(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 81.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I’ve got an Le coming. So glad it came right before I was seriously thinking of pulling trigger on Oktoberfest.

Just get both!

You want it...

46341577 (resized).jpg46341577 (resized).jpg
#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The more i look at this game the more i like it and i think the artwork on the pro kicks the Premium and LE’s ass! I cannot wait to play this game. Those orbits are going to be fast AF i bet!

LE all day.

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

I'm super intrigued by Ed Robertson doing call outs...

I just imagine Ed saying “Shoot the right ramp” in his best lady voice.

#1304 5 years ago

Metalhead here.. I need to get some likely completely uninteresting and probably irrelevant stuff off my chest.. I keep hearing people say stuff like.. "I heard this awesome guitar and I was like yeah of course Scott Ian.. yeah! \m/.."

OK, yes, Scott Ian is a legend, Anthrax, stormtroopers of death.. He's an awesome songwriter, riffmaster, harmonic melody, etc. BUT, he is not known as being a guitar shredder/soloist. That's why the band had Dan Spitz in the early years, through Paul Crook, then Rob Caggiano, and finally Jon Donais (of Shadows Fall fame \m/).. ANYWAY

That's where Brendon Small comes in.. Brendan is first a comedian.. but I came to know and love his work through Metalocalypse.. a cartoon network show about a metal band called "Dethklok" where Brendan writes all the songs, plays guitar/bass, and sings.. it's awesome stuff, and his live shows as a "virtual band" are freaking amazing and hilarious. When you hear a shredding guitar solo on black knight, that's him! He's an unbelievable lead guitarist. (as many of you know he also did the voice of the sparky and the snake on metallica, and the narrator of aerosmith which was very similar to his "facebones" character on metalocalypse..)

Just go on you tube and watch videos for scott ian, then brendon small.

Anyway.. TL;DR. Scott Ian plays Rhythm, Brendon Small Plays Lead together they make the music for black knight sword of rage..

#1305 5 years ago

DeadFlip I'm raging for a gameplay stream.

#1306 5 years ago

If anyone still looking for an LE, I'm 99% certain Zach at flipnout pinball has one pre order spot left. Can't go wrong with Zach! 847.778.4876

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If anyone still looking for an LE, I'm 99% certain Zach at flipnout pinball has one pre order spot left. Can't go wrong with Zach! 847.778.4876

He got my order. And the order after that and the order after that....

#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Metalhead here.. I need to get some likely completely uninteresting and probably irrelevant stuff off my chest.. I keep hearing people say stuff like.. "I heard this awesome guitar and I was like yeah of course Scott Ian.. yeah! \m/.."
OK, yes, Scott Ian is a legend, Anthrax, stormtroopers of death.. He's an awesome songwriter, riffmaster, harmonic melody, etc. BUT, he is not known as being a guitar shredder/soloist. That's why the band had Dan Spitz in the early years, through Paul Crook, then Rob Caggiano, and finally Jon Donais (of Shadows Fall fame \m/).. ANYWAY
That's where Brendon Small comes in.. Brendan is first a comedian.. but I came to know and love his work through Metalocalypse.. a cartoon network show about a metal band called "Dethklok" where Brendan writes all the songs, plays guitar/bass, and sings.. it's awesome stuff, and his live shows as a "virtual band" are freaking amazing and hilarious. When you hear a shredding guitar solo on black knight, that's him! He's an unbelievable lead guitarist. (as many of you know he also did the voice of the sparky and the snake on metallica, and the narrator of aerosmith which was very similar to his "facebones" character on metalocalypse..)
Just go on you tube and watch videos for scott ian, then brendon small.
Anyway.. TL;DR. Scott Ian plays Rhythm, Brendon Small Plays Lead together they make the music for black knight sword of rage..

Great to know that the soundtrack and probably call outs were done by a guy with a sense of humor. It makes the pin more appealing, to me.

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

...Center metal ramp looks like it has a flap that opens directing the ball towards the pops

i see the flap (2 in fact), but nothing logical and/or open to get the ball back directly in the pop
and no "moving" ramp in the PDF... a miss or a surprise !? dont think so

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He got my order. And the order after that and the order after that....

Looks like you and I are also in the same line on the upcoming JJP release too

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Looks like you and I are also in the same line on the upcoming JJP release too

Yep call me crazy but JJP is the one company I am willing to gamble on site unseen and with Zach I know I have options without haggling.

#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I always have a little bit of trouble seeing where all the shots go in the pictures. Shot map anyone?

http://www.pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=963

Interactive Playfield Map that looks like this...

PinballZoo_Playfield_map (resized).pngPinballZoo_Playfield_map (resized).png
#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yep call me crazy but JJP is the one company I am willing to gamble on site unseen and with Zach I know I have options without haggling.

With all the crap that has gone on in pinball the last ten years buying sight unseen is like pre-pay

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Can hardly wait to play this new Ritchie pin, maybe his next one could be HSIII !

Here's the car for it. BTW, it's not a Lambo . . . wink, wink!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1315 5 years ago

Buying anything sight unseen is just asking to be let down.

#1316 5 years ago

I would consider waiting to buy my LE until playing it if you crackheads would stop snatching up all the games within 24 hours of them going on sale. The FOMO in pinball is unreal.

That being said, I put my deposit in on my LE yesterday, really looking forward to being let down!

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I just imagine Ed saying “Shoot the right ramp” in his best lady voice.

I hope not... There is no right ramp!

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I would consider waiting to buy my LE until playing it if you crackheads would stop snatching up all the games within 24 hours of them going on sale. The FOMO in pinball is unreal.
That being said, I put my deposit in on my LE yesterday, really looking forward to being let down!

Do HUO LEs sell above retail after launch much anymore? If you're OK waiting six months or so, seems relatively safe to wait and make sure you're satisfied before you pull the trigger.

#1319 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do HUO LEs sell above retail after launch much anymore? If you're OK waiting six months or so, seems relatively safe to wait and make sure you're satisfied before you pull the trigger.

No, not with 500+ units. Some occasionally sell at a premium early on, but overall they all seem to settle in at a 5-10% discount within 6-12 months. I can't recall any holding a premium price since ACDC. I've been able to pick-up HUO IMDN, SW, DI, TWD, Metallica and other LE's within 6-12 months of launch for a good discount. I'm tempted sometimes to buy NIB but then come to my senses and wait to play the game and let them work out any issues.

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Depends on the title, from my experience. If it's a desirable theme with a solid rep for (mostly) finished code, good shots, etc, that's a lot more likely. Also depends on the size of the LE run. In Canada, it doesn't seem like LE's go up for sale that often.

#1321 5 years ago

Yea I think with the current street price and 600 of them no likely to go up .. even Maiden LEs are going for $500 less now. It’s a loss for sure but it nice to get it NIB and be one of the first to play it so what’s what worth to you ? You will also probably have to fix a thing or two

#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

That is what I was thinking but doesnt the far left shot shoot it up through a VUK to the top playfield also?

BK2K also allows access to the upper playfield through either VUK or ramp, so this seems right to me.

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Depends on the title, from my experience. If it's a desirable theme with a solid rep for (mostly) finished code, good shots, etc, that's a lot more likely. Also depends on the size of the LE run. In Canada, it doesn't seem like LE's go up for sale that often.

Fair point, Canadian market is different and I imagine it's a PITA importing from the states.

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Buying anything sight unseen is just asking to be let down.

Except for mail order Russian brides, right?

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yah it sucks for us "non-hype" motivated types. I'm mean holy s#$t!

We haven't seen a game play stream

We haven't played the game.

The 600 LE machines are sold out in a couple of days.

This whole "missing out" thing is a monster. I need to play the game. Fall in love with the game. Then hand over $9000 to have the game in my collection.

Guess the only LE I will ever own is a used HUO. Otherwise I will forever be a premium buyer.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pinball.com ask for Mike DaDonna 1-800-727-8363

I just spoke with Mike and he has a few LE BKSOR spot left..

That was fast Mike usually gets a pretty large allotment of LE’s.

He is in today Pinballs.com

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Yah it sucks for us "non-hype" motivated types. I'm mean holy s#$t!
We haven't seen a game play stream
We haven't played the game.
The 600 LE machines are sold out in a couple of days.
This whole "missing out" thing is a monster. I need to play the game. Fall in love with the game. Then hand over $9000 to have the game in my collection.
Guess the only LE I will ever own is a used HUO. Otherwise I will forever be a premium buyer.

The LE models are not sold out.

#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I also haven't seen anyone talking about how the Pro has all RGB lighting in the playfield inserts. That's a first for a Pro.

LEDs started as an LE feature, and worked their way down to being standard on a Pro. This could mark the beginning of that happening for RGB LEDs on all Pros.

I hope this is the standard going forward. It has to cost Stern more money to program and support two different LED models than just to provide full RGB on all models. It cost me about $40 to construct a board to drive 20 RGB LEDs (including the TI chips and LEDs) - Stern can do it far cheaper than me.

#1329 5 years ago

Wow, so no upper PF on the Pro. $5K+ is not enough to include a basic play feature of the Black Knight series. Well, this one is going on my "not even going to play it on location" list since I never see PRE / LE models out in the wild. Stern sucks. Stop enabling them.

#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The LE models are not sold out.

They will be before I can play one. And likely before there is a solid stream of the game play.

#1331 5 years ago

I think there are plenty of LE's left out there...for those who want them. I'm guessing the LE's will dry up shortly after the live stream...unless the stream completely tanks.

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Guess the only LE I will ever own is a used HUO

The better way anyway... why play the lottery when you can wait, and maybe for a little more pick a known winner.

#1333 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

deadflip I'm raging for a gameplay stream.

I asked him on his last Twitch stream as did countless others no doubt, but he just says "soon". Definitely want to see this one in action. Had only planned to buy Elvira 3 this year nib, but the this one is very tempting. Will probably go Pro if I do partly because I prefer the art package on it, partly because I'm not a big fan of mini playfields and partly because historically I've liked Pro models when others haven't.

#1334 5 years ago

I'll be interested to see how that spinning mech on the BK will hold up. That is a lot of force and leverage being placed on him. I could be wrong, but in the promo video, if you look closely, it appears there is some wobble on that part as it is spinning already. But given George's experience with design and building toys, I would think it should be pretty stout...

Hope it holds up though, looks pretty bad ass.

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think there are plenty of LE's left out there...for those who want them. I'm guessing the LE's will dry up shortly after the live stream...unless the stream completely tanks.

Which seems highly unlikely, that last part.

im hoping for winner winner chicken dinner!

#1336 5 years ago

When are we going to see a stream!!!!

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'll be interested to see how that spinning mech on the BK will hold up. That is a lot of force and leverage being placed on him. I could be wrong, but in the promo video, if you look closely, it appears there is some wobble on that part as it is spinning already. But given George's experience with design and building toys, I would think it should be pretty stout...
Hope it holds up though, looks pretty bad ass.

Wobble and closeness to the Black Kight's right hand looks like that hand will wear or break. Replacing that toy would be mucho $$ I would think.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The better way anyway... why play the lottery when you can wait, and maybe for a little more pick a known winner.

wait?.. WAIT?...

#1339 5 years ago

Time for a Stern vid of their fully operational battle station showcasing all the BK’s and Mun’s on the line or ready in boxes.

Fan-ta-stic!!!

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Wobble and closeness to the Black Kight's right hand looks like that hand will wear or break. Replacing that toy would be mucho $$ I would think.

I noticed that earlier, looks like the springs are rubbing his hand causing the wobble.

#1341 5 years ago

I think that's just how the mech is. It's not wobbly from abuse.

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I really hope this sells and Steve makes another High Speed.

With the supercharger on the pro!

#1343 5 years ago

No need to fret over losing out on an LE. All the cabinets look awesome, so unless getting the real backglass is critical for you, its best just to wait for a premium. Let the early guys work out the bugs/issues and form a solid consensus on its play. At least that's the stance I'm taking on this title.

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

... I put my deposit in on my LE yesterday, really looking forward to being let down!

Excellent! I look forward to seeing this streamed by you ASAP.

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

No need to fret over losing out on an LE. All the cabinets look awesome, so unless getting the real backglass is critical for you, its best just to wait for a premium. Let the early guys work out the bugs/issues and form a solid consensus on its play. At least that's the stance I'm taking on this title.

Yeah I was real close to jumping in on an LE yesterday. But really the LE brings nothing I care about or can't add myself later for 1/10th the cost of the upgrade EXCEPT the mirrored backglass. So I came to my senses and put myself on the list for a Prem - give me time to play a pro at least and see a gameplay stream or two.

On the mirrored translight front, someone must be able to make a mirror translight for a guy, right? PM me if you've got "information"...

#1346 5 years ago

Man this is soooooo awesome!!!!

I want it

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

this is true, Stern made the premium look soo nice and there is nothing critical on the LE.

It's a win if you want an LE (because you should be able to get one without paying through the nose).
It's a win if you want a premium because you can add shaker, side art, anti glare glass as you see fit.

I prefer the premium art package (but they all look great) but I could get a premium + shaker and have enough left over to get 4 pieces of PDI glass.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

They have mechanical engineers on every project to handle these things. Designers come up with the game concepts - the engineers make them real.

Besides... these are two balls hitting each other.. which means it's the most optimal shape you can possible have to minimize risk of 'slams' vs sliding. It also has sprung mounts which also take any impact energy. It's also unlikely the plastic toy supports the bracket and shaft at all.. so it's more about having a big mass out over a long shaft. I would expect a beefy bracket that serves as the base for both the rotating shaft, and the shaft supporting the shield.

I think the shield one stands at more risk than the rotating one..

#1349 5 years ago

What would make the game even better would be if we had to rescue a princess from the castle...

...a really lewd one of course, in all it's classic 'Heavy Metal' glory.

More Pinball Ladies on the Translite!!!

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah I was real close to jumping in on an LE yesterday. But really the LE brings nothing I care about or can't add myself later for 1/10th the cost of the upgrade EXCEPT the mirrored backglass. So I came to my senses and put myself on the list for a Prem - give me time to play a pro at least and see a gameplay stream or two.
On the mirrored translight front, someone must be able to make a mirror translight for a guy, right? PM me if you've got "information"...

True because we all know HD glass is no longer necessary...

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 4.08.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-28 at 4.08.54 PM (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/27?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.