(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 81.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not always. Half the factory balls in Iron Maiden Pro on the route were soft or something and looked like disco balls after a few months with hundreds of flat edges where they impacted things. None of it was sharp or burred, but they looked and rolled weird. It DOES happen.

Sorry but u guys that route games need ur own section on this site. I play a few times a week and my pins see max of 1000 or so before they are sold, half the issues I hear regarding pins on this site are due to routed games that see a shit load of plays and I remember in the 90's at pool halls and bowling alley's, arcades with the sacred B/Ws pins they were always down or had issues. I've played Maiden 100 times and haven't had one issue. Now I know it should be consistent regardless but thats not going to happen when it comes to something mechanical, more use, more trouble. Anyway BK3 looks amazing can't wait to try it.

#1102 5 years ago

BK: Sword of Richie... Hopefully going to be my favorite BK... but it took a while to forgive the sin of the left kickback in BK2K instead of a MAgna-save and only one ramp up to the upper playfield. BK had three ramps and the plunge. BK2K had one ramp, one VUK, and plunge. And now we get more ways to top pf than BK2K and yet people complain?

Has anyone theorized yet that PPS and CGC might want to get in on this game via Cactus Canyon and completing the game code as their stepping stone to doing more sequals to popular B/W themes? I know if I were them, that is what I would do, but maybe go with DTS playfields instead of silk screening them... I don't have a clue why I would say such blasphemous heresy about NOT screening a playfield...

#1103 5 years ago

Well, now that this thing has blown the doors open for original IP resurrection, I will be hanging onto my cash until the Raven sequel drops. My wife is going to love it!

#1104 5 years ago

CGC should remake the OG Black Knight with some tweaks to the software

#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That's why you always replace Stern's balls upon purchase.

Meh, the factory Stern balls are "good enough" for the first round. This is a route. A new set of balls (4 or 6) goes against income. Tossing them is tossing money out. They do usually get replaced in 6 months or whatever, but they are never tossed out. The disco ball ones were a new one on me, though. Never seen ones that soft, and it wasn't all of them for some reason.

#1106 5 years ago

Just gotta say, what a great time for pinball with so many good games out and coming out. This looks to be another good pin. Wish I could buy every game coming out right now.

#1107 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ you would think I bashed a JJP game for the amount of hate this post got!
Sure multiball can scratch balls, never said otherwise. I fail to see how voicing a concern about a motorized ball smacking head-on into game balls repeatedly is invalid. Most captive balls actually give when hit and this one is going to be hitting back with (what looks like) some serious momentum. I anticipate this will be something owners have to keep an eye on. I never said it would be something that ruins the game or that causes this game to be a turd... I EVEN SAID I AM BUYING ONE! I have to keep reminding myself this place has quite a few members with sand perma-stuck in their vaginas....

I gave you a thumbs up because your response was hilarious. Seriously don’t take it that seriously. It’s only pinball.

#1108 5 years ago

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ

New pinsiders are the best pinsiders...

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Thanks, I see that now on the feature matrix: "Half Pipe shot to the upper playfield at the end of the Flail Lane". It does seem a bit odd that the those two left side shots both feed the upper playfield. I guess there is at least an orbit shot between them, and either shot could be closed off by the drop target or flail

there is an orbit shoot between :

on the left : vuk to the upper PF lower left entry
than orbit lane to W A R
than metal ramp to the upper PF upper left entry

#1110 5 years ago

Video of Premium/LE shows silicone “rubbers”

Is this the first game to switch over from traditional rings?

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I gave you a thumbs up because your response was hilarious. Seriously don’t take it that seriously. It’s only pinball.

Thank you. I will try not to take it seriously. I don't really care about up or downvotes but after being quoted for the umpteenth time about a pretty valid observation it got under my skin. Probably won't happen again.

#1112 5 years ago

The amount of ball smacking talk in this thread concerns me...

#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I think it's more in line that feathers just rot over time.

Ahhh didn't know that. Not that I use the stuff, but maybe brush them with something protective like clear nail polish?

#1114 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is this the first game to switch over from traditional rings?

I hope so ... when they fail/degrade, they break. They don't degrade and leave filthy crap all over the playfield .

#1115 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh, the factory Stern balls are "good enough" for the first round. This is a route. A new set of balls (4 or 6) goes against income. Tossing them is tossing money out. They do usually get replaced in 6 months or whatever, but they are never tossed out. The disco ball ones were a new one on me, though. Never seen ones that soft, and it wasn't all of them for some reason.

Balls are cheap. I have a box of 100 I dip into. Cost me $1 each.

Cheapest accessory in pinball.

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That's why you always replace Stern's balls upon purchase.

How many manufacturers are making pinballs? I guess I assumed that most pinballs came from the same factory and some of the premium balls were just run through a tumbler and polished.

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Balls are cheap. I have a box of 100 I dip into. Cost me $1 each.
Cheapest accessory in pinball.

I can't imagine $1 balls are any better than what Stern ships with.

#1118 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just got 100 from Marco I think they were 1.25 after discount, just got a NIB Stern and they were dull out of the package they got tossed - they are not as good out of the gate, not sure how they hold up don't plan to find out.

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Ramp goes to the upper playfield. Also the far left lane with vuk. This means that you can only go to the upper playfield with a right flipper shot : this is not good.
I think that de locked balls go behind the lock target and voa the vuk on the right hanitrail.

That ramp will be very backhand-able so no worries there. This is a Steve Ritchie game after all.

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We unboxed a Munsters Pro at our local arcade's Launch Party, and 2 of the balls had more dimples than a Titleist....fresh from the factory.

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just gotta say, what a great time for pinball with so many good games out and coming out. This looks to be another good pin. Wish I could buy every game coming out right now.

Man for sure - when I see game room pics with 20 or more machines I think - I wanna come back in my next life and be just like that guy! Getting harder and harder to choose games with so many coming out and rumored to come out - let alone older games that are great.

#1122 5 years ago

All pinballs are not the same. Some are carbon steel, some are chrome steel. Both about the same in price in large quantities.

#1123 5 years ago

Lost me after this. I'm sure there are other Christians who are equally offended by this. This happens way too often on here.

If you don't like the following response, then refrain from using my savior's name in vain.

These people are proud and arrogant, daring even to scoff at supernatural beings without so much as trembling

The LORD will not let you go unpunished if you misuse his name.

#1124 5 years ago

Hey for fellow fans of BK2K music, check this out. I've had Crue Ball for Sega Genesis forever and never realized the music was by Brian Schmidt! It sounds like another BK soundtrack with a few Motley Crue songs peppered in. The System 11b sound synthesizer must have been very similar to the one in the Sega Genesis!

#1125 5 years ago

I thow my balls in the vibratory polisher with my ammo cases for a few hours and they come out looking like new. A polished set of balls is a beautiful thing.

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Lost me after this. I'm sure there are other Christians who are equally offended by this. This happens way too often on here.
If you don't like the following response, then refrain from using my savior's name in vain.

I apologize for offending. I assumed in the thread of a thrash-metal-fueled pinball machine featuring the creator of Murmaider that this probably was not going to be a crowd that would be offended, but that was obviously a stupid assumption. While clearly not devout I was raised Catholic and am raising my kids the same way so I should have avoided the first line that popped into my head.

#1127 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Protip: Not everybody believes in the same special imaginary friends as you.

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

All pinballs are not the same. Some are carbon steel, some are chrome steel. Both about the same in price in large quantities.

Do you have a good source for the carbon steel balls? I was under the impression most of the manufacturers were using this carbon steel ball. Pinball Life, Titan, Ball Barron, and Mezel Mods have all sold out. Marco still has some, but I thought I overheard they just buy there's from Pinball Life. They are now $3 each, which I assume is because they are the final batch. I'm getting ready to invest in a tumbler, because I'm not sure there is anyone making carbon steel pinballs at this point.

#1129 5 years ago

Looking to put a deposit on a Black Knight LE. PM me with details if you have a lead on one.

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Do you have a good source for the carbon steel balls? I was under the impression most of the manufacturers were using this ball, however Pinball Life, Titan, Ball Barron, and Mezel Mods have all sold out. Marco still has some, but I thought I overheard they just buy there's from Pinball Life. They are now $3 each, which I assume is because they are the final batch. I'm getting ready to invest in a tumbler, because I'm not sure there is anyone making carbon steel balls at this point.

I have this, but I have never ordered from them...

https://bearingballstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=82_95&zenid=fd7ganfrr7mv6lplus5d3jvfc0

and this...

https://bearingballstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_194&zenid=fd7ganfrr7mv6lplus5d3jvfc0

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Looking to put a deposit on a Black Knight LE. PM me with details if you have a lead on one.

Seriously? Took me 10 seconds to look and see that Game Exchange of Colorado has them available. A little effort on your part and I'm sure you'll find more.

#1133 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Seriously? Took me 10 seconds to look and see that Game Exchange of Colorado has them available. A little effort on your part and I'm sure you'll find more.

Thats who I went thru....

#1134 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Protip: Not everybody believes in the same special imaginary friends as you.

Protip: We're here to discuss pinball, so slandering anyone's religion is out of order. If you do, don't be surprised to get an equally off-topic response.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

what did he save u from? what a crock of shit thats a fairy tale.

#1136 5 years ago

Really looking forward to some gameplay. Shame the pro doesn’t have the upper playfield. Making the upper loop is very satisfying in BK2K and I’m sure it will be in BK3K. Anyway, I plan to get a couple games in at Allentown.

Oh, and if this is The King's final game. I'm happy for him. Try listing to some mid 2000's interviews with Steve. They're depressing. He was in the dumps. The man who brought pinball design into the solid state era deserves to go out with a winner. Just my thoughts.

#1137 5 years ago

.... it got under my skin. Probably won't happen again.

Yeah, we're breaking 'em in fast around here

#1138 5 years ago

Yikes!!!

It's getting pretty beefy in here all of a sudden!

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Protip: We're here to discuss pinball, so slandering anyone's religion is out of order. If you do, don't be surprised to get an equally off-topic response.

Your evangelism is offensive to many other religions...if you are offended, use the ignore button. Save the preaching for church.

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The balls I bought from Pinball Life recently are doing the same disco ball shit as the ones my recent Sterns shipped with. And now they are no pinballs for sale on's website. Lots od defective pinballs floating around lately. Will try Marco balls next.

#1141 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I seem to recall at one time pinball was the work of the devil and outlawed.

#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

what did he save u from? what a crock of shit thats a fairy tale.

Quoted from JodyG:

Your evangelism is offensive to many other religions...if you are offended, use the ignore button. Save the preaching for church.

I didn't bring up the topic, but some can't let it go. I didn't do any evangelizing either, but if you're interested I can. I'd rather just return to the topic of pinball on here though.

#1143 5 years ago

Everyone calm down. Looks like a cool pin to flip.

#1144 5 years ago

We obviously need that Bible Adventures pin, or Fire & Brimstone, then we can take it out with the silver ball!

Now, how about back to BK...

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey for fellow fans of BK2K music, check this out. I've had Crue Ball for Sega Genesis forever and never realized the music was by Brian Schmidt! It sounds like another BK soundtrack with a few Motley Crue songs peppered in. The System 11b sound synthesizer must have been very similar to the one in the Sega Genesis!

Fairly similar. I believe System 11 used the Yamaha 2151 chip (their first FM synthesis on a single chip) and the Genesis used the more robust Yamaha 2612

#1146 5 years ago

Tempers are flaring and here I am just laughing that my apology for saying JTFC got two down votes! Not sure if it was because I apologized for offending someone's religion or because I have Catholic kids... maybe both. Either way it made me LOL

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I agree with you. Some have no fear. (edit)

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I agree with you. Some have no fear. (edit)

An upvote would suffice, let's move on...

#1149 5 years ago

As long as we're speculating on how the new one plays compared to BK2K, it already has a RANSOM feature from the upper playfield being held hostage by the Premium and LE. GIVE ME YOUR MONEY IF YOU WANT THE COMPLETE GAME.

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

So, people should not speak their minds so as to not offend you? Guess what, if you choose not to let it offend you, you take away its power to offend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
$ 16.00
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/23?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.