(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 81.
#2001 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Do you also miss 8-Tracks, ZX-80 computers, and Black and White TV's that were encapsulated in a huge piece of furniture?

Nope, just dots.

I like how the last thing you described is Munsters Pinball.

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Stern would disagree
[quoted image]

Don’t ever question epthegeek. He is never wrong. Because he is right.

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

but my little $0.02 observation/concern is regarding how much space in the pro is "wasted" with the upper playfield not being there.

Maybe because the last 4 or 5 pins I've had were been pretty loaded with stuff and code and long playtimes I'm loving the fact that this is a one ramp. open concept heavy metal fest of darkness. I needed this and couldn't have asked for a better theme, well Slayer but still and perhaps some kindly fella out there will do a custom sound rom, all Slayer or better yet all Death Metal.

#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

lolwut ?

#2005 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Maybe because the last 4 or 5 pins I've had were been pretty loaded with stuff and code and long playtimes I'm loving the fact that this is a one ramp. open concept heavy metal fest of darkness. I needed this and couldn't have asked for a better theme, well Slayer but still and perhaps some kindly fella out there will do a custom sound rom, all Slayer or better yet all Death Metal.

Ultimate Mannowar-Mod:
Set the machine on fire while playing!!!
Sadly only works one time.

#2006 5 years ago

Are we 100% the lightning ramp doesnt lif up? It looks possible halfway up the ramp... where the lightning bolts stop.

#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Are we 100% the lightning ramp doesnt lif up? It looks possible halfway up the ramp... where the lightning bolts stop.

If it did, I'm pretty sure Stern marketing wouldn't hide that fact.

#2008 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If it did, I'm pretty sure Stern marketing wouldn't hide that fact.

This plus it's riveted/ screwed.

#2009 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Perfect mod opportunity for someone...........

#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

The transition you see there is where it goes from being a flat piece of metal screwed to the playfield to a traditional metal ramp.

#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I stand corrected lol. Everyday I learn how little I know.

#2012 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm hoping I won't have to, but I'll totally convert the songs in this into Dethklok if need be.

#2013 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The 6 ball multiball is actually the stacking of the two 3 ball multiballs. Not possible on the pro.

Pro’s always combat the missing physical lock w/ virtual.. no reason to think they wouldn’t here.

#2014 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Pro’s always combat the missing physical lock w/ virtual.. no reason to think they wouldn’t here.

I'm pretty sure that entire multiball is missing on the Pro, no? Similar to GOT where the Pro is missing the upper playfield MB (castle?).

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Not necessarily. While I really hope you are correct and catapult multiball IS actually in the pro somehow, I have a bad feeling it won't be. It will more likely be like Game of Thrones and Tron where there is an extra multiball on the LE/premiums that is missing all together from the pro.

#2016 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not necessarily. While I really hope you are correct and catapult multiball IS actually in the pro somehow, I have a bad feeling it won't be. It will more likely be like Game of Thrones and Tron where there is an extra multiball on the LE/premiums that is missing all together from the pro.

Certainly possible that a specific multiball will be Premium/LE only, but does it follow that the Pro will ship with six balls but not have any modes that use six balls? Isn't it more likely that there will be at least one mode that's on all versions and uses six balls?

#2017 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Listen to Tim Sexton on the Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast. He specifically says that multi ball isn’t on the pro.

#2018 5 years ago

I thought the nostalgia mode up top was the premium/le mode that would not be on the pro, or did I just hear something and think this?

Which is why I would go Premium/LE if it is missing in the Pro. I want some of that old black magic if you know what I mean.

#2019 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I thought the nostalgia mode up top was the premium/le mode that would not be on the pro, or did I just hear something and think this?

That mode is on both. I think you start if after completing the "Knight" inserts?

#2020 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That mode is on both. I think you start if after completing the "Knight" inserts?

Ok, well for those in the market for the Pro, that is good news. I am a “missiing upper pf is blasphemous in a BK title” card carrying member and want a Premium so bad I can taste it. How much is plasma going for per pint these days? I need to call the sperm bank, anyone need a kidney?

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Certainly possible that a specific multiball will be Premium/LE only, but does it follow that the Pro will ship with six balls but not have any modes that use six balls? Isn't it more likely that there will be at least one mode that's on all versions and uses six balls?

Avengers has six balls. I don’t think a single mb uses all six.

#2023 5 years ago

I’m really interested in this game and can’t wait for the streams to decide on pro/prem.

One thing bugging me though...if it’s “Sword of Rage” why does he have a flail?

#2024 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm guessing wizard mode.

Quoted from kermit24:

Listen to Tim Sexton on the Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast. He specifically says that multi ball isn’t on the pro.

Bummer. We can just be hopeful that he will change his mind. I'm sure virtual locks could be associated with a different shot somehow if he is willing to do it. But I understand it may just be a differentiator between the pro and the prem/LE.

Quoted from TomGWI:

Memory is fuzzy, but Hulk. But that might require hitting the add-a-ball to do it. I'm not sure about Battle for Earth...

#2025 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m really interested in this game and can’t wait for the streams to decide on pro/prem.
One thing bugging me though...if it’s “Sword of Rage” why does he have a flail?

The sword is in the castle.

#2026 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The sword is in the castle.

But the artwork has the black knight brandishing it?

#2027 5 years ago

It's been said on many podcasts that the player is the one carrying the sword.

#2028 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The story is that you acquire the Sword of Rage to defeat the Black Knight. But for some reason the Black Knight is depicted several places on the playfield and cab holding a glowing sword. Is that also the Sword of Rage (so you're stealing his sword to use against him)? Some other sword he likes to switch up with the flail? Who knows. Probably best not to think too much about it.

#2029 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not every sword is a sword of rage!!!

That could well just be his normal afternoon sword.

#2030 5 years ago

I'd love to see code that makes the Black Knight LED's flash red, faster and faster as you get closer to defeating him (like a videogame from the 80's and 90's)!

#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

i laughed out loud, cheers sir!

#2032 5 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Forgive me if it's already been mentioned in this already long thread, but my little $0.02 observation/concern is regarding how much space in the pro is "wasted" with the upper playfield not being there. Maybe they'll address with the code, but it seems like there is a lot of space being used up for what simply amounts to the rollover lanes and the pop bumpers. It takes up roughly a quarter to a third of the playfield space (circled in blue)! Look how much is covered by just plastics in that area (circled in green). With or without the upper playfield this seems like a waste of space. If this was an older EM or SS I wouldn't care as much, but with modern designs, much more is capable of being put into the layouts. Look at Iron Maiden for comparison.
[quoted image]

the green area is the designated badass add on toy spot!

#2033 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep, he's probably got a sword for every occasion. For instance:
At the dining table: Sword of Steak
In the courtyard: Sword of Landscape
At the gym: Sword of Weights (wanna be really careful taking those on and off)
With the girlfriend: Sword of Chastity
At the movies: Sword of BeQuiet
Playing pinball: Sword of Rage. OK yes he does use it then.

#2034 5 years ago

Not sure if this has been discussed here or in another thread. However, looks like something didn't make the final product? Good location for a mod to be bolted in.

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 8.29.10 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-06 at 8.29.10 am (resized).png
#2035 5 years ago

Aside from the spot you pointed out. I noticed these 3
posts have nylon nuts but nothing under them.

20190405_180201 (resized).jpg20190405_180201 (resized).jpg
#2036 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Valid points. Who knows maybee the’ll do something cool with the extra vuk like use it as a ball lock.. catapult:vuk, same differance. The decals on em look like it’s shooting a fireball anyhow.

#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from mike_fuller:

Not sure if this has been discussed here or in another thread. However, looks like something didn't make the final product? Good location for a mod to be bolted in.
[quoted image]

My guess would be one of those floodlights that obstructed the view of that flipper... so YOINK!

#2038 5 years ago
Quoted from mike_fuller:

[quoted image]

I bet that hex post is one of many, holding the upper Playfield on. it would allow easier access when taking it off.

#2039 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Aside from the spot you pointed out. I noticed these 3
posts have nylon nuts but nothing under them.
[quoted image]

Look again. XD

These are posts holding a rubber alongside.

#2040 5 years ago

One thing that drives me kinda crazy is Stern using silver screws and clear or white zip ties. BUY BLACK ONES, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

#2041 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

With the girlfriend: Sword of Chastity

It's called the Pork Sword

#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Actually, one starts as 4 ball, but there are add-a-balls available. It's a blast when it's on.

#2043 5 years ago

The Willy Wonka vs Black Knight Sword of Rage battle will be on next weekend at MGC. It's going to be fun watching and reading about the public debut for both of these titles next weekend.

Some shade thrown at Black Knight Sword of Rage by Kaneda (who also complimented the game) after playing Willy Wonka today at the JJP factory. His words not mine (I'm excited to see and play Black Knight, latest animation teasers look cool).

"When you put this game next to Black Knight Sword of Rage it's a joke", "Sword of Rage looks like a $7500 game, Willy Wonka looks like it should cost twice as much, it looks like there's twice as much in there, it looks like 10x as much effort went into the game, its comical that these games are separated by $1500 bucks".

Battle (resized).jpgBattle (resized).jpg

#2044 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Willy Wonka vs Black Knight Sword of Rage battle will be on next weekend at MGC. It's going to be fun watching and reading about the public debut for both of these titles next weekend.
Some shade thrown at Black Knight Sword of Rage by Kaneda (who also complimented the game) after playing Willy Wonka today at the JJP factory. His words not mine (I'm excited to see and play Black Knight, latest animation teasers look cool).
"When you put this game next to Black Knight Sword of Rage it's a joke", "Sword of Rage looks like a $7500 game, Willy Wonka looks like it should cost twice as much, it looks like there's twice as much in there, it looks like 10x as much effort went into the game, its comical that these games are separated by $1500 bucks".
[quoted image]

On the other hand....

JJP's Wonka:
Announced April 2019.
Features stripped January 2020.
Ships April 2020.

Special Oompa Loompa version ships in 2023 with even more stripped features and a price increase for glitter on the playfield.

#2045 5 years ago

Ahh......Tank......you're such a snowflake about JJP.

#2046 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Ahh......Tank......you're such a snowflake about JJP.

? I didn't post anything bad about BK3 in my reply, I'm excited for it. I can't wait for the reveals of both BK3 and Willy Wonka next week. If you can't take a joke about the two titles going head to head I don't know what to say.

#2047 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

? I didn't post anything bad about BK3 in my reply, excited for it. I can't wait for the reveals of both BK3 and Willy Wonka next week.

You included a Kaneda quote bashing Black Knight vs WONKA.

#2048 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You included a Kaneda quote bashing Black Knight vs WONKA.

Yes, in a general thread about BK3, this is not an owners thread. I'm sure someone else out there will end of saying the exact same thing about BK3 crushing Wonka.

#2049 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, in a general thread about BK3, this is not an owners thread. I'm sure someone else out there will end of saying the exact same about BK3 crushing Wonka.

I don't think BK3 needs to crush WONKA. I've found JJP crushes themselves.

#2050 5 years ago

So is the price structure confirmed for Wonka? Is the $9k one that Kanada was comparing to BKSR Premium the cheap one or the middle-tier?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/41?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.