(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 81.
#1351 5 years ago

Game looks bad ass. I’m anxiously waiting for the prequel:
“Deadflip:Stream of Rage”

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I’ve got an Le coming. So glad it came right before I was seriously thinking of pulling trigger on Oktoberfest.

Bullet dodged!

#1353 5 years ago

What he said.

#1354 5 years ago

I know you guys are just beefing but for real, these people need to start announcing games and shipping them 2 weeks later like Stern (and even JJP this time with YRB).

We've seen this many, many times...a reveal followed by months of nothing while Stern games grab all the sales.

#1355 5 years ago

Pro cab would look great next to my MMR.

#1356 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

No need to fret over losing out on an LE. All the cabinets look awesome, so unless getting the real backglass is critical for you, its best just to wait for a premium. Let the early guys work out the bugs/issues and form a solid consensus on its play. At least that's the stance I'm taking on this title.

Right with you. I happen to much prefer the Premium's artwork anyway - AND with upgraded siderails and a complete customized powdercoating (better than Stern's repeat BM66 black w/ flakes on the LE), it will look all the better! Shaker, pinblades, speaker lighting, and PDI glass can all be easily added to complete the essentials for a unique personalized game.

#1357 5 years ago

What are y'all thinking regarding Pinstadiums for this one?

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Probably not.

With the PF layout the way it is you only really need lighting on the bottom 1/2. Plus the long metal shooter lane would look crap with the zebra-stripe effect. Plus castles are not lit like stadiums, they are lit with carefully placed torches. Plus the backboard castle buring effect and upper PF RGB GI lighing would both probably be diminished by stadium lighting.

I'd rather have more mood appropriate lighting for this theme. See how it is out of the box and add a couple spots if necessary.

I just finished adding spots to my IMDN LE and it came out great. Visibility if great and the mood is perfect.

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Plus the backboard castle buring effect and upper PF RGB GI lighing would both probably be diminished by stadium lighting.

Are you sure of the RGB GI lighting on this one ?

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from November:

Are you sure of the RGB GI lighting on this one ?

Red and white gi lighting.... 24 rgb inserts and 2 rgb spotlights on upper playfield

#1361 5 years ago

Well at least we made it 1356 posts before the pinstadium comments came around... #deadhorse

#1362 5 years ago

...I hope the castle burning effect on the backboard goes off in attract mode a lot - my BKSoR can double as a nice fireplace for the room.

#1363 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Metalhead here.. I need to get some likely completely uninteresting and probably irrelevant stuff off my chest.. I keep hearing people say stuff like.. "I heard this awesome guitar and I was like yeah of course Scott Ian.. yeah! \m/.."
OK, yes, Scott Ian is a legend, Anthrax, stormtroopers of death.. He's an awesome songwriter, riffmaster, harmonic melody, etc. BUT, he is not known as being a guitar shredder/soloist. That's why the band had Dan Spitz in the early years, through Paul Crook, then Rob Caggiano, and finally Jon Donais (of Shadows Fall fame \m/).. ANYWAY
That's where Brendon Small comes in.. Brendan is first a comedian.. but I came to know and love his work through Metalocalypse.. a cartoon network show about a metal band called "Dethklok" where Brendan writes all the songs, plays guitar/bass, and sings.. it's awesome stuff, and his live shows as a "virtual band" are freaking amazing and hilarious. When you hear a shredding guitar solo on black knight, that's him! He's an unbelievable lead guitarist. (as many of you know he also did the voice of the sparky and the snake on metallica, and the narrator of aerosmith which was very similar to his "facebones" character on metalocalypse..)
Just go on you tube and watch videos for scott ian, then brendon small.
Anyway.. TL;DR. Scott Ian plays Rhythm, Brendon Small Plays Lead together they make the music for black knight sword of rage..

Hey! Cool!

This is good to know!

I mean, I'm not crazy about the most annoying voice in pinball having anything to do with BK3, but it's still interesting to learn he wears many hats and that he is teaming with Ian on the project. IMHO, this is one theme where Sparky-style humor would be out of place. Ditto: over-the-top lead guitar that lampoons the genre a la This Is Spinal Tap.

The original piece of music that we hear in the teaser - downtempo, super-heavy, badass - is *way* more my jam than the bangy stuff that we hear in the gameplay trailer.

#1364 5 years ago

If the gi is anything like IM, then it will be a must. This one has rgbs though, so if the colors drastically change with the modes it would interfere. If not, red pinstadiums are going in.

#1365 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

...I hope the castle burning effect on the backboard goes off in attract mode a lot - my BKSoR can double as a nice fireplace for the room.

Great idea! Hopefully my wife thinks the same way....

#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:...I hope the castle burning effect on the backboard goes off in attract mode a lot - my BKSoR can double as a nice fireplace for the room.

Actually building on this idea it could be a super cool config setting for “Fireside Attract Mode” where the fire would be burning with crackling sounds all super mellow and every once in awhile one of the game characters (BK himself or a minion) would say something conversational and they would basically have a fireside chat with funny lines and casual observations.

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Excellent! I look forward to seeing this streamed by you ASAP.

Going to be around 5 weeks I've been told, can't wait!

#1368 5 years ago

What model is Deadflip going to stream?
Hopefully Pre/LE .

#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What model is Deadflip going to stream?
Hopefully Pre/LE .

It sounds like he’ll be streaming from MGC and they’ll have pros to play along with Premium and/or LE prototypes.

Edit: in two weeks

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I just imagine Ed saying “Shoot the right ramp” in his best lady voice.

Ed voices the skeleton.

#1371 5 years ago

Off Stern's FB page:

Stern Pinball - A lot of people asking for Black Knight... first public viewing... MGC, Milwaukee Wisconsin!!

#1373 5 years ago

Guess I'm new here. 7 downvotes for asking about lighting? Wow.

#1374 5 years ago

No, you asked specifically about Pinstadiums for the game and people simply didn’t agree.

Welcome to town sheriff!

#1375 5 years ago

The subject of Pin Stadium lights is pretty polarizing here.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The subject of Pin Stadium lights is pretty polarizing here.

I agree with you. Be aware of the led police.

#1378 5 years ago

Wow the LE is stunning!

D865BBBC-8612-44BF-AC6A-E1E9ADB28C0A (resized).jpegD865BBBC-8612-44BF-AC6A-E1E9ADB28C0A (resized).jpeg4D039FFB-05C6-47B9-A193-517CBF586B6B (resized).jpeg4D039FFB-05C6-47B9-A193-517CBF586B6B (resized).jpeg90A7C1DB-A92F-466F-9A11-C92E74817F67 (resized).jpeg90A7C1DB-A92F-466F-9A11-C92E74817F67 (resized).jpeg
#1379 5 years ago

Octoberfest sill be fine. It was possibly the surprise hit of the Texas show. I went from not being interested to really liking it.

I would suspect that this might affect sales of Munsters the most. Same distros, changing orders etc. BK is looking pretty awesome! I’m still going to play it first before considering a purchase.

#1380 5 years ago

This game is gorgeous! Can’t wait for my LE. Hmmmmm what to sell

#1381 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wow the LE is stunning!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t do that frankmac . Trying to be strong here and play a premium before ordering. Then people like you f*ck everything up. This place is like holding an Alcoholic’s Anonymous meeting in a Pub.

#1382 5 years ago

I hope there are humor elements in BKSOR (without being overdone, obviously). I’ve heard Steve frequently joke about the BK's kind-hearted nemesis, The Beige Knight. Will he make his peaceful debut in the BK universe? Will we see animations of the BK facepalming, shaking his head and rolling his eyes in disgust at this annoying, pale-faced knightly nincompoop? It would be funny as hell to hear the BGK stomp his feet, wag his finger and lecture the BK to stop being so mean...right before BK whacks him on top of his noggin, kicks him in the bum and throws him out of his castle before yelling at him "No way! F off!". But that’s just me.

#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:... This place is like holding an Alcoholic’s Anonymous meeting in a Pub.

lol

So true.

#1384 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wow the LE is stunning!

It certainly is. Stern has really improved their games' artwork since the "Age of Photoshop"!

The Premium and Pro aren't too shabby either:

12-black-knight-sword-of-rage (resized).jpg12-black-knight-sword-of-rage (resized).jpg

23-pre-black-knight-sword-of-rage (resized).jpg23-pre-black-knight-sword-of-rage (resized).jpg

#1385 5 years ago

Loving the pro. Just concerned about it being a right flipper game. So many shots feed to the right flipper. Thoughts?

#1386 5 years ago

Strange that it's called sword of Rage, and the knight is not holding a sword on 2/3 of the backglasses and not at all in the game. Mace of Rage? Flail of fury?

#1387 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Loving the pro. Just concerned about it being a right flipper game. So many shots feed to the right flipper. Thoughts?

Everything does feed to the right flipper and only one ramp... looking fwd to a gameplay video .

#1388 5 years ago

They called it SoR so internally calling it SR unlicensed pin made more sense.

#1389 5 years ago

Mace of Rage would have been better - too much like Swords of Fury - Mace of Rage more fitting i think

#1390 5 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Mace of Rage would have been better

Yep.

Mace of Rage
Mace of Pain
Mace of Savagery
Mace of Doom
Mace of Spades, the Mace of Spades!

#1391 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t do that frankmac . Trying to be strong here and play a premium before ordering. Then people like you f*ck everything up. This place is like holding an Alcoholic’s Anonymous meeting in a Pub.

I am in the same pinaholics room with ya. I can be quoted as saying that “Black Knight would have to blow my socks off.”

“Now I am looking for my socks.”

Well done Steve Richie and Tim Sexton.

“Stern is an pinabler.”

#1392 5 years ago

Ordered one through pinballs.com. Thank you Mike and Kayla. I was going to skip this one, but hearing Steve talk about the topper - that sold me. I can only imagine being taunted by the Black Knight while playing. It seems like the humor and interaction is going to be a homerun.

#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Ordered one through pinballs.com. Thank you Mike and Kayla. I was going to skip this one, but hearing Steve talk about the topper - that sold me. I can only imagine being taunted by the Black Knight while playing. It seems like the humor and interaction is going to be a homerun.

Mike and pinballs.com are great!!! The toppper sounds amazing. Congrats on your BK..

#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Mace of Rage would have been better - too much like Swords of Fury - Mace of Rage more fitting i think

and there is no sword in the game

#1395 5 years ago

Thank you - always a pleasure doing business with him. Does anyone know if the Kenwood (or premium) speakers are in this one?

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

They called it SoR so internally calling it SR unlicensed pin made more sense.

They allready explained this.

The player has the sword and needs to charge it or something like this.

I hope (not) that the flippers do sword sounds.

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

and there is no sword in the game

Its on the LCD screen, apparently you charge it to whatever point you like during the game and hold it until you need the power, then use it as required.

Like Zap Jackpots.lol

#1398 5 years ago

My apartment came with light switches which I turn on when playing pinball. Kind of like the "after" Pinstadium pics...

#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Its on the LCD screen, apparently you charge it to whatever point you like during the game and hold it until you need the power, then use it as required.
Like Zap Jackpots.lol

tumblr_m336glqenc1r04pibo1_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_m336glqenc1r04pibo1_500 (resized).jpg
#1400 5 years ago

Posting that above...

For the Vault Edition this may as well be a Masters of the Universe Pin with Skeletor in the middle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/28?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.