(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 81.
#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I said it was a solid all around pin a must have for folks that love bk theme. Its not a must have otherwise especially with so many new pins coming out this year and limited space. I hope it does well so they will do more original stuff.

I agree, not a must have. But with so many Sterns being churned out now going to be hard to differentiate one must have from another. Really going to come down to code over time I think.

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Glad I waited. More red gi? I'm just not liking the way this plays so far. Animations look cool but gameplay seems dull. Music is already starting to get repetitive (excessive double bass)
I think I'm going to go buy a Star Trek now though so thanks to Steve Ritchie either way.
Fingers crossed for Queen, Bttf or Bill and Ted.

Are they rumored titles coming?

#2303 4 years ago

LOVE the Hell-hand character. Kudos to the artist who designed and animated it.

I really like the music too. The Lich Lords mode track was quite nice.

#2304 4 years ago

LE looks pretty good, but I'll stick with the Pro model on this one. Plays faster and the upper playfield seems pretty limited anyways, just personal preference.

#2305 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Still better than Musters

And then you woke up!

#2306 4 years ago

That upper playfield looks pretty useless except for the ball lock. Pro seems the way to go.

#2307 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And then you woke up!

Now, now, dont be like that just because you are a Munsters owner. It is pretty widely considered a flop so far. I'm a Borg fan but that game is just not any fun

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Now, now, dont be like that just because you are a Munsters owner. It is pretty widely considered a flop so far. I'm a Borg fan but that game is just not any fun

Yeah, Munsters sucks unfortunately and don't think code is going to help much. A true Stern flop which should have been a great one.

#2309 4 years ago

Not sure how much I like the gameplay so far but that "Hell Hand" animation is Stern's best animation work to date, very nice.

#2310 4 years ago

Happy I'm in on a LE! Looks like a solid fun game to me

#2311 4 years ago

It's very hard for me to tell if I'm going to like shooting a game by watching a stream. Just doesn't translate well. It is more helpful for seeing if I'll like the sounds,display, and maybe the rules (depending on the stream). Especially upper/lower play fields are hard to judge. An upper play field might be a nice change of pace from the in your face speed of the rest of the table. upper/lower PFs almost always look boring though on streams.

Love the theme though -- if it shoots well it could be an exciting pin to own.

#2312 4 years ago

After watching the stream some not a huge fan of the upper PF just not my style. Pro seems fun and I'm excited to get the chance to play these games soon it's not a game I would purchase as I am being very specific in which games I buy as I'm running out of room but it does seem like a solid fun game to play.

#2313 4 years ago

solid game with good animations probably more of a notice when watching then when playing . Misses in the shots to the middle look deadly, what does the shot to the target under the knight do?

#2314 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure how much I like the gameplay so far but that "Hell Hand" animation is Stern's best animation work to date, very nice.

All the monsters are well done imo. Lots of expressive movement, good little idle loops. All they need to have, this isn't a video game, focus should be on the playfield. It's unapologetically heavy metal, and that's a good thing. There's character and attitude. Might not be for all, but that's fine, I couldn't care less about the Munsters for instance, but it seems to have made fans happy to see them.

I've been critical of some of the efforts on LCD screens as of late, so credit where it's due, Stern stepped up for this one. And without the crutch of pre-existing clips, which makes it way cooler to me. This blows away GOTG's LCD for instance in my mind as far as being fun and creative and integrated with the game.

#2315 4 years ago

just popped into the stream so haven't been able to see much. it looks like they have an iron maiden style 'power jackpot' display on the left side of the display. has there been any discussion about it? seems like it might not be coded at the moment?

#2316 4 years ago

Pro is the clear winner based on stream. Excitedto flip them both in two days!

#2317 4 years ago

Wow that is impressive, I wasn't expecting those kind of animations at all. Gameplay looks great, music great it certainly is a stunner. I'm in on the Pro.

#2318 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

LOVE the Hell-hand character. Kudos to the artist who designed and animated it.

Was that the hand with the eye on it? Reminds me of this great card game:

Dobble Card Game (resized).jpgDobble Card Game (resized).jpg

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Yeah, Munsters sucks unfortunately and don't think code is going to help much. A true Stern flop which should have been a great one.

Lol yeah ok. Munsters is actually very very good.

#2320 4 years ago

I thought it looked and played awesome! Premium all the way!

#2321 4 years ago

I liked what I have seen. But man this game looks brutal.

#2322 4 years ago

Game looks like fun, but I can’t get over how dated those animations look.

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I liked what I have seen. But man this game looks brutal.

Yup!

I'm think I'm too bad of a player for that...

I mean, with Deadpool Jack nearly finished the game (if they didn't tell him not to) and here the Keith Elwins of the world were pretty much beaten up...

#2324 4 years ago

Scoring needs to be modified.... Problem when the super skill is 30x jackpot value. The hurry ups are 18x and you can get 15x from mystery. A lot of cool other things going on tho.

#2325 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I have no idea what you're talking about. For a pinball machine they look great.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Its a dated theme

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Flop? Ha ha who the fuck says that it’s amazing

#2328 4 years ago

Meaning I can pay 5 bucks on a mobile game app and get far better graphics.

C6D8D41D-33AD-448C-9169-1976ECB40C57 (resized).jpegC6D8D41D-33AD-448C-9169-1976ECB40C57 (resized).jpeg
#2329 4 years ago

Be great if there were more call out & taunts from the knight so you feel like battling him more .

#2330 4 years ago

Looks like the best BK of all three, looking forward to playing it.

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Meaning I can pay 5 bucks on a mobile game app and get far better graphics.[quoted image]

Pinball gives you infinite resolution, framerate, top notch physics engine and force feedback!

#2332 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

While playing pinball, isn't your focus supposed to be mainly on the playfield anyways? Not to mention, not very long ago the graphics were displayed via orange or red dots on a plasma screen. No matter how you slice it, this is quite an improvement! Think of it this way - you should be happy seeing as many mobile apps cost $1 and many are even free. Stern just personally saved you between $6k and $9k!

#2333 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I have no idea what you're talking about. For a pinball machine they look great.

Wow, are people really willing to pay 5 to 9k for mediocrity?

#2334 4 years ago

if you'd like to see the old time mode was at 46 minutes on stream.

I think the pro may be the way to go with this pin, not sure the upper PF is worth all that much to me.

#2335 4 years ago

Is this Black Knight or Mace: The Dark Age?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Guess so lmao. I used to complain about the animations and then I realized all these games with crappy displays didn't stop me from enjoying those games immensely. They are taking a step in the right direction and I applaud them for that. Can't wait for my LE

#2337 4 years ago

I am not yet convinced I want to listen to the thuppida thuppida thuppida drums and squeeling guitar riffs the entire time I play the game, that feels like it could get old fast. I like the new take on the old BK2K theme, but the new soundtrack was getting on my nerves pretty quick. Brutal? yeah to my ears... I liked the game flow, the animations were cool, the flow through the machine nice, a lot of BK DNA is in the mix on the LE/Prem. The Flail reject is brutal from right flipper, but so is the shield from left. Short table game better be on point. That upper pf works just like the old BK2k, bumping it as it comes around from the left to pitch it into the flipper... the six ball MB was cool, I would be shooting for that all the time.

Nice game, I like the design, but the music went just to too far off the BK2K rails for me. Maybe I will pick up a Premium on the secondary market when someone gets tired of the heavy metal meltdown soundtrack.

Maybe it needs an adjustment in the menu for music...My Little Pony, Easy Listening, Hard Rock, and the default Face-melting Heavy Metal Ear Canal Nuclear Assault...

#2338 4 years ago

The animations are impressive. The monsters are original art and they look awesome. They couldn't use video clips out of movies like on Hobbit, Star Wars or PotC and I think the design of the bosses are realy good.

#2339 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

And that folks is known as a backhanded compliment

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am not yet convinced I want to listen to the thuppida thuppida thuppida drums and squeeling guitar riffs the entire time I play the game, that feels like it could get old fast. I like the new take on the old BK2K theme, but the new soundtrack was getting on my nerves pretty quick. Brutal? yeah to my ears... I liked the game flow, the animations were cool, the flow through the machine nice, a lot of BK DNA is in the mix on the LE/Prem. The Flail reject is brutal from right flipper, but so is the shield from left. Short table game better be on point. That upper pf works just like the old BK2k, bumping it as it comes around from the left to pitch it into the flipper... the six ball MB was cool, I would be shooting for that all the time.
Nice game, I like the design, but the music went just to too far off the BK2K rails for me. Maybe I will pick up a Premium on the secondary market when someone gets tired of the heavy metal meltdown soundtrack.
Maybe it needs an adjustment in the menu for music...My Little Pony, Easy Listening, Hard Rock, and the default Face-melting Heavy Metal Ear Canal Nuclear Assault...

Yea I don’t get the heavy metal choice. The demographic of your average pinballer is probably not a heavy metal fan lol.

#2341 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

There's a way to configure the BK2000 sounds instead.

#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

And that folks is known as a backhanded compliment

A3C243B9-BC60-4E64-B2D6-1215815C935B (resized).jpegA3C243B9-BC60-4E64-B2D6-1215815C935B (resized).jpeg
#2343 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am not yet convinced I want to listen to the thuppida thuppida thuppida drums and squeeling guitar riffs the entire time I play the game, that feels like it could get old fast. I like the new take on the old BK2K theme, but the new soundtrack was getting on my nerves pretty quick.

Nice game, I like the design, but the music went just to too far off the BK2K rails for me.
Maybe it needs an adjustment in the menu for music....

I didn't care for the short repetitive music tracks either. Bothered me also.

#2344 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

While playing pinball, isn't your focus supposed to be mainly on the playfield anyways? Not to mention, not very long ago the graphics were displayed via orange or red dots on a plasma screen. No matter how you slice it, this is quite an improvement! Think of it this way - you should be happy seeing as many mobile apps cost $1 and many are even free. Stern just personally saved you between $6k and $9k!

Well first of all, I was commenting on the graphics and not the game as a whole, I actually said it looked fun. I also agree that your attention should be on the playfield, but that doesn’t change the fact that the animations are still pretty crude.

#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Its a dated theme

As are most modern pinball themes TWD GOT DI are not but Munster IM WW all dated

#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Well than thats what u should do. They look amazing for a pinball machine I don't want video game quality graphics it wouldn't look right in my opinion. The whole game has more of a cartoon style than high end console graphics so it fits.

#2347 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

There's a way to configure the BK2000 sounds instead.

If that is true, that would be how I would play it. Is that selectable by operator only or by the player? I would give it to the player at game start with a double flip cancel for default then keep that mode as long as there are credits on the machine. Ask once after a power cycle? Many ways to do that. And not much differnt that IMDN or name the music pin...

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea I don’t get the heavy metal choice. The demographic of your average pinballer is probably not a heavy metal fan lol.

Maybe not for newb mllenials and basement-dwellers. But for the average pinball buyer it's just fine.

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

As are most modern pinball themes TWD GOT DI are not but Munster IM WW all dated

Nothing wrong with a dated theme IMO.

#2350 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

LOL people are willing to pay far more than that for mediocrity but this game is not mediocrity

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.