(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 81.
#751 5 years ago

I've considered finally buying a NIB for a long time, but I just get far more pin in scooping up and repairing dead machines. This announcement, provided code is solid, will 110% change that. Great job Stern, it's amazing how something old feels so new.

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You should share your distro then so others can benefit as well from the lower prices.

PM sent

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

What we advertise for and we can "Quote" are 2 totally diffrent things!

That's true......

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

All 3 look very good think I like the images on the pro best with the sword and horse but the color better on the LE premium is not my favorite but it’s not bad either.

I think they all look great, but this may be the game where you just miss too much by going Pro.

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Not sure why you chose DI in your example, it literally tells you what to shoot for. It can't get any more idiot proof.

I meant in terms of content/story. Ben Heck said it already...you walk up to DI and you're like "huh?" What do cell phones, natural disasters, drones and Momjeans guy have to do with anything?" It's visually confusing. As for gameplay, at many locations you can't hear anything.

You walk up to Black Knight and see a menacing knight twirling his weapon at you and taunting you. INSTANT CONNECTION to what it's all about.

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I think they all look great, but this may be the game where you just miss too much by going Pro.

True.

I’m not saying pro but just that the pro art seems nicer to me. But all three are good imo.

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No fear pinball comes to mind when i look at this? Anyone else see this?

NF = similar to GOT = similar to BKSoR

When you're on a good thing, stick to it.

#758 5 years ago

Meh......11k+AUD for basically a rehash of a ( decent ) older game with a cool centre toy and LCD screen....not for me.

12 drops and a horseshoe on the 1980 version, nearly 40 years ago.

Am I the only one not seeing anything truly great here? This community bashes up any new game that comes out due to lack of innovation, repeat shot designs, brick shots etc and yet here we have a game we have all played many many many times basically being re-released and people are losing their minds over how great it's gunna be.......we are a strange bunch

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

True.
I’m not saying pro but just that the pro art seems nicer to me. But all three are good imo.

This isn't by accident. Stern intentionally puts the most widely pleasing art on Pros for a good reason.

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you saying there are lots of “idiots” on here or certain people that over dramatize everything to make a point?

Yes.

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Stern website has $5999, $7599, and $8999. I'm guessing $5799 and $7499 and $8999 are pretty normal. (LE's don't usually get discounted)

Free ship/no tax. Get $100 off in bucks, use free 12 mo. Financing, then sell your GI Joes & baseball cards to pay it off.
7F1C840E-323D-4024-8890-EDE212364F28 (resized).png7F1C840E-323D-4024-8890-EDE212364F28 (resized).pngC61A00BF-085B-4BD7-BBBB-911715D78062 (resized).pngC61A00BF-085B-4BD7-BBBB-911715D78062 (resized).png

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

This isn't by accident. Stern intentionally puts the most widely pleasing art on Pros for a good reason.

Yes, so schmucks like me buy both.

#763 5 years ago

I'm so excited for this pin! I think Steve knocked it out of the park with this one. The BK interactive bash toy was totally unexpected, along with that real feather plume on his helmet. Nice touch!

Quick thoughts:

1) The fact that KNIGHT MODE allows you to "travel back in time" to a play a BK2K mode with classic music/sounds is an incredible idea! It's like 2 games in one! Plus I have a feeling it's going to be a well coded adventure with a goal of battling & defeating the BK. Player vs taunting nemesis! Sounds satisfying & I don't see how that will get old.

2) From reading the specs & Ritchie's interview, the Prem/LE there are 2 physical lock methods, at the upper playfield catapult, as well has behind the BK's shield. It's fantastic when designers are allowed to do things like this today. And bring back fan-favorite magnasaves

3) Plus this is the most interactive toy in years. The helmet lights are synchronized with his voice, his shield blocks & locks shots, the flail spins & fights you back. Who would have thought we'd be talking about a killer bash toy on a Black Knight game that also includes an upper playfield?

Keep up the good work Steve! Hope this isn't your last game. Bring on High Speed 3!!

#764 5 years ago

I’ll probably
Get an le never played black night before but the music and theme seem cool

#765 5 years ago

The LE looks amazing

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Meh......11k+AUD for basically a rehash of a ( decent ) older game with a cool centre toy and LCD screen....not for me.
12 drops and a horseshoe on the 1980 version, nearly 40 years ago.
Am I the only one not seeing anything truly great here? This community bashes up any new game that comes out due to lack of innovation, repeat shot designs, brick shots etc and yet here we have a game we have all played many many many times basically being re-released and people are losing their minds over how great it's gunna be.......we are a strange bunch

I would say this is far from just a re-release. While the overall layout is similar, there's lots of differences here. Yes, part of it is nostalgia, but there's nothing wrong with rehashing a theme. It's not going to hit for everyone, but the theme alone is pretty much a win when all you see coming out is band and tv show pinball machines.

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Please don't do this. Then the distributor gets burned by Stern and everyone loses. Take it to PM!

Ah I didn't think of that!

#768 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I meant in terms of content/story. Ben Heck said it already...you walk up to DI and you're like "huh?" What do cell phones, natural disasters, drones and Momjeans guy have to do with anything?" It's visually confusing. As for gameplay, at many locations you can't hear anything.
You walk up to Black Knight and see a menacing knight twirling his weapon at you and taunting you. INSTANT CONNECTION to what it's all about.

Sorry but the attacks against Dialed In are unwarranted. People walk up to Dialed In and play it because it's a loaded game with a ton of unique features, a great layout and most of all looks like fun. That's what happens when a playfield looks like this and there's HQ animations on screen.

There is NO CONNECTION with BK3 as of yet, the public hasn't even played it yet. If its loud on location no one will be able to hear it either. Time will tell how it does and I hope it does great and will have that connection you are talking about.

fd74a6_053a89bd0fcd442990bb869d1f026f8f_mv2 (resized).pngfd74a6_053a89bd0fcd442990bb869d1f026f8f_mv2 (resized).png

#769 5 years ago

The game looks cool hopefully it will be at MGC in a couple weeks. Would be nice to play it.

#770 5 years ago

I really hope this flows well, because the game looks incredible from what we've seen so far. In for an LE if my distro will get back to me...

#771 5 years ago

The sounds and music on this may rival all current games...iron maiden included. The sounds, music, call outs and atmosphere of a game is what sets the stage and creates an enjoyable experience.

#772 5 years ago
E19690AC-C763-4890-8764-D8A7C76C7F5B (resized).jpegE19690AC-C763-4890-8764-D8A7C76C7F5B (resized).jpeg
#773 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Topper in 2019 or 2020?

Never

#774 5 years ago

Love the idea of Sterns oldest, most experienced designer working with their youngest coder who brings new ideas and is hungry prove himself.

#775 5 years ago

I have never wanted a nib stern until now ever. Can someone with some real experience on nib games pm and point me to a great distributor with good prices that deals with financing also? I don’t have to finance but want to weigh my options on something so pricey.

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sorry but the attacks against Dialed In are unwarranted. People walk up to Dialed In and play it because it's a loaded game with a ton of unique features, a great layout and most of all looks like fun. That's what happens when a playfield looks like this and there's HQ animations on screen.
There is NO CONNECTION with BK3 as of yet, the public hasn't even played it yet. If its loud on location no one will be able to hear it either. Time will tell how it does and I hope it does great and will have that connection you are talking about.
[quoted image]

Dialed In looks like Pat Lawlor puked all over the playfield. No coherence, terrible theme, and a terrible concept.

Please stop trying to convince everyone that it's the greatest game ever. We've all read your posts over and over. You haven't changed anyone's mind.

#777 5 years ago

Man this is gonna look so freaking cool in various collections that have GOT, MM, and original BK’s

#778 5 years ago

I love BK, and oddly didn't care for BK2000. BKSoR? This game is intriguing. The Pro model doesn't have the upper playfield. I gotta dish out an extra 1600 plus tax just to have that feature? I dunno yet. I love so many games that don't have an upper playfield, but it feels like BK is supposed to have one, or else it isn't a real BK game.

And what's with all this hate on DI? I came here for BK love, not DI hate. DI is a great game, one of the most challenging games I've ever played. It's comes jam-packed with extras, hard to believe that this game was only 8k brand new. BKLE will be 9k? I hope I get to play it at Pintastic or something.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sorry but the attacks against Dialed In are unwarranted

Not attacking it. I like DI. But its first impression based on theme is convoluted and confusing. You have to warm up to it vs loving it from first glance. This affects sales & quarter drop. BK has an instant “I get it” factor....just like MM, AFM, and other original themed games that did well and became classics.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from Ifpaadam:

The sounds and music on this may rival all current games...iron maiden included. The sounds, music, call outs and atmosphere of a game is what sets the stage and creates an enjoyable experience.

What’s really cool too is that it’s not just cuts from an album. It’s brand new amazing music by real metal stars. IMO that is a HUGE feature and value that puts it above the other band themes.

#781 5 years ago

It just wouldn't a thread if it didn't devolve quickly into JJP vs. Stern!

#782 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Dialed In looks like Pat Lawlor puked all over the playfield. No coherence, terrible theme, and a terrible concept.
Please stop trying to convince everyone that it's the greatest game ever. We've all read your posts over and over. You haven't changed anyone's mind.

There’s nothing wrong with di . It’s a great game and it’s favorites among friends that come and play . Anyways back to topic this game looks cool

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

There was NO ATTACKING.

Dialed In is a great game, nobody said the opposite.

It is just harder to get what it is about.

Black Knight Objective: Defeat the Black Knight

That's as easy as it can get.

#784 5 years ago

Anyone know what the lead times are? I'm assuming is the same pros first then LE's then premiums but any idea how far along they are with the pros?

#785 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I love BK, and oddly didn't care for BK2000. BKSoR? This game is intriguing. The Pro model doesn't have the upper playfield. I gotta dish out an extra 1600 plus tax just to have that feature? I dunno yet. I love so many games that don't have an upper playfield, but it feels like BK is supposed to have one, or else it isn't a real BK game.
And what's with all this hate on DI? I came here for BK love, not DI hate. DI is a great game, one of the most challenging games I've ever played. It's comes jam-packed with extras, hard to believe that this game was only 8k brand new. BKLE will be 9k? I hope I get to play it at Pintastic or something.

The main toy/feature of this game is the Black Knight mech. It is unmolested on the Pro.

So the upper playfield isn't as crucial this time around.

#786 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Topper in 2019 or 2020?

After holidays...

#787 5 years ago

This game looks real cool
DP,then Munsters and now this no other company can compare to art that goes on the new sterns

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What’s really cool too is that it’s not just cuts from an album. It’s brand new amazing music by real metal stars. IMO that is a HUGE feature and value that puts it above the other band themes.

Totally, I will play and play and play until I hear every riff and shred!! and then I suppose...figure out modes and scoring

#789 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Please stop trying to convince everyone that it's the greatest game ever.

He can’t help it he’s obsessed with jjp.

#790 5 years ago

The hate on Dialed in, but gushing over Munsters just shows you are old. Dialed In while the theme may be...questionable, is a great game.

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The main toy/feature of this game is the Black Knight mech. It is unmolested on the Pro.
So the upper playfield isn't as crucial this time around.

I was questioning whether the upper playfield is crucial. Your losing the ball locks and similarity to BK2K. Are you losing the MB in the pro?

#792 5 years ago

So now we know it has Magna-Save but can the spinner(s) be lit and ripped to make that incredible escalating pitch dynamic spinner sound ala the original BK???

If so I might just have to order one for that alone. Still my favorite shot in pinball.

#793 5 years ago

Just ordered a Muthafakkin LE.....

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

but can the spinner(s) be lit and ripped to make that incredible escalating pitch dynamic spinner sound ala the original BK???

Asking the *real* question here!

That would be amazing if they did that!!!

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

McDonald's has been serving people since 1955. Doesn't mean their product is any good.

What? have u ever had their fries, those fuckin things are better than sex not to mention the Cheeseburgers. Sorry I used to have a weight problem but saying McD's isn't good. Them be fighting words. Pro for me never liked upper PFs and very happy the option is there.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I was questioning whether the upper playfield is crucial. Your losing the ball locks and similarity to BK2K. Are you losing the MB in the pro?

That's the question I have. I'm not sure in terms of gameplay the upper playfield looks all that exciting, but at the same time it is a Black Knight. It just feels kind of wrong to not have an upper playfield.

PS: I'm out either way. My top two Stern wants remain Spider-Man and Iron Maiden.

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

There is still a MB in the Pro. I believe you lock balls behind the shield, but not sure 100%.

It's a 6 ball game according to the matrix.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It just wouldn't a thread if it didn't devolve quickly into JJP vs. Stern!

JJP should be thanking Stern for this release. It's taking attention away from the WOZ YBR mess. And that is making this Premium look like a bargain.

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There is still a MB in the Pro. I believe you lock balls behind the shield, but not sure 100%.
It's a 6 ball game according to the matrix.

You still lock balls behind shield in the premium. It’s a different mb

#800 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

JJP should be thanking Stern for this release. It's taking attention away from the WOZ YBR mess. And that is making this Premium look like a bargain.

On the other hand looks like JJP is gearing up to announce WW at MGC in 2 weeks.

But anyways, back to the cool looking BKSoR

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/16?hl=golfkill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.