(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 81.
#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

This is either lost in translation or you've had too much to drink

Sorry, I just wanted to compare two things noone has asked about and that have absolutely no context to anything just like the person I'm was quoting.

I know we all type... SOMETHING... just to bear the wait.
Really looking forward to this!

I'm sober... but it's very late. Better off to bed now! :-*

#2202 5 years ago

Sent the check out today for my LE.
I contemplated waiting to see the live stream before I sent the check, in the very off chance that I didnt like BKSOR. But at the end of the day this purchase isnt about whether or not it is a good game. Its about thanking Stern and Steve Ritchie for bringing the Black Knight back to life.
Ive owned 3 BK2K, and 2 BK in my 6 years in the hobby. Ive done a playfield swap and added gold armor to a BK, check my post "gold black knight," a complete restore. Ive stripped BK2Ks down to the wood and polished them by hand. I love the theme above all... and now Stern and Steve are deepening the story line of the Black Knight. 30 after BK2K... and almost 40 years after the original. Take a step back and appreciate how amazing and almost surreal that is. Take my damn money! I am beyond grateful that this is happening what a great time to be in the hobby.

20190408_212111 (resized).jpg20190408_212111 (resized).jpg
#2203 5 years ago

Will actually be cool to see a pic of someone that buys BKSOR and has it lined up with the past 2 BKs in their collection

#2204 5 years ago

Anybody guess whether the BKSoR topper will work on all three models? What’s the guess on cost?

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody guess whether the BKSoR topper will work on all three models? What’s the guess on cost?

I’m sure it will. My guess is 499.

#2206 5 years ago

I don't want to piss on anyone's dream theme etc. but this is the most impressive (to me) game Stern has done and I have not seen the actual gameplay so my opinion is subject to change. But I am super excited about this pin more than anything in a long time. Guess it goes back to me bing a D&D geek and also the music is so great. what I've heard anyway. I have not played any of the older BK games so it's not that kind of nostalgia but just the theme, sound, art and reading the rules just ticks all the boxes. I'm selling my STLE (which I like a lot but not my dream pin by any means) to have my spot (and so my wife won't kill me) for BK (or possibly Wonka) but looking more like BK at the moment because of the D&D vibe (Litch Lord etc.).

waiting for the dedflip stream

ps this is a pin that all three options have a place and I ***Love*** the the pro will still have color changing inserts, full knight toy and nice led back wall. I realize that the upper PF was sacrifice but to me the knight toy was not sacrificed and the Leds so they have kept a lot of premium type features in the pro.

pro (may play faster and cheaper)
premium (middle price with most the features of LE better art maybe?)
LE (maybe better art can't decide and some cool feature not found on premium like speakers, and back glass)

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't want to piss on anyone's dream theme etc. but this is the most impressive (to me) game Stern has done and I have not seen the actual gameplay so my opinion is subject to change. But I am super excited about this pin more than anything in a long time. Guess it goes back to me bing a D&D geek and also the music is so great. what I've heard anyway. I have not played any of the older BK games so it's not that kind of nostalgia but just the theme, sound, art and reading the rules just ticks all the boxes. I'm selling my STLE (which I like a lot but not my dream pin by any means) to have my spot (and so my wife won't kill me) for BK (or possibly Wonka) but looking more like BK at the moment because of the D&D vibe (Litch Lord etc.).
waiting for the dedflip stream
ps this is a pin that all three options have a place and I ***Love*** the the pro will still have color changing inserts, full knight toy and nice led back wall. I realize that the upper PF was sacrifice but to me the knight toy was not sacrificed and the Leds so they have kept a lot of premium type features in the pro.
pro (may play faster and cheaper)
premium (middle price with most the features of LE better art maybe?)
LE (maybe better art can't decide and some cool feature not found on premium like speakers, and back glass)

Come to your senses, man, don’t sell your STLE—just add BKSOR!

#2208 5 years ago

Ball caps needed ....

Have you hugged your Lich Lord today?

My Lich Lord is an honors student at Black Knights Academy.

#2209 5 years ago

Today's the day!!! Pretty excited to see this beast in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0AmwiaCh_400x400.jpg0AmwiaCh_400x400.jpg
#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I contemplated waiting to see the live stream before I sent the check, in the very off chance that I didnt like BKSOR. But at the end of the day this purchase isnt about whether or not it is a good game. Its about thanking Stern and Steve Ritchie for bringing the Black Knight back to life.....

Really? I am not knocking this machine - looks great and I may buy one but I have to play it first.
What you are saying is all stern needs to do for you is bring out/back a theme you like and they can take your money.

Munsters was probably one of my top 5 themes, but I am not buying yet based on reviews and the flip time I have had so far. Maybe if code improves the game they will get my money, but not shelling out $7,000 + just to thank Stern for producing a dream theme of mine.

Every purchase should be about whether or not it's a total great package - gameplay included

I am excited to flip this machine, hoping it lives up to the hype!!

#2211 5 years ago

I wasnt addressing you with that comment. BKSOR is undeniably badass looking. Ill take the risk/gamble on it. And ill watch the stream tonight to gauge if i made a good bet. I couldnt risk the chance of not getting an LE.

#2212 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I wasnt addressing you with that comment. BKSOR is undeniably badass looking. Ill take the risk/gamble on it. And ill watch the stream tonight to gauge if i made a good bet. I couldnt risk the chance of not getting an LE.

I agree great initial looks, theme and sound but the pin needs a good follow through (code, lights, scoring etc,). I think Steve Ritchie has more clout / passion than some other designers. Also this is really his baby in that it’s the third BK pin or him.

I don’t want to say anything bad about Borg since I love his pins owning 4 of his pins. But sometimes I get the feeling he doesn’t care what the theme is, just give him a topic and he’ll have a pin up and flipping. Munster, Gotg, Aerosmith, Kiss some pins like Munsters I just don’t get a feel for. I mean sure it’s got Munsters art and call outs but there is not really anything that sets it apart from half a dozen other Borg puns nothing that screams Munsters to me.

#2213 5 years ago

In the April fools BK stream, Steve mentioned that there is a lot of risk in this pin. Stern basically said OK to an "unlicensed" theme (I use it in quotes because it technically licensed from Williams, but its not like a movie/band type license). They haven't really done anything unlicensed in a long time. So if you want to see more original stuff from Stern, then this needs to do well. I also think that since its Tim Sextons first lead programmer gig, he really wants it to shine. He seems passionate about making it amazing. I really am hoping he is a mini Lyman

#2214 5 years ago

Hopefully it's no multiplier fest coded game.

#2215 5 years ago

I don’t know Tim Sexton but he’s a top player hopefully that will translate to him knowing a lot of pins what is good rules, what is fun not make it some kind of video game RPG like world of Warcraft. That’s fine to have some rpg elements but it needs to be pinabll first and foremost. The throwback mode sounds like fun.

I said several times the music sounds great. Can’t believe the talent they got on this pin sound, art, design. The code is unknown but hope for the best.

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Hopefully it's no multiplier fest coded game.

I do too to not over the top but just enough.

I have STLE think ST code is its biggest weakness, it seems like many times the scoring is very flat overall. I know can double the PF with warp ramp or combo shots double the points of that shot but further combos don’t add anything more than double. But the double PF shots that you work so hard to achieve don’t really add that much they don’t quadruple on combo shot 2x + 2x combo they just make the shots behave like combo shots. So there is not a lot of big points except grinding the medals and then maybe time the PF doubler to when the medals add up. And I think the medal count is really static not like when you get pints by doing a shot during the gameplay.

#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

In the April fools BK stream, Steve mentioned that there is a lot of risk in this pin. Stern basically said OK to an "unlicensed" theme (I use it in quotes because it technically licensed from Williams, but its not like a movie/band type license).

Agree, There is risk but this release is built around an established Black Knight license. So there is brand recognition... Not to mention the medieval/Metal vibe is still hot. You have GOT premiering this weekend which will help marketing a bit over the next 3- 4 months and help drive the subliminal theme.

I believe the financial reward could be somewhat higher for Stern. The licensing fees I am sure are substantially lower than normal and the machine doesn't appear to have anything overly expensive incorporated so it is possible that the margins for Stern could be higher.

I think the biggest risk is if the game doesn't meet the high expectations it could tarnish the end of a spectacular legacy for Mr Ritchie...

#2218 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't think he said "soon". In a recent interview around TPF with someone from Stern that was even more vague... couple of years vague.

Perhaps "soon" wasn't the exact quote, but "couple of years" is soon in my book.

#2219 5 years ago

There might be brand recognition for collectors/people in the scene, but location play is still their bread and butter. If operators don't buy it, it probably wont do well enough. From the looks alone the toys look awesome, so I don't see there being a problem in this specific case. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

#2220 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

There might be brand recognition for collectors/people in the scene, but location play is still their bread and butter. If operators don't buy it, it probably wont do well enough. From the looks alone the toys look awesome, so I don't see there being a problem in this specific case. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

Totally agree, I think this will do very well on location... Def an eye catcher!!! I can't wait to hear the attract call outs... Lotta potential there. LoL

#2221 5 years ago

I ordered a premium the other day and I am going to try to avoid watching the dedflip stream so I can draw my own conclusions.

#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t know Tim Sexton but he’s a top player hopefully that will translate to him knowing a lot of pins what is good rules, what is fun not make it some kind of video game RPG like world of Warcraft. That’s fine to have some rpg elements but it needs to be pinabll first and foremost. The throwback mode sounds like fun.
I said several times the music sounds great. Can’t believe the talent they got on this pin sound, art, design. The code is unknown but hope for the best.

I played in league with Tim for a while before he moved to take his job with Stern. Still see him at tournies now and then. I don't know him as well as some may, but I'm sure he understands that risk/reward creates excitement, rules that are straightforward enough that can be easily grasped (but that are deep enough to keep coming back), and little, game specific nuances are what makes pinball fun.

I wouldn't sweat it. It seems that actual pinball players (KME, LFS, etc.) actually know what makes a game fun and exciting, and can apply it to their own creations...

#2223 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I can't wait to hear the attract call outs...

“The Black Knight detects money in your pocket- “
“The Black Knight knows a Pussy when he sees one-”
“Buy The Black Knight Sword of Rage- You wife will never find out”

“Get Ready for Battle- You think you can beat me?!? No way!!!”
“I got your Sword of Rage hanging right here Mother F<bleep>kers!”
“Your mama sure liked her some Black Knight’s Sword of Rage last night, Mmm Mmm”

“Once you’ve gone Black, there’s no Turning back!”
“You don’t have the steel balls to defeat me!”
“I am sure there are ‘Good People’ on both sides of the flippers, both sides-“

“I Flail my steel balls in your general direction, you sons of a silly person-”
“Forget the Sword of Rage baby, here come my Balls of Steel!”
“The Black Knight will slay you... please tip your servers... Try the veal, I am here till next Thursday...”

“Can’t we just be friends?!?”

#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

“I got your Sword of Rage hanging right here Mother F&lt;bleep&gt;kers!”
“Your mama sure liked her some Black Knight’s Sword of Rage last night, Mmm Mmm”
“The Black Knight will slay you... please tip your servers... Try the veal, I am here till next Thursday...”

I see some pinball browser action coming up!

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Haha, Best post in years !!

#2226 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I ordered a premium the other day and I am going to try to avoid watching the dedflip stream so I can draw my own conclusions.

Watch it on mute. Then you can do both

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Quoted from tilted81:

Watch it on mute. Then you can do both

Good point. I didn’t order and want to watch the dead flip for more information like rules etc.

I understand the not wanting to know aspect, mean don’t read a video game guide because that’ll just solve the game for you takes the fun away. But to me Pinball is different because knowing what to do is separate from actually doing it. I know Potc Stern or Tron like the back of my hand but still enjoy trying to complete the goals.

I’ll need to see/play a lot before I buy because I’m selling a pin to make room.

But I do appreciate the newness factor. I sold STLE 2 years ago bought it back just now. It’s still great but it’s not *new* with the joy of playing it for the first times.

#2228 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I contemplated waiting to see the live stream before I sent the check, in the very off chance that I didnt like BKSOR. But at the end of the day this purchase isnt about whether or not it is a good game. Its about thanking Stern and Steve Ritchie for bringing the Black Knight back to life.

Hopefully you paid retail ($8,999). Nothing says "thank you" like paying the full rate.

#2229 5 years ago

I left the check blank.

#2230 5 years ago

We have an LE available if anyone missed out! Can’t wait for the stream and looking forward to unboxing soon.

#uptherage

Zach
Flip N Out Pinball

#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We have an LE available if anyone missed out! Can’t wait for the stream and looking forward to unboxing soon.
#uptherage
Zach
Flip N Out Pinball

Can't dump these losers eh? I'll give you $8k CDN for it. FIRESALE!

#2232 5 years ago

Has it started yet?

#2233 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

How about "I have your Balls." or "your Balls are mine."

#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Has it started yet?

45 minutes i believe

#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

so I can draw my own conclusions.

Don’t you know that is banned on Pinside? Group think only.

#2237 5 years ago

30 minutes...

#2238 5 years ago

So do we know exactly how many minutes after the stream starts everyone will start complaining and telling everyone they will be selling their spot in line?

#2239 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So do we know exactly how many minutes after the stream starts everyone will start complaining and telling everyone they will be selling their spot in line?

Oh about 3.
Then step in some JJP fanboys.....
Aaaaaaaand on to the next title.
Pinside style

#2240 5 years ago

Not sure I would complain. Unless it looks like Airball / Ghostbusters and dimples instantly after playing. Or 100 pinside folks say its a flop.
I mean like if Pinside says its bad I'll take that as the Truth. Still loving my SWLE.

#2241 5 years ago

Anyone confirmed whether Deadflip will be playing a Pro or Premium? I am really hoping it's a premium.

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Anyone confirmed whether Deadflip will be playing a Pro or Premium? I am really hoping it's a premium.

It's supposed to be both.....but they would never have just a Premium on the first stream.

#2243 5 years ago

Unfortunately i cant watch it live ill catch it in a little. Better grab that LE cause after this stream these things are going to be flying off the shelves.

#2244 5 years ago

Stream dead for everyone else too?

#2245 5 years ago

Would love to see a "remake" of Pharaoh too!
Oh, they did already???
It's called what?
Iron Maiden?
LOL

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Stream dead for everyone else too?

It's on for me.

#2247 5 years ago

First thing i wish they wld of did was make all the inserts rgb... 3/4of it is ... to bad they just didn't finish them.

#2248 5 years ago

This game puts tears in my eye. From an Eye Candy perspective I'm way oversold

#2249 5 years ago

Hopefully that right orbit feed gets fixed... its hitting the top of the sling

#2250 5 years ago

Stream is AMAZING, They are going to play an LE after the pro....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/45?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.