(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 81.
#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hope that’s not April fools

I bet it is...

Well not really, but BK will definately not be the new one.

#1702 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dead flip bk stream this evening... [quoted image]

You know it's an April Fool's joke. No way about it.

#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

You know it's an April Fool's joke. No way about it.

I don't think they would do that. I'm betting it's real. Can't wait to see it.

#1704 5 years ago

I wonder if it's a reverse April Fool's joke. Post it today, assume everyone will think it's a prank, then actually stream it.

#1705 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Jack would never do that...

...btw. when did Bill & Ted came out?

#1706 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

he did say BK... not which black knight game....

so you could be watching the original BK

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

he did say BK... not which black knight game....
so you could be watching the original BK

That would be funny.

#1708 5 years ago

The way Tim Sexton describes the game from batteling the black Knights minions, over swamp lands etc. before getting in the castle sounds awesome.

I'm sceptical nontheless because they talked about the awesome script an writers they had for Deadpool, wich lent to believe there was some kind of story (wich there wasn't) and cool callouts (wich were... at least "toned down" a bit).
(Edit: I still don't know how they could mess this up and not manage to tie the modes together in any way.)

I hope they get this right. Like I said a bit above, battling for an (easy to understand) goal for me is one of the most motivating aspects of a game and if the modes add to the center toy that'd be awesome!

#1709 5 years ago

Its Jack dressed up as the king from burger king playing an older version of black knight.

#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It doesn't?
When people order a game from Stern they generally actually get it, within weeks or max a couple months.

But it's not IN their collections. To each his own but I dont add a game once I pay for it, I add it once I get it in my house. New or used.

#1711 5 years ago

What do you care? Are you casing their homes?

#1712 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

But it's not IN their collections. To each his own but I dont add a game once I pay for it, I add it once I get it in my house. New or used.

By paying it you've earned the right to brag about it!

#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Why do you care and why would you waste your time seeing how many are in people's collections anyway?

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

By paying it you've earned the right to brag about it!

That's true! And it never backfires with Stern.

I remember people will still calling themselves "Magic Girl Owners" till the bitter end when they finally accepted they owned nothing besides a several thousand dollar loss.

#1715 5 years ago

Now, now, now, lets not bicker and argue over who kilt who... we are talking about “THE” Black knight, a very brave and influential knight, if you kinow what I mean... we certainly wouldn’t want to, like, piss him off or anything, right?

#1716 5 years ago

2 complaints about BKSoR Prem / LE models I’d like to register, where do I send them ??? Both are oversights Steve should have not allowed to happen.

1) 1 set of timed drop targets is not acceptable. When there are four banks on BK and two on BK2K, it is a must have at least 2 on SoR. The obvious place for this is the upper playfield. It needs to be there along with a possible 4th flipper. I don’t want to hear how hard it would be to accomplish because the playfield isn’t wood but plexi bullshit. This would give some purpose to spending time on the upper playfield.

2) add a damn bell please!!! Anyone who has played BK in multiplayer knows what I am talking about. This bell rings from the cabinet and pierces the whole room when a game ends and one player gets bonus multiball time based on his score. Not a simulated bell but a real one in the cabinet. Without the bell and programming to support multiball bonus time, this game is not Black Knight, it is Knight in Black.

Nostalgia is ultimate pinball aphrodisiac #bringbackthebell! Tim Sexton is new, so I can’t fault him for role in this blunder, but Steve Ritchie is as seasoned a senior pinball designer as we can expect, some say too salty. Someone tell these boys to get this game done right.

#1717 5 years ago

Wait a minute...is this the first time the pro has had MORE spinners than the prem/LE? This almost had to be Steve poking fun at everyone who complains about spinners being removed from pros usually.

(sorry if this was already pointed out...haven't caught up on this thread completely)

#1718 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's true! And it never backfires with Stern.
I remember people will still calling themselves "Magic Girl Owners" till the bitter end when they finally accepted they owned nothing besides a several thousand dollar loss.

It only backfires with oneself beeing the laugingstock.
(Myself included, when I bought Star Wars Pro NIB sight unseen and sold it 2 weeks later.)

#1719 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Counts when I pay for it... LOL

I wonder if the people who purchased predator, alien and big lebowski machines felt the same way?

#1720 5 years ago

I’m fairly split pro v LE/premium

Have Acdc and ST premium/Le

Have TWD, Metallica and Tron pro

Initially wanted to get the premium but almost might rather have the pro in that

1) cheaper
2) still has full Knight toy with head lights and rear back wall lights
3) may have better ramp action
4) while the upper PF is clear there is still a big blind spot due to the ball lock mechanism
5) somewhat the upper PF (many upper PF feel meh). I don’t mind upper PF per say like Tspp and Woz but as much seem like I’m fine without upper PF and get enough jollies with simple design like IM, Tron, AFM etc,,
6) they didn’t strip out that much from the pro mainly the upper PF

But I prefer the premium artwork.

#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

they didn’t strip out that much from the pro mainly the upper PF

Everyone laments that Stern doesn't put enough engineering/ toys in their games (minus Batman'66) but then buys the further stripped down version 'because it's not THAT bad'.

I love everything I've seen of the new Black Knight so far but there is no denying the Pro does look bare (as always).

Edit: And no that is not meant as an attack, I couldn't afford a Premium/ LE either, so the Pro is better than nothing. But that is why JJP in (only) this regard is way more popular...

#1722 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Everyone laments that Stern doesn't put enough engineering/ toys in their games (minus Batman'66) but then buys the further stripped down version 'because it's not THAT bad'.
I love everything I've seen of the new Black Knight so far but there is no denying the Pro does look bare (as always).

Tron is bare, worked out ok.

I’m not sure you are correct that everyone laments that Stern doesn’t put enough toys on their pro. I never complain about that. I do lament that Stern took away PF sopports from the pro pins for a long time and took away a $4 spinner from Metallica for example but I don’t complain about Met not having hammer or TWD not having moving ramp and crossbow. Often I don’t give a darn about those upper level toys. I mean hammer or crossbow may be ok but I’m perfectly fine without them.

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Tron is bare, worked out ok.

I was not saying bare equals bad.
Heck I play a lot of Maiden and there's no real toy to speak of in it.

But still i'd wanna go for the "full experience" and long for the late 90's mechs quality.

If I'd have the money to buy an BKSoR LE,... I wouldn't know if I'd buy it next to a MMR.
Full interactive castle or LED animated flames on a castle painted backpanel?

That said:
I don't want the MMR. I want the BK LE to have a full molded castle on the top playfield instead of a ball locking mech covered in 2 plastics.
How awesome would that be?!

Or at least something (molded) that resembles a catapult that this lock is supposed to symbolize.

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I was not saying bare equals bad.
Heck I play a lot of Maiden and there's no real toy to speak of in it.
But still i'd wanna go for the "full experience" and long for the late 90's mechs quality.
If I'd have the money to buy an BKSoR LE,... I wouldn't know if I'd buy it next to a MMR.
Full interactive castle or LED animated flames on a castle painted backpanel?

Some fully motorized pins are not all that and a bag of chips. I mean look at JM or JD or which have a ton of stuff on board while AFM hardly has more than BK3 pro except for more ramps.

I find MM with castle and trolls to be ok game in that the shots may take a backseat to the toys.

Your results may vary.

Every pin has only so much room for shots and it’s possible for toys to take up real estate from the shots.

I don’t disagree that the older B/W pins were more intricate and that Stern can be quite cookie cutter I mean is it SM or ST is it IM or Met or GotG. But I do love a good few Stern pins.

#1725 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Edit: And no that is not meant as an attack, I couldn't afford a Premium/ LE either, so the Pro is better than nothing. But that is why JJP in (only) this regard is way more popular...

Yeah, I thought WoZ was stuffed with everything.....then i played a POTC. Is there anything they didn't put in that pin?

#1726 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Some fully motorized pins are not all that and a bag of chips. I mean look at JM or JD or BW which have a ton of stuff on board while AFM hardly has more than BK3 pro except for more ramps.
I find MM with castle and trolls to be ok game in that the shots may take a backseat to the toys.
Your results may vary.

Yeah. Full of stuff doesn't equal to greatness either but I really miss the wow-moments of MMs castle, JMs Hand (still loving it and it seems I'm the only one this doesn't get old for) and so on...
And we'll never gonna get that again if the engineering cost hast to be financed with a copule of hundered LE's and unknown quantities of Premiums, while the Pro is the big seller.

#1727 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Yeah, I thought WoZ was stuffed with everything.....then i played a POTC. Is there anything they didn't put in that pin?

3 spinning discs and an openable (is that a word?) chest would've been awesome.

Nah, it's great but sometimes I think JJP overdoes it. XD

With Houdinis center stage mech and the catpult (and all the decoration) that's really close to what I wish for in a game (mechanically).
Edit: And of course The Big Lebowski.

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

"I think the upper PF lock is a halfpipe design similar to the skill shot in WCS. I'd guess the spike in the lock is only there when lock is lit to trap the balls. If lock isn't lit, then the ball can spill through. I believe the part on the right is the transition to the upper PF from the Flail Lane.

I think it's something along these lines. My guess is that area does more than lock balls. When the lock isn't lit it either comes above and back out to the playfield or goes around somehow.

If so, that makes the upper playfield pretty cool. A loop, lock shot, ramp, and ball lock.

#1729 5 years ago

Are they streaming a pro or LE tonight? My guess is pro, but just curious if anyone knew.

#1730 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Are they streaming a pro or LE tonight? My guess is pro, but just curious if anyone knew.

Regular.

Edit: Williams

#1732 5 years ago

than, for those caming late, it will be this :

bk (resized).jpgbk (resized).jpg

until (as said above), it could be a joke of the joke and we'll see the new one (evbd is hoping so)

#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Assuming it's not a joke, Pros stream first.

#1734 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hope that’s not April fools

Is he streaming from the Logan Arcade?
A few days ago they posted a picture on instagram from there BK2K -> https://www.instagram.com/p/BvkRKjJHaur/

#1735 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

than, for those caming late, it will be this :
[quoted image]

While bickering a whole lot :
I've played the BK and BK2000 and I very much like the idea of the lexan upper playfield with the full playfield beneath, since the upper playfield in the old BKs are more of a 'lifted' playfield. - There was nothing beneath that upper playfield to shoot for and on top of that I've found the shots on BK2000 to be hard to see.

#1736 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I heard they had to tie Steve Richie down to a chair before telling him the Pro had to loose the upper playfield. Even then, 2 interns lost 3 theeth and an eye before they got him calmed down.

If any podcaster would ask him how many interns actually got clobbered in this decision process that'd be awesome.

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If any podcaster would ask him how many interns actually got clobbered in this decision process that'd be awesome.

I think it is intentional marketing genius.
When companies produce three tiers of a thing, the middle tier is the one they hope to sell the most of.

#1739 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think it is intentional marketing genius.
When companies produce three tiers of a thing, the middle tier is the one they hope to sell the most of.

I don't think that Stern sells more Premiums then Pros.
Since Pros are for Location and about 50% of their sales still move to Location and many people can't afford a Pro or see enough difference to the Premium the Pros propably sell waaay more then Premium & LE combined.
Not that it proves much but with WWE there is not even a Premium and the LE didn't sell out. (And the game is not THAT bad. It was the Hulkster shitstorm that was the final nail in the coffin.)

#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't think that Stern sells more Premiums then Pros.
Since Pros are for Location and about 50% of their sales still move to Location and many people can't afford a Pro or see enough difference to the Premium the Pros propably sell waaay more then Premium & LE combined.
Not that it proves much but with WWE there is not even a Premium and the LE didn't sell out. (And the game is not THAT bad. It was the Hulkster shitstorm that was the final nail in the coffin.)

I think it depends where you live. While pro’s are labeled as the location pin, here in California (and Vegas) operators seem to gravitate toward PREM/LE’s. Pro’s are scarce around here. So by my experience and demographic, i would say pro’s are the true limited edition machines - but globally, i doubt that is the case.

#1741 5 years ago

Round here I’d say pros are 2 : 1 maybee even closer to 3 : 1

#1742 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Why do you care and why would you waste your time seeing how many are in people's collections anyway?

Or I was in the Black Knight page and noticed owners already listed. Wasnt making a big deal out of it but please feel free to waste your time being confrontational

#1743 5 years ago

We have a lot of LE's around here!! I am not sure I really buy this 50/50 split either I seem to have an easier time finding games and peoples homes than location though since moving to Raleigh a lot more places to play!

#1744 5 years ago

Jack just out up a video saying he is Heading to Stern to Stream it.

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

- humor
- proper solder joints
- wires cut to a length that accommodates the rocking of the black pearl
- an action button that doesn't bind

#1746 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

- humor
- proper solder joints
- wires cut to a length that accommodates the rocking of the black pearl
- an action button that doesn't bind

Potc= stern
JJPOTC=JJP

#1747 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Potc= stern
JJPOTC=JJP

i'll take 'unnecessary semantics post' for $500 Alex.

#1748 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Potc= stern
JJPOTC=JJP

Black Knight = this thread
Black Pearl = take it somewhere else

#1749 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dead flip bk stream this evening... [quoted image]

He added a video noting he's headed to meet Steve and Tim at Stern, so either the "joke" is being continued, or we're really going to see BKSR at ~6pm.

EDIT:

Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Missed your post before posting mine (though I don't recall him saying anything specific to suggest he'll be streaming BKSR)

#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Steve probably has all the bk games in his office. So is Jack streaming bk or bk2000? I'll be hugely (and happily) surprised if this isnt an April fools joke.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.