(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 81.
#2151 5 years ago

Just wait.......it gets better. Lol

#2152 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just wait.......it gets better. Lol

in exactly 48 hours looking forward!

#2153 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

My point is that I want to look at this thread because I'm interested in the game. I think I was pretty clear when I asked specifically about the moderation of this forum. If this is how things go around here, then fair enough.

Use the report link... or start a moderator feedback thread if you want a discussion on the matter.

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Compare the effort on POTC compared with any Stern Maybe cabinet cracking and playfield quality? How about a brand new company being the first to innovate with the LCD and LEDS... Its all a bit sad really.

Stern's AC/DC Premium/LE was the first game with RGB LEDs, not WOZ.

Steve is quite proud of that, and will point that fact out to those who mistakenly thinks it's WOZ.

#2155 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Use the report link... or start a moderator feedback thread if you want a discussion on the matter.

Heh, I'm sure that's been done like 100 times already, so I'm not going to pile on. I'm definitely not looking to ruffle feathers, I'm mainly trying to understand the way things flow around here. The derails in this thread, I feel, detract from it. But if that's okay with the folks that run the place then who am I to argue?

In the meantime I'll just scroll past the stuff I think is , and enjoy the anticipation for what I think is going to be an awesome game!

#2156 5 years ago

What are the chances Stern utilizes that new co-op system, internet capable BKSOR? They were talking about something werent they? Well what better time to release it.

#2157 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Steve is quite proud of that, and will point that fact out to those who mistakenly thinks it's WOZ.

I did not know that, thanks.

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yeah after they knew WOZ was coming out with them.... Of course given the innovators that you say they are, they decided to use shit parts for the gun ironically also designed by SR who did a better version on T2. So it aint the designers that are the problem.....

#2159 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Heh, I'm sure that's been done like 100 times already, so I'm not going to pile on. I'm definitely not looking to ruffle feathers, I'm mainly trying to understand the way things flow around here. The derails in this thread, I feel, detract from it. But if that's okay with the folks that run the place then who am I to argue?
In the meantime I'll just scroll past the stuff I think is , and enjoy the anticipation for what I think is going to be an awesome game!

Not sure about the size of the forum you run, but have you looked at how many posts are running on pinside? I'm sure they'll accept you as a volunteer if you want to police forums to be sure they stay as narrow as you feel they should be.

#2160 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

WOZ was announced in 2011, ACDC 2012. ACDC did ship first and the game contains 16 "tri color" inserts (same as RGB?). WOZ shipped with 100% RGB GI and insert lighting. That's a first and I don't believe Stern has offered a game yet with 100% RGB GI and inserts? Still regret selling my ACDC premium some days, great game.

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

WOZ was announced in 2011, ACDC 2012. ACDC did ship first and the game contains 16 "tri color" inserts (same as RGB?). WOZ shipped with 100% RGB GI and insert lighting. That's a first and I don't believe Stern has offered a game yet with 100% RGB GI and inserts? Still regret selling my ACDC premium some days, great game.

Not fact but I think Star Trek (Premium/LE) would be the closest. RGB inserts, not GI.

#2162 5 years ago

Debating minutiae on technology and innovations. Nobody buying the games cares who invented or utilized what first.

If the game is good, it will sell

#2163 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I'm kind of new here, but I also run a forum. Are the mods normally this passive? Because this thread has gone way the fuck off the rails, and has become kind of a drag. I'm super excited about about BKSOR, and all this Stern vs JJP stuff (at least in this thread—I suppose there is a place for it) is annoying.

Quoted from StoneyFL:

I think I was pretty clear when I asked specifically about the moderation of this forum. If this is how things go around here, then fair enough.

If you have issues or questions with the way moderation is handled on this forum, open a mod feedback thread.

Note that this is not a Stern BK Club / Owner thread - moderation would have been less "passive" then.

We will probably see Black Knight vs JJP XXX buying advice thread(s) once JJP game is revealed.
In the meantime I don't see why JJP stuff should not be allowed here as long as it's not trolling or actively trying to derail the thread.

When a thread starts to be very long (we are at over 2,000 posts here), looking at key posts may help to quickly find useful information / reduce noise.
Check TOPIC INDEX (KEY POSTS) at the top of the page, below gallery.

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

We will probably see Black Knight vs JJP XXX buying advice thread(s) once JJP game is revealed.
In the meantime I don't see why JJP stuff should not be allowed here as long as it's not trolling or actively trying to derail the thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-fury-or-willy-wonka

#2165 5 years ago
Knight..jpgKnight..jpgKnight.jpgKnight.jpg
#2166 5 years ago
Black Knight.jpgBlack Knight.jpgKnight Promise.jpgKnight Promise.jpg
#2168 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Announced is meaningless. Announced doesn't mean final product will ship with those features (ala JJP's Pirates).

AC/DC beat WOZ by a year for a game containing RGB lighting.

GOTG Premium/LE has all RGB inserts and GI.

#2169 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah after they knew WOZ was coming out with them....

Hogwash. Stern couldn't give a shit about JJP in the 2011/2012 time era. I'm not sure that they give a shit in 2019.

RGB LED lighting was going to happen in pinball regardless. Stern had already been moving to regular LEDs on their LE models, so the rest was inevitable as prices dropped.

#2170 5 years ago

Who is going to do co op online pinball first is my question. I want to play against you guys head to head over the internet

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Who is going to do co op online pinball first is my question. I want to play against you guys head to head over the internet

I could see this working with a retrofit kit on Deadpool. PVP or cooperative.

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hogwash. Stern couldn't give a shit about JJP in the 2011/2012 time era. I'm not sure that they give a shit in 2019.
RGB LED lighting was going to happen in pinball regardless. Stern had already been moving to regular LEDs on their LE models, so the rest was inevitable as prices dropped.

But if you really look at it they don't do the full-rgb treatment for inserts in a lot of their games, even the Premium/LED version of some of them. RGB GI is even less common in Stern, I'm not convinced that is such a bad thing but it is the truth.

#2173 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

But if you really look at it they don't do the full-rgb treatment for inserts in a lot of their games, even the Premium/LED version of some of them. RGB GI is even less common in Stern, I'm not convinced that is such a bad thing but it is the truth.

That's a separate debate, and a more subjective one.

This debate was about parts.

#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Multimorphic has competitive online play in Heads Up and #cosmic-cart-racing . George Gomez has also said that online features are coming soon to Stern titles. I'm sure some co-op play will show up, too, once the infrastructure is in place.

#2175 5 years ago
Quoted from Seraph:

Multimorphic has competitive online play in Heads Up and #cosmic-cart-racing . George Gomez has also said that online features are coming soon to Stern titles. I'm sure some co-op play will show up, too, once the infrastructure is in place.

I don't think he said "soon". In a recent interview around TPF with someone from Stern that was even more vague... couple of years vague.

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Sure.. They were never concerned about competition or the embarrassment of a better quality product. Dam your blind.

#2179 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I like all pinball companies. What a great time to be alive

that's just crazy talk bringing your "happy, happy, joy, joy", feel good comments in here. what were you thinking?

#2180 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Just imagine an updated f14,f35 the new Steve Ritchie head to head dog fight linked like NBA Fastbreak on location and via Internet in the home.

#2181 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Sure.. They were never concerned about competition or the embarrassment of a better quality product. Dam your blind.

Yes, because in 2011 when Stern had been solo for over a decade, they were quaking in their boots when Jack announced WOZ.

Damn, you're naive.

#2182 5 years ago

My question, is have they gone to FULL rgb lighting like JJP? Those are impressive, unlike the ones in Star Trek Premium which don't have full range. I'll be super excited if BK has those kinds of LED's

#2183 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My question, is have they gone to FULL rgb lighting like JJP? Those are impressive, unlike the ones in Star Trek Premium which don't have full range. I'll be super excited if BK has those kinds of LED's

Star Trek Premium/LE RGB's have full range.

The color changers in Star Trek Pro (the shot arrows) do not have full range. I think they did like 8 or 9 colors.

#2184 5 years ago

Steve Ritchie on Star Trek's RGB capabilities and beating WOZ to market.

#2185 5 years ago

Feel free to take your blinky light debate to pm.

#2186 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes, because in 2011 when Stern had been solo for over a decade, they were quaking in their boots when Jack announced WOZ.
Damn, you're naive.

so that would mean the games made today are at the same level as those between 2001 and 2011. hmmm right. IJ, RCT etc are just as good as Maiden. Yep you know what your talking about. Art hasnt improved, gameplay... you need to quit while your behind

#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Announced is meaningless. Announced doesn't mean final product will ship with those features (ala JJP's Pirates).
AC/DC beat WOZ by a year for a game containing RGB lighting.
GOTG Premium/LE has all RGB inserts and GI.

GOTG doesn't look to have RGB GI. I don't believe Stern has put a game out to date with 100% GI and insert lighting. Hopefully one day.

Screenshot_20190408-145842_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190408-145842_Drive (resized).jpg

#2188 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GOTG doesn't look to have RGB GI. I don't believe Stern has put a game out to date with 100% GI and insert lighting. Hopefully one day.
[quoted image]

Hopefully THIS ONE! I'm hoping this one is like Maiden but with full transitional range RGB. It's time Stern!

#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hopefully one day.

JJP can ship a game in a timely manner and without a boatload of issues

#2190 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Steve Ritchie on Star Trek's RGB capabilities and beating WOZ to market.

That seems to be a much deeper and nicer blue than production

#2191 5 years ago

Can't find anything to nit-pick...

Must continue looking, can't afford...

#2192 5 years ago

Looks like Deadflip stream tomorrow will be both Pro and Premium.

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 3.11.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-08 at 3.11.09 PM (resized).png
#2193 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

so that would mean the games made today are at the same level as those between 2001 and 2011. hmmm right. IJ, RCT etc are just as good as Maiden. Yep you know what your talking about. Art hasnt improved, gameplay... you need to quit while your behind

What the hell are you babbling on about? Make sense if you're going to argue.

#2194 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Correct. I misread that earlier.

#2195 5 years ago

Jjp lightning/lightshows are way beyond anything stern has did for the most part. Star trek premium/le does a good job but still a far cry from jjp pins imo . None the less both make great games and i love both companies and what they produce. I like to have a nice mix of jjp, stern and b/w pins in my collection as it makes for great variety and fun for everyone.

#2196 5 years ago

Unless JJP is making the next Black Knight, I really don't care...

#2197 5 years ago

I don't want to get in the middle of the JJP vs Stern debate as I dont own any of their pins. I have played plenty of modern Stern games and have enjoyed many of them and the only 2 JJP I've played are The Hobbit and Dailed in. I'm not a fan of wide body games but DI is beautiful and fun. I would love to own either one someday but all these prices are just too high for me, all 3 of my pins were slightly above 6k. I will say theme is key, BKSOR brings me back to a simpler time, even if it's a pro, so hopefully they deliver and maybe I can add my 1st Stern to my collection, even if I have to move on from one that I currently own.

#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Jjp lightning/lightshows are way beyond anything stern has did for the most part. Star trek premium/le does a good job but still a far cry from jjp pins imo.

When I poop it has much more aroma then a stone and it tastes way more intensive... I heard.
Stones are a far cry form poop imo. Non the less both are a great material for building houses.

(I prefer stone. )

#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Looks like Deadflip stream tomorrow will be both Pro and Premium.
[quoted image]

Thanks, will definitely tune in! Will likely get a Pro model but will be cool to watch him put both models through their paces.

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

When I poop it has much more aroma then a stone and it tastes way more intensive... I heard.
Stones are a far cry form poop imo. Non the less both are a great material for building houses.
(I prefer stone. )

This is either lost in translation or you've had too much to drink

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/44?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.