(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 81.
#1801 4 years ago

You gotta be kidding!

8E207F74-CCC3-4EF7-AA29-A55437A5274B (resized).jpeg8E207F74-CCC3-4EF7-AA29-A55437A5274B (resized).jpeg

#1802 4 years ago

I'll take April Fool's Day rage over "the sword is crooked and other thoughts on art" and "JJP / WOZ version 612: Black Knight thread edition" any day.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to drooling over the high rez pics from the announce.

#1803 4 years ago

April fools!.. I'm not passing up on Steve Ritchie.. Black Knight, and Metal! \m/.. Disappointed more of you didn't take the bait though.. If this game ships with incomplete code though.. you better know I'll be bitching about this goof off session prior to launch!

#1804 4 years ago

Thinking about canceling my LE order now too. My reasoning is that I don’t want to support a company whose customers would get so insulted they’d get butt hurt over an April fools gag and overreact. I’ve never bought a nib LE before and was looking forward to this, but dammit! I won’t be starting now. Thanks Stern.

#1805 4 years ago

Not sure if this is up there with throwing raw meat to the dogs, but it comes close. People have been dying for 13 seconds more of game play and they palpitate the hearts of SR and Stern fans with a tease like this on AFD and we mere mortals need but to shrug it off as a “Whoo-ha-ha!” from the Black Knight himself? I am wondering if they harvested his steel balls to build the first flail prototype?

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

April fools!.. I'm not passing up on Steve Ritchie.. Black Knight, and Metal! \m/.. Disappointed more of you didn't take the bait though.. If this game ships with incomplete code though.. you better know I'll be bitching about this goof off session prior to launch!

Now admit..did you really get the BKSOR LE for $8500? Or maybe I'll ask you tomorrow.

#1807 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Now admit..did you really get the BKSOR LE for $8500?

doesn't everybody?

#1808 4 years ago

So to sum up today’s thread activity:

People got upset at someone who couldn’t take an April fools joke, which ironically was also just another April fools joke. So they did the very thing they were upset about someone else doing in the first place.

I love the internet

#1809 4 years ago

I'm so worked up about this I'm cancelling on not buying one! I think that will certainly make a statement...

#1810 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So to sum up today’s thread activity:
People got upset at someone who couldn’t take an April fools joke, which ironically was also just another April fools joke. So they did the very thing they were upset about someone else doing in the first place.

I love the internet

Yes, and of all things all this actually took place............( wait for it )........on.........April Fools day

#1811 4 years ago

I'm going on a hunger strike dammit.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I'm going on a hunger strike dammit.

I’m going on another beer and taco binge.

#1813 4 years ago

It’s still April 1st so I’m gonna assume @knockerlover is reverse trolling. Well done bub.

There is no way something so small could set a person ablaze like that unless they wanted to be angry in the first place. ❤️

#1814 4 years ago

Wow Jack. Way to read the whole thread.
Came in to say knockerlover has to be trolling. Hahaha

Well done dude. ❤️❤️

#1815 4 years ago

You can't even trust the trolls on April Fools day.

#1816 4 years ago

I'm more pissed at Burger King for all of this and I'll be taking my business to Wendy's

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm more pissed at Burger King for all of this and I'll be taking my business to Wendy's

Game to be renamed WFoR .... Wendy’s Fries of Rage!

#1818 4 years ago

I fell for it,... because it's a total realistic thing for a pinsider to do.

#1819 4 years ago

Does anyone think the clear upper PF is going to be so scratched after a short while so you won't be able to see thru it? I had a WPT that had this issue and with the recent cheapening that Stern does I wouldn't doubt if the plastic isn't has durable as in the past. I ordered a pro but really like the look of the upper PF. I'd like to play one first and upgrade later if possible but that plastic playfield has me concerned.

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone think the clear upper PF is going to be so scratched after a short while so you won't be able to see thru it? I had a WPT that had this issue and with the recent cheapening that Stern does I wouldn't doubt if the plastic isn't has durable as in the past. I ordered a pro but really like the look of the upper PF. I'd like to play one first and upgrade later if possible but that plastic playfield has me concerned.

I think the PRO is going to grow on people and sell very well despite the purist, nostalgic side of the upper models.

I'm a Pinball lifer and have owned original BK and am very happy with the look of this PRO.

It's 2019, it's a new game on an older theme, accept that and not necessary to have hang ups re upper PF. I too think it will scratch up btw but that's not the reason I'm on a Pro here. Upper doesn't offer enough for the Aussie $ price difference.

#1821 4 years ago

I want to know why Danger and Sexton got Chicken and only Steve got the Whopper. The Whopper is obviously the closest to an LE meal, But figuring out which of the other two meals were Pro and Premium were confusing to me. They should have posted shots of the Burger King Meal Matrix Order Board.

Next we'll hear from the JJP crowd how their staff eat at Cousins Subs or something and how much better the food is and has more robust features.

#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I don't know what the WPT Playfield is made of in detail (plastic is not plastic) but the Lexan Ac/Dc Vault lower-playfield-window seems to do fine.

#1823 4 years ago

I liked when he told everyone "get fucked" at the end of the stream.

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

nice.gifnice.gif
#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I wouldn't be concerned. You can always remove the playfield and polish it, or just buy a new one. the one's for WPT are like $60.

Elvis had a similar lexan playfield as well and I don't really hear anyone complain about durability.

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Haha no that was me reading a comment in chat. Some told me to “Get Fucked”

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wouldn't be concerned. You can always remove the playfield and polish it, or just buy a new one. the one's for WPT are like $60.
Elvis had a similar lexan playfield as well and I don't really hear anyone complain about durability.

It seems most of the in-playfield lexan windows hold up just fine, and can readily be polished back to crystal clear. I've seen Millionaires, Haunted Houses, Speakeasies, Tee'd Offs, and Creatures, to name a few, with tons of plays, and the windows looked as good as new.

If it will only take 30 seconds to remove the upper playfield as claimed, nothing a little novus and a rag couldn't fix. This would be a non issue for me. But is the locking mech and window and minor additional code worth $1700 more? That's the real question in all of this.

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Haha no that was me reading a comment in chat. Some told me to “Get Fucked”

What the sourpusses don't get, DF, is that the joke IS actually on all of you guys this morning.

I laughed my ass off watching the video and chat comments this morning; you guys are probably all literally sh#%ing your asses off now after eating BK...I applaud your intestinal commitment to such a great, hilarious trolling. Bravo!

In all seriousness, I look forward to the first game play streams, keep up the great work as always!

#1829 4 years ago

DeadFlip after that epic troll (not that we didn’t see it coming , but admittedly hoped we were wrong) you need to let us know when we can see this thing for real before MGC ??

#1830 4 years ago

Good April fools joke!

Looking forward to this game. I still play before I buy. For those that don’t, Dead Flip is sooooo much better than having to guess from a picture. Also, I enjoy the commentary from the designers etc.

Stern is getting pretty darn good at releasing games.
Teaser trailers
Tons of high res photos in Day 1
Dead Flip streams
And games out the door soon after.

That’s pretty impressive.

#1831 4 years ago

you can't wait 10 days for MGC reveal?

Quoted from Mando:

deadflip after that epic troll (not that we didn’t see it coming , but admittedly hoped we were wrong) you need to let us know when we can see this thing for real before MGC ??

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

we can see this thing for real before MGC ??

pretty sure they have said the public reveal will be at MGC?

#1833 4 years ago

I like the side art for the Premium, but I like the backglass art for the LE more. Wish I could just order the LE as a translite for the Premium....

#1834 4 years ago

By a LE and put Premium side art on it

#1835 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I like the side art for the Premium, but I like the backglass art for the LE more. Wish I could just order the LE as a translite for the Premium....

I feel like this is always the case for me, like Iron Maiden.. I love LE backglass, and the pro cabinet..

#1836 4 years ago

Stern of the Union will let you know when the reveal stream is. That should go out to you all today!

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Stern of the Union will let you know when the reveal stream is. That should go out to you all today!

So I took the afternoon off for nothing. JK

#1838 4 years ago

Anyone who wants to know how to clear up lexan haze, PM me, I have solution.

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Anyone who wants to know how to clear up lexan haze, PM me, I have solution.

Flame polish? Novus 2?

#1840 4 years ago

Flame polish? Novus 2?

More industrial and dangerous, but the results are stellar.

#1841 4 years ago

I feel like this is always the case for me, like Iron Maiden.. I love LE backglass, and the pro cabinet..

Would be nice if Stern offered LE backglasses as separate translites for sale. There'd be no disrespect to LE buyers I think, in that case. I felt the same way about GBLE. I wanted the LE backglass art on a translite for mounting. No one but Stern could do this, as it's their IP. IMHO.

#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

So I took the afternoon off for nothing. JK

Guy on the stream said he Canceled his dialysis appointment.

#1843 4 years ago

Would be nice if Stern offered LE backglasses as separate translites for sale. There'd be no disrespect to LE buyers I think, in that case. I felt the same way about GBLE. I wanted the LE backglass art on a translite for mounting. No one but Stern could do this, as it's their IP. IMHO.

Plenty of illegal ripoffs on ebay UK. Really don't know why Stern don't put a stop to it and sell themselves.

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Plenty of illegal ripoffs on ebay UK. Really don't know why Stern don't put a stop to it and sell themselves.

Didn't know that. No shits given so I'd be down for that.

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

you can't wait 10 days for MGC reveal?

I can .. but I’m happy to see it sooner

Plus I prefer when DeadFlip streams from the factory less noise than a show get some good insight from designers .

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Plus I prefer when deadflip streams from the factory less noise than a show get some good insight from designers .

I personally love the excitement of a show reveal where the buying public gets to play and enjoy them all for the first time

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Plus I prefer when deadflip streams from the factory less noise than a show get some good insight from designers .

I’m sure Jack will do both. Munsters had its reveal at CEC and a more intimate walk through with designers in the Stern lunch room later that week.

Edit: maybe he’ll do another from knockerlover s under-bridge game room

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't know what the WPT Playfield is made of in detail (plastic is not plastic) but the Lexan Ac/Dc Vault lower-playfield-window seems to do fine.

I'm operating ACDC VE. The window gets scratched up and hazy. Have had to pull it to polish it multiple times.

I'm generally a fan of upper playfields, but not too keen on plastic ones. I don't get this gripe about not being able to see the ball when it goes underneath. Maybe a newb thing?

I wouldnt kick BK prem/LE out of bed, but I'm going Pro.

Would've went prem if the upper pf was wood w/artwork & inserts etc.

#1849 4 years ago

I canceled my preorder for a pro today. Decided to wait and see and play the game at MGC.

#1850 4 years ago

This game is going to be soooooo amazing I just can't wait for it Im losing my mind I needed it nowwwwwwww

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/37?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.