(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 81.
#1251 5 years ago

There are 3 shots on upper playfield- loop,lock, lock target

Doesn’t sound like the pro will have the catapult mb so no 6 ball mb

Pro will be faster from what I gather but missing the catapult mb may suck.

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Says in matrix on premium player can select to go upper or lower. Lift ramp in shooter perhaps.

That would be cool.

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Says in matrix on premium player can select to go upper or lower. Lift ramp in shooter perhaps.

Yep, I think it’s either a soft plunge to the lower or hard plunge to the upper.

623C4F55-4A35-423C-8942-E4CD1AEEED3E (resized).jpeg623C4F55-4A35-423C-8942-E4CD1AEEED3E (resized).jpeg
#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What does this represent from the theme?

Catapult

#1255 5 years ago

Yep a weird drop onto the plastic and playfield? 20190327_233203 (resized).jpg20190327_233203 (resized).jpg20190327_233116 (resized).jpg20190327_233116 (resized).jpg

#1256 5 years ago

There sld still be a 6 ball mb on pro... its probably the wizard mode. Its probably missing the catapult mb like munsters is missing grandpa mb.

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep a weird drop onto the plastic and playfield? [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeh, that is a bit unusual.

#1258 5 years ago

Anybody can recognize if the orbit has two controlled gates?

In the promo video you can only see the orbit shot from left to the right multiple times.
Left gate does stop the ball for the pops in one shot of the video.

Hoping that the left gate is controlled or we would miss another bit of flow/ the right orbit shot.

#1259 5 years ago

2 controlled gates in pop bumper area

#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, that is a bit unusual.

Looks like a soft plunged ball will return to the gate and then ride the metal support onto the wire form that goes to the right flipper. Check out the overhead pic of the playfield.

#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

I've forgotten if it was the Tim Sexton or the Steve Richie interview, but one of them mentioned it was a catapult. I think it was Tim.

He gave a lot of info on what we will be seeing on the LCD in the different modes. It was a good interview

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-249-the-show-where-i-talk-to-tim-sexton-about-his-work-on-black-knight-sword-of-rage_142657

#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from Pindiddy:

Looks like a soft plunged ball will return to the gate and then ride the metal support onto the wire form that goes to the right flipper. Check out the overhead pic of the playfield.

I think it hits a metal guide and then plastic and goes under the wire form? Its really hard to tell

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from Pindiddy:

Ah, yeh, I think youre right. That's actually quite cool - better than plopping down on to the PF.

#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ah, yeh, I think youre right. That's actually quite cool - better than plopping down on to the PF.

From.the side pic i posted it looks to go under the wireform onto the playfield

#1265 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think there are two parallel stories going on. One for each playfield.

On the top playfield you’re helping villagers load catapults to attack the Black Keep and lower its main defenses, allowing you to breach it and fight the Black Knight in the throne room.

On the bottom you’re traveling to different kingdoms and defeating the Black Knight’s minions to steal his power, which helps weaken him during the final battle in the keep.

That’s my understanding, anyway. Could be a really cool story-driven risk/reward concept!

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

2 controlled gates in pop bumper area

You're 100% sure?

Would be great!

#1267 5 years ago

In on a LE!

Now I need to sell a few games!

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You're 100% sure?
Would be great!

In one of the pictures stern posted you can see them

#1269 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are you really complaining that the Black Knight looks too muscular?

Sure am. The bash toy looks fine, but the image by the flippers looks like someone got carried away. Just comical. Like he was hanging out with Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds all these years.

#1270 5 years ago

I'll take a swole knight playing thrash metal any day. This knight has been hitting the gym for 4 decades straight. FOUR DECADES. There's a reason he's the champ. If you want to take on a soft lad playing Kenny G, I'm sorry, but this just isn't the game for you, BK will break you.

#1271 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Joe sells sterns?

No, I think he knows someone. I’ll hopefully figure it out tomorrow.

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

From.the side pic i posted it looks to go under the wireform onto the playfield

Mw that I look at it I think youre right.

#1273 5 years ago

Anyone else notice that there are no star posts in the pictures. Are all of the new Sterns like that? I like it.

#1274 5 years ago

Mythologies:

Timballs has been tasked with imagining an extensive story/mythology of the Black Knight for the purposes of creating game’s objectives. A flail (morning star?), a shield, catapults, villagers, a castle, a keep within a castle, a siege to said castle, minions, skeleton armies, sword power that can be stolen, treasure troves of gold, etc., etc. The Coast2Coast interview with Timballs touches on a lot of it and it’s a bit dizzying. Hats off to the young’un for his thoroughness! Still, the mythology of the Black Knight is a bit different in my imagination. It was a Frank Frazzetta painting from ‘73 called The Death Dealer that mesmerized me long before I ever saw either of the Williams BK pinballs. Thanks in large part to that one representation, the Black Knight to me doesn’t live in a keep in a castle. He lives nowhere. His clydesdale of a horse carries him into and out of the mist, like a phantom. He has no family, no use for gold coins, no earthly desires or dreams, as he is basically a ghost. He is the original Terminator, I guess. The notion that you could lay siege to his keep and vanquish him is incongruous. He’s inviolate. He can’t be vanquished. Of course, some of you might think instead of the Black Knight made hilarious by John Cleese in Monty Python and the Holy Grail - “It’s just a flesh wound!” - but for me it’s Frazzetta all the way. Could Tim have spun a ruleset from my mythology? Well, clearly not, as the ultimate wizard mode in the game appears to be your chance to kill the Black Knight. I just throw it out there in case some of you reading this also remember The Death Dealer. It would surprise me if Kevin O’Connor doesn’t remember him, too. Note the glowing eyes!

Frazzetta.Death.Dealer (resized).jpgFrazzetta.Death.Dealer (resized).jpg
#1275 5 years ago

That would make a great Tattoo

#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I stopped with PBL when they started delivering rusty balls. A couple posts above says they're seeing disco-balled PBL pinballs, too. So, thanks but no thanks.

I just bought a bunch from PBL and several of my friends buy theirs there also and we have no trouble at all out of them.

#1277 5 years ago

Turned into awesome back glass

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Mythologies:
Timballs has been tasked with imagining an extensive story/mythology of the Black Knight for the purposes of creating game’s objectives. A flail (morning star?), a shield, catapults, villagers, a castle, a keep within a castle, a siege to said castle, minions, skeleton armies, sword power that can be stolen, treasure troves of gold, etc., etc. The Coast2Coast interview with Timballs touches on a lot of it and it’s a bit dizzying. Hats off to the young’un for his thoroughness! Still, the mythology of the Black Knight is a bit different in my imagination. It was a Frank Frazzetta painting from ‘73 called The Death Dealer that mesmerized me long before I ever saw either of the Williams BK pinballs. Thanks in large part to that one representation, the Black Knight to me doesn’t live in a keep in a castle. He lives nowhere. His clydesdale of a horse carries him into and out of the mist, like a phantom. He has no family, no use for gold coins, no earthly desires or dreams, as he is basically a ghost. He is the original Terminator, I guess. The notion that you could lay siege to his keep and vanquish him is incongruous. He’s inviolate. He can’t be vanquished. Of course, some of you might think instead of the Black Knight made hilarious by John Cleese in Monty Python and the Holy Grail - “It’s just a flesh wound!” - but for me it’s Frazzetta all the way. Could Tim have spun a ruleset from my mythology? Well, clearly not, as the ultimate wizard mode in the game appears to be your chance to kill the Black Knight. I just throw it out there in case some of you reading this also remember The Death Dealer. It would surprise me if Kevin O’Connor doesn’t remember him, too. Note the glowing eyes!
[quoted image]

F0A20FCD-963F-49E3-8FF7-F3EEA08A9649 (resized).pngF0A20FCD-963F-49E3-8FF7-F3EEA08A9649 (resized).png
#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

That would make a great Tattoo

If you’re a huge Molly Hatchet Fan!

68402C60-FDB6-4EB9-B400-A9C772F35A75 (resized).jpeg68402C60-FDB6-4EB9-B400-A9C772F35A75 (resized).jpeg
#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

If you’re a huge Molly Hatchet Fan![quoted image]

Yep! Gee, I haven’t listened to that album for 20+ years ...

Also reminded me of the knight on the Judas Priest album Hero Hero - the Gull greatest hits double album.

rd

0BF213A7-6B9A-4A20-9071-D063AF2AC747 (resized).jpeg0BF213A7-6B9A-4A20-9071-D063AF2AC747 (resized).jpeg
#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Holy Moley.....did we just agree on something?

Yes, let's take a screenshot lol

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That would be cool but if there's a lift ramp in the shooter lane on the premium Stern would be sure to mention it in the feature matrix. Stern doesn't miss a thing when it comes to their feature matrixes lol. Very unique idea!

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That would be cool but if there's a lift ramp in the shooter lane on the premium Stern would be sure to mention it in the feature matrix. Very unique idea!

Yes I edited my comment. Not a lift ramp.

#1283 5 years ago

I really hope this sells and Steve makes another High Speed.

#1284 5 years ago

Le ordered hope the music and call outs are awesome

#1285 5 years ago

I always have a little bit of trouble seeing where all the shots go in the pictures. Shot map anyone?

#1286 5 years ago

It looks like all the avenues to the top playfield can be blocked preventing the ball from getting up there.
Far left can be blocked by the drop target. Center metal ramp looks like it has a flap that opens directing the ball towards the pops.

What other ways is the top pf accessible?

#1287 5 years ago

Ya man, no pop bumper either. agreed.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

May be in the minority here but I think I prefer the pro layout on Black Knight. The upper playfield on the premium / LE is much smaller then those found on previous Black Knight games and lacks the motorized target bank along with the ball lock behind it.
The ball lock in BK3 premium seems odd and doesn't resemble anything from the theme and comes across as a big chunk of metal with two plastics screwed onto it. Also concerned that Stern won't create a lot of unique code for the upper playfield as they typically don't when it comes to their premium features. The mini playfield in ACDC and Aerosmith are good examples of this. The pro version has the best toy between all versions which is the knight toy in my opinion.
[quoted image]

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Ya man, no pop bumper either. agreed.

No pops on top but 3 on bottom. How may on the first 2?

#1289 5 years ago

The more i look at this game the more i like it and i think the artwork on the pro kicks the Premium and LE’s ass! I cannot wait to play this game. Those orbits are going to be fast AF i bet!

#1290 5 years ago

Yes sir, but it seems as all you would be doing on the upper play field is shooting for the lock. Just my two cents.

Quoted from TomGWI:

No pops on top but 3 on bottom. How may on the first 2?

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Yes sir, but it seems as all you would be doing on the upper play field is shooting for the lock. Just my two cents.

I agree. It’s really the only thing unless the loop is valuable. Might stick with the pro. You guys are talking me into a pro. Keep it up.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I agree. It’s really the only thing unless the loop is valuable. Might stick with the pro. You guys are talking me into a pro. Keep it up.

Lol, yeah. The only downside to the pro I can see is shot variety. Theres 5 main shots on the pro in terms of shots that drop into or pass through an area, 7 on the premium. The far left VUK shot will be hit more often as well without a drop target there (maybe that's a good thing actually).

Premium upper playfield looks cool but I felt little value on Steve Ritchies last game that incorporate a mini playfield, ACDC. On that game the mini playfield had very few rules to it. Stern doesn't code the hell out of premium featues as the rulesets between all models needs to be pretty much equal.

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The more i look at this game the more i like it and i think the artwork on the pro kicks the Premium and LE’s ass! I cannot wait to play this game. Those orbits are going to be fast AF i bet!

Personally I love the Prem artwork. Everything on pro artwork is great except the BLACK KNIGHT SWORD OF RAGE in size 700 font.

#1294 5 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked and discussed already, did a quick skim of thread.

Anyone have any idea where ball locks on the pro? All virtual??

Watched the promo video a few times and didn’t see anything.

#1295 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Might stick with the pro. You guys are talking me into a pro. Keep it up.

I am thinking I will like the Pro, I can already tell I do not think I will care for the upper pf. I was worried about flow on pro with outer orbits with VUK but after watching video several times I can see the orbit does go all the way around-just not outer loop. I also noticed how cool the back plastics are with fire in the middle. When it lights up, it really pops and looks great. I also like the art on the Pro the best-which is a plus. Man this year may hurt my wallet with all of the rumored Sterns coming out-good times for pinball.

Check out mark 27 seconds in for look at speed and flow of orbit...

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Check out mark 27 seconds in for look at speed and flow of orbit...

Left orbit...

Still cautious because we don't see the right one.

#1297 5 years ago

In the past 60 hours I have jumped all over about which model I want including LE and PRO together at one point. Right now thinking Premium but MGC could change my mind to PRO. Gotta play it I guess even though that goes against all conventional wisdom.

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from PINQUEST:

Anyone have any idea where ball locks on the pro? All virtual??

I certainly hope so, no time for physical locks. It didn't affect TWD or SW in fact in helped to keep the action going. I wish Maiden was all virtual. I do the think balls will be held behind the shield, no nice way to say that.

#1299 5 years ago

I'm super intrigued by Ed Robertson doing call outs... As a Canadian he holds a special spot in my heart right next to Rush and poutine.

#1300 5 years ago

I’ve got an Le coming. So glad it came right before I was seriously thinking of pulling trigger on Oktoberfest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 8.00
$ 16.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/26?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.