(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 81.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I heard strong source tomorrow reveal, only a LE and premium model

I overheard one of the Stern guys talking to Steve Ritchie out front of the hall at TPF and saying "you ready for the launch on Tuesday?" I wasn't eavesdropping so it's not like it was a top-secret discussion, and they might have just been screwing around, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow ...

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Loving the art from what I can see.

Agreed! Looks great, cant wait to see more.

#153 5 years ago

Way to re-post a picture on the same page, guy.

#154 5 years ago

REALLY excited for this title and I just got my Munsters LE 3 weeks ago!!!

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Way to re-post a picture on the same page, guy.

2 posts only and they’re both identical. I think he’s still learning.

Edit: and now he’s frozen and the 2nd post gone.
I’ll never understand how the moderation on this forum works. One of pinballs great mysteries.

#156 5 years ago

I hope the Choir Angels make a return!

You got the power! You got the might! Get ready for battle! Beat the black knight!
Ahhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Ahhh! Ahhhh!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

When SG bought WMS in 2013, it was a whole owned subsidiary until 2016, when it was completely absorbed into SG. A quick trip over to SG website shows WMS as a label only...and not under Bally, but side by side.
https://www.sggaming.com/

You're gonna use website layout as the citation for the legal entities and internal structure of a company... against the guy who actually interfaces with the humans and legal contracts in said organization?

#158 5 years ago

Dear Black Knight,
Please let there be at least one pop bumper in Swords of Rage.
Thank you.

#159 5 years ago

Love love love

#160 5 years ago

Looks pretty slick. Might have to go in on this!

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Dear Black Knight,
Please let there be at least one pop bumper.
Thank you.

no matter if we have the 2 magnets at the outlanes

#162 5 years ago

Hope there is an actual Sword being held by the Black Knight in LE and Premium versions. With some Easter eggs thrown into game.

Surprised Stern hasn't done much with LCDs as well hopefully that changes in coming years. Should be more games within the games.

#163 5 years ago

That looks pretty cool.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

REALLY excited for this title and I just got my Munsters LE 3 weeks ago!!!

Our Munsters LE’s arrive today and already it’s like:

64C19E82-6181-4AA3-B327-AD111C5DC5D7 (resized).jpeg64C19E82-6181-4AA3-B327-AD111C5DC5D7 (resized).jpeg
#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's Kerry King. I knew about this last week like a lot us, but didn't run my mouth off about it as to not piss off my source.
Also....SUPER STOKED!

Doesn't sound like Slayer tone to me. Yeah, it's badass, but Slayer'ish it's not.

#166 5 years ago

holy shit there's two spinners, this thing is going to cost at least $11.5k

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Co-signed. BK2K has unbeatable music and incredible art (best backglass ever?), but is terrible to play. Stay up top, loops all day, right flipper all day. When played well, the lower playfield and left flipper are never used

I’m “the system 11 guy” and I also endorse this comment. I have to bite my tongue when people say BK2K is a great game.

- yes, awesome soundtrack
- yes, looks awesome
- gameplay is bad. Ball returns to the right flipper every time. Shoot up the top again. All day. Again and again. Borrrrring.

I’ve been meaning to remove the wireform from under the WAR lanes, so the ball just flies off the upper playfield down randomly to the bottom - that would make it a much better and more interesting game!

rd

#168 5 years ago

As a guy who grew up in this business, I just got a chuckle out of stern making a pin theme made popular by williams.

I ordered one.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Hopefully it's not a snooze fest like BK2K

BK2K is not a snooze fest for anyone with a pulse (just kidding man ... to each their own ... I *love* BK2K, but there's also a lot of nostalgia there too ).

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

holy shit there's two spinners, this thing is going to cost at least $11.5k

Limited to 200 games too...this year lol.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I feel like Stern and PPS exactly know the legal entities that they have to license from and give credit to.

Wasn't questioning that. Was trying to determine what WEG is in relation to WMS, and how it fits inside of the parent company SG based on what's publically available.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You're gonna use website layout as the citation for the legal entities and internal structure of a company... against the guy who actually interfaces with the humans and legal contracts in said organization?

You've been an ass all day, following me around and downvoting any post I make.

Go home, you're drunk.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stay up top, loops all day, right flipper all day. When played well, the lower playfield and left flipper are never used.

You are 100% correct. However, keep in mind that a LOT of people that play pinball don't know "how" to play pinball. When you take strategy out of the equation, the game is a hell of a lot of fun to play . As I learned more about the playing side of pinball, I began to understand BK2K's weaknesses, but I still consider it my all time favorite regardless ... I cannot, to this day, get sick of that game. For whatever reason, it just resonates with me . Maybe if it came out today I'd be a bit more sour on it, but playing that game takes me right back to 1989 the minute I hit the start button .

On a side note, the fact that they got either Kerry King or Scott Ian to do the soundtrack on BKSoR is simply icing on the cake (hoping it's Ian ... it sure as hell sounds like his style in the video).

#174 5 years ago

Interesting that the "Sword of Rage" is actually Trademarked by Williams not Stern.

Why would Williams own the Trademark to a new game if it is licensed from a pre-existing game?

Some of you have said the video has already been taken down, so here it is again.

I guess my Avatar name was positively prescient! The only way "BK3000" would be any better is if they mixed BK2000 and Swords of Fury together!

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from BlackKnight3000:

Interesting that the "Sword of Rage" is actually Trademarked by Williams not Stern.
Why would Williams own the Trademark to a new game if it is licensed from a pre-existing game?
Some of you have said the video has already been taken down, so here it is again.
I guess my Avatar name was positively prescient! The only way "BK3000" would be any better is if they mixed BK2000 and Swords of Fury together!

It was probably part of the licensing negotiation that Williams gets to own it as it's based on their IP. I'm sure the contract allows Stern use of "Sword of Rage" in perpetuity with Williams attribution. Maybe Ritchie scribbled down the words "Sword of Rage" while on the clock back in the day.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe it'll be pinball's first quad level playfield?!

*cough* Pinball Circus *cough*

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Stern insider program dead in 3...2...1...

Sarcastic, but ... wait I love sarcasm.

Made me laugh out loud when I read it!

I’m excited to see this game! Love me some Steve Ritchie.

#178 5 years ago

Quoted from cooked71:

Nuestros Munsters LE llegan hoy y ya es como:[quoted image]

Jajajajajajajajajajaja

#179 5 years ago

I'm trying to understand why would they not use Texas as to launch?

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from BlackKnight3000:

Even if Ritchie came up with it, the deal might include SG/Williams owning it. They may use it for a slot machine.

#181 5 years ago

Nice promo. Instead of BK: SOR as the acronym I think it needs to be BK10K

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

You are 100% correct. However, keep in mind that a LOT of people that play pinball don't know "how" to play pinball. When you take strategy out of the equation, the game is a hell of a lot of fun to play . As I learned more about the playing side of pinball, I began to understand BK2K's weaknesses, but I still consider it my all time favorite regardless ... I cannot, to this day, get sick of that game. For whatever reason, it just resonates with me . Maybe if it came out today I'd be a bit more sour on it, but playing that game takes me right back to 1989 the minute I hit the start button .
On a side note, the fact that they got either Kerry King or Scott Ian to do the soundtrack on BKSoR is simply icing on the cake (hoping it's Ian ... it sure as hell sounds like his style in the video).

Couldn't have said that better myself. This is why I refuse to learn all the rules/strategies on games. I try to learn just enough to have fun....

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

the ball just flies off the upper playfield down randomly to the bottom - that would make it a much better and more interesting game!

I like that idea ... hmmmm

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’m “the system 11 guy” and I also endorse this comment. I have to bite my tongue when people say BK2K is a great game.

It IS, however, a great game to play while holding a beer in your left hand, and I'm 100% ok with that.

#185 5 years ago

From the cruddy blue tinted pic it looks like a major fan layout, almost like GoT, no?

Super cool they did this btw! I hope it has proper magna saves with buttons on the sides to activate!

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

- yes, awesome soundtrack
- yes, looks awesome
- gameplay is bad. Ball returns to the right flipper every time. Shoot up the top again. All day. Again and again. Borrrrring.
I’ve been meaning to remove the wireform from under the WAR lanes, so the ball just flies off the upper playfield down randomly to the bottom - that would make it a much better and more interesting game!
rd

I remember someone bringing a modified Black Knight to the Rocky Mountain Pinball Show a few years ago, when Billy Mitchell was there. It was very fun to play. Anyone have picture of that one or remember what the modifications were?
It was a fun game.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Too much noise?

#188 5 years ago

BK2K is a great game.

You blasphemous muthufuckuhs be crazy.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Because MGC is in Stern's backyard and is right around the corner!

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Too much noise?

Really, I thought I heard a pin drop at the JJP release.
What else came out of Texas? Show looked awesome but I saw no big news. Did I miss something?

#191 5 years ago

Probably didn't want to interfere with Munster sales.

Quoted from Skypilot:

#192 5 years ago

Looks like Stern had some leftover Aerosmith pro cabinets. The side artwork looks very similar.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

From the cruddy blue tinted pic it looks like a major fan layout, almost like GoT, no?
Super cool they did this btw! I hope it has proper magna saves with buttons on the sides to activate!

Yep first thing I thought of when I saw it was GoT pro

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

following me around and downvoting any post I make.

Don't flatter yourself. But if you had a problem you could have taken it to PM.

Back on topic - good to see PPS called out the bunkus too

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... are Black Knight 2000s and Black Knights going to spike in price now due to people wanting to have them side by side? BK2K is in my personal top 10. Interested to see how this one turns out.

Just bought a restored BK2K 3 weeks ago. Paid top dollar, So... hope so! Would be nice NOT losing money on a pin for once.

#196 5 years ago

Way cool so far...

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

20+ munsters to be shipped and sold... check
how many BlackKnights do you think are ready to ship yet?

Why compete in a crowded market for attention when you already have the event centered around munsters? the VIP event, celebrities, etc

#198 5 years ago

Let the price speculation on Prem and LE begin?

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Let the price speculation on Prem and LE begin?

If they're actually launching tomorrow we may not have much time to speculate. So fire away!

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Doesn't sound like Slayer tone to me. Yeah, it's badass, but Slayer'ish it's not.

Sounded closer to Kerry’s tone to me over Scott but another guy agrees with you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/4?hl=phantasmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.