(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 81.
#2101 5 years ago

Buffalo is streaming gameplay Tuesday right? Anyone know which version? Premium I hope.

#2102 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Omg, I never said I hate JJP. I hate that it only seems to be JJP owners who feel the need to go on every thread that isnt JJP to trash anything they can.

Riiiiiiight, no Stern fan boys spewing their venom in JJP threads

#2103 5 years ago

Sigh....can we stop talking about anything not specific to this game...the back and forth is a real buzz kill...on both sides

#2104 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sure but there’s at least one Premium on the line now! Normally wouldn’t be for another month or more.

That’s cause they need them for MGC next week

#2105 5 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

That's called a cold dose of reality.

#2106 5 years ago

Black Knight's flaming balls or Wonka's. End of discussion.

FlamingMace (resized).pngFlamingMace (resized).png
#2107 5 years ago

Just for the record bought my first pin Aug '08 and have owned 215 pins, 55 of which were sterns (not including early sterns) and ZERO JJP games. They don't do anything for me so far - haven't even wanted to buy one to try for a while.

#2108 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yeah, but then he killed 4 of the children

They were shits. They deserved it.

#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Black Knight's flaming balls or Wonka's. End of discussion.[quoted image]

He’s got big balls, and she’s got big balls...

#2110 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

You could be a gentleman and be the one who *finishes* it though. A few people bashed a game you like in a thread that has nothing to do with your game. You said your piece ad nauseum, we all get your stance. Please start another thread if you really want to continue this debate.
Ever open up pinside and see one of your favorite threads is bursting with activity? Start getting excited there's a new video or announcement or mode or Easter egg discovered? Then you click to read the 68 new posts from the past 2-3 hours(!!!)... Just to wind up wading through an obsessive back-and-forth between overzealous fanboys...broken up by a peppering of people that are genuinely hyped about the game. Yeah, i know it's nothing new. Sometimes I get hopeful though, that we could have a thread revealing a new game that doesn't completely devolve into an 'us vs them' shitstorm.
Anyway, I'm really hyped to hear the original Black Knight lit spinner sound is going to be making an appearance in legacy mode!!!! Bring on the deadflip stream already!!!!

Ok, why does every critical discussion thread devolve until we start getting more and more posts like the one quoted above?, including the follow up post that I am currently typing, and then the ongoing shit storm of all the meta posts about post complaining about posts?

I have actually been on other non-pinball forums where they retain some civility of the name “forum”, but on here, like the post from frunch points out, this always ends up with the back and forth and pages of “discussion” that ends up being another Coke vs. Pepsi vs. RC Cola sodargument, or even worse the dreaded “cargument”, which the the mere mention of is a moderatable offense. This is the reason I only stick my head into these threads after they get 40 or more posts in a day then skip throught the chaff and glean the seeds of wisdom from the people whe actually seem to know some “insider” info, but I never hold my breath waiting.

#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I then just mentioned it's going to be fun to watch both Wonka and BK3 going head to head next weekend at MGC as each will have its public debut at the show.

It won’t be fun to watch. There will most likely be one prototype Wonka that isn’t going to exactly match the production models that ,maybe, get shipped next year, with a slightly long sad line of people waiting to play it.

Then on the other side of the aisle, there will probably be 25+ BKSOR with little to no lines and a bunch of smiling people playing production, ready to take home, machines.

#2112 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

It won’t be fun to watch. There will most likely be one prototype Wonka that isn’t going to exactly match the production models that ,maybe, get shipped next year, with a slightly long sad line of people waiting to play it.

This is the opposite of what is actually happening with WWCF.

But this is a BK thread so let’s keep on topic about BK.

#2113 5 years ago

Not to add fuel to the fire, but man, you guys are awfully fuckin hard on Panzer. Cut him some slack Jesus it's just pinball.

#2114 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

Then on the other side of the aisle, there will probably be 25+ BKSOR with little to no lines and a bunch of smiling people playing production, ready to take home, machines.

I bet there is more than one wonka at MGC.

#2115 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not to add fuel to the fire, but man, you guys are awfully fuckin hard on Panzer. Cut him some slack Jesus it's just pinball.

Thanks Gryszzz. If people are going to crap on another game then they should accept and expect a rebuttal to that response without insulting or name calling someone over it.

With that being said I didn't need to stir the pot and post the Kaneda comment in this thread lol. I honestly thought I was in the Wonka thread when I posted it earlier, I'll blame not having my morning coffee earlier today on that one. I personally think BK3 looks awesome and have mentioned that multiple times. The layout looks fun, the Knight toy looks cool and the animation teasers that Stern is putting out look like some of their best animation work to date. If I had more space and pinball funds available I would be all over a premium or LE.

#2116 5 years ago

It's natural to bring up other new games when discussing a new title. Who cares if people want to speculate about an unreleased title while speculating about an announced title. Carry on and ignore the thread police.

#2117 5 years ago

Pretty much, 100% sure, I’m going to think about getting a Pro!

#2118 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

have owned 215 pins, 55 of which were sterns (not including early sterns) and ZERO JJP games. They don't do anything for me so far

I feel the exact same way-they just do nothing for me. I started to think about it and I like every single Stern game made since 1991. WWE is a mediocre game, but I actually still think it is fun, I would not own one but still think it is entertaining.
Now I really have tried to like JJP games but they fall flat when it comes to fun for me. My wife and kids think WOZ would be fun to own, but it plays like a dog and is annoying to me(plus I know if I buy a game for the wife and kids-they won't play it once it arrives).

We all like different things. I like Oranges and some like Bananas, and that is ok. I understand Panzer is one of the JJP cheerleaders, but it gets to sound like a broken record, especially when he brings up the JJP vs Stern shit in a Black Knight Stern thread. I could care less about podcasters opinions-I do not listen to podcast and I am not into gossip. I actually think it is fantastic that we will see two new game reveals this upcoming weekend. Does that mean we have to choose a side? Can we appreciate what both companies have to offer, even if it is not your cup of tea? I will admit that I get defensive when it comes to Stern games, but at the same time I am over the Stern vs JJP talk that tends to pop up in every thread now.

Ok back to Black Knight.....Has anyone thought about colors for powder for the Pro/Premium? Wondering what the topper will look like and how tall it will be? I am not into toppers, but this one sounds cool if he turns his head and taunts you while you play. Also thinking a shaker will be a must with this title?

#2119 5 years ago

Stopped at a Loves truck stop yesterday and saw a flyer for medieval helmets, couldnt find any at that location but was interested in the size and quality.

Helmet570x370 (resized).jpgHelmet570x370 (resized).jpg
#2120 5 years ago

I will probably like the Pro the best for gameplay but I think I like the Premium art the best. In terms of powder-coat color choices I think chrome would probably pop the most on the Pro followed by Lollypop Red and Playboy Blue. Premium has tons of options that would pop like Black Chrome, Striker Orange and Candy Grape II.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/
BKSOF.jpgBKSOF.jpg

#2121 5 years ago

I like what they did on the le as far as powder coat goes. IMO black trim is the way to go on any of the black knights.. I’ll likely try and paint or powder the leg bolt heads like on the le. I’ll have to do some digging and see if I can get some plastic 5/8 sockets to prevent chipping g it off.

#2122 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I like what they did on the le as far as powder coat goes. IMO black trim is the way to go on any of the black knights.. if I can get some plastic 5/8 sockets to prevent chipping g it off.

masking tape works well with standard sockets.

#2123 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

masking tape works well with standard sockets.

Good call Freddy, thanks for the tip!

#2124 5 years ago

I'm excited to play both BK3 and Wonka at MGC. I prefer Richie over Lawlor, but JJP over Stern. I think one will be in your face loud and fast and the other more nuanced and refined. So, two games that will really give two separate versions of the best that pinball can be. Can't see myself not liking either of them.

#2126 5 years ago

This is pretty awesome. Ritchie and Lawlor battling again for pinball supremacy.

#2127 5 years ago

I own Dialed In, Pirates, and Maiden LE. Maiden is my favorite but there's something about DI that is hypnotizing and fun. Lawlor is my favorite all time designer and I'm a technophile, but Maiden shows that I also need speed and heavy metal music. I'm really curious how the public reacts to these two going head to head this week in sales and reviews. Speed vs technology. Metal music vs childhood theme. Two of pinballs top designers on what's more fun to shoot.

There's no way to NOT compare two machines from two pinball giants released in the same week if you are really into pinball. We have podcasts as our combined roles of news and sports announcers. So guys, please stop bashing just because people are excited to see some business competition (which is GREAT for the hobby) and talk about the only media we have for pinball besides streaming.

#2128 5 years ago

Or you could take it to an appropriately titled thread. Much less likely to get bashed in a thread that would be for the exact purpose you mentioned Java.

#2129 5 years ago

Ive got a hard on for steve ritchie so the choice was easy.

One day id like to have a woz and willy when my kids are old enough to play

#2130 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Ive got a hard on for steve ritchie so the choice was easy.

#2131 5 years ago

Ah, good... So that's not only me and not a lack of my english as foreign language skills.

#2132 5 years ago

This will be my first Steve Ritchie game... I have 4 Borg pins and IMLE from Elwin. Metal music and a Medieval theme, it's a no brainer!!! VERY excited to get this LE in the house!!!!!!!

#2133 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, in a general thread about BK3, this is not an owners thread.

OMG if I said that in a JJP thread I would get 10 down vote yet you get none I guess Stern fans are a classier bunch

#2134 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I don't think BK3 needs to crush WONKA. I've found JJP crushes themselves.

I can't wait to play both machines. I got a fever.

#2135 5 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

LOL JJP Fanboys live to compare themselves to Stern funny stuff

#2136 5 years ago

Crazy thought: people can like both stern and JJP

#2137 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Crazy thought: people can like both stern and JJP

Another crazy thought is that the same couple of JJP and stern blow hards quit ruining everything thread with their endless nonsense.

#2138 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I feel the exact same way-they just do nothing for me. I started to think about it and I like every single Stern game made since 1991. WWE is a mediocre game, but I actually still think it is fun, I would not own one but still think it is entertaining.
Now I really have tried to like JJP games but they fall flat when it comes to fun for me. My wife and kids think WOZ would be fun to own, but it plays like a dog and is annoying to me(plus I know if I buy a game for the wife and kids-they won't play it once it arrives).
We all like different things. I like Oranges and some like Bananas, and that is ok. I understand Panzer is one of the JJP cheerleaders, but it gets to sound like a broken record, especially when he brings up the JJP vs Stern shit in a Black Knight Stern thread. I could care less about podcasters opinions-I do not listen to podcast and I am not into gossip. I actually think it is fantastic that we will see two new game reveals this upcoming weekend. Does that mean we have to choose a side? Can we appreciate what both companies have to offer, even if it is not your cup of tea? I will admit that I get defensive when it comes to Stern games, but at the same time I am over the Stern vs JJP talk that tends to pop up in every thread now.
Ok back to Black Knight.....Has anyone thought about colors for powder for the Pro/Premium? Wondering what the topper will look like and how tall it will be? I am not into toppers, but this one sounds cool if he turns his head and taunts you while you play. Also thinking a shaker will be a must with this title?

I love so much about JJP games - especially looks, sounds, more toys.

I don't like Stern's model of continually reducing what they put in a game.

However I just haven't played a JJP game that is fun/exciting to play.

Whereas Maiden pro is stripped down as anything and yet it is blast to play.

I want JJP to knock it out of the park as it might force Stern to put a bit more in their games.

#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Tuesday, Black Knight. Very excited to see what it has to offer. No more guessing how things will work. I'm hoping the pro is solid as that is my usual price bracket.

Stern should be bringing the heat!

1C6C62B9-A4A9-4A93-960D-A9E8DE611349 (resized).png1C6C62B9-A4A9-4A93-960D-A9E8DE611349 (resized).png
#2140 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL JJP Fanboys live to compare themselves to Stern funny stuff

Compare the effort on POTC compared with any Stern Maybe cabinet cracking and playfield quality? How about a brand new company being the first to innovate with the LCD and LEDS... Its all a bit sad really.

#2142 5 years ago

But stern is bringing back the Black Knight so I am forever indebted to them.

#2143 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

But stern is bringing back the Black Knight so I am forever indebted to them.

Its all about the theme baby... Atleast from a business pov. Personally, I am happy with bksor as well... Just hoping its on the same level as Maiden.

#2144 5 years ago

I like all pinball companies. What a great time to be alive

#2145 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Compare the effort on POTC compared with any Stern Maybe cabinet cracking and playfield quality? How about a brand new company being the first to innovate with the LCD and LEDS... Its all a bit sad really.

Don't forget the innovation of the pre-pay model removing key items from games monkeys, moving trunk lids, spinning disk

#2146 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Don't forget the innovation of the pre-pay model removing key items from games monkeys, moving trunk lids, spinning disk

The monkey is a fair point, but the rest is related to a rookie mistake in prematurely revealing the game. Engineering issues are par for the course; we just don't hear about them from Stern. I'm pretty positive JJP won't be making that mistake again. The monkey is a complete head scratcher though...

#2147 5 years ago

I'm kind of new here, but I also run a forum. Are the mods normally this passive? Because this thread has gone way the fuck off the rails, and has become kind of a drag. I'm super excited about about BKSOR, and all this Stern vs JJP stuff (at least in this thread—I suppose there is a place for it) is annoying.

#2148 5 years ago

Easy fix. Stop looking at this thread. This is pinside. Get used to it.

#2149 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I'm kind of new here, but I also run a forum. Are the mods normally this passive? Because this thread has gone way the fuck off the rails, and has become kind of a drag. I'm super excited about about BKSOR, and all this Stern vs JJP stuff (at least in this thread—I suppose there is a place for it) is annoying.

This happens when theres a break between reveals then gameplay vids and finally release with people getting their games, Oh yeah and every other possible thing that could happen like the sun coming up. I love it, this site would be real boring if it was all on topic and nice nice. I say thank sweet baby Jesus for the JJP fanboys. Its a real treat to read their posts laden with crap and then rip it apart for reaction.

#2150 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Easy fix. Stop looking at this thread. This is pinside. Get used to it.

My point is that I want to look at this thread because I'm interested in the game. I think I was pretty clear when I asked specifically about the moderation of this forum. If this is how things go around here, then fair enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/43?hl=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.