(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 81.
#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I just paid a deposit on a LE! This year is off to an expensive start! MBRLE, Munsters LE, ACNC and now this! I yi yi

So I guess you are not selling your collection.

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Nobody really knows what is under the armor... But a 110 lb bean pole twerp isn't exactly menacing. Apologies to any bean pole twerps reading this thread.

I suppose. But you didn’t see stern add a bunch of muscles to Spider-Man, or Venom for that matter. Nor to Deadpool to make him more menacing. He was still a bean pole.

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

I suppose. But you didn’t see stern add a bunch of muscles to Spider-Man, or Venom for that matter. Nor to Deadpool to make him more menacing. He was still a bean pole.

Are you really complaining that the Black Knight looks too muscular?

#1054 5 years ago

This pin kinda flew under my radar. I just got a Munster Pro and still loving it, thinking now I'm going to start saving my money for the possible Elvira 3 and then "BAM", here comes the Black Knight.

I have to hand it to Steve Ritchie. He really knows how to take (1) toy in a pinball and utilize it to the maximum effect. The BK toy reminds me of all the cool stuff the Vengeance ship does on ST (another Ritchie) game and all the interacting features that is packed in both of those toys. To me this is what a pinball toy should do in pinball games, interact with the players.

Love the dark tone in this pin. Someone already said it, but it would sit well next to MM. One dark medieval pin and one comical medieval pin.

Well done Stern. Leaning towards a premium or pro on this one if I get it. I curse you Stern for emptying my savings account. (don't worry, I'll forgive ya once I get the pin )

#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So I guess you are not selling your collection.

Not yet...….but somethings prolly gotta go

#1056 5 years ago

Does anyone else feel that the BK turned into the Mountain? What’s up with all the muscles. Muscle armor? BK Swords of Roid Rage. Just looks off to me.

Have you heard his voice? “ I am the black knight..”

He doesn’t exactly sound like Steve Buscemi..

#1057 5 years ago

I'm not really seeing the huge change you are describing. The themes you mentioned above are already established by their creator. This Black Knight theme is not shackled down by the content creator like the licensed themes you are citing.

This does seem to look a lot like the black knight I keep seeing associated with Fortnite when I do Google image searches. Deadflip should have no problem getting a dead ringer of a costume for this one.

Screenshot_20190327-111259_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190327-111259_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I have to hand it to Steve Ritchie. He really knows how to take (1) toy in a pinball and utilize it to the maximum effect. The BK toy reminds me of all the cool stuff the Vengeance ship does on ST (another Ritchie) game and all the interacting features that is packed in both of those toys. To me this is what a pinball toy should do in pinball games, interact with the players.

Good comparison. I really liked ST and Vengeance modes where the magnet threw the ball back at you. When I owned ST, I wished Vengeance modes were more integrated into the game. They were risky to play and only reward was basically an extra ball. If BK has a lot of gameplay where you are battling the knight where he blocks, taunts, and fires back, that is going to be a lot of fun.

#1059 5 years ago

Steve Ritchie, Kevin O'Connor, Scot Ian, Ed Robertson!! I haven't been this excited for a Stern game in a very long time. Can't wait to play it. I hope it plays as good as it looks. Gorgeous game. Kevin is still one of the Best

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There were 17 Munsters Premium games at TPF. Of course the show games are pre-sold, but the reason why there are show games is so that OTHER people can play them and hopefully buy them. Stern subsidizes the show discount. This show was the Munsters coming out party for pinball with the cars, actors there, etc. Revealing Black Knight at the show wouldn't have been the right move and WOULD have absolutely soften interest in Munsters and take the spotlight away. MGC is the BK3 show.

That explanation appears to make sense, but Stern announced a day after the show. So there's a 1-day buffer for sales generated by interest from the show, and that's when you think all these sales happen that an announcement might affect? That "hopefully buy them" suggestion is fantasy: everyone who wanted one, bought the show demos. Anyone that was waiting to try before purchasing, isn't going to lock in the sale in that 1-day buffer.

From a strict, "stealing the thunder" of Munsters, I'd agree with, but just from a psychology perspective though it would look bad: not from a sales perspective, which is what the poster I replied to was suggesting.

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I really liked ST and Vengeance modes where the magnet threw the ball back at you.

That was a solenoid.

The magnet just held the ball.

#1062 5 years ago

Any word on a gameplay stream?

#1063 5 years ago

I’m probably gonna get premium (or see what Wonka or Elvira looks like).

My debate was LE or not but I have to say I like Premium art better and really nothing on LE is a most have or can’t be added like shaker.

So I’ll wait for Premium in a few months.

#1064 5 years ago

Nevermind, mispost.

#1065 5 years ago

Plus that gives you the chance to play it on location first.
Hopefully

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

The spinning mech in the Knight's hand appears to be 2 connected spinning balls that will be smacking the game balls with force quite regularly. I suspect that owners of this game will need to check their pinballs for damage more frequently than other games as a result. Heck they will need to check the balls on the mech too to make sure they are not chipped which would cause faster wear on the game balls. I am still almost certainly going to be buying a Premium but it is something to keep in mind.

Pinballs hit everything at high speed all day long & don’t get damaged....especially another metal ball. Think of all the games with captive balls...or balls hitting balls in Multiball. This worry you have is not a thing.

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Few Questions:
- Does the ramp also feed the upper playfield? If not, where does it exit?
- Does the Shield Lock feed into the VUK, or just lock behind the shield. It looks like there might be a gate.
- I assume at least one orbit feeds the pops, is this done with gates or posts? Can it be fed by either orbit?
- Do the pops always feed directly into the VUK, or is there another exit?

Can anyone answer these questions?

#1068 5 years ago

This Game looks pretty fkn awesome

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So you're gonna get airballs in the game that go high enough to hit the feathers, or you have a moth problem in your pinball machines?

I think it's more in line that feathers just rot over time.

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

That explanation appears to make sense, but Stern announced a day after the show. So there's a 1-day buffer for sales generated by interest from the show, and that's when you think all these sales happen that an announcement might affect? That "hopefully buy them" suggestion is fantasy: everyone who wanted one, bought the show demos. Anyone that was waiting to try before purchasing, isn't going to lock in the sale in that 1-day buffer.
From a strict, "stealing the thunder" of Munsters, I'd agree with, but just from a psychology perspective though it would look bad: not from a sales perspective, which is what the poster I replied to was suggesting.

Has anyone considered that MGC had something like 31 Iron Maidens on the floor last year and it was the biggest launch ever? Maybe the people of that show are being rewarded.

#1071 5 years ago

Sure my lord

*Kneel*

Gary Knight (resized).pngGary Knight (resized).png
#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Can anyone answer these questions?

Ramp goes to the upper playfield. Also the far left lane with vuk. This means that you can only go to the upper playfield with a right flipper shot : this is not good.

I think that de locked balls go behind the lock target and voa the vuk on the right hanitrail.

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That was a solenoid.
The magnet just held the ball.

Yes was going to say the same. I would have also added code that traps the ball with the magnet then releases it when the drop was up allowing you to bounce it like a captive ball. Id think if you popped up the target right after drops it could work or at least I would have tried it.

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Has anyone considered that MGC had something like 31 Iron Maidens on the floor last year and it was the biggest launch ever? Maybe the people of that show are being rewarded.

I think the timeline of this launch mainly is due to Stern having a pretty loaded calendar of releases this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see the next cornerstone drop the last week of June or the first week of July. We know there is an Elvira on deck, and probably at least Jurassic World, Superman 78 and a music pin in the mix right now as well.

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Ramp goes to the upper playfield. Also the far left lane with vuk. This means that you can only go to the upper playfield with a right flipper shot : this is not good.
I think that de locked balls go behind the lock target and voa the vuk on the right hanitrail.

Game is going to be right flipper heavy but you will need to hit the drops on the right with the left flipper also right loop and possibly the light lock target right of the shield.

#1076 5 years ago

Just backhand everything; it's a Steve Ritchie game.

#1077 5 years ago

I’m really looking forward to this one by SR.
Finally a theme not wrapped around a tv show or movie. It will be fun.

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Just backhand everything; it's a Steve Ritchie game.

I don’t think that you can backhand that ramp.

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

18 pages of hype and questions in 2 days, this game better be good or else Stern will REALLY be in hot water. Wish I could afford it.

Just sell more leg light ups and sell avatar!

#1080 5 years ago

I ordered a Premium or may have LE on order today super stoked. Stern Take My Money

#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I just paid a deposit on a LE! This year is off to an expensive start! MBRLE, Munsters LE, ACNC and now this! I yi yi

I know, aren’t first world problems a drag?

#1082 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Thanks, I see that now on the feature matrix: "Half Pipe shot to the upper playfield at the end of the Flail Lane". It does seem a bit odd that the those two left side shots both feed the upper playfield. I guess there is at least an orbit shot between them, and either shot could be closed off by the drop target or flail. I also assume the flail could also spin in a way that it fires the ball back to the upper playfield. That of course assumes there isn't a gate at the top of that ramp? It might be fun to see the ball start coming down the ramp, but then be launched back up by the spinning flail or if it were spinning in the opposite direction perhaps it is almost similar to a kicker launching the ball rapidly towards the lower flippers. It still looks to me like there must be some interaction between the VUK on the right side and the shield shot, but perhaps I'm just seeing things. Here is my theory. I think the VUK serves as the ball lock. If a ball is in there the shield will lower, preventing another ball from entering that direction. The only other way for the ball to get in there, would be for the ball to pass though the pops, so when a ball runs over one of the WAR lanes it can spit out the current locked ball and relocks the new ball.

#1083 5 years ago

What do you suppose the retro back in time mode is?

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

No, I hadn't, but I know it doesn't have to do with Munsters sales, so I corrected that poster.

I haven't speculated, but it is fun to, so I like your postulate. But maybe only Stern knows the real reason.

#1085 5 years ago

The spinning mech in the Knight's hand appears to be 2 connected spinning balls that will be smacking the game balls with force quite regularly. I suspect that owners of this game will need to check their pinballs for damage more frequently than other games as a result. Heck they will need to check the balls on the mech too to make sure they are not chipped which would cause faster wear on the game balls. I am still almost certainly going to be buying a Premium but it is something to keep in mind.

The balls smack each other all the time... like in the trough... in multiball.. etc

The whole area around the flail is covered in metal to protect the softer wood PF.

#1086 5 years ago

So has anyone heard when Danger will be heading to the Stern compound to stream this pig?

#1087 5 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

I guess it doesn’t bother me, but I don’t see any multiplier inserts. Loving the look of this machine!

The multiplier on bk2k is done by completing "WAR" lanes. My guess is that it's done the same way and the display for it is on the screen in bk3.

#1088 5 years ago

Some people say we don't need another Black Knight. As someone who finds charm in DMD animations, I feel a gaping hole in my pinball heart that there was not a BK incarnation in the DMD era, which likely would have been my favorite.

After initial excitement, I've decided to take a wait-and-see approach for the new one.

#1089 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What do you suppose the retro back in time mode is?

I'm going to guess it plays BK2K music while you shoot loops in the upper playfield.

#1090 5 years ago

This title gives me hope that they put out MORE sequals to some of the old B/W “Franchises” like Pinbot, who goes around scaring the children screaming at people- “Pinbot unhappy with Jackbot... Must eradicate... Sterilize! Sterilize!”

#1091 5 years ago

Umm, okay.

#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In another interview it was mentioned that the piece is easily cleanable/polishable and replaceable w/o removing the flipper etc. Not ideal obviously, but something at least.

That was in the c2c interview, too - right after Steve admitted it was a cost reduction because wood "that size" silkscreened for an upper playfield in 2019 is way too expensive.

At least it's easily removable (they say, judgment reserved on that). The WPT one sucks to remove and looks like crap after only a couple hundred plays.

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The balls smack each other all the time... like in the trough... in multiball.. etc
The whole area around the flail is covered in metal to protect the softer wood PF.

Not to mention that ball scratches=PF damage is way overblown, especially with today's thick clearcoating and HUO.

#1094 5 years ago

My hope is this leads JJP to answer with Return to the Funhouse: Rudy's Revenge...

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

My hope is this leads JJP to answer with Return to the Funhouse: Rudy's Revenge...

Oh man, that would be amazing. With extra dark humor....

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinballs hit everything at high speed all day long & don’t get damaged....especially another metal ball. Think of all the games with captive balls...or balls hitting balls in Multiball. This worry you have is not a thing.

Not always. Half the factory balls in Iron Maiden Pro on the route were soft or something and looked like disco balls after a few months with hundreds of flat edges where they impacted things. None of it was sharp or burred, but they looked and rolled weird. It DOES happen.

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not always. Half the factory balls in Iron Maiden Pro on the route were soft or something and looked like disco balls after a few months with hundreds of flat edges where they impacted things. None of it was sharp or burred, but they looked and rolled weird. It DOES happen.

That's why you always replace Stern's balls upon purchase.

#1098 5 years ago

Yeah those mace balls are going to lots more damage than the 6 pinballs knocking into each other during multiball.
Why do so many people come on here just to try and find things to complain about?

#1099 5 years ago

It appears that the ball ends of the flail are also attached to springs which will allow them to flex and absorb energy when they strike the pinballs. This is going to do a lot for softening the blows and preventing damage. I mean, it's almost like Steve Ritchie isn't a total moron and knows how to design a machine that will have great uptime on route.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah those mace balls are going to lots more damage than the 6 pinballs knocking into each other during multiball.
Why do so many people come on here just to try and find things to complain about?

you would think I bashed a JJP game for the amount of hate this post got!

Sure multiball can scratch balls, never said otherwise. I fail to see how voicing a concern about a motorized ball smacking head-on into game balls repeatedly is invalid. Most captive balls actually give when hit and this one is going to be hitting back with (what looks like) some serious momentum. I anticipate this will be something owners have to keep an eye on. I never said it would be something that ruins the game or that causes this game to be a turd... I EVEN SAID I AM BUYING ONE! I have to keep reminding myself this place has quite a few members with ...(edited)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/22?hl=treybo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.