(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 81.
#1901 5 years ago

If I pick one up I'll definitely have to swap out this bumper pad. Black or Red maybe. Why blue? It draws my eye everytime I watch the trailer. It just seems like something lots of people will change. Or I'm just nuts lol

20190403_115417 (resized).jpg20190403_115417 (resized).jpg20190403_115434 (resized).jpg20190403_115434 (resized).jpg20190403_115453 (resized).jpg20190403_115453 (resized).jpg
#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If I pick one up I'll definitely have to swap out this bumper pad. Black or Red maybe. Why blue? It draws my eye everytime I watch the trailer. It just seems like something lots of people will change. Or I'm just nuts lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You're not alone! It stands out on Deadpool as well as others.

Those bumper pads annoy me; why not just put a post with some rubber there?

#1903 5 years ago

I'm hoping the soundtrack is on par with the trailer because it's working for me

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes , you are correct OCD level 10. This galaxy is similar in the night sky. Lol

F7D170F0-F765-48EA-B3D0-453783E638C5 (resized).jpegF7D170F0-F765-48EA-B3D0-453783E638C5 (resized).jpeg
#1905 5 years ago

The blue nub of death will be black soon with enough plays.

The nub gives the designer more room for shots. a post with a rubber would be to big and make the shot too tight. I heard this from Gomez at Expo.

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

The blue nub of death will be black soon with enough plays.
The nub gives the designer more room for shots. a post with a rubber would be to big and make the shot too tight. I heard this from Gomez at Expo.

Agree but the question is why blue and not black or redish?

#1907 5 years ago

Because they buy thousands at a time. Buying all one color is cheaper (and less inventory to have on hand).

#1908 5 years ago

So again, why blue. Stern puts black rings in everything. Buy black bumper pads

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Because they buy thousands at a time. Buying all one color is cheaper (and less inventory to have on hand).

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

They probably buy a part like that 10,000/20,000at a time that said black would seem to be the color to go with

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Probably because so many pin-folk are absolutely resistant to change. Ever notice how any little change and people lose themselves in complaint-posts?

I wouldn't mind black nubs of death.

#1911 5 years ago

I paid for my LE today.
Come on Stern. I'm waiting!!!!
Will be a couple of the longest months of my life.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I paid for my LE today.

Never get in a legal case... XD

#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I paid for my LE today.

Seriously. April can kiss my a$s.

#1914 5 years ago

Arent these pads made of energy absorbing rubber like Sorbothane? Seems to me that stuff comes in any color you want as long as its blue.

#1915 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Are LE's sold out?

Nope.... call around there are plenty available

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope.... call around there are plenty available

I don’t know about plenty, the 3 distributors I use are sold out of their allotment.

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Probably because so many pin-folk are absolutely resistant to change. Ever notice how any little change and people lose themselves in complaint-posts?
I wouldn't mind black nubs of death.

We need to petition Titan to make colored nubs of death.

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I don’t know about plenty, the 3 distributors I use are sold out of their allotment.

Many of the bigger /most common dealers are but there are plenty of other distros out there that have them..

#1919 5 years ago

Im already in for an LE. I imagine their close to sold out because this is the greatest game ever released. K know that from just rhe pictures.

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I paid for my LE today.

Same... Disty ask for payment... Now the wait.........

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Im already in for an LE. I imagine their close to sold out because this is the greatest game ever released. K know that from just rhe pictures.

Lmao... ok....

#1922 5 years ago

Try Game Exchange Colorado they had some .

#1923 5 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvzrPOLHVvr/

I see Stern are definitely trying harder on the video/animations from this time around.

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I see Stern are definitely trying harder on the video/animations from this time around.

That looks great!

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Wow, the guitar.

#1926 5 years ago

Ok, I hate STERN!!!! I don‘t have room or the Money for more games and now I have to find a way to buy this game.

#1927 5 years ago

I like that animation. Stern might get it this time.

That said I wait for the GUI/ Score Table etc. on the game.
That is where they (in my opinion of course) usually f**** up.

But what we have seen until know really s more Metal than Maiden, like somebody said earlier (kudos to you).

And same Problem as Asael !

#1928 5 years ago

It's likeThe Book of Heavy Metal clip

#1929 5 years ago

If that’s for BK gonna be nice, can make up for the Stern BOM cheapness. If it’s something like D&D pinball game that’s exactly what I like.

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I like that animation. Stern might get it this time.
That said I wait for the GUI/ Score Table etc. on the game.
That is where they (in my opinion of course) usually f**** up.
But what we have seen until know really s more Metal than Maiden, like somebody said earlier (kudos to you).
And same Problem as asael !

Nothing is more metal than Iron Maiden dude! Up the IRONS!

...having said that, this game looks totally over the freakin' top in your face METAL and heart-pumping adrenaline dumping FUN!

I only hope the shots are equally as awesome as the artwork, soundtrack, and animations!

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Nothing is more metal than Iron Maiden dude! Up the IRONS!

Zombie Yetis art is "too clean" with its comicbook outlines compared to Black Knights... smudginess (wich usually would be a con).

#1932 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Ok, I hate STERN!!!! I don‘t have room or the Money for more games and now I have to find a way to buy this game.

Yup, I literally just got a Munsters LE a few weeks ago, I have a month to think of a good excuse why I bought this machine...

#1933 5 years ago

I’ve got 2 LE’s left if anyone is still looking.
Send me a PM if interested.

#1934 5 years ago

This hasnt been posted.

IMG_7915.(1) (resized).jpgIMG_7915.(1) (resized).jpg
#1935 5 years ago

Man... I try saving up on a new machine and all of 'em that I want to have are Steve Ritchie games.

So if you don't mind (since we're waiting for new info anyway) maybe endulge me and offer some input:

Star Trek (Pro) - One of the best games ever and I really love it. Great flow. 7 shots if you don't count the targets (and the 'gate' behind the upper right flipper). Vengeance toy is fun to shoot and has a lot of interactivity with drop target lock, magnet, backkicker and shaking ship. Problem with this I allready had one, had to sell it on a *uh* involuntary basis... but... well... rebuying it will give me a great game but I've seen it all allready. (First world problems.) No Star Trek Fan; watched the new movies because of the pinball and liked them (first one most, then second...).

Game of Thrones (Pro) - This one has only 6 shots (I count the ram as a target) and even worse playfield art than Star Trek. I have no connection to the license, so I don't give a sh** about the main theme playing in the beginning but it's a very fun game to shoot and I like the idea of choosing a house and defeating everyone else WAY more then just finishing just scenes from the movies in Star Trek. Toys are ok, definately need a shaker motor to give the flapping wings of the dragon and the ram some oomph! (Then it's great, if not definately looses to ST.)

Black Knight SoR (Pro... because money) - This one has only 5 shots. Only 3 of them uninterrupted (ST 5, GoT 4 if the Ball lock is open). In addition some shots got lost due to the lack of the upper playfield. I'm very sceptical if it has enough flow compared to... well, SRs usual. But I'm a bad player so a really big left lane like here is something I might hit. It definately looks best of all SR games... ever. I allready like the music better than in GoT. Toys seem cool (Shield as a Target and Backkicker mechanism in one and that flail) but of course motion of the Knight (wich was intended) would have been cooler than LED. - So you need the additional 500$ topper to get that. From the sound of it we'll get kind of a fully fledged story mode in this game, wich I would really dig.

So yeah, if BKSoR really delivers on a story mode, shoots good and the "webslinger" VUKs deliver the game back on the ramp in a quick manner this could be the game to go for for me, but shotwise (just by looking on the playfield pictures) and still wanting a "new" (to me) game I'd still go for GoT Pro... but I kinda can't stand the art.

Maybe I need EVEN MORE OPTIONS?! - GoT Pro Vault with new art, Stern?

What a great problem to have... well, when I saved the money that is.

But by then a GoT Pro Vault may even be out... I've allready bought the mods. XD

#1936 5 years ago

Lock mechanism looks cool, watched the teaser video a bunch looks like an under the lock shot feeds a up U curve to the upper lock area.

#1937 5 years ago

What’s with the square spot on backboard? Is that where we see the ompa loompa’s.

#1938 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What’s with the square spot on backboard?

60 Leds that simulate a fire in the castlegate

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

60 Leds that simulate a fire in the castlegate

Oh yeah I forgot about the 2d castle. Sorry to bring it up so soon.

Seeing the 3d model of the game, it seems so obvious that the game needs a really cool sculpt over the catapult lock, a castle wall sculpt along the back and a sculpt over the ball drop at top right. There’s probably not much room but I’ll bet something could be made to fit the space. It looks kind of weird seeing these industrial metal devices on the upper playfield.

#1940 5 years ago

If yeah I forgot about the 2d castle. Sorry to bring it up so soon.

No need to be...

#1941 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Black Knight SoR (Pro... because money) - This one has only 5 shots. Only 3 of them uninterrupted (ST 5, GoT 4 if the Ball lock is open). In addition some shots got lost due to the lack of the upper playfield.

You did count correctly and the upper PF (premium) is the only way to gain extra shots (loops etc).

I have a large collection so I can be OK with some of this and some of that. I have TNA that has 2 orbits one scoop and one lane of drop targets so 4 shots that are not stand up targets. I do really love TNA but if I was on a desert island I would not pick TNA or for a very small collection. DI or ST yes but not TNA.

I am not saying BK SoR has too few shots but you do bring up a good point. Left most shot on the pro is a spinner to a up kicker (wish it could have been another ramp (for example) but I'm just a Joe Schmoe and Steve Ritchie has been designing pins since I was a little kid. Just think ramps are smoother and don't get log jam like if you hit one after the other might get blocked by fist ball that could be distressing.

I do wonder if this was a premium pin first and foremost and they said let's take out 1/3 of the shots and make it a pro.

I really don't know because I don't know how much I would love the upper PF or if it was just meh. If this was like AcDc where the full game was the same (sans lower PF) I would be more ok saying let's get the pro. I really didn't order the LE because I don't know anything about the upper PF.

Will I like the pro (I have a good collection of pro type pins) but I am not sure if it'll play better or worse with the upper PF.

Stay tuned as they like to say.

I really think this pin will be fine with the pro and that multiball you will have a blast. I think in Multiball the lack of shots won't be a big issue. I think the shield loops to another up kicker so that three ways to get to the right ramp return.

#1942 5 years ago

What’s with the square spot on backboard? Is that where we see the ompa loompa’s.

just the burning castle area.

#1943 5 years ago

I think for the money, for the nostalgia, and for the not having to own 3 machines, but just one cool one, why not this one? I have flipped my share of the first two, more than my fair share. This one looks like BK 1.0 + BK2.0K = BKSoR and if the “nostalgia” mode is anyways close to BK2K’s 3 ball multiball, count me satisfied. Besides, what do you want for Premium prices these days, a Munsters, a DP, a BM66, a GOTG, IMDN, another music pin, or The Black Knight? “Whoo-ha-ha!”

#1944 5 years ago

I’m commenting a few days late on the April Fools gag, but I thought I’d show this truly awful birthday card I made and posted on Steve’s FB back in February. Perhaps it was a self-fulfilling flame-broiled prophecy?

C3FEA7CD-75DF-4193-8A82-737E7AC935A7 (resized).jpegC3FEA7CD-75DF-4193-8A82-737E7AC935A7 (resized).jpeg

#1945 5 years ago

I contacted Titan about the blue nubs. He said he thought they were actually fabricated from a silicone sheet, so its not the same process. Sounds like a no go from him.

#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I contacted Titan about the blue nubs. He said he thought they were actually fabricated from a silicone sheet, so its not the same process. Sounds like a no go from him.

Thanks for checking!

#1947 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Just take a black marker and paint it black if it bothers that much.

#1948 5 years ago

I’m trying to think of a layout with 5 up the playfield shots (not counting bash toys, drop or standup targets).

TWD pro 2 ramps, 2 orbits and riot shot. But does have 2 bash toys).

I’m not counting Woodbury shot because it’s not up the playfield.

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m trying to think of a layout with 5 up the playfield shots (not counting bash toys, drop or standup targets).
TWD pro 2 ramps, 2 orbits and riot shot. But does have 2 bash toys).
I’m not counting Woodbury shot because it’s not up the playfield.

ACDC? 2 orbits, 2 ramps,....the bell...if you count that. I guess it would really just be 4 based on your criteria.

#1950 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

ACDC? 2 orbits, 2 ramps,....the bell...if you count that. I guess it would really just be 4 based on your criteria.

Bell is a through shot like the shield in BK where it may or may not go through.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/39?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.