(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 81.
#2351 5 years ago

Pro will sell well.

That clunk shot upper PF adds very very little for the price. Upper right flipper looks like a strugglefest.

That music must alternate, Its non stop loop will be a brain killer after 30 minutes.

Seems decent overall

#2352 5 years ago

The extended lore they created is awesome.

The sand snake, fire golem, skeleton army, and swamp monster are all killer...kind of a bummer that these excellent characters they created aren't on the actual playfield, but I get it.

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Maybe not for newb mllenials and basement-dwellers. But for the average pinball buyer it's just fine.

I was referring to the age 35-55 demographic. I don’t think many of them care for heavy metal? Maybe I’m wrong though? I’m 39 and no thanks. The only people I know that like it these days are 20 something year olds.

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I was referring to the age 35-55 demographic. I don’t think many of them care for heavy metal? Maybe I’m wrong though? I’m 39 and no thanks. The only people I know that like it these days are 20 something year olds.

I’m 43 and still love metal. Since 8th grade. Also the fact that Metallica and Iron Maiden are well received and sold well seems to not agree with your view.

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

I’m 43 and still love metal. Since 8th grade. Also the fact that Metallica and Iron Maiden are well received and sold well seems to not agree with your view.

53 and I still crank it up

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Game looks like fun, but I can’t get over how dated those animations look.

Haha I loved those animations. Was thinking Stern has figured out how to create graphics when you have none to start with. They are really setting a high bar.

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

35-55 IS the Metal age bracket. 100% of everyone in that age bracket listen to Metal. Anybody claiming different were cloned and are made of wax

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I was referring to the age 35-55 demographic. I don’t think many of them care for heavy metal? Maybe I’m wrong though?

Not maybe, u are wrong. Heavy Metal was huge in the 80's and was the birth decade of thrash and Death Metal etc. so a teenage fan in 85 is what almost 50 now. I'm 44 and am loving every minute it. Theres TNA if ur into the whole Polish Disco thing.

#2359 5 years ago

well after watching gameplay my initial reaction to the reveal is still the same. Another stern snoozer. 2 for 2 now - I'm hoping Jurassic World is the rebound game. We'll see.

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

I don’t consider Metallica death metal. Iron Maiden maybe. But IM playfield was so good many overlooked the music even if they didn’t care for it.

But maybe I’m wrong.

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Well first of all, I was commenting on the graphics and not the game as a whole, I actually said it looked fun. I also agree that your attention should be on the playfield, but that doesn’t change the fact that the animations are still pretty crude.

I totally get where you're coming from - the graphics do look a bit PS/2 era, (albeit a bit more hi-res) but seeing as this game is a continuation of the the original BK ('80) and BK2000 ('89) in particular, the visuals seem to fit the game IMO. I don't know much of the Spike 2 system, but I'm guessing that its processing power isn't inline with a PS4 or Xbox 1, high-end P.C., etc., so maybe that factors in? Either way, it appears we agree on the fact that it looks fun to flip. Cheers!

#2362 5 years ago

Very impressed by the Pro. Looks like a very good pinball for the money.

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don’t consider Metallica heavy metal. Iron Maiden maybe.

What? how long have u been hearing impaired sir? again not maybe, ur wrong

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

35-55 IS the Metal age bracket. 100% of everyone in that age bracket listen to Metal. Anybody claiming different were cloned and are made of wax

I’m in that bracket as are many friends. We like Metallica, GNR, etc but not heavy metal or really closer to “death” metal I guess you’d call it.

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not maybe, u are wrong. Heavy Metal was huge in the 80's and was the birth decade of thrash and Death Metal etc. so a teenage fan in 85 is what almost 50 now. I'm 44 and am loving every minute it. Theres TNA if ur into the whole Polish Disco thing.

Good points.

#2366 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You are wrong.

#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don’t consider Metallica heavy metal.

I want to say things, but I'm just out of replies, this post short circuited my brain and I need to let it reboot.

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What? how long have u been hearing impaired sir.

Maybe death metal is what I mean. I’m using the wrong term here. BK sounds closer to death metal to me. It was super repetitive too.

#2369 5 years ago

This machine is amazing. Everything i could have hoped for.

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I want to say things, but I'm just out of replies, this post short circuited my brain and I need to let it reboot.

I used the wrong term. Fixed. See above.

#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

We like Metallica, GNR

GNR is not Heavy Metal to me, but old Metallica anyway is Thrash Metal. Ah who cares anyway. As good as the soundtrack is for this game I would still love a full blown Death Metal or maybe all Slayer soundtrack.

#2372 5 years ago

This thread has turned into a

DA2E1A2D-84BC-47FC-80B6-731A5EF5D8D5 (resized).jpegDA2E1A2D-84BC-47FC-80B6-731A5EF5D8D5 (resized).jpeg
#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

GNR is not Heavy Metal to me, but old Metallica anyway is Thrash Metal. Ah who cares anyway. As good as the soundtrack is for this game I would still love a full blown Death Metal or maybe all Slayer soundtrack.

Yea I think I was using wrong term. Heavy metal, thrasher metal, death metal etc.

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Maybe death metal is what I mean. I’m using the wrong term here. BK sounds closer to death metal to me.

Wrong again. Man ur batting 1000 tonite. This is Death Metal

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I totally get where you're coming from - the graphics do look a bit PS/2 era, (albeit a bit more hi-res) but seeing as this game is a continuation of the the original BK ('80) and BK2000 ('89) in particular, the visuals seem to fit the game IMO. I don't know much of the Spike 2 system, but I'm guessing that its processing power isn't inline with a PS4 or Xbox 1, high-end P.C., etc., so maybe that factors in? Either way, it appears we agree on the fact that it looks fun to flip. Cheers!

Thanks, and I’m certainly not trying to say I expect XB1 graphics. The image I posted is from a mobile game that is 8 years old, far from a high-end console. I also own dmd games (that I love) so it’s not a deal breaker by any means, just an observation. Cheers.

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don’t consider Metallica death metal. Iron Maiden maybe. But IM playfield was so good many overlooked the music even if they didn’t care for it.
But maybe I’m wrong.

yeah... 2 for 2 so far. Iron Maiden is nothing near 'death metal'...

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wrong again. Man ur batting 1000 tonite. This is Death Metal

I’m sorry lol!!

I love Metallica, but don’t care for IMDN or the BK music. I assumed they were different genres.

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I didn't care for the short repetitive music tracks either. Bothered me also.

A short loop of that riff is stuck in my head on repeat. Can't get it out...

The game looks cool but the music would absolutely wear on me.

#2379 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

37 yr old Metallica, Iron Maiden owner. Going to see Maiden this summer. Met Metallica last year. Try again.

#2380 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

37 yr old Metallica, Iron Maiden owner. Going to see Maiden this summer. Met Metallica last year. Try again.

Catch up, we are past this. :p

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

The game looks cool but the music would absolutely wear on me.

Then grab a lollipop and get ready for Friday...

#2382 5 years ago

Stream looked good. Game looks super fun. And I love the taunts a lot. The shots and drains look tough. So probably a great game to have at home where you can really learn/master the machine and shots.

I love Tim Sexton's passion on this game. It's infectious.

Bottom line for me is I need to play it in order to want to buy it. I bought Iron Maiden Premium off the stream and it worked out. My favorite game so far. I put a deposit on Munsters, but waited to play it. To my surprise I didn't like it at all. For BK, I really need 20-30 games on it before I would take one home.

Now the wait for Friday. Which supposedly will "transform the landscape of pinball" with the reveals.

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow, are people really willing to pay 5 to 9k for mediocrity?

Ouch, That hurt!

#2384 5 years ago

I'm not shy about being critical of LCD graphics, but I honestly don't know what people expect either. Like, there's amateur hour that's not acceptable stuff out there, and that's one thing, and I could nitpick some boring font stuff that no one wants to hear, but look at this freaking Hell Hand. It wiggles around in a lifelike manner, flexing and flailing and grinning, it glows and throws shit at the screen, and generally looks creepy and evil. Is this really not up to our standards?

Like, be critical, I encourage it, but it feels like people just want to shit on things no matter what now. If this is something that makes you grumpy then maybe you're just looking for reasons to be grumpy.

I dunno, when I see something that looks like a Dungeons and Dragons beholder fucked the screaming Santa Cruz skateboard hand I'm into it. Maybe that's just me.

In motion here: https://clips.twitch.tv/MoralFancyHumanRiPepperonis

hellhand.jpghellhand.jpg

#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Catch up, we are past this. :p

Sorry, I guess I missed the part where you took back your wildly inaccurate statement

#2386 5 years ago

I did like the way the lane on the flail lit up like it was on fire. I thought that was pretty cool. The knight mechanical toy looks amazing and I like the way he lights up. I hope he’s more in your face throughout the game. I’d like to see him interact with you the way the alien does on AFM.

#2387 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sorry, I guess I missed the part where you took back your wildly inaccurate statement

It was wildly inaccurate. And I apologize for it.

#2388 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Ouch, that hurt!
No wait you tell us you bought an ACNC?

ACNC animations, art, sculpts, and rule creativity far surpass what I saw in that BK3 stream. I look forward to trying out the new BK, but at 6.5K price point, yeah...I'm totally content with my Alice Cooper that I'm picking up this weekend.

#2389 5 years ago

Aurich, I do agree, the Hell Hand did seem like a standout animation.

#2390 5 years ago

Every thread on pinside

56ABA620-61C9-4996-8014-68190E4A087D (resized).png56ABA620-61C9-4996-8014-68190E4A087D (resized).png
#2391 5 years ago

Early in the stream Jack said something about that he captures the LCD without his "box". What does this mean? Has this game a hdmi output?

#2392 5 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Aurich, I do agree, the Hell Hand did seem like a standout animation.

Come on guys, you can't fight true love.

beholder-santacruz.jpgbeholder-santacruz.jpg

#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not shy about being critical of LCD graphics, but I honestly don't know what people expect either. Like, there's amateur hour that's not acceptable stuff out there, and that's one thing, and I could nitpick some boring font stuff that no one wants to hear, but look at this freaking Hell Hand. It wiggles around in a lifelike manner, flexing and flailing and grinning, it glows and throws shit at the screen, and generally looks creepy and evil. Is this really not up to our standards?
Like, be critical, I encourage it, but it feels like people just want to shit on things no matter what now. If this is something that makes you grumpy then maybe you're just looking for reasons to be grumpy.
I dunno, when I see something that looks like a Dungeons and Dragons beholder fucked the screaming Santa Cruz skateboard hand I'm into it. Maybe that's just me.
[quoted image]

That’s what the hamburger helper hand looks like under the glove.. that’s even scarier to me.

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Every thread on pinside[quoted image]

100%, it’s way past old now.

#2395 5 years ago

Fast thoughts after watching the stream:

1. Art, animations, callouts and soundtrack are in your face metal and awesome. Music might get old / repetitive though I find it’s not usually the case if you’re actually playing vs watching. Some of the mode music was amazing.

2. Really fast and those center shots are unforgiving. I like!

3. Seems like the left flipper is for bounce passing to the right. This makes me sad.

4. LEGACY mode is the absolute best! Sound effects are amazing. Disappointed they only showed it once. I also noticed the spinner in legacy mode was the unlit BK spinner. WTF guys?! It HAS TO BE the LIT SPINNER! ...I also have no idea how you light the KNIGHT letters but nobody was doing it at all on the LE. Literally most players still only had the 2 left most letters lit on ball 3 (which are given to you when you start the game). Seems like an issue.

5. Upper playfield didn’t seem that exciting. 3 shots including the loop. Right flipper. Best part was the runway lights ramp shot through the flail.

It seems like it would be a short ball-time game and super mean, which I love, as well as the theme. But I’m going to need to play it before I pull the trigger.

#2396 5 years ago

This thread is nuttier than a port­a ­potty at a peanut festival

#2397 5 years ago

Looks good. I've seen enough that I don't want to see any more until my LE gets here and I discover this game on my own. The idea of reading more than the few posts above this one in this thread tonight also has no appeal to me at all. These types of thread are the lowest of the low on pinside. As mentioned above - dumpster fire. I don't want to spoil my high over getting a dream theme game from my favorite designer.

#2398 5 years ago

Looks very fun except looks like you can play with one flipper and use the left to hold extra balls.

I wish the leftmost shot was a ramp instead of VUK.

#2399 5 years ago

No drops on the upper PF?

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

LMAO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 210.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/48?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.