(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 81.
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I cannot believe that I just read through 2 pages of art nitpicking.... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE can we all move on now....

If that's the worst thing they got to complain about, it's a good day on Pinside.

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

It looks like the Black Knight is pissed and giving “the bird” on the LE side art. AWESOME!
“Play Sword of Rage and Fck Off!!!!!!!!”
[quoted image]

Pretty sure he is saying "Bit@h Better Have My Money"

#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

If that's the worst thing they got to complain about, it's a good day on Pinside.

Yes. If it's a great shooter, I'm in. I think the art is pretty cool, just those few things are odd.

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I cannot believe that I just read through 2 pages of art nitpicking.... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE can we all move on now....

Yeah I know when I walk up to a pinball machine, the first thing I do is stare at the art for at least 20 minutes making sure everything is perfect and anatomically correct before I put my money into the machine.

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah I know when I walk up to a pinball machine, the first thing I do is stare at the art for at least 20 minutes making sure everything is perfect and anatomically correct before I put my money into the machine.

If I put it in my room I do.

That's why Ghostbusters stayed 3 months without playing before finally managed to persuade myself to sell it.

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Good advice for other things as well, if you are so inclined.

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The Black Knight needs his arm and wrist to bend like that to help when navigating around Luci's misplaced hip.

#1508 5 years ago

Hello, I have no neck! No neck! Still one of the best early ss games made.

I don’t give a rat’s ass the guy has no neck.

EFEFDF6A-66C9-4BCD-91BC-2CF3A816973B (resized).pngEFEFDF6A-66C9-4BCD-91BC-2CF3A816973B (resized).png
#1509 5 years ago

Look at this monstrosity!!! The horse’s hoof is backwards.

RustyLizard better sell that BK2K. Better not see one at league.

187952E3-7F27-4A27-B27B-97DF66866387 (resized).png187952E3-7F27-4A27-B27B-97DF66866387 (resized).pngE285D3DC-2568-4221-83D9-73099D54B0D2 (resized).jpegE285D3DC-2568-4221-83D9-73099D54B0D2 (resized).jpeg
#1510 5 years ago

Haha, I truly admire the passion, but after skimming this thread some of you are definitely nucking futs.

I think I'm all in for this one. It looks amazing. The soundtrack and artwork are awesome, and I suspect the gameplay will be, too.

#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Not to mention the BK was lefty in 1980 and righty in 1989 and ambidextrous in 2019!

#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not to mention the BK was lefty in 1980 and righty in 1989 and ambidextrous in 2019!

Black Knight is such a badass he can beat you with just his legs

DC8F776C-D1D3-4302-B9E6-8499A213D7E5 (resized).jpegDC8F776C-D1D3-4302-B9E6-8499A213D7E5 (resized).jpeg
#1513 5 years ago

One thing popping out to me in the Teaser & Trailers:

Why is "Sword of Rage" in the credits (or whatever you name it) listed as a registered Trademark of Williams?!

Does any new 'stacked' license automatically belong to the original license holder, dis it exist before but never got made or is this just a mistake?

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Just stare at Jungle Lord's issue and this won't bother you.

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

It was the first thing I noticed when they revealed the artwork. At first, it didn't bother me too much, but everytime I look at it, it always catches my eye, especially as someone who likes to draw.

I have a video for you. It should be right up your alley. #ocd

#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I just like staring at the turtle on Police Force.

#1518 5 years ago

I agree that art needs to be polished but you guys are screaming bloody murder over the tiniest move of a wrist! Come on fellas, really! Get a life! Get the other translite if it's an issue for you.

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I cannot believe that I just read through 2 pages of art nitpicking.... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE can we all move on now...

(I'm not responding to you about your visual acuity abilities, just the comment in general)

Hey man -- Let the artists discuss what they see, and the non-artists can continue to ignore all the nitpicking of the (obvious mistakes sensed by artists)

Just like, I cannot distinguish notes and tones in wine, and I like "most" wines... a wine-guy would go nuts sampling wine with me at a winery, I'd be like -- wow this is all great stuff !!! And he'd be like "Nooo -- the floral tones in the cabernet you just tasted -- just aren't up to par for that vintage, you really should try this one..." PFFT...

Those of us with training and talent in certain areas -- sense and communicate a richer deeper experience of that realm, and thus, are far more critical as our brains can sense flaws and imagine via comparison "how" something could be better...

You are wise to continue to ignore the nitpicking visual artists (who can see more distinctions than non-artists), as the majority of people cannot sense these visual mistakes, as they see "symbolically" just like I taste "symbolically" -- YEP, this is wine! That's about all I can sense and distinguish about wine.

hahaha
-mof

#1520 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

(I'm not responding to you about your visual acuity abilities, just the comment in general)
Hey man -- Let the artists discuss what they see, and the non-artists can continue to ignore all the nitpicking of the (obvious mistakes sensed by artists)
Just like, I cannot distinguish notes and tones in wine, and I like "most" wines... a wine-guy would go nuts sampling wine with me at a winery, I'd be like -- wow this is all great stuff !!! And he'd be like "Nooo -- the floral tones in the cabernet you just tasted -- just aren't up to par for that vintage, you really should try this one..." PFFT...
Those of us with training and talent in certain areas -- sense and communicate a richer deeper experience of that realm, and thus, are far more critical as our brains can sense flaws and imagine via comparison "how" something could be better...
You are wise to continue to ignore the nitpicking visual artists (who can see more distinctions than non-artists), as the majority of people cannot sense these visual mistakes, as they see "symbolically" just like I taste "symbolically" -- YEP, this is wine! That's about all I can sense and distinguish about wine.
hahaha
-mof

Is this really about wine or WHINE? jk.

#1521 5 years ago

I enjoy the bitching. Keep it up!

That sword angle is the type of mistake I make, and I can't draw worth shit. The shield is similar, but a bit better than my abilities with perspective.

Can't wait for the game to be released so we can move onto bad shot angles, cheap mechs, cabinet cracks, and my personal favourite, DIMPLES! YES!!! YES!!!!

(I AM dead serious).

#1522 5 years ago

Maybe the artists here can come up with an alternative translite. I'd be psyched to see what they can come up with, even better if they get to the marketplace.

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Can't wait for the game to be released so we can move onto bad shot angles, cheap mechs, cabinet cracks, and my personal favourite, DIMPLES! YES!!! YES!!!!
(I AM dead serious).

I can’t wait until the Black Knight looses control of his flail and takes out some invisiglass.

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I can’t wait until the Black Knight looses control of his flail and takes out some invisiglass.

If a troll popping up when a ball is rolling over it and slams the ball into the glass like what happens on MM/MMR multi balls and the glass doesn't shatter, than what chance does a loose flail have?

#1525 5 years ago

Can’t wait for my LE to ship. Going to be a great pin.

#1526 5 years ago

BUYER BEWARE

If you're thinking about ordering black knight, remember that Stern playfields have a tendency to warp after about 6 months.

You will not be able to level your playfield properly, it will ruin gameplay and they will not help you with a replacement. They will tell you that it meets their quality standards.

Oh, and there's a good chance you'll have extremely visible wood grain right out of the box, ruining the playfield artwork that artists spent many hours on creating. Enjoy!

#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If a troll popping up when a ball is rolling over it and slams the ball into the glass like what happens on MM/MMR multi balls and the glass doesn't shatter, than a what chance does a flail have?

Yeah, I don’t know how many times I’ve nailed my BK2K drawbridge as it’s lowering and thought the glass was going to shatter.

That flail looks crazy fun though.
Can’t wait for MGC!!!

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

BUYER BEWARE
If you're thinking about ordering black knight, remember that Stern playfields have a tendency to warp after about 6 months.

Only Star Trek and that's a feature!

#1529 5 years ago

We need gameplay video stat in order to stop this madness!!!

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

We need gameplay video stat in order to stop this madness!!!

medieval madness

#1531 5 years ago

At what stage is Art Discussion and Disappointment on the Pinside New Game Hype Cycle? I feel we’re a little pre-mature this time. Shouldn’t we still be complaining about Coil Counts or something?

#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

At what stage is Art Discussion and Disappointment on the Pinside New Game Hype Cycle? I feel we’re a little pre-mature this time. Shouldn’t we still be complaining about Coil Counts or something?

Yeah! What is the coil count on this. I don’t even think it was discussed. Also, is BKSOR going to have ball save on by default?

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

It'll stop once the game ships and then they can then start complaining about playfield dimples, cabinet quality and code.

#1534 5 years ago

I'd like to talk about the (little) shots but I'm afraid you might hang me.

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

hahaha
-mof

I think you need a wine ....

#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

hahaha
-mof

Ok? If a wine expert was comparing wine to Pepsi maybe. It’s a Pinball machine. Art maybe but more a comic book art not a Rembrandt. Not many artists critiquing Marvel comics. Would I hang this machine on my wall, no. Would I smash a ball around on the canvas, heck yeah.

#1537 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

BUYER BEWARE
You will not be able to level your playfield properly, it will ruin gameplay and they will not help you with a replacement. They will tell you that it meets their quality standards.
Oh, and there's a good chance you'll have extremely visible wood grain right out of the box, ruining the playfield artwork that artists spent many hours on creating. Enjoy!

Go home, you're drunk.

#1538 5 years ago

Calling any friend of Jack Danger:

Would you please ask him when he's streaming BK3?

And would you then post his reply here?

That would be much appreciated. I just tried to ask him myself during his stream but I was ignored.

Thanks!

#1539 5 years ago

For the record, I am not bitching or complaining about the oddities in the art. Just pointing them out and thinking to myself... they have meetings about all this stuff. How do they not see it and say.. "hmmm... this is a little off, let's adjust it so it looks right."

These guys are professionals, and the way Gomez and his team runs this ship, I am surprised it makes it past them to development.

Still think it looks cool and the most important thing is the shots and if its fun!

#1540 5 years ago

Really need gameplay videos so you all have something else to complain about lol....

#1541 5 years ago

Waitin for the black version...but that will be a vault edition. You know it’s in the works. Looks like a good shooter.

#1542 5 years ago

Game looks ok
I like the Metalocalypse music in the trailer
They should make one based on that cartoon now that would be metal

#1543 5 years ago

I meant great the game looks great

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really need gameplay videos so you all have something else to complain about lol....

I agree. NEED this. I can't wait to see Jack D throw his earbuds down in disgust lol

Seriously, I am setting a whole night aside to watch this game in action!

#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Quick question from an inexperienced NIB Stern Buyer.
Usually i wait to see reviews come in before i commit to a Pin.
If all goes good i would buy a premium of this game, i love the theme and would be perfect for my collection.
If i wait till the Premiums roll out and then buy will i run the risk of missing out?
is preorder the way to go with stuff like this?
i am only a few months deep in this hobby and this will be my 3rd NIB machine i think.

No. They can make as many Premiums as they want. Not limited at all.

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

That would be much appreciated. I just tried to ask him myself during his stream but I was ignored.
Thanks!

From what I could gather in the other days stream when he “wasn’t” talking about it, he will live stream from MGC.

#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

For the record, I am not bitching or complaining about the oddities in the art. Just pointing them out and thinking to myself... they have meetings about all this stuff. How do they not see it and say.. "hmmm... this is a little off, let's adjust it so it looks right."
These guys are professionals, and the way Gomez and his team runs this ship, I am surprised it makes it past them to development.
Still think it looks cool and the most important thing is the shots and if its fun!

Well, it IS the same industry where everyone at AP saw "Photoshopped from 3 different women" pretzel-girl and thought "This is fine."

#1548 5 years ago

Quoted from mof:

hahaha
-mof

Mof, raise that pinky of yours and watch Sideways or something.

#1549 5 years ago

Steve put his
Love and passion into this game guys and gave us what looks like a masterpiece; and people on here got to bitch about the stupidest stuff on here. Game looks great I can’t wait to play it and try it out

#1550 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks!

And please , critically and foremost....make sure he gives his opinion on the artwork placements.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/31?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.