(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 81.
#2051 5 years ago

This game looks awesome!

Saying that I have stopped drinking the koolaid and will buy a premium or LE in a year or so once the code has proven itself. I got lucky with dead pool and that is the last risk I am willing to take.

#2052 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I don't think BK3 needs to crush WONKA. I've found JJP crushes themselves.

I give em credit. They have balls dumping on bksor with a new release the same weekend.... i’d Say they must be proud of it and feel they knocked it outta the park, but I was in Texas for ybr and they were quite proud of that too... yea.

#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

They have balls dumping on bksor with a new release the same weekend

Typical brash arrogance.

#2054 5 years ago

How can you compare a BKSOR to a Willy Wonka?

Thatd be like comparing a sports car to an RV.

#2055 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

How can you compare a BKSOR to a Willy Wonka?

Thatd be like comparing a sports car to an RV.

I don‘t understand this comparison. Are we saying sports cars are worthless because you can‘t transport a pin with one? Which pin is suppossed to be a sports car? And isn‘t this one of these forbidden carguments???

#2056 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I don‘t understand this comparison. Are we saying sports cars are worthless because you can‘t transport a pin with one? Which pin is suppossed to be a sports car? And isn‘t this one of these forbidden carguments???

I think the comparison gets lost in translation.

#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

it looks like there's twice as much in there, it looks like 10x as much effort went into the game, its comical that these games are separated by $1500 bucks

I love how Panzer is always comparing JJP to Stern. Yes JJP will cram 2x as much stuff in their playfields and in turn their games will play clunky and average players will scratch their heads at the 20+ modes to play. But they have more 'toys' so that must mean that they are better? For me JJP games look good but play like crap(Dialed In is their best attempt), I would take Stern over JJP any day of the week. Black Knight will kick Wonka's ass!

#2058 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Black Knight will kick Wonka's ass

From what I‘ve been reading here in Pinside, if it came to a fight between Wonka and Black Knight, the cabinet on BK would split and the legs would fall off.

#2059 5 years ago

I can't believe that people actually listen to that guy's podcast. It's embarrassing.

#2060 5 years ago

It’s amazing how a little access can make someone a fanboy. Well done Jack. You made Kaneda feel special.

Whatever Sterns are or aren’t, I love shooting them. They’re just fun to play. They announce a game and they ship it within a couple weeks. Can’t wait for Black Knight LE.

#2061 5 years ago

If stern would stop cutting every corner they can AND raising prices, everyone would love them to death. The cheapness of their product is often shocking. For example, my IMDNLE plumb bob threads disintegrated in my hand the first time I tried to adjust it. When I looked at it, I realized it's made of some sort of compressed composite that is worse than Chinese pot metal. It's as if they have some company in China that has children gathering metal from the hills and pressing bobs for them. Also, the power supply is absolute garbage, and the mechs are made of crap metal too.

For the record, I love playing Sterns, but they do not have to skimp on hardware like this. JJP games have their issues too, but the issues are not related to finding the absolute cheapest path to production. I'm waiting for the Stern nodes to start failing. Then we'll see how happy all the Stern customers are. Again, I want to love Stern, but their hardware often sucks. Someone else needs to compete at their price range to smarten them up.

#2062 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If stern would stop cutting every corner they can AND raising prices, everyone would love them to death. The cheapness of their product is often shocking. For example, my IMDNLE plumb bob threads disintegrated in my hand the first time I tried to adjust it. When I looked at it, I realized it's made of some sort of compressed composite that is worse than Chinese pot metal. It's as if they have some company in China that has children gathering metal from the hills and pressing bobs for them. Also, the power supply is absolute garbage, and the mechs are made of crap metal too.
For the record, I love playing Sterns, but they do not have to skimp on hardware like this. JJP games have their issues too, but the issues are not related to finding the absolute cheapest path to production. I'm waiting for the Stern nodes to start failing. Then we'll see how happy all the Stern customers are. Again, I want to love Stern, but their hardware often sucks. Someone else needs to compete at their price range to smarten them up.

Sorry dude, whining about Stern’s node boards is so 2018.

#2063 5 years ago

My Munsters LE is very solid.

#2064 5 years ago

So on the Slam Tilt podcast Timballs confirmed that BKSoR will play the original BK lit spinner sound when in “legacy” mode! So awesome!

#2065 5 years ago

Who let the Oompa Loompa’s out of their cage again! Why must The Black Knight always clean up this orange musical mess?!
Damn you, Wonka!

Edit: Who is this Kaneda clown and why should I care about his opinions?

#2066 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I love how Panzer is always comparing JJP to Stern. Yes JJP will cram 2x as much stuff in their playfields and in turn their games will play clunky and average players will scratch their heads at the 20+ modes to play. But they have more 'toys' so that must mean that they are better? For me JJP games look good but play like crap(Dialed In is their best attempt), I would take Stern over JJP any day of the week. Black Knight will kick Wonka's ass!

First off, Kaneda mentioned that, not me. I haven't played Wonka yet.

#2067 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

First off, Kaneda mentioned that, not me. I haven't played Wonka yet.
There's a reason why a majority of Stern's play faster, that's what will happen every time when you put a standard left and right ramp, 2 orbits, and very little else on the playfield to interact with the ball. Speed and basic rules are overrated in my opinion at today's all time high NIB prices and for me personally hitting standard ramps and orbits gets old quickly. I never think those games are not fun (they are), just that they are not worth the asking price. As an owner of all 4 JJP's current pins I don't view any of them as clunky and that each are capable of fast gameplay.
I'm looking forward to playing Black Knight Sword of Rage. The premium / LE playfield design looks cool and Stern seems to have finally stepped it up in the animation department which they desperately needed to do.
As a home buyer I want the toys, features, innovation, extremely deep and unique code, etc. Those are the types of games that I continue to buy and JJP is the only company consistently delivery those types of games. The last one Stern did is Ghostbusters and I'm still waiting for the code to be completed over 2 years later...

Didn’t you already tap out of this thread?

We seriously need a separate “panzer JJP vs. Everything” thread. At this point it’s beyond tiresome.

#2068 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Didn’t you already tap out of this thread?
We seriously need a separate “panzer JJP vs. Everything” thread. At this point it’s beyond tiresome.

Crazy, I would buy every Stern pin if I could, they are all fun. I've never played a modern Stern that I haven't had fun playing. I was just stating an opinion as home buyer and also that I didn't say that quote, Kaneda did. Someone will say the exact opposite thing. I think BK3 is going to be one hell of a game based on everything I'm seeing. The playfield design looks cool, it has an awesome interactive toy with the Black Knight, and the animation teasers Stern has released look very nice.

Also, I posted my reply thinking this was the Wonka thread still that I was viewing lol. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted that reply here, I deleted it. This is general game thread where criticism regardless of the game should be able to be openly discussed without someone being attacked. If not then maybe those people are the real fanboys.

#2069 5 years ago

Did I stumble into the wonka thread? Isn't this a BK thread? Why bring another game into it?

#2070 5 years ago

New thread filter option:
Allow JJP owners? Yes/No

Didnt Kaneda try to defend jjp pricing, saying there is only a $1,500 difference to a Stern?

Well up here in Canada a Stern Pro will run you $7,600 cdn, JJP Pirates $11,000 cdn. ($3,400 cdn. That's a $2,500 usd price gap)
There are lots of arguements to be had (elsewhere) but cost is still 50% of jjps problem. I will be impressed with JJp if they ship Wonka in a timely manner though.

Edit: i dont know why afm pic attached but I cant undo it either. Weird

Screenshot_20190405-141004_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190405-141004_Google (resized).jpg
#2071 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Allow JJP owners? Yes/No
Didnt Kaneda try to defend jjp pricing, saying there is only a $1,500 difference to a Stern?
Well up here in Canada a Stern Pro will run you $7,600 cdn, JJP Pirates $11,000 cdn. ($3,400 cdn. That's a $2,500 usd price gap)
There are lots of arguements to be had (elsewhere) but cost is still 50% of jjps problem. I will be impressed with JJp if they ship Wonka in a timely manner though.
Edit: i dont know why afm pic attached but I cant undo it either. Weird
[quoted image]

I think he was referring to Stern Premium vs JJP LE pricing which would really be $2k. BK3 premium should be around $7500 and Wonka LE $9500. Maybe he meant something else. $2k is a big difference in price and at $9500+ it should have more in it.

One thing I'm bummed about with JJP lately is their lack of powder coat quality on LE games. Both WOZ and Hobbit have a high quality powder coat, whereas Dialed In looks like standard flat baked on enamel. Pirates LE has a black powder coat that is inferior to the Stern pro standard black powder coat and I say that as a owner. It's BS that JJP buyers have to pay for a CE now to get the best powder coated version. Meanwhile Stern looks to be offering far superior powder coated armour on their latest LE's. The one on BK3 LE looks very nice.

#2072 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I don't think BK3 needs to crush WONKA. I've found JJP crushes themselves.

Ok that was...

EF3B47EA-A57F-4073-8819-A1D0F2CFE3CC (resized).jpegEF3B47EA-A57F-4073-8819-A1D0F2CFE3CC (resized).jpeg
#2073 5 years ago

Looks pretty frickin' cool. Curious to see how it will get priced and trim levels.

#2074 5 years ago

Off Stern FB... "#BKSOR Premium spotted in the factory today! Art package by the legendary Kevin O’Connor! #SternPinball #BlackKnight"

56319196_10157303207484244_2947307619095674880_o.jpg56319196_10157303207484244_2947307619095674880_o.jpg
#2075 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Off Stern FB... "#BKSOR Premium spotted in the factory today! Art package by the legendary Kevin O’Connor! #SternPinball #BlackKnight"
[quoted image]

Looks awesome! Except for the angle between the forearm and elbow of the shield bearing arm, what's the deal with that?

(just to be clear, I'm not serious. Though the angle could be off for all I know).

#2076 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Allow JJP owners? Yes/No

Because people only own or like pins from one manufacturer.

#2077 5 years ago

It seems like Stern might be changing up their production order for BKSoR. Normally would be Pros and then LEs and then more Pros and then Prems on the line.

I think they (correctly?) are anticipating a higher than usual demand for Prems since most people equate BK with an upper pf.

This is great news for me, currently on the list for a Prem!

#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Except for the angle between the forearm and elbow of the shield bearing arm, what's the deal with that?

I don't know what your talking about you should have stopped at AWSOME!

#2079 5 years ago

I am thinking "Ive got a golden ticket" and "Umpa Lumpa Dupity De" music is really gonna kill the crappy metal of Black Night!

#2080 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"When you put this game next to Black Knight Sword of Rage it's a joke", "Sword of Rage looks like a $7500 game, Willy Wonka looks like it should cost twice as much, it looks like there's twice as much in there, it looks like 10x as much effort went into the game, its comical that these games are separated by $1500 bucks".

I think it was several posts back you got upset upon being attacked for JJP fueled horseshit comments and here they are again. I don't care whats in WWonka its a fucking chocolatier who keeps midgets in his house to make candy and sing nursery rhymes. I'll take the stripped, fast as lightning Stern BK3 with Heavy Metal soundtrack any day of the week. Good luck to u sir.

#2081 5 years ago

Did you guys ever watch the movie? He didn't keep the Oompa LOompas as slaves, he rescued them and gave them a home.

#2082 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Did you guys ever watch the movie? He didn't keep the Oompa LOompas as slaves, he rescued them and gave them a home.

Yeah, but then he killed 4 of the children

#2083 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

...that's what they always say.

#2084 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It seems like Stern might be changing up their production order for BKSoR. Normally would be Pros and then LEs and then more Pros and then Prems on the line.
I think they (correctly?) are anticipating a higher than usual demand for Prems since most people equate BK with an upper pf.
This is great news for me, currently on the list for a Prem!

Pros are still being made first. We were able to buy a pro through the MGC show deal but not premium or LE since those aren’t being made yet.

#2085 5 years ago

Counting down the days to the stream!

All this Wonka/Kaneda talk:

get_o_3981375 (resized).jpgget_o_3981375 (resized).jpg
#2086 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think it was several posts back you got upset upon being attacked for JJP fueled horseshit comments and here they are again. I don't care whats in WWonka its a fucking chocolatier who keeps midgets in his house to make candy and sing nursery rhymes. I'll take the stripped, fast as lightning Stern BK3 with Heavy Metal soundtrack any day of the week. Good luck to u sir.

Actually it was a few people that were originally bashing JJP in this thread, specifically Dialed In. I replied back to a couple of those posts, was attacked over it yet I now somehow started it? lol. Fuzzy memory you have. Enjoy BK3, looking forward to playing one.

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Willy Wonka vs Black Knight Sword of Rage battle will be on next weekend at MGC. It's going to be fun watching and reading about the public debut for both of these titles next weekend.
Some shade thrown at Black Knight Sword of Rage by Kaneda (who also complimented the game) after playing Willy Wonka today at the JJP factory. His words not mine (I'm excited to see and play Black Knight, latest animation teasers look cool).
"When you put this game next to Black Knight Sword of Rage it's a joke", "Sword of Rage looks like a $7500 game, Willy Wonka looks like it should cost twice as much, it looks like there's twice as much in there, it looks like 10x as much effort went into the game, its comical that these games are separated by $1500 bucks".
[quoted image]

Pretty sure I heard a similar argument when Hobbit was announced, then again when PoTC was announced.
How’d that turn out in the end? You’ll have to help me on this one... nobody I know owns one.
Ridiculous comment made from a buffoon who’s not actually interested in this hobby, but has somehow pried his way into it, in order to seek out attention. If JJP games are your thing, cool. Their thread is over that way, somewhere.

#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Pretty sure I heard a similar argument when Hobbit was announced, then again when PoTC was announced.
How’d that turn out in the end? You’ll have to help me on this one... nobody I know owns one.
Ridiculous comment made from a buffoon who’s not actually interested in this hobby, but has somehow pried his way into it, in order to seek out attention. If JJP games are your thing, cool. Their thread is over that way, somewhere.

It was just a quote from Kaneda in a general thread. I then just mentioned it's going to be fun to watch both Wonka and BK3 going head to head next weekend at MGC as each will have its public debut at the show. I don't agree with what Kaneda said about BK3 as I haven't played either game. If you don't want want to read any critical comments I would suggest an owners / fan thread.

#2089 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It was just a quote from Kaneda in a general thread. I then just mentioned it's going to be fun to watch both Wonka and BK3 going head to head next weekend at MGC as each will have its public debut at the show. I don't agree with what Kaneda said about BK3 as I haven't played either game. If you don't want want to read any critical comments I would suggest an owners / fan thread.

Yeah, I was referring to “Special K”.
You sir, are a much different type of buffoon, no offence.

#2090 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yeah, I was referring to “Special K”.
You sir, are a much different type of buffoon, soon offence.

Go ahead and call me more names, I'm not stooping to your level. I'm sorry you can't read critical comments or questions about a Stern pin without insulting someone and calling them names over it.

#2091 5 years ago

This thread should be called "Black Knight wordS of Rage"

#2092 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Pros are still being made first. We were able to buy a pro through the MGC show deal but not premium or LE since those aren’t being made yet.

Sure but there’s at least one Premium on the line now! Normally wouldn’t be for another month or more.

#2093 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Go ahead and call me more names, I'm not stooping to your level. I'm sorry you can't read critical comments or questions about a Stern pin without insulting someone and calling them names over it.

That’s just it. It’s NOT a critical comment about a Stern pin. It’s just more “raa raa” hype for a JJP game because it’s got more b.o.m.
Time and time again, it has been proven that b.o.m. alone does not make a game any fun.

So don’t come in here, quoting ridiculous comments from a buffoon who’s been banned from this website and expect any love.

#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Actually it was a few people that were originally bashing JJP in this thread, specifically Dialed In. I replied back to a couple of those posts, was attacked over it yet I now somehow started it?

You could be a gentleman and be the one who *finishes* it though. A few people bashed a game you like in a thread that has nothing to do with your game. You said your piece ad nauseum, we all get your stance. Please start another thread if you really want to continue this debate.

Ever open up pinside and see one of your favorite threads is bursting with activity? Start getting excited there's a new video or announcement or mode or Easter egg discovered? Then you click to read the 68 new posts from the past 2-3 hours(!!!)... Just to wind up wading through an obsessive back-and-forth between overzealous fanboys...broken up by a peppering of people that are genuinely hyped about the game. Yeah, i know it's nothing new. Sometimes I get hopeful though, that we could have a thread revealing a new game that doesn't completely devolve into an 'us vs them' shitstorm.

Anyway, I'm really hyped to hear the original Black Knight lit spinner sound is going to be making an appearance in legacy mode!!!! Bring on the deadflip stream already!!!!

#2095 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

You could be a gentleman and be the one who *finishes* it though. A few people bashed a game you like in a thread that has nothing to do with your game. You said your piece ad nauseum, we all get your stance. Please start another thread if you really want to continue this debate.
Ever open up pinside and see one of your favorite threads is bursting with activity? Start getting excited there's a new video or announcement or mode or Easter egg discovered? Then you click to read the 68 new posts from the past 2-3 hours(!!!)... Just to wind up wading through an obsessive back-and-forth between overzealous fanboys...broken up by a peppering of people that are genuinely hyped about the game. Yeah, i know it's nothing new. Sometimes I get hopeful though, that we could have a thread revealing a new game that doesn't completely devolve into an 'us vs them' shitstorm.
Anyway, I'm really hyped to hear the original Black Knight lit spinner sound is going to be making an appearance in legacy mode!!!! Bring on the deadflip stream already!!!!

I'm over it, and rather talk about Black Knight Sword of Rage. I'm interested in the legacy mode as well. The far left shot seems designated for it so I'm not sure if there's just one or multiple legacy modes, maybe multiple levels to it?

#2096 5 years ago

Man there are so many friggin Losers in this site. Used to not be that way.

#2097 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sure but there’s at least one Premium on the line now! Normally wouldn’t be for another month or more.

Oh really? They said only prototype premiums would be available at MGC for play.

#2098 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Oh really? They said only prototype premiums would be available at MGC for play.

Just going off this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/42#post-4924677

#2099 5 years ago

News flash: Most people on here couldn't care less what d-bag Kaneda has to say about anything. Bring him up and JJP in a BKSOR thread and you're gonna get downvotes. How is that hard to understand?

Oops, I just mentioned him and JJP. Please have mercy.... LOL

I can't wait for our local launch party on May 3rd!

#2100 5 years ago

Omg, I never said I hate JJP. I hate that it only seems to be JJP owners who feel the need to go on every thread that isnt JJP to trash anything they can. Wonka will probably be a good game but this is the Black Knight thread.
So...back on topic,
Tuesday, Black Knight. Very excited to see what it has to offer. No more guessing how things will work. I'm hoping the pro is solid as that is my usual price bracket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 16.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 8.00
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/42?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.