(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 81.
#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m trying to think of a layout with 5 up the playfield shots (not counting bash toys, drop or standup targets).
TWD pro 2 ramps, 2 orbits and riot shot. But does have 2 bash toys).
I’m not counting Woodbury shot because it’s not up the playfield.

Not modern by any stretch, and probably doesn't deserve to even be mentioned in this thread, but Tee'd Off has 5 up playfield shots.

#1952 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Not modern by any stretch, and probably doesn't deserve to even be mentioned in this thread, but Tee'd Off has 5 up playfield shots.

TEE'D OFF REFERENCE!

oldschool.gifoldschool.gif
#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

TEE'D OFF REFERENCE!

There have been a few of us stuck on a lonely island of a single pinball machine on site at his favorite lunch spot for MONTHS and it just so happened to be Tee’d Off. Now, not a GOAT, but not a snoozefest either. It can be fun once you learn how take it on a walk in the park.

#1954 4 years ago

I'm trying to think of any recent Stern pin that has had this many plastics on the playfield?
62...wow. That is a lot.

#1955 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

There have been a few of us stuck on a lonely island of a single pinball machine on site at his favorite lunch spot for MONTHS and it just so happened to be Tee’d Off. Now, not a GOAT, but not a snoozefest either. It can be fun once you learn how take it on a walk in the park.

That's exactly how I grew to have an irrational affinity for it. Hence the avatar, haha.

It's the only machine on location at a little place I like to go to, and play it regularly, as do many others. The operator has mentioned that not only is it the oldest machine in "the fleet", but it has been his top weekly earner on occasion, which is shocking to say the least, considering he runs 50 sterns from the past two decades in a 50 mile radius. I guess it's really a testament to the build quality of sys3's

My GC is 5 billion and change, lol.

Back on topic...

BK3 may be my first, genuine, nib purchase. I've come so close to pulling the trigger on many occasions (WD, IM, AFMr) but just couldn't ever get over the hump. This might actually be the one. Excited to see the first stream, and play this baby for real.

#1956 4 years ago

This is my first NIB. I couldnt pass up the chance to own one. Steve Ritchie is like the badass version of Stan Lee.

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I do really love TNA but if I was on a desert island I would not pick TNA or for a very small collection.

TNA was the last (and for about 3 months the only) game I had, when I sold all my machines (wich were Star Trek, Johnny Mnemonic, Operation Thunder, F14 and TNA to help financing buying our home)...

...I as well love that game very much but I just can't play it a long amount of time (as long as other games), because it's demanding, and yes there is not too much variation. Absolutely no problem,... if you have a second or third machine, that is. Just like you said.

First game I bought back was Johnny Mnemonic (best bang for the buck, has a cool toy and plays fast like a Ritchie game), wich hopefully never leaves me again. But now I'm hoping to get something new & fresh in addition.

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

TNA was the last (and for about 3 months the only) game I had, when I sold all my machines (wich were Star Trek, Johnny Mnemonic, Operation Thunder, F14 and TNA to help financing buying our home)...
...I as well love that game very much but I just can't play it a long amount of time (as long as other games), because it's demanding, and yes there is not too much variation. Absolutely no problem,... if you have a second or third machine, that is. Just like you said.
First game I bought back was Johnny Mnemonic (best bang for the buck, has a cool toy and plays fast like a Ritchie game), wich hopefully never leaves me again. But now I'm hoping to get something new & fresh in addition.

Personally i think that tna works great even in a 2 pin collection. But i admittedly am in the honeymoon phase. Its just pure pinball to me. No long waits for balls to get back to your flipper from pops or ramps. Just intense pinball action.

With co-op mode i could see it being the last pin in my lineup (but I do see how others could disagree)

Edit:Ah sorry to talk about tna in this thread. I'm super interested in the BK. Maybe between this and star trek? Or something completely different

#1959 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

No long waits for balls to get back to your flipper from pops or ramps. Just intense pinball action.

Yeah but those waits are welcomed in times of heavy multis in TWD, SW etc. so its all works out in the end. I like TNA but in a home collection unless u host lots of pin parties it would get stale mighty quick.

#1960 4 years ago

Does anyone have this game yet? I read about 40 comments and still have no indication if its shipping. I might get an LE if people are happy with it after receiving it. It does look pretty awesome.

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Does anyone have this game yet? I read about 40 comments and still have no indication if its shipping. I might get an LE if people are happy with it after receiving it. It does look pretty awesome.

There's not even any gameplay videos yet... but April 9 is that reveal. . Then it will be at the midwest show for people to play. The pro sld be shipping after that then the le about a month after that.

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Still a couple of weeks out - word is there will be a good number available for play at MGC weekend of April 12. Meanwhile DeadFlip will be doing a live stream April 9 so you can see how it shoots.

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but those waits are welcomed in times of heavy multis in TWD, SW etc. so its all works out in the end. I like TNA but in a home collection unless u host lots of pin parties it would get stale mighty quick.

As I said I had it 3 months as my "only" game and that was fine. But it's... just too hard.
(And by the time you might get annoyed a bit by the scoop rejecting a lot of shots, because the ball is just too fast.)

I can't be allways on my toes. - Have that one put up next to a ST wich plays smooth as butter and all is fine!

To get back to Black Knight:
With so much backfiring stuff right in the middle of the game (Flail, Center Target, Backkicking Shield Target, usual Shield Target) this game will propably be pretty hard as well. Really looking forward to the gameplay reveal.

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There's not even any gameplay videos yet... but April 9 is that reveal. . Then it will be at the midwest show for people to play. The pro sld be shipping after that then the le about a month after that.

Thank you!

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Still a couple of weeks out - word is there will be a good number available for play at MGC weekend of April 12. Meanwhile DeadFlip will be doing a live stream April 9 so you can see how it shoots.

Awesome. Thanks guys.

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

That’s not how buying an LE NIB works..

#1967 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

This coming from the April fools guy!!!

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

This coming from the April fools guy!!!

Just saying.. I usually have to lock in sight unseen, before having an opportunity to play one.. maybe BKSOR will be different..

#1969 4 years ago

This has been the only machine I have been secretly wanting and plotting to buy without telling my wife, but swinging LE levels of slush funding around to cover a non authorized LE pinball purchase is not easy. I am liquidating some of my other hobby assets as fast as people will buy them on CL, but high $$$ Lego sets are not something you can liquidate quickly like selling a pinball machine, but pinball machines leave pinball machine sized empty spots in your gameroom, so it’s hard doing something with one without her noticing.

#1970 4 years ago

Fair point. He’ll probably have to wait three additional months and get a HUO for less than retail, with any luck already tweaked to play right. Not a bad thing unless he must that NIB experience!

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Meanwhile DeadFlip will be doing a live stream April 9 so you can see how it shoots.

Hopefully they will have a Premium/LE at both Deadflip and MGC the way they revealed The Munsters a while back. BK without upper playfield is not BK...

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hopefully they will have a Premium/LE at both Deadflip and MGC the way they revealed The Munsters a while back. BK without upper playfield is not BK...

The playfield on this new one doesn't do much, unlike the two 80's versions. Won't be missed.

#1974 4 years ago

I meant premium....oops.

#1975 4 years ago

This game is gonna be super fun, esp when the retro mode music comes into play. That alone sounds outstanding. Had to go with the LE even though the bloody Premium is pretty amazing for the cabinet alone! Either way can’t wait to see Steve at RMPS and play this monster.

#1977 4 years ago

Do you also miss 8-Tracks, ZX-80 computers, and Black and White TV's that were encapsulated in a huge piece of furniture?

#1978 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Black and White TV's that were encapsulated in a huge piece of furniture?

That made me lol!

#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Do you also miss 8-Tracks, ZX-80 computers, and Black and White TV's that were encapsulated in a huge piece of furniture?

Don't forget fax machines! Thank God that the medical field still utilizes these though. Kind of like Homepin and the DMD.

#1980 4 years ago

I miss when the doctor used to use Leaches. Stupid advancements.

#1981 4 years ago

I'm not a Facebook person but wherever these clip are coming from, keep them coming please. I like these little teasers. The lych was cool. Tuesday cant come soon enough.

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Very easy to get caught up in...

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

MGC will have pro and premium available to play.

#1984 4 years ago

Did anyone hear if the six ball multiball feature will happen regardless of model or only with physical ball lock on prem/le?

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Did anyone hear if the six ball multiball feature will happen regardless of model or only with physical ball lock on prem/le?

The 6 ball multiball is actually the stacking of the two 3 ball multiballs. Not possible on the pro.

#1986 4 years ago

You can catch a glimse of the LCD in the Little promotional trailers.

While the little snippets we got to see are great, I'm not too happy with the "usual" GUI.
Looks a bit like Maiden with the collected 'Stuff' listed on the left (that's ok) but the actual score again is pretty small on the bottom of the screen.

Not exactly a fan of this (but I'm in the minority, a DMD would still do it for me).
But I wish they'd make it a bit bigger and more obvious.
(That said, I will survive that. - But on Munsters I found it really hard to get wich players turn it is... )

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I miss when the doctor used to use Leaches. Stupid advancements.

They still use leeches for medical purposes.

#1988 4 years ago

Touché sir
Ok, I miss when leaches cured everything

#1989 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Quoted from epthegeek:

The 6 ball multiball is actually the stacking of the two 3 ball multiballs. Not possible on the pro.

I believe both games are 6 ball but the premium does have the catapult mb that the pro may not. However there are other mb and a add a ball option that may use all 6 . Also the wizard mode will use all 6 on both versions

#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Stern would disagree
flyer (resized).pngflyer (resized).png

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Stern would disagree
[quoted image]

Because 6 balls in the trough means what? Nothing to do with the code.

#1992 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The Wizard mode(s) could shoot out 6. So yeah...it's a 6 ball game on the Pro too.

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The Wizard mode(s) could shoot out 6. So yeah...it's a 6 ball game on the Pro too.

Totally.

#1994 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Stern would disagree
[quoted image]

Yes, it's technically possible because there are 6 balls in the machine.

No, it is not possible to add that 2x 3 Ball Multiball to get a 6 Ball Multiball.

Maybe there is an additionall 6 Ball Multiball for Wizard Mode, we don't know yet. But "regular" 6-Ball Multiball, wich comprises of the stacked 3 Ball Multiballs is not possible on the Pro, as said by timballs.

#1995 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Would they have you load six balls in the pro if it wasn’t going to use them all? Are there games that actually do that?

#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Would they have you load six balls in the pro if it wasn’t going to use them all? Are there games that actually do that?

They use them at least in consecutive order.

I think there are, since it's cheaper to use one and the same assembly for everything.

But as said, possibly in the Wizard Mode.

#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

bally pool sharks, i think 2 balls loaded in the rack, but its a 1 ball game (to be confirmed)

#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Touché sir
Ok, I miss when leaches cured everything

Supposedly women would put them behind their eyes before going out, to give there skin a glow

#1999 4 years ago

Forgive me if it's already been mentioned in this already long thread, but my little $0.02 observation/concern is regarding how much space in the pro is "wasted" with the upper playfield not being there. Maybe they'll address with the code, but it seems like there is a lot of space being used up for what simply amounts to the rollover lanes and the pop bumpers. It takes up roughly a quarter to a third of the playfield space (circled in blue)! Look how much is covered by just plastics in that area (circled in green). With or without the upper playfield this seems like a waste of space. If this was an older EM or SS I wouldn't care as much, but with modern designs, much more is capable of being put into the layouts. Look at Iron Maiden for comparison.

7A927465-7AF2-4E01-8439-CB4EDF984DCD (resized).jpeg7A927465-7AF2-4E01-8439-CB4EDF984DCD (resized).jpeg

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Forgive me if it's already been mentioned in this already long thread, but my little $0.02 observation/concern is regarding how much space in the pro is "wasted" with the upper playfield not being there. Maybe they'll address with the code, but it seems like there is a lot of space being used up for what simply amounts to the rollover lanes and the pop bumpers. It takes up roughly a quarter to a third of the playfield space (circled in blue)! Look how much is covered by just plastics in that area (circled in green). With our without the upper playfield this sends like a waste of space. If this was an older EM or SS I wouldn't care as much, but with modern designs, much more is capable of being put into the layouts. Look at Iron Maiden for comparison.
[quoted image]

On the left is a ramp, so I don't see what's the problem there.
On the right is a big plastic, yes. I suppose there would sit some of the mech for the upper right Flipper or something in the Premium/ LE Version.

But, well, SR starts designing with the LE/ Premium and for the Pro stuff usually only get's taken out.

I don't really see a Problem but I understand where you come from.
But if bugs you, maybe you should get the Premium/ LE Version.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/40?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.