(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 81.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, power ramps, pops, orbits, etc. Those are filler modes in the sense that they are not dedicated objective based modes with unique animations, light shows, callouts, etc.

Ok. These types of objectives have been around since well forever.. on metallica for example after you spell metallica by hitting ramps you start lady justice mode... this has custom lightshow, animations, music, and callouts? Is this an example of a modern stern filler mode? Because personally I think it’s bad ass... easy to understand, fun to shoot, gets me to later objectives (ciu). That’s an example of what your talking about right?

#1602 4 years ago

Quick comparison of three versions of BK that form it’s legacy -

BK - four timed 3-target banks over two levels. There are three metal ramps, two physical ball locks, two magna-saves, 3 balls and 4 flippers. Real backglass. Cost $2k - $4k.

BK2K - two timed 3-target banks over two levels. There are two wireform ramp, two physical ball locks, one magna-save, 3 balls and 3 flippers. Backglass. Cost $2.5k -$4.5k.

BK3K LE - one timed target bank over two levels, great art and sound. There is one metal ramp, two physical ball locks, one magna-save, 6 balls, 3 flippers and one cool toy. Backglass on LE only. Cost $5.5k -$8.5k.

Thus proving the theory ... BK + BK2K = BK3K.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Whenever I see a bunch of "super" or "power" modes offered on a $6k-$9k pin I can't help but to cringe.

Ladies and gents I think I have a new favorite all time Panzer post!

It’s like...so ridiculous you can’t even argue about it.

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Quick comparison of three versions of BK that form it’s legacy -
BK - four timed 3-target banks over two levels. There are three metal ramps, two physical ball locks, two magna-saves, 3 balls and 4 flippers. Real backglass. Cost $1k - $3k.
BK2K - two timed 3-target banks over two levels. There are two ramp, two physical ball locks, two magna-saves, 3 balls and 3 flippers. Cost $3k -$5k.
BK3K prem - one timed target bank over two levels, great art and sound. There is one ramp, two physical ball locks, one magna-save, 6 balls, 3 flippers and one cool toy. Backglass on LE only. Cost $5.5k -$8.5k.

Better adjust those prices to 2019.

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ladies and gents I think I have a new favorite all time Panzer post!
It’s like...so ridiculous you can’t even argue about it.

With you being a Stern fanboy I wouldn't expect you to be able to! Guess I just expect more from a $6k-$9k pinball purchase then 6 main modes and a bunch of generic super modes. My mistake for bringing up any criticism about the game. Best to just give my $6k-$9k and not question anything!

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Better adjust those prices to 2019.

adjusted, thanks.

#1607 4 years ago

A 2K pin from 1980 (roughly BK's price in 1980) would be over 6K today.

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, Dialed In has 11 main disaster modes that are not filler modes but rather objective based with unique animations, light shows, etc. The Bob modes are the throwaway type modes in that game but thankfully theres only a few and also custom animation work for them and a dedicated multiball mode at the end of them to reach. BK3 though only has 6 main modes and a ton of filler type modes.

The 11 Diaster modes are pretty simple.
Shoot the theater 3 times
Shot these 3 shots

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The 11 Diaster modes are pretty simple.
Shoot the theater 3 times
Shot these 3 shots

Wow, you haven't played the game, or don't understand the ruleset at least, because that's not true. Also...all pinball modes are about hitting X amount of shots at the end of the day. Why are you now criticizing Dialed In yet again in a BK3 thread and now making things up about its ruleset?

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

A 2K pin from 1980 (roughly BK's price in 1980) would be over 6K today.

No need to adjust figures for inflation when you have real world games you can buy. Just look in market place to get values on BK and BK2K. Better condition game are at higher end of listed ranges. But safe to say for $8.5k you could get both BK and BK2K in high end condition or a BK3K.

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, you haven't played the game at all, or don't understand the ruleset, because that's not true. Why are you now criticizing Dialed In yet again in a BK3 thread and now making things up about its ruleset?

I own Dialed In. I probably know it better than you do. You’re on here criticizing every Stern game.

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I own Dialed In. I probably know it better than you do. Your on here criticizing every Stern game.

Sounds like you don't understand its ruleset as theres much more to it then what you described. Also, I'm not criticizing every Stern game here, my goodness. I just complemented several Stern pins a few posts ago with what I like about their rulesets.

The only thing I brought up was the mundance nature of super modes which I said is my opinion. Questioning something doesn't equate hate, its just a critical thought which for a $6k - $9k purchase should be normal. My mistake.

#1613 4 years ago

Only on pinside can we have debates over games that haven't yet been released.

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like you don't understand its ruleset as theres much more to it then what you described. Also, I'm not criticizing every Stern game here, my goodness. I just complemented several Stern pins a few posts ago. The only thing I brought up was the mundance nature of super modes. Sorry I questioned anything. Don't question anything, just hand Stern your money!

I’m not going to sit here and right down every mode on dialed in. Most are 3-6 shots to complete. You just compare every stern release to a jjp game.
I understand your passion for jjp but that few days that is all you have done is criticize stern and bring up how jjp is better. If you need references I’ll post them.
Have you said anything positive about BKSoR?

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I’m not going to sit here and right down every mode on dialed in. Most are 3-6 shots to complete. You just compare every stern release to a jjp game.
I understand your passion for jjp but that few days that is all you have done is criticize stern and bring up how jjp is better. If you need references I’ll post them.
Have you said anything positive about BKSoR?

Yes multiple times! I mentioned things about the cool toy design of the Black Knight, the music, the 6 objective based modes, etc. Not going to repost them all. You are picking sentences and phrases out of my posts like a political ad.

Critical discussion and points is normal in a general thread about a game.

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With you being a Stern fanboy I wouldn't expect you to be able to! Guess I just expect more from a $6k-$9k pinball purchase then 6 main modes and a bunch of generic super modes. My mistake for bringing up any criticism about the game. Best to just give my $6k-$9k and not question anything!

Wtf are you talking about?

Your complaints are meaningless and have no substance. It’s like complaining about hurry ups or double jackpots, or whining about double bonus.

“All filler! Jjp would never do that!”

Someone give this man some toys so he can go to his happy place

Not everybody wants to argue about JJp vs. Stern but you crowbar it into every single thread you infect. I don’t think you even know what you are arguing about anymore, you are just operating on same base animal involuntary level.

“Super spinner!!! Stern strikes again! You’ll never see that on Willy Wonka!!!”

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

. Best to just give my $6k-$9k and not question anything!

Isnt that why you own Ghostbusters?

#1618 4 years ago

The way I view the significant differences of three BK’s ...

BK - Having a 4th flipper, 4 timed target banks, 3 metal ramps and industry first upper playfield make BK the sentimental fav.

BK2K has good music but an annoying upper playfield that end drains often, making it the most frustrating upper playfield ever. Can’t stand playing this one for long.

BK3K looks the most like BK2K, but will be distinguished by great art, great music, great sounds and great video plus cool interactive Black Knight toy and topper. This should be the deepest, most fun version of Black Knight yet.

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes multiple times! I mentioned things about the cool toy design of the Black Knight, the music, the 6 objective based modes, etc. Not going to repost them all. You are picking sentences and phrases out of my posts like a political ad.
Critical discussion and points is normal in a general thread about a game.

My apologies then. Just saw your last few posts.

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wtf are you talking about?
Your complaints are meaningless and have no substance. It’s like complaining about hurry ups or double jackpots, or whining about double bonus.
“All filler! Jjp would never do that!”
Someone give this man some toys so he can go to his happy place.
You are a complete cancer to these threads. Not everybody wants to argue about JJp vs. Stern but you crowbar it into every single thread you infect. I don’t think you even know what you are arguing about anymore, you are just operating on same base animal involuntary level.
“Super spinner!!! Stern strikes again! You’ll never see that on Willy Wonka!!!”

If you actually read my posts you would have read that I said JJP games have done this as well. I was just expressing my opinion of not being a fan of super modes. Instead you call me names and insult me, grow up. Your regular and insulting attitude is a cancer to this site. If you don't like someone's opinion you insult them, call them names and or act like a smart ass. Come on dude.

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you actually read my posts you would have read that I said JJP games have done this as well. I was just expressing my opinion of not being a fan of super modes. Instead you call me names and insult me, grow up. Your regular and insulting attitude is a cancer to this site. If you don't like someone's opinion you insult them, call them names and or act like a smart ass. Come on dude.

You are complaining about the software on a game you haven’t played yet or even seen on stream and saying it isn’t befitting of a “6-9k pinball machine.”

Do you ever turn it off, even for like 10 minutes? This game will be out soon enough and then you can complain to your heart’s content without seeming absolutely ridiculous. Just be patient.

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are complaining about the software on a game you haven’t played yet or even seen on stream and saying it isn’t befitting of a “6-9k pinball machine.”
Do you ever turn it off, even for like 10 minutes? This game will be out soon enough and then you can complain to your heart’s content without seeming absolutely ridiculous. Just be patient.

Dude owns a Hobbit and is in here complaining about Stern games.
Clearly we're not all on the same page as to what's fun when it comes to pinball.
If Hobbit is your bag, have at er -but don't expect to get the same feeling when playing a Stern game.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Again, all I did was say I'm not a fan of super / power modes and was ridiculed for it. I like the look of the game and toys in BK3. I would just prefer more objective based modes. It seems more ridiculous to not have any critical discussion about the game. I also wasn't the one who originally brought up JJP or Dialed In, there were several others who started bashing that game and I just responded to those posts.

Time for me to exit this thread. The amount of hate from a few people in this thread is sad. Like the guy above now insulting me for owning a Hobbit, wow. Mentioning not being a fan of super modes = Stern sucks. No, come on. If you don't want to read any criticism then go to an owners thread.

Hope everyone who has ordered the game enjoys it, game looks cool and is one of Sterns more original designs. I may get one down the road after I get a chance to play it.

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"Power" and "super" modes always come across as filler modes in my opinion and are a grind as they have the player hitting the same shot over and over again. It's a way to artificially inflate the number of modes in the game and avoid coding more interactive modes.

or they are ways to have features that don't monopolize the game. Features that overlay and allow more than single tracking. They allow you to do things without requiring everything go through a 'start mode' gate.

Loop Jackpots is a great example of this...

Not every game should be 'make sure you complete these 32 modes'.. nor is every game trying to fake it has so many modes.

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Again, all I did was say I'm not a fan of super / power modes and was ridiculed for it. I like the look of the game and toys in BK3. I would just prefer more objective based modes. It seems more ridiculous to not have any critical discussion about the game. I also wasn't the one who originally brought up JJP or Dialed In, there were several others who started bashing that game and I just responded to those posts.
Time for me to exit this thread. The amount of hate from a few people in this thread is sad. Like the guy above now insulting me for owning a Hobbit, wow.
Hope everyone who has ordered the game enjoys it, game looks cool and is one of Sterns more original designs. I may get one down the road after I get a chance to play it.

Never insulted you for owning a Hobbit. Just sayin it's a very different cup-of-tea from modern Sterns.

#1626 4 years ago

I like JJP, Stern, CGC games and many others. Should I have my head checked?

#1627 4 years ago

Fact:
50% of all pinside arguements end in someone acting all indignant.

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Fact:
50% of all pinside arguements end in someone acting all indignant.

You are wrong! You don't know what you're talking about!

#1629 4 years ago

FWIW I am pretty excited about this machine and I may need to get one. I can’t wait for a stream so we can get a feel for the game.

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

FWIW I am pretty excited about this machine and I may need to get one. I can’t wait for a stream so we can get a feel for the game.

Your collection says you have two JJPOTCs; you should totally sell one for a Black Knight if you like it

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Your collection says you have two JJPOTCs; you should totally sell one for a Black Knight if you like it

Exactly the plan, if I decide to get one! I’m moving home to Texas and my Los Gatos machine leaves tomorrow.

#1632 4 years ago

Hopefully, there will be one to play at the K-Zoo show next month. I will no longer buy games that I don't play first.

#1633 4 years ago

Really looking forward to a stream of this machine-

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Really looking forward to a stream of this machine-

Agree, Hopefully before MGC in 2 weeks!

#1635 4 years ago

While are all waiting to see the gameplay video, let's consider the possibilities for the LCD. I can't wait to see what they do with the battle animations!

#1636 4 years ago

The wizard mode had better end with you unmasking the Black Knight to show Steve Ritchie’s face.
I also wouldn’t mind a “Who’s your daddy, ha, ha, ha!” quote thrown in their as well.

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No need to adjust figures for inflation when you have real world games you can buy. Just look in market place to get values on BK and BK2K. Better condition game are at higher end of listed ranges. But safe to say for $8.5k you could get both BK and BK2K in high end condition or a BK3K.

For Sale ads are not an indicator of actual value. An average of sold prices are. Crazy sellers are asking whatever crazy number they want, especially lately.

Want to buy my player's Taxi for $6500? Of course you don't.

#1638 4 years ago

Has anyone really done a good shot for shot and mode breakdown comparing this to some of the JJP titles? It’d be nice to hear about quality differences as well.

#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Want to buy my player's Taxi for $6500? Of course you don't.

Depends on the shooter lane....

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

The wizard mode had better end with you unmasking the Black Knight to show Steve Ritchie’s face.
I also wouldn’t mind a “Who’s your daddy, ha, ha, ha!” quote thrown in their as well.

I just hope the artwork isn't slightly off, lol!

#1641 4 years ago

As an owner of BK and BK2K and will own a Stern BK premium soon I feel the need to discuss the most important parts of this new release. Here they are:

Mom Jean's
Emojis
Bob the Builder
Shit box that takes my picture when I don't want it taken
Waaaaaaah, I want my pinball to tell me a story, a mode based story.

Can we flush the turd that is DI into it's own thread and stay on topic? Please?

#1642 4 years ago

What other modern games only have a return to the right flipper ?

#1643 4 years ago

Ok what real toys does dialed in have in it and please don’t tell me about the drones or the bob builder on a stick or the stupid chicks arm which are not great toys at all. It’s a cool game don’t get me wrong but the theme is just not great. Hoping wonka is way better

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Avatar, BBH, GB pro, homepins Thunderbirds
Funhouse only returns to left flipper so does Twilight Zone as does FYG and Shrek, Baywatch.
TNA has no return to any flipper in lane and it is an awesome game
One of the most popular games of all time Addams Family

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Just leave the right flipper up on the return and pass it over to the left, problem solved. At first I was worried about this too but the more I thought about it the less concerned I was. We don't need to be spoon fed returns on all flippers. It's old school, challenging pinball. I think this game is gonna be wicked fast, with shots coming full speed right back at you. It will be like modern rules but with early SS difficulty. That's what I see anyway, something to rival Iron Man.

#1646 4 years ago

GB pro ?

Seems pretty standard , but I’m sure it will shoot well still

#1647 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

GB pro ?
Seems pretty standard , but I’m sure it will shoot well still

Thank you

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Only on pinside can we have debates over games that haven't yet been released.

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ELVIRA 3.

#1649 4 years ago

Gimme your money...........umm no!

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So I have a theory regarding the large discrepancies in the girth of the “Sword of Rage” in its various depictions in the artwork.
After careful review and minutes of consideration I believe that the Sword of Rage (tm) is in actuality a metaphor for the Black Knight's "psychic member"!
Like most men, he derives his amazing confidence and power from his own mind's eye view of the enormity of his phallic being at any point in time.

If you got the boner!
(Ha ha ha ha ha ha)
If you’re up all night!
(Oh yeeeaaaah!)
Bom chicka wawa!
(Come here, sweet honey!)
Meat of BLACK MIGHT!
(Ha ha ha ha ha ha)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 300.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.