(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 81.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Rule card:
[quoted image]

OMG it actually has an "Objective" (basically "Kill the Black Knight in defense")!!!

This is the one sole thing most games were missing for me.
I hope it's halfway decently integrated (sadly no physical castle in the game altough you have to destroy it) then this would be absolute killer!

#702 5 years ago

This is a different video of the game from Stern than was going around earlier from IGN article. Seems to be Pro only.

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I just realized that there’s no u-turn on this!

There is, but it feeds into a VUK.

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's cool but is Lyman coding it?!?!

I heard Lyman is coding the magnasave.

#705 5 years ago

I put my deposit down on a LE.

#706 5 years ago

Theme whores need to remember that the top games of all time are unlicensed.

Like others have said, this is totally an approachable theme that people understand instantly. It's aggressive and in-your-face. I hope they throw a few laughs in there too like the old days - some of the quotes on BK2K make me laugh out loud, that would really take it to the next level.

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The stainless steel ramp portion on the upper playfield...is that just for releasing the balls from the lock?

if i "undertsand" what i see, no

multiball : the balls just came simply down from the lock place when delivered (small blocker there after the 3 optos)

that steel ramp on the right is for ball caming from the lower PF steel ramp, left to the knight, and feeding the upper PF

well, seems to me... !?

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I heard Lyman is coding the magnasave.

and Dwight is on the spinner... a very bad news for GB owners...

(dont blame me, that's only a bad joke)

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This game was clearly made for us, the pinball nerds. I showed my friend, and he isn't excited. He has pinball machines but isn't a pinball person if that makes sense. Maybe Stern is concerned because the theme isn't recognizable for "barcade hipsters" and "building a game room" home buyers?
I think it will do well, but I am also in the pinball vortex.

Anyone that owns more then 1 pinball machine to me qualifies as a pinball person.

#710 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Anyone that owns more then 1 pinball machine to me qualifies as a pinball person.

I don't think you have to own one to be a pinball person - that just makes you a pinball owner.

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Theme whores need to remember that the top games of all time are unlicensed.

Also those games are of a different era, where arcades were plentiful & home game sales weren't a thing. Theme gets people to run up to a game on location or buy it for their home if it presses their nostalgia buttons.

Quoted from jwilson:

Like others have said, this is totally an approachable theme that people understand instantly. It's aggressive and in-your-face. I hope they throw a few laughs in there too like the old days - some of the quotes on BK2K make me laugh out loud, that would really take it to the next level.

Right, this is where BK has a leg up against something like DI, Oktoberfest, or some rando original theme in the 2019 landscape.

-For some people (pinball people), it *IS* a theme...it's a threequel of a popular pinball franchise.
-For location players, they can walk up and EASILY understand it. "Me vs. that knight". GO. People walk up to DI or Oktoberfest and go WTF? Pass.

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Crazy bob is on at least two other games - Johnny mnemonic

that was from the movie

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and Dwight is on the spinner... a very bad news for GB owners...
(dont blame me, that's only a bad joke)

I heard the spinner update is delayed but remains in Sterns schedule. Should be completed in 26+ months.

#714 5 years ago

I'm looking to put a deposit down on an LE. Any distributors willing to take AMEX? Shipping to North Dakota, so hopefully no sales tax. My normal two distributors don't take deposits via CC.

PM me.

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's cool but is Lyman coding it?!?!

Who is this "Lyman" you speak of???

#716 5 years ago

Really wondering if this will be one of those cases of less is better. Wasn’t a fan of Aerosmith or Game of Thrones Premium/LE.

#717 5 years ago

Holy shit am I happy I passed on Munsters

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Another pin where I like the Pro cabinet art more than the Premium or LE.

Seems like that's par for the course with the last few pins - Pro has best artwork

#719 5 years ago

That black knight bash toy with shield and spinning flail is the coolest frickin' thing in a pinball in ages! Dare I say, is that "innovation"?

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ah, good point. The magnet button next to the flipper button would def be quicker to hit....but Steve prob figured most location players wouldn't know it was there.

or it's cheaper to use the place as they do other games with an aux button.

#721 5 years ago

This thread is on fire. I want to play the game!

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I put my deposit down on a LE.

me too... but dare I say it, I think Munsters will be leaving to make room for this one... (flame suit on)

#723 5 years ago

I can see a flail of rage topper. Activated by a left hand magna save button.

Can't wait to play, I am going to dump my quarters in.

#724 5 years ago

I am very, very happy for Kevin O'Connor for getting the opportunity to show his skillz again, after such a long time of money-saving & photoshopping he had to to!!!

#725 5 years ago

has the pricing been released yet?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#726 5 years ago

I have no complaints, looks FANTASTIC

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Sld be the same as last few titles

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

In the 3 seconds you typed this you could have typed in sterns web adress and look them up.

#729 5 years ago

Where can I find the pictures of premium vs LE?

#730 5 years ago

The Coast to Coast episode 250 podcast with Steve Richie covers the topper, starting around 5:45. Richie said that it's going to be the best topper ever, with articulated robotic movement. He said it'll be a Black Knight head that can turn left, right, and up and down in order to laugh and shake its head NO to taunt the player a little bit. It sounds like it'll be something even better than the AFMr topper.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Quoted from rai:

Where can I find the pictures of premium vs LE?

From a distributor e-mail I received:

PRO $5799
Premium $7499
LE $8999
AyzKRbjs (resized).jpegAyzKRbjs (resized).jpegjZqFwl9Q (resized).jpegjZqFwl9Q (resized).jpegvN66dNtQ (resized).jpegvN66dNtQ (resized).jpeg

#732 5 years ago

Go to Sterns website they have pricing and pix and video of game play ...a little

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

From a distributor e-mail I received:
PRO $5799
Premium $7499
LE $8999
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's high if it's the disto's price.

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Holy shit am I happy I passed on Munsters

I glad I jumped at Munsters

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern website has $5999, $7599, and $8999. I'm guessing $5799 and $7499 and $8999 are pretty normal. (LE's don't usually get discounted)

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Theme will be fine. There's an evil Black Knight and you have to stop him.
You don't need to explain knights, castles, swords etc to people. You DO have to explain why cell phones, natural disasters and quadcopters are related though.

Well, you see in the year 2500 people are riding around the last city on Earth called Quantum City in giant spheres that resemble the silver balls from an ancient game called pinball. A recent excavation in the city led to the discovery of a radioactive cell phone incased for 420 years in hardened nacho cheese. Somehow the phone is sold to the last pawn shop on Earth owned by "crazy" Bob who discovers its magical powers. Soon however Bob learns that the city is suffering major disasters, his pizza drone delivery orders are not being received and the phone is humanities last hope.

That isn't so hard to understand now is it? Lol

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also those games are of a different era, where arcades were plentiful & home game sales weren't a thing. Theme gets people to run up to a game on location or buy it for their home if it presses their nostalgia buttons.

Right, this is where BK has a leg up against something like DI, Oktoberfest, or some rando original theme in the 2019 landscape.
-For some people (pinball people), it *IS* a theme...it's a threequel of a popular pinball franchise.
-For location players, they can walk up and EASILY understand it. "Me vs. that knight". GO. People walk up to DI or Oktoberfest and go WTF? Pass.

Not sure why you chose DI in your example, it literally tells you what to shoot for. It can't get any more idiot proof.

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

In the 3 seconds you typed this you could have typed in sterns web adress and look them up.

i checked sterns website. doesnt it just direct you to contact dealers? My local dealer doesnt have it up yet.....

NM, i see it now way at bottom.

#739 5 years ago

All 3 look very good think I like the images on the pro best with the sword and horse but the color better on the LE premium is not my favorite but it’s not bad either.

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I was quoted $200 less than that for the Premium and Pro of another very popular title a couple of days ago from a commonly referred to "go-to" distributor. I don't think that's too far out of the norm these days, unfortunately.

#741 5 years ago

I wish I could instal a magna safe on the left drain of SW premium kkkkk

#742 5 years ago

I really prefer the LE art package over the premium, but I'm not sure I like it $1500 more. I'd likely add my own blades, speakers, and shaker to a premium..so I'll call it 1100-1200 more. Still

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Stern website has $5999, $7599, and $8999. I'm guessing $5799 and $7499 and $8999 are pretty normal. (LE's don't usually get discounted)

I was comparing it to my distro's quote.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Not sure why you chose DI in your example, it literally tells you what to shoot for. It can't get any more idiot proof.

Are you saying there are lots of “idiots” on here or certain people that over dramatize everything to make a point?

#745 5 years ago

Normally I’m a wait to see/play kind of person before buying... but for this I’m in for the LE.

Now, gotta vote someone off the island to make room. Damn this hobby!

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You should share your distro then so others can benefit as well from the lower prices.

#747 5 years ago

Topper in 2019 or 2020?

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You should share your distro then so others can benefit as well from the lower prices.

Please don't do this. Then the distributor gets burned by Stern and everyone loses. Take it to PM!

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Topper in 2019 or 2020?

I heard 26 months.

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

What we advertise for and we can "Quote" are 2 totally diffrent things!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 300.00
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/15?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.