(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 81.
#2701 4 years ago

If anyone wants any specific photos of stuff then LMK. Heading back over this morning to make adjustments and get game ready for clock chaos

#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I can't wait for the $30 Multi-color feather mod . . .

I'm thinking someone's gonna make that mod with fiber optics and LEDs, lol

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pro is fun to shoot! Seriously!
Got 4 games in and watched ten more.
Art and light shows are really top notch. Two spinners is so much fun cause I love spinner shots!
The knight is cool but he needs more call outs and heckling to bring in some personality. Awesome toy if Tim can execute on the player insults and more variety of call outs. The knight needs to really feel alive !
First assessment is that if you like BK2K and GOT then you will like this game. There is no doubt that the pro is the way to go on this one. Upper pf is not as good as BK2K IMHO so I see no reason for it.
BK3000 pro will be a game that many buy and love is my guess. I was smiling big time and looking forward to what comes of the code on this. As always code will decide the fate in the long term, but this game has one of the best foundations of any game in the past five years from stern.
Art
Cool toy
Great recognizable theme and character
Cool custom tunes ( these are too metal for me but still neat to see and I know lots of metal heads buy and play pins)
Fun things to shoot with good physical challenges
Awesome light show

There goes premium sales.

#2704 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Upper pf is not as good as BK2K IMHO so I see no reason for it.

did you play the LE/Premium?

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

There goes premium sales

I really do not think the Premium sales will suffer from the Pro being a better shooting game, because of the history of BK. I think the majority of pinheads want the upper pf so it reflects the classic BK with upper pf. I personally do not care for upper pf's, but the premiums will far outsell Pro's and Le's on this particular title. Premiums will sell like hotcakes on this one.

#2706 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really do not think the Premium sales will suffer from the Pro being "an allegedly" better shooting game, because of the history of BK. I think the majority of pinheads want the upper pf so it reflects the classic BK with upper pf. I personally do not care for upper pf's, but the premiums will far outsell Pro's and Le's on this particular title. Premiums will sell like hotcakes on this one.

I've fixed that for you

I heard the same BS with TWD and GB and I wouldn't be without the premium version of those games.

#2707 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone wants any specific photos of stuff then LMK. Heading back over this morning to make adjustments and get game ready for clock chaos

the HDMI port/socket thingy?

Neil.

#2708 4 years ago

I got to play one last night at my local arcade, enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. Only got 2 games in but put up 100 million on first one and then this gem on the second one.
Black Knight GC (resized).PNGBlack Knight GC (resized).PNG

#2709 4 years ago

I'm in on an LE. Definitely can see where people prefer the pro, but I have faith in the game as it was intended to be (with upper playfield). Such a pretty machine either way!

#2710 4 years ago

Hard to tell in the pics, but is there anything of interest going on behind the Knight besides some pops and three rollovers? Looks like more could've been done there.

#2711 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Hard to tell in the pics, but is there anything of interest going on behind the Knight besides some pops and three rollovers? Looks like more could've been done there.

The upper PF

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

The upper PF

Not on the pro.

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pro is fun to shoot! Seriously!
Got 4 games in and watched ten more.
Art and light shows are really top notch. Two spinners is so much fun cause I love spinner shots!
The knight is cool but he needs more call outs and heckling to bring in some personality. Awesome toy if Tim can execute on the player insults and more variety of call outs. The knight needs to really feel alive !
First assessment is that if you like BK2K and GOT then you will like this game. There is no doubt that the pro is the way to go on this one. Upper pf is not as good as BK2K IMHO so I see no reason for it.
BK3000 pro will be a game that many buy and love is my guess. I was smiling big time and looking forward to what comes of the code on this. As always code will decide the fate in the long term, but this game has one of the best foundations of any game in the past five years from stern.
Art
Cool toy
Great recognizable theme and character
Cool custom tunes ( these are too metal for me but still neat to see and I know lots of metal heads buy and play pins)
Fun things to shoot with good physical challenges
Awesome light show

Damn Hilton! Get off your knees! Always shilling for Stern!!! I guess you are trying to line up a job interview?!

knee (resized).jpgknee (resized).jpg

#2714 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All rgb inserts? Not the case.. it has about half . I really wish both models had all rgb inserts as it really gives off a nice light show.

Well, 24 to the Premium's 26. That's far more than any Pro before and basically in line with the Premium.

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I got to play one last night at my local arcade, enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. Only got 2 games in but put up 100 million on first one and then this gem on the second one.
[quoted image]

Hey! He said Sunday would be the first night we could all play it!

Damn insiders!

LOL!

#2716 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hey! He said Sunday would be the first night we could all play it!
Damn insiders!
LOL!

Someone had to help him set it up and make sure it works before it gets exposed to the public.

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Someone had to help him set it up and make sure it works right before it gets exposed to the pubic.

who's pubic is being exposed here?!?

#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

laugh (resized).jpglaugh (resized).jpg
#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Typing is difficult.

#2720 4 years ago

At Marco both and glass is off. I can confirm: it's a real feather. .

BK mech feels high quality. Upper playfield looks better than on stream. Totally different perspective than overhead. Can't wait to play it in a few hours.

20190412_134405 (resized).jpg20190412_134405 (resized).jpg20190412_134418 (resized).jpg20190412_134418 (resized).jpg20190412_134422 (resized).jpg20190412_134422 (resized).jpg

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

At Marco both and glass is off. I can confirm: it's a real feather. .

Wich bird?

#2722 4 years ago

Pee cock.

#2723 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seeing how enthusiastic Tim seemed to be, I think he'll do that (if he's given some time to do so by Stern?). I think you're right that the toy is great and can become more 'complete' by adding a lot of different call outs (not having played it yet, only judging it by videos).

#2724 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Video?

#2725 4 years ago

be cool to see some other real life mods! heh

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2726 4 years ago

This guy seems to like it

20190412_175442 (resized).jpg20190412_175442 (resized).jpg
#2727 4 years ago

Been playing the pro and the code in my opinion is extremely early. Pretty much a one flipper game as it sits. My only real complaint is mode start is a pain and the shield has no logic to it when it raises and lowers

#2728 4 years ago

Oh his voice is way to deep, almost a touch to cheesy

#2729 4 years ago

What can one expect to pay for a pro?
Dealers best pricing what quotes have you recived?

#2730 4 years ago
20190412_172928 (resized).jpg20190412_172928 (resized).jpg20190412_172935 (resized).jpg20190412_172935 (resized).jpg20190412_180914 (resized).jpg20190412_180914 (resized).jpg20190412_180921 (resized).jpg20190412_180921 (resized).jpg20190412_180923 (resized).jpg20190412_180923 (resized).jpg
#2731 4 years ago

Code will be the make and break on this game. Got about 60 plays in. 10 beers. Left outlane has a ball save. Wish they'd stop being cheap and do a kickback

#2732 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Code will be the make and break on this game. Got about 60 plays in. 10 beers. Left outlane has a ball save. Wish they'd stop being cheap and do a kickback

Kickbacks can be less than reliable.

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

and the software can backup for that. What about the one that golden eye had?

#2734 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes, bur they keep the ball in play and are more exciting

#2735 4 years ago

Black Knight lookin pretty good now that the JJP hype is fizzling like that bottle drunk Grandpa Joe stole

#2736 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Black Knight lookin pretty good now that the JJP hype is fizzling like that bottle drunk Grandpa Joe stole

For all owners i played at 6.5 and 8.0. 7 ish is where this game wants to be. Side to side is much better

#2737 4 years ago

So as a drummer who loves metal, I noticed something interesting and would love to hear thoughts on this. I have owned a couple original black knights and recall of the horse galloping before plunging the ball.

The question is... on the new sound package with the constant triplet on the drums, do you feel like that is a horse gallop on roids?

If so? Just makes me want it even more. Haha!

I would love to hear how that conversation went with sound directing and the musicians hired. Great sound package!

#2739 4 years ago

I’m curious to see how the pro vs. prem/LE debate turns out. On this game, it seems like that upper play field will change the entire speed of play. I personally think it seems a little like #tna. Blazing fast gameplay until you get into that upper play field. You can get a run where you bounce it around for a while building the bigger score. Then it fires out and mayhem ensues.

#2740 4 years ago

You got in 60 plays and your only remark is lack of kickback?

#2741 4 years ago

I played BK plenty tonight at MGC no lines I found the pro awesome and am ordering one. Prefer pro over premium. My kind of game.

Cheers

#2742 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

You got in 60 plays and your only remark is lack of kickback?

He did sink 10 beers ....

#2743 4 years ago

Ok I've sobered up to give a brief over view. Code is very early still so i cant say much positive other than i see the potential.

The shield lock shot is exciting but also tough and as code sits it can be annoying. For no rhyme or reason the shield will lower and it becomes a chore and risk to start a mode.

The flail is still kinda underused but a great toy with feedback when you sneak past it, hit it or get denied.

The knight base shot is basicly suicide.

The right orbit shot feeds to the pops but on both pros i played the feed out of the pops hits the top of the sling almost every time which is annoying and hard to control.

Ball times are extremely short till you figure out the shots and a routine.

My biggest complaint is very rarely do i ever shoot from the left flipper on this game. Really only time is to hit the light lock target. If you hit the shield with the left flipper or attempt the lock, you will drain. Its a back hand shot. The drop targets are nice but arent really coded in. So youll find your self with the ball on the left either doing a post pass or scratching your head on what to shoot at. Once they code in the drop targets more it'll remedy it alot

Dual spinners are sweet and they rip quite nice.

The ramp is smooth as hell but as it sits it can be blocked most of your ball until you learn to raise the flail etc

Magna save i more often forgot to use it less than the button being in the middle affected me. It works but not a large range

Bottom line is im in. Its fast and punishing but running it steeper than 6.5 made my ball times greatly increase and i had fun. Im in on the LE.

#2744 4 years ago

As much as I say to myself I dont care what pinside says about BKSOR... i am happy to see people coming to their senses about how great BK is

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

As much as I say to myself I dont care what pinside says about BKSOR... i am happy to see people coming to their senses about how great BK is

This pin will be great!

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from Robert4pinball:

So as a drummer who loves metal, I noticed something interesting and would love to hear thoughts on this. I have owned a couple original black knights and recall of the horse galloping before plunging the ball.
The question is... on the new sound package with the constant triplet on the drums, do you feel like that is a horse gallop on roids?
If so? Just makes me want it even more. Haha!
I would love to hear how that conversation went with sound directing and the musicians hired. Great sound package!

Very interesting thanks for sharing that. I am going listen for it.

#2747 4 years ago

Had a great KNIGHT last night at MGC. Got in early and talked with Steve, he showed us the Premium then played with us. I'm of course a dork wearing my I'd Rather Play Pinball shirt. Premium does play great, upper playfield wasnt as annoying as I thought it could be.

20190412_174111 (resized).jpg20190412_174111 (resized).jpg
#2748 4 years ago

The knight base shot is basicly suicide

This was one of my concerns, having just a flat stationary target to add to number of fast rejects(At least GOT has a battering ram that moves and absorbs shock). How did the flow feel? Did it feel like a choir trying to hit ramps, etc. or is the distance in between targets tolerable?

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This was one of my concerns, having just a flat stationary target to add to number of fast rejects(At least GOT has a battering ram that moves and absorbs shock). How did the flow feel? Did it feel like a choir trying to hit ramps, etc. or is the distance in between targets tolerable?

Flows good but i will say give it a few games the area around the knight seems magnetic cause you just end up hitting it alot. I ramps easier to hit than expected. Only tough shot is the lock

#2750 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What does it take to make a pin feel like a choir?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/55?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.