(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 81.
#1851 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This game is going to be soooooo amazing I just can't wait for it Im losing my mind I needed it nowwwwwwww

And I thought I wanted my MBrLE bad... but I agree, this one makes me giddy as hell as well. And if we are lucky it will satisfy my craving for BK2K too. Orherwise it will send BK2K prices through the roof. My brother has an OG BK, though, so at least we have some BK blood in the family.

#1852 5 years ago

I love BK2K so this machine has really sparked my interest in possibly buying my 1st NIB title (even though I've considered others I just never followed through). I understand the upper play field is an iconic feature for the title but; is that and it's components the only difference in the Pro and Premium? The Feature Matrix seems to state that case but maybe I'm missing some other features. Do you think that additional cost of the Premium is too high if the only difference is the upper play field? Perhaps the game play is so much better that the additional cost is justified but either way from the teaser videos this looks like an amazing game.

Usually my budget is less than the cost of a Pro model but I'm hopeful I can somehow find the funds.

Honestly, the biggest disappointment to me is the lack of the mirrored backglass found on the LE model.

#1853 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I love BK2K so this machine has really sparked my interest in possibly buying my 1st NIB title (even though I've considered others I just never followed through). I understand the upper play field is an iconic feature for the title but; is that and it's components the only difference in the Pro and Premium? The Feature Matrix seems to state that case but maybe I'm missing some other features. Do you think that additional cost of the Premium is too high if the only difference is the upper play field? Perhaps the game play is so much better that the additional cost is justified but either way from the teaser videos this looks like an amazing game.
Usually my budget is less than the cost of a Pro model but I'm hopeful I can somehow find the funds.
Honestly, the biggest disappointment to me is the lack of the mirrored backglass found on the LE model.

Is the Premium worth the extra dough? This will vary person to person. Very subjective thing. Is it worth it to you is the real question.
A patient man, which many of us are not, would play both and then decide.

Regarding the mirrored backglass, I see they're calling it that on the feature sheet. Are they still doing the mirrored translite thing, or is it a real silkscreen backglass this time?

#1854 5 years ago

We dont fully know what effects the upper playfield has on game play yet, so right now, its a guess. What we do know is that it locks 3 balls and will start its own mulitball that can be stacked with a lower pf multiball. It also has a loop like BK2K. We probably wont find out until either a JD stream or MGC. So is it worth it? Up to you to decide.

#1855 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is the Premium worth the extra dough? This will vary person to person. Very subjective thing. Is it worth it to you is the real question.

Regarding the mirrored backglass, I see they're calling it that on the feature sheet. Are they still doing the mirrored translite thing, or is it a real silkscreen backglass this time?

Quoted from BrewNinja:

We dont fully know what effects the upper playfield has on game play yet, so right now, its a guess. What we do know is that it locks 3 balls and will start its own mulitball that can be stacked with a lower pf multiball. It also has a loop like BK2K. We probably wont find out until either a JD stream or MGC. So is it worth it? Up to you to decide.

All fair points, and I agree. My question was poorly worded... it seems like a lot of extra money for the upper play field (ball lock, flipper, lexan, 1 drop target, steel rail) but I suppose that's always the case between the Pro/Premium models. I certainly don't want manufactures basing prices on game play (you know the costs won't decrease if it's bad, they will only increase if they are good).

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

All fair points, and I agree. My question was poorly worded... it seems like a lot of extra money for the upper play field (ball lock, flipper, lexan, 1 drop target, steel rail) but I suppose that's always the case between the Pro/Premium models. I certainly don't want manufactures basing prices on game play (you know the costs won't decrease if it's bad, they will only increase if they are good).

I love the theme and BK was my first game, etc. In on Premium currently but I'm actually torn about the upper PF. It honestly looks pretty boring. 3 shots, one of which is a loop. Would have been much better if they could have added another 3 drop target bank up there. Maybe talk to Multimorphic about a cool drop target mech that can mount flush on plastic.

Also shots seems super right-flipper heavy with almost everything returning to the right flipper on the ramp.

Will be very interested in game-play footage on this one...

#1857 5 years ago

plus the pro has a spinner to the left lane shot (premium has a drop target) and the ramp one the pro looks cool not sure I like the ramp feeding the upper PF. Will be about the rules for me if I buy the game.

watching BK2 really looks cool with all the lights and music, the upper PF takes up a lot of the game I never played it before.

#1858 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Orherwise it will send BK2K prices through the roof.

Im not so certain about that. I can only speak for myself, but for the longest time, I've wanted a BK2K. Never came across one here locally. Now, ever since this new one has been announced, I'd rather get a BK3 instead.

There is currently a restored BK2K for 5k in the market, but I think i'd rather pay for a NIB (or lightly used) BK3, than for a nice 4-5k BK2K. BK3 is likely to be the much deeper game.

Of course there are those who will seek to own the trilogy, but I know there are also others who may be limited on space/funds and seek to have only the deepest game with the best replay.

#1859 5 years ago

I'm operating ACDC VE. The window gets scratched up and hazy. Have had to pull it to polish it multiple times.
I'm generally a fan of upper playfields, but not too keen on plastic ones. I don't get this gripe about not being able to see the ball when it goes underneath. Maybe a newb thing?
I wouldnt kick BK prem/LE out of bed, but I'm going Pro.
Would've went prem if the upper pf was wood w/artwork & inserts etc.

I can see with a route game that wood would be better. In this case, I like being able to see the pops, roll over lanes, etc... underneath, I prefer lexan to wood with this layout. In a home environment I think it holds up really well.

#1860 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Upperplayfield with 3rd Flipper, Ball Lock, RGB Floodlights and other shots. Runway lights beneath the metal ramps lightning bolts, Powdercoated metal apron, drop target instead of 2nd spinner...

#1861 5 years ago

It's on the line.....

56352690_10156426641201492_2069164807688290304_n.jpg56352690_10156426641201492_2069164807688290304_n.jpg
#1862 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I canceled my preorder for a pro today. Decided to wait and see and play the game at MGC.

I know it's only been a week since reveal, but where's the gameplay stream? I might have been spoiled by how quickly the Munsters Pro was streamed after the initial reveal, but BK:SOR loses momentum with every day that passes, leading to these types of preorder cancellations.

#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

It's on the line.....
[quoted image]

Uhm...

On the riggt is Ripleys Vault!!!

#1865 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I've bought nearly every Stern LE since Star Trek, every CGC LE. The guy they have partnered with (Jack Danger) to show first looks at live gameplay, and Stern pull a crappy stunt to dangle it in the faces of their customers. Thread drained, order cancelled, I'll be waiting to see what JJP does..

You think you will be less frustrated with JJP

who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpgwho_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You think you will be less frustrated with JJP
[quoted image]

Hmm this post isn't about price. Shocking.

#1867 5 years ago

April 9th. 4pm. Both pro and premium gameplay by none other than DeadFlip !!

#1868 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

old test rig for sure, there's a Sopranos backbox in the background too!

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Hmm this post isn't about price. Shocking.

No like I said before calling out BS

#1870 5 years ago

Not sure about every release but I have seen GBLE, ASLE, IMDNLE, and DPLE and they have actual screened BG and the mirroring effect is very nice in most cases.

#1871 5 years ago

I have had bk2k for almost 8 years now and I can't imagine liking this new one more. I play BK2K weekly if not daily, and it STILL kicks my butt sometimes. I have never considered paying 7500 for a pinball machine in my life, but I am considering this. I will need to play it first to be sure.

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uhm...

More likely the less successful games get used as dummy testers at the factory. Sopranos and RBION? Why vault games that go for 2/3 the price of a nib and that nobody has even been asking about. A guy locally has been trying to sell his Rbion for months.

#1873 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

More likely the less successful games get used as dummy testers at the factory. Sopranos and RBION? Why vault games that go for 2/3 the price of a nib and that nobody has even been asking about. A guy locally has been trying to sell his Rbion for months.

Yeah I was way too quick...

But RBION is a great game, a vault could sell if you redo most of the art package....

#1874 5 years ago

What are the combo shots?

#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone think the clear upper PF is going to be so scratched after a short while so you won't be able to see thru it? I had a WPT that had this issue and with the recent cheapening that Stern does I wouldn't doubt if the plastic isn't has durable as in the past. I ordered a pro but really like the look of the upper PF. I'd like to play one first and upgrade later if possible but that plastic playfield has me concerned.

It’s Lexan and has been used without scratching on other games or without issue. Dialed In has a smallish Lexan upper playfield. Zero scratches or issues and the ball bounces and pounces on it all the time. Keep the balls in good order and wood or Lexan playfield will too.

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Look at the feature sheet LE has:

Upper play field
Mirrored back glass
High end speakers sound system
Invisaglass
Metal flake powder coat paint on all legs and armor, gold bolts
Appears to have lighted speaker rings or colored speaker rings
Inside art blades
Collectors number plate
Signed plate by SR
Shaker motor
Unique art package and back glass

Yes, getting a lot more than just upper playfield on an LE. Add that all up, the value is there. They didn’t use to have this deep extras list on LEs. But since Munsters LE, LE features and quality has really gone up! Impressed now that Stern is giving us LE buyers what we want for extra money spent.

#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It’s Lexan and has been used without scratching on other games or without issue. Dialed In has a smallish Lexan upper playfield. Zero scratches or issues and the ball bounces and pounces on it all the time. Keep the balls in good order and wood or Lexan playfield will too.

If lexan is so durable, why doesn’t any manufacturer make their entire playfield from it and reverse print art on the underside? If you need a window, mask that area of artwork. Something tells me lexan isn’t quite that durable ...

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If lexan is so durable, why doesn’t any manufacturer make their entire playfield from it and reverse print art on the underside? If you need a window, mask that area of artwork? Something tells me it isn’t quite that easy ...

JJP successfully used it on DI. Not a scratch on mine.

BTW, I prefer wood always, but understand why they’re using Lexan in this case. I would hope we never see anyone using Lexan for main playfield. Will stop buying if that happened. Wood is part of the charm.

#1879 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

JJP successfully used it on DI. Not a scratch on mine.

I mean plexi for main playfield plus upper playfield. Get rid of the wood that keeps dimpling.

#1880 5 years ago

I mean plexi for main playfield plus upper playfield. Get rid of the wood that keeps dimpling.

Dimpling too is part of the charm. It’s like a good Pantene on your leather phone case or wallet.

#1881 5 years ago

Listen, strange women, lying around in ponds, distributing swords is no basis for a system of government... but damn if I don’t look at the Premium and say “there is just enough BK2K DNA mixed with OG BK DNA” in that upper playfield, the flail ramp that takes me to the upper playfield like old OG used to through the spinner, plus you give me at least one set of timed drop targets to shoot for, a WAR lane, three bank of bumpers... lower Shield ball lock in the same place as OG lower lock shot, but now with active shield mech, poppers, and mechanical locks... new LCD animations, updated acid metal soundtrack, a more retro Fantasy stylised art package, and ask yourself, why are you not pulling a back muscle right now in your haste to grab your phone and call your distributor and put one on order?

#1882 5 years ago

If lexan is so durable, why doesn’t any manufacturer make their entire playfield from it and reverse print art on the underside? If you need a window, mask that area of artwork. Something tells me lexan isn’t quite that durable ...

Does multimorphic use Lexan? Whatever it is, it works.

#1883 5 years ago

Yeah I have zero worries about the upper playfield. I've owned two WPTs over the years that I played the heck out of them. Keep the game waxed and don't use beaten up balls and it will be fine in any home use situation. Once a year a little Novus 2 maybe.

Clear is the only way to go because it doesn't block the view below. The original two BK's were two level playfields with the same real estate as a single level playfield. Having the clear upper field like BK3 or WPT just adds more mechs and shiny things to shoot for. It literally has a full playfield and an upper playfield.

#1884 5 years ago

Would be better if it was PETG vs Lexan, but if it’s thick enough it probably won’t matter.

#1885 5 years ago

zaccaria used lexan for upper play fields in the 80s and they were super durable and clear.

#1886 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Upper play field
Mirrored back glass
Invisaglass
Inside art blades
Collectors number plate
Signed plate by SR
Shaker motor
Yes, getting a lot more than just upper playfield on an LE. Add that all up, the value is there. They didn’t use to have this deep extras list on LEs. But since Munsters LE, LE features and quality has really gone up! Impressed now that Stern is giving us LE buyers what we want for extra money spent.

No argument here... I wasn't talking about the LE, those costs seem like they are worth the extra cash, at least for some anyway, but I just don't have those funds available for 1 machine.

#1887 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Upper play field
Mirrored back glass
Invisaglass
Inside art blades
Collectors number plate
Signed plate by SR
Shaker motor

Ok.....so now do a comparison list between Pro and PREMIUM model........and show me what an extra $2650 Aussie dollars give me.

#1888 5 years ago

A great night in Bangkok?

#1889 5 years ago

A dingo shooter or a years supply of fosters?

#1890 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Ok.....so now do a comparison list between Pro and PREMIUM model........and show me what an extra $2650 Aussie dollars give me.

GROUP (resized).JPGGROUP (resized).JPG
#1891 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

A dingo shooter or a years supply of fosters?

Fosters...
..Worst........beer...........ever.....

#1892 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Fosters...
..Worst........beer...........ever.....

I used to work w/ an Aussie years back. He told me they bottled that piss for us stupid Americans lol he used to crack my shit up... refferring to people as moles all the time n what-not

#1893 5 years ago

I'm not saying there isn't strong glass that won't scratch. I'm saying if Stern had to pick between Lexan and cellophane I think I know which one they'd go with.

#1894 5 years ago

No need to turn this personal but I'll admit back in my day it was quantity over quality...

olympia
Genesee Cream Ale
piels
meister brau
schlitz
Pabst Blue Ribbon
old dutch

#1895 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm not saying there isn't strong glass that won't scratch. I'm saying if Stern had to pick between Lexan and cellophane I think I know which one they'd go with.

I’m stumped - they seem to have gone with Lexan, so are you saying they couldn’t source sufficient cellophane for the job?

#1896 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not sure about every release but I have seen GBLE, ASLE, IMDNLE, and DPLE and they have actual screened BG and the mirroring effect is very nice in most cases.

It looks downright awesome on GOTGLE in person with the purple glowing orb. On the other hand doesn’t make nearly as big a difference on DPLE. Predicting based on how they look from pics I think BKSORLE will be more like GOTGLE where the mirroring effect adds a lot of wow factor because all the flames and orange.

#1897 5 years ago

Plexiglass is a trade name for Acrylic
Lexan is a trade name for Polycarbonate
Vivak is a trade name for PETG

Acrylic will shatter from a shock load Polycarbonate won't

You can get a coated polycarbonate that is extremely wear resistant but its expensive.

PETG is too soft to use as a playfield surface but you can laser cut it and cold bend it too.

#1898 5 years ago

Live feed April 9 4 pm central https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/

#1899 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

You can get a coated polycarbonate that is extremely wear resistant but its expensive.

this is the best bet. Polycarb is a stable enough substrate to vapor deposit clear transparent metal coatings onto, and it will last really well as long as there isnt any ball bearings bouncing around on it... oh wait, damn. Ok, well uncoated Lexan is pretty durable too...

#1900 5 years ago

Are LE's sold out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/38?hl=stoneyfl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.