(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 81.
#2601 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"virtual kickback" been a thing for many, many, many years. Like...I can easily trace it back to the Clinton years without even thinking.
It's also known as a "ball save."
Why are we complaining about this now?

Because it's the right time to do so. This is a f***ng BK machine. So it has to fight (kick) back.
But why not replace the magna save with a ball save? Just press the button fast enough..
Come on..... thats redicoulus

#2602 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I dont think he meant theme alone.
Theme counts for a lot and is a large draw. It however cant trump poor gameplay. Ghostbusters is a dream theme for me. I cant stand that game. Walking Dead is a horrible theme to me but I like the way it plays (I just wouldnt buy one). Iron Maiden makes me so happy I could cry.
When a game comes along that has that sweet marriage theme and gameplay, that's what people are after.

It's all about theme INTEGRATION.

#2603 5 years ago

Yeah I’m thinking the magna save is gonna be pretty useless as the reaction time from when the ball is in near the outline to pressing the button is gonna be too late.

#2604 5 years ago

Aside from reaction time, with the magna save being on the lockdown bar it makes it almost impossible to nudge near the right outlane and magna save if need be. It's one or the other.

#2605 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The idea of waiting in hopes your customers wont realize they are being sold an inferior product for more money is a terrible way to run a business. Just make a better product and stream it in a positive way.

True but you know that's not going to happen until people stop buying these overpriced rehashes.

#2606 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah I’m thinking the magna save is gonna be pretty useless as the reaction time from when the ball is in near the outline to pressing the button is gonna be too late.

Well they are changing it to magna drain.

#2607 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Monster bash - no knocker!!!

Same for CV.

#2608 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Monster bash - no knocker!!!

And the company shut down shortly after shutting down the glorious knocker.

Coincidence????

#2609 5 years ago

how does the left orbit work on the premium? Didn't watch all that much of the premium, but does the ball go up on the launch or on a left orbit shot?

#2610 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

True but you know that's not going to happen until people stop buying these overpriced rehashes.

How is this game a rehash? I'm genuinely curious.

#2611 5 years ago

Watching the gameplay reveal with the Pro Black Knight does have me concerned on overall flow. It seemed like a lot of rejects or brick shots trying to hit ramps, etc. My concern is that the tight shots could be like Houdini and over time the precision needed to make the shots makes the game un-enjoyable. My other concern is stop and go with animations....Ball One Locked......etc. I really like the theme and the objectives so it will really come down to how it plays for me in person. I am hoping the video is nothing like how it actually plays in person. If it flows well-I will like it, if it is a brick fest-I will not.

#2612 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sounds like Stern might stop streaming early as it sounds like they are going to lose alot of money with people switching to pros

I doubt it as the reverse could and probably has happened where Pro buyers see a Pre/LE model and decide they must have it. U can't always win.

#2613 5 years ago

After further review, I am entering a wait and see thought pattern. I will be buying this game, but I cannot say I would buy a premium or LE over the Pro until I play it. As many have mentioned the upper playfield created a tremendous amount of unused space. I am not sure it will be deamed “worth it” in the end. Steve could have just as easily made the loop on the lower section of the playfield, like shadow or getaway. I also think that Steve did not address the criticism of the prior bk2000......this latest version is still a one flipper game. How awesome would it have been if this was a two ramp game that used a diverter to dump the ball on to the upper playfield once you qualified. It would have flow and depth. By having the ball always pass through the upper playfield you kill flow and end up right back where GOT LE left off and clearly GOT pro was the game to get. Still a beautiful unique game, but definitely fell short in a few areas. I still say this will kick butt as a location game.

#2614 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Because its "Black Knight"?

The premium will far outsell the pro. The upper PF IS a BK tradition.

#2615 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No clue what you are talking about. Modern stern has never made a game like this that I can think of. Stern is also not going to stop streaming games because the same people that rush to an LE everytime change their mind like they do on pretty much every title.

The game looks good, great art, pretty awesome looking light show, rocking sound track that is always going to depend on personal tastes, a unique new toy that is molded and sculpted with pretty awesome detail, in your face brutal gameplay that might make IM feel easy, cool theme, code that is yet to be determined. Overall one of sterns best offerings at this point in the release in my opinion. Lots to be determined, but a really cool looking game and a well done release.

#2616 5 years ago

If he thinks this is a rehash then just wait till he sees the new Stern Star Trek release.

"Star Trek, the Trouble with Dimples"

Doh!!

#2617 5 years ago

So I have some interest in the game. What is the executive summary of this post is 4 bullet points or less? For those of use who are too busy eating burritos and drinking beer to muddle through the 2000 posts.

#2618 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't believe that people actually listen to that guy's podcast. It's embarrassing.

Didnt he get booted out of here for being a total dbag? A few years ago when I was active in here I used to tool on that pudwhack

#2619 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So I have some interest in the game. What is the executive summary of this post is 4 bullet points or less? For those of use who are too busy eating burritos and drinking beer to muddle through the 2000 posts.

Everyone wanted the LE/Premium, now want the Pro
No real ball save
Awesome game
Pinside contention

Enjoy

#2620 5 years ago

there is absolutely nothing new about this game. Same old same old from stern with absolutely no innovation and just b/c there is a knight in the middle doesn't help. Just my opinion - it just seems like I've played this game before a thousand times. Iron Maiden at least mixed it up with the shot layouts but munsters went right back to complete boredom and this game is following suit.

If you can't understand and see no difference in a PF like IMDN vs this game then you're already in too deep.

#2621 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Everyone wanted the LE/Premium, now want the Pro
No real ball save
Awesome game
Pinside contention
Enjoy

Thanks, that was way easier

#2622 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No clue what you are talking about. Modern stern has never made a game like this that I can think of. Stern is also not going to stop streaming games because the same people that rush to an LE everytime change their mind like they do on pretty much every title.
The game looks good, great art, pretty awesome looking light show, rocking sound track that is always going to depend on personal tastes, a unique new toy that is molded and sculpted with pretty awesome detail, in your face brutal gameplay that might make IM feel easy, cool theme, code that is yet to be determined. Overall one of sterns best offerings at this point in the release in my opinion. Lots to be determined, but a really cool looking game and a well done release.

respect your opinion and happy to hear you're looking forward to it. I predict an onslaught of disappointed people just like munsters as this is another snoozer from stern. There is just nothing about this game that makes me think stern even cares. I hope they change course for Jurassic and take a cue from IMDN to at least atempt to innovate.

#2623 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I am thinking "Ive got a golden ticket" and "Umpa Lumpa Dupity De" music is really gonna kill the crappy metal of Black Night!

Fuggin yay. Thanks for your "insight"

#2624 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Burrito burp recap:

-BK good, Stern good
-No upper pf on pro bad
-Stream of pro and LE good
-upper pf bad, Stern cheap

Can’t wait to flip it, wish it wasn’t this way on Pinside.

#2625 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Man there are so many friggin Losers in this site. Used to not be that way.

No question. I was a regular here a few years ago. Now for every useful comment you get you have to endure 10x the diatribe from The Pinside Guild of Whiny Little Bitches.

#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

respect your opinion and happy to hear you're looking forward to it. I predict an onslaught of disappointed people just like munsters as this is another snoozer from stern. There is just nothing about this game that makes me think stern even cares. I hope they change course for Jurassic and take a cue from IMDN to at least atempt to innovate.

I cant think of another toy in pinball like the knight. Seems pretty innovative too me. To each their own though.

#2627 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

No question. I was a regular here a few years ago. Now for every useful comment you get you have to endure 10x the diatribe from The Pinside Guild of Whiny Little Bitches.

This comment kinda makes you seem like a...whiny little bitch.

Just sayin'.

#2628 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This comment kinda makes you seem like a...whiny little bitch.
Just sayin'.

Got to live up to your name lol.

#2629 5 years ago

Just a friendly reminder that it's fine to like things other people don't like, and that it's fine to disagree with the masses. Think for yourself.

I still want an upper pf and I'm still in on an LE. I watched the whole stream and I still want an LE more than a pro.

I think the animations look great. Even if I didn't, who cares, how much do you look at your display? You should be happy they at least show the scores at all times.

I think the sound is great. If I didn't, I could just change it in pinball browser (or more likely let one of you whiners do it because you would rather listen to Kenny G then metal). None of you deserve this game.

I also don't really care that the magna-save button is now in the center of the lockdown bar. Adjust your strategies you old farts, it's not bk2k and you can't play it like it is. Boo hoo. On top of that, installing another flipper button on the side and rewiring my center button to it is not that difficult of a project if I decide the center button being magna-save is as big of a nightmare as you all make it out to be. But I probably won't, I'll probably just accept it because it's not a big deal. First you complain about how you only need to use the right flipper, and then you say you won't have a hand free to use magna save. Make up your mind.

The code looks pretty damn good. More than any other step in the right direction, it's nice to see a game that looks like it's actually close to being finished right on release.

You're all whiners and you don't deserve a game this good. Go listen to showtunes and play WoZ, this game isn't for you.

#2630 5 years ago

All i know is at this time tomorrow I will be flipping the game and I am flippin pumped!

#2631 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yes, you get a lag in the audio and the mic picks it up and trashes the sound.
Neil.

We have been doing it for years with sound on both.
Works great.
Never had a complaint.
Just have to keep game volume on low.

#2633 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

there is absolutely nothing new about this game. Same old same old from stern with absolutely no innovation and just b/c there is a knight in the middle doesn't help. Just my opinion - it just seems like I've played this game before a thousand times. Iron Maiden at least mixed it up with the shot layouts but munsters went right back to complete boredom and this game is following suit.
If you can't understand and see no difference in a PF like IMDN vs this game then you're already in too deep.

What game in the past 25 years has a similar layout to BKSOR LE? What toys are similar to the Black Knight toy? What other modern games have a player controlled magna-save over the outlanes? What other games have LEDs that simulate a giant fire in the back, what other games have a custom 'metal' soundtrack? What other Stern games are based off an original non-licensed pinball title? I can go on and on.....

I applaud Stern for actually taking a risk and doing something different and original with this game.

#2634 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What game in the past 25 years has a similar layout to BKSOR LE? What toys are similar to the Black Knight toy? What other modern games have a player controlled magna-save over the outlanes? What other games have LEDs that simulate a giant fire in the back, what other games have a custom 'metal' soundtrack? What other Stern games are based off an original non-licensed pinball title? I can go on and on.....

You forgot the one thing it has in common to get a lot of this type of criticism... It has a Stern name badge.

#2635 5 years ago

This machine is haunting me, I watched the stream and I put myself in the players heads and when anyone was lighting it up, and not really making it do things like complete bosses, but just blindly went after 6 ball multiball and got it going-

And then you keep it going... that was the hard part. Steve needs to remember we like tucking balls back in locks and multiplying our jackpots until we lock 5 balls and shoot the Chuck You Black Knight Quintuple Super Jackpot with the sixth ball and walk away a GC... if our Sword is charged all the way of course or does anyone remember those kinds of rulesets? Now I miss the jp shot and you make me fight all your minions to light locks to build back to 6 ball MB and I will play it all day. Let me trade qualified magnasaves for instant Sword Charge but only for the current ball and only for a relative amount of time per magnasave traded. Give me a Mystery Award that gives me the chance to make a choice and deal with the devil himself... Now that would be a nice easter egg mystery award to give out once in a blue moon.

#2636 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

... I watched the whole stream and I still want an LE more than a pro. ... I think the animations look great. ... I think the sound is great. ... None of you deserve this game. ... Adjust your strategies you old farts ... Boo hoo.
The code looks pretty damn good. ... You're all whiners and you don't deserve a game this good.

We're not worthy.gifWe're not worthy.gif

Hurry up and stream the damn game!

#2637 5 years ago

Lots of bk at the show....FB_IMG_1554953862073 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1554953862073 (resized).jpg

#2638 5 years ago

Hard to tell...are those 2 deep?

#2639 5 years ago

Put my deposit down on a Pro model, now the waiting game begins! Might try live streaming this one

#2640 5 years ago

Game looks to have potential!

Not a fan of the look of the Black Knight's castle though - reminds me of a cross between a termite mound and the Kraken.

#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

[quoted image]
Hurry up and stream the damn game!

Haha, as soon as it gets here I'll do an unbox, setup and gameplay stream. My expectation is next month sometime.

#2642 5 years ago

Renopinball will stream BKSOR when we receive our LE.

#2643 5 years ago

Clearly the most impressive thing about BKSoR is that I leaned it is okay to say fuck in my pinside posts. Thanks you awesome community of haters .

#2644 5 years ago

I don’t get it.....having the upper playfield is AMAZING! Wether you like it or not, it’s more game. 6 ball multiball people! Play the pro, play it for a few weeks, believe me, you will wish it had the upper playfield. The premium and Le has everything the pro has, plus the extra multiball and challenges...who wouldn’t want that?? Without that upper playfield, it’s kind of like every stern game. With it, it separates it from the ordinary.

#2645 5 years ago

I'm shocked at all the pro love.

#2646 5 years ago

Game reminds me of Iron Man - really brutal.

Hoping the rules match the layout.

#2647 5 years ago

To me, the game looked great. I don't know Tim, but being that this is his first game (as lead) and his passion in general for pinball, I have no qualms about this turning into something special. As for the upper playfield, yeah it feels like it was missing something, maybe not physically... maybe just more fanfare when you make shots. Steve did mention there was a switch that was disconnected, so we'll see what happens.

I'm genuinely excited to see how this game evolves. Steve is probably the best at giving his fans a game that get your adrenaline going. JJP games and other recent sterns (while still fun) haven't checked that mark. (for me anyway)

#2648 5 years ago

Still love the prem/LE, lack of a ramp / too much low playfield axed game on the pro.

Wait for full fonctionnal prem and improved code, still 2 month for prem delivery...lot of time.

Sure Steve and tim will takes all the "bad" remarks to improve it soon, and i'm still convinced that the reveal was precipitated by the "bug early video trailer"... reveal an bugged LE gameplay is not a Stern thing.

Let see what's futur will be

#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

who wouldn’t want that??

Me

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm shocked at all the pro love.

Why? some people really dislike upper and lower PF's. WW is one where I enjoy the upper PF as its just another shot not a mini game. Once you have targets and little ramps its over but we all like different things. My problem is the lack of 2 ramps, I need to play the game before I pass judgment but that is the biggest let down in the layout for me. Now a pro with no upper PF and a second ramp. Damn.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/53?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.