5 years ago

Agree the flat plastics are not cutting it... Not a fan in the least...

#2759 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

At Marco both and glass is off. I can confirm: it's a real feather. .
BK mech feels high quality. Upper playfield looks better than on stream. Totally different perspective than overhead. Can't wait to play it in a few hours.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thanks fror posting these. I ordered a premium. hopefully it wont be too long. any ideas on eta?

#2760 5 years ago
20190413_113522 (resized).jpg20190413_113522 (resized).jpg20190413_113554 (resized).jpg20190413_113554 (resized).jpg
#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

irony !! Bitching about people bitchin, which is opinions ,which could be mistaken for bitchin ,but is only opinion !
Quoted from Tranquilize:
You know what REALLY gets old? People bitching about people loving/criticizing/hating the game. Let people have their opinion. Disagree with them and debate with them if you like, but stop bitching about people debating. What else is this forum for? If you want a circle-jerk, label the thread "Circle Jerk about Stern's newest game!" and 90% of us will keep away.

level-3 people bitching about people bitching about people bitching is probably the laziest position in all of social media. think about it....

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This comment kinda makes you seem like a...whiny little bitch.
Just sayin'.

I'll state it again. third-level whining about someone making a point about the incessant bitching on social media is just plain lazy. Try harder....and buckle up your chinstrap if you want to get in the ring with me bud.

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

and buckle up your chinstrap if you want to get in the ring with me bud.

I like that. Hopefully we never have to face each other that would be a match, but you would lose.

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I like that. Hopefully we never have to face each other that would be a match, but you would lose.

i wasnt talking to the humugous!

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Take a listen to WW that noise would kill me

Do you mean the fan or the storm call outs? I think both are great!

#2766 5 years ago

I wish they would incorporate bk2000 original music score into the classic mode...maybe there could be two modes one with Bk 1 sounds, one with bk2000 soundtrack and sounds.

#2768 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Stick to virtual pinball then.

No thanks.

#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I wish they would incorporate bk2000 original music score into the classic mode...maybe there could be two modes one with Bk 1 sounds, one with bk2000 soundtrack and sounds.

i thught i heard some of that in the twitch stream when they were playing the higher end one.

#2770 5 years ago

Is the Pro really as good or better than the LE/Premium or are people just trying to make themselves feel better because they didn’t want to spend the money on the big boy version?

#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is the Pro really as good or better than the LE/Premium or are people just trying to make themselves feel better because they didn’t want to spend the money on the big boy version?

The upper playfield is not that fun. I want the premium art but the pro is more fun.

#2772 5 years ago

Sorry if I have missed this, but is there a video showing the Fire Panel in action?

#2773 5 years ago

Are there premiums at MGC? Anyone capture gameplay or try one?

#2774 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

There are quite a few videos posted on here...

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Nah, this isn't Met, TWD or IrMd I think its just a distaste for upper PF action like with GOT Im going Pro for that distinct reason.

#2777 5 years ago

Yeah, I was hoping to see the premium with the opto back there plugged in.

#2778 5 years ago

Can you backhand the ramp?

#2779 5 years ago

I played it at MGC and it was fun. I'd play it on location, but not one I would buy. That is because it feels like a mid to late 80's game ala F14, High Speed 1&2, etc. I don't think it would have staying power in my collection since I already have one. I'd definitely go premium over pro. Without the upper playfield, the pro just didn't seem to have any character or as much to do. Those who buy this game will enjoy it, but I am afraid will stale in 6 months or less, kind of like how I felt with Aerosmith. But I will gladly play it at shows and on location.

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

The upper playfield is not that fun. I want the premium art but the pro is more fun.

It’s just not fun if you can’t lock the balls. . I stacked both Multiballs and it was awesome.

Some of the Premiums played different. Some the feeds were bad to the upper flipper from the lower and even the loop.
Played a few where everything was perfect.

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Can you backhand the ramp?

Yes

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yes, there were several and a few were hooked up with headphones. I played them both but the pro more because that's what I preferred. One premium hooked up to big speakers. That's the one SR was playing when I got it there.

#2783 5 years ago

I think in the MGC thread actually. There is one with Steve playing with Marcdaddy and a few of his friends I believe. They have a pre setup with JBL stand speakers...

Off Stern's FB. 1:30 mark...
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/301099853895045/

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

What can one expect to pay for a pro?
Dealers best pricing what quotes have you recived?

So no one has purchased a pro?

#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

So no one has purchased a pro?

Dude, just look at the market here on pinside, even on this same page. $5799 for a pro.

#2786 5 years ago

Just got done playing a pro for a couple of hours. I was really impressed with this game I loved the fast paced smooth flowing layout. The knight is a super cool toys seeing the eyes and mask light up is very nice. The flail is a super cool feature so is the shield. LCD animations are well done and I thought we're pretty cool looking. On the pics stern posted I did not like the play field art but in person I really like the play field art and i think it pops. Finally the music IMO is great I love the heavy metal sound and that it plays the original BK2000 song in the retro mode. Overall I think this is a solid pro I also personally like this game because I am a fan of fast paced smooth playing games.

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I love BK2K and I'm more pro-upper-playfield than most around here, it seems...but I could see liking the Pro just fine. One of the things I like about BK2K's upper playfield is that it has lanes, pops, and lots of stuff to bounce around on in addition to the loop & lock. Since the upper pf on BK3 is just a big plastic piece, it misses out on having all that stuff on it...and all the stuff you see underneath is on the Pro. The things that intrigue me the most about BK3 is the knight himself and the awesome music...both on the Pro. Seems like a winner, IMO.

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I loved the fast paced smooth flowing layout.

That is music to my ears. I was worried about speed and flow(Although I really don't know why-I mean C'mon... this is a Steve Ritchie game).

I look forward to flipping it this week-I am a flow whore-so if it is smooth and flows well-I will love it.

#2789 5 years ago

Really concerned about the general flow about this one...let us know!

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Dude, just look at the market here on pinside, even on this same page. $5799 for a pro.

Really?
Your so insight full
One in every crowd

#2791 5 years ago

Prices are literally all over the site and you're asking for a price? Maybe haggle over shipping?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

What can one expect to pay for a pro?
Dealers best pricing what quotes have you recived?

With all due respect we need to keep this information private. If someone gets a deal and pays less then msrp-they need to keep it to themselves. Dealers can get penalized for selling below a certain map price, there is no special dealer that will do this so it is best to call around and see for yourself. Honestly the secondary market is where it is at to save the monies. If you have patience and don't need to buy NIB-just wait a month and you will get a deal on a slightly used Pro.

#2793 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

With all due respect we need to keep this information private. If someone gets a deal and pays less then msrp-they need to keep it to themselves. Dealers can get penalized for selling below a certain map price, there is no special dealer that will do this so it is best to call around and see for yourself. Honestly the secondary market is where it is at to save the monies. If you have patience and don't need to buy NIB-just wait a month and you will get a deal on a slightly used Pro.

I don't think that distis actually get penalized for selling below MSRP but they are prohibited from ADVERTISING below the MAP price. Also nothing really wrong with someone posting what they paid for a game, though the distributor may ask they not disclose it for other reasons.

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't think that distis actually get penalized for selling below MSRP but they are prohibited from ADVERTISING below the MAP price. Also nothing really wrong with someone posting what they paid for a game, though the distributor may ask they not disclose it for other reasons.

Not sure where you have been the last three years-but you are wrong. Stern concocted a 'dealer pricing scheme' where dealers are not supposed or allowed to sell below a certain price threshold. Has nothing to do with advertised MSRP pricing. Also yes there is something wrong with posting pricing-because that is what got us into where we are today. Loose lips-sink ships

#2795 5 years ago

This should probably be a different thread, but best I've ever been given is free shipping. You can haggle people down, but then pay shipping or just try to get shipping thrown in.

#2796 5 years ago

I just got back from MGC. I was able to play a whole bunch of games over two days on Black Knight Swords of Rage... Sadly I only played on the Pro model... The game really blew me away. I love this game!!!!!! It's fast, it has amazing artwork, good music, great animations and really is everything I want in a pinball machine. So, before MGC I was leaning more towards possibly getting a Munsters early next year, but then I saw this release and it caught my eye.
I was able to play both this and Munsters(both pro and prem), and I must say this BKSR kicks Munsters butt. Amazing toy. Fun fast games. Just really wowed me.
While I felt underwhelmed by Munsters. The lower playfield just felt too gimmicky and didn't shoot very well. So while I think the concept is cool. The whole game was a bit of a pass for me. Its a game I'd definitely play on location. But, right now with my limited money and even more limited space in my home, I rather have a BKSR.
And I also think Pro model is the way to go. I just don't think you're missing much not having the upperplayfield. I also think while the LE has the best art package, the Pro has the second best package as the Prem package just isn't my cup of tea.
But, man o man what a great game. I can't believe how much fun it is to play. Lots of modes two. And I love the devil hand mode... Its a lot like a painting I made a long time ago.

IMG-20130518-00072 (resized).jpgIMG-20130518-00072 (resized).jpg
#2797 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure where you have been the last three years-but you are wrong. Stern concocted a 'dealer pricing scheme' where dealers are not supposed or allowed to sell below a certain price threshold. Has nothing to do with advertised MSRP pricing. Also yes there is something wrong with posting pricing-because that is what got us into where we are today. Loose lips-sink ships

It probably is better as a topic for another thread but price-fixing is illegal, trust me I have worked for many different technology firms that sell through resellers and every year we go through a refresher training on ethics and legal issues. #1 topic is always that it is illegal for us to dictate what the final price is, we can enforce MAP but cannot penalize a partner for taking a smaller margin and selling it cheaper than someone else. That exact scenario happens hundreds of times a day and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. It may be true that the distributors get some kind of verbal flack from someone at Stern or JJP but even that is frowned upon from a legal perspective. In today's climate of so many buyers it may be true they no longer do / need to discount but that doesn't mean they are prohibited from doing it.

#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern concocted a 'dealer pricing scheme' where dealers are not supposed or allowed to sell below a certain price threshold. Has nothing to do with advertised MSRP pricing.

Do you actually have proof of this?

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/dealings-supply-chain/manufacturer-imposed

#2799 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You legally can't force a dealer to sell above a certain price

I have said it before and I will say it again-'You don't know Gary.'

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have said it before and I will say it again-'You don't know Gary.'

nope I don't and I could be 100% wrong

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/56?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.