(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 81.
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Anyone else think the Magnasave button should have been a third button on the right side of the cabinet forward of the flipper button? Game looks amazing though!!

YES! It looks like its going to be hard to hit and get hand back to hit flipper fast enough.

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

McDonald's has been serving people since 1955. Doesn't mean their product is any good.

It has nothing to do with being good, it has everything to do with selling products. If people don't like what Stern or McDonald's are doing they would be out of business.

#503 5 years ago

Well, it looks a lot like an updated BK2K, very very similar. I guess we'll have to see how the whole package meshes with the layout.

#504 5 years ago

How's this for picky? - I like the Pro cabinet side and the premium BG and head side.

#505 5 years ago

Rule card:

bk-rule-card (resized).jpgbk-rule-card (resized).jpg

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like how the BK3 looks, awesome playfield artwork. Not sure if I dig the whole cyber knight cabinet artwork. Ruleset at first seems to have 6 main modes and a bunch of super modes and super modes have always felt like filler / throw away modes on modern games in my opinion. Stern likes to use super modes in most of their games and all feel like a grind just hitting the same shot over and over again.
Also not sure how the upper playfield will play as it seems a bit cramped, at least its bigger then the one on Aerosmith. Game doesn't haven't me jumping for joy right now with what I'm seeing but looks cool at first glance. Looking forward to playing one on location to try it out.

We all get excited for a new pin ..especially at first glance lol. It looks nice and like a stern pin. Definitely wanna see some game play but i wasn't a fan of the first bk pins so this don't intrest me right away. Also im for sure gonna wait on jjp wonka reveal and im betting its amazing also. Plus they will be shipping soon after reveal which is huge. Gonna b a great year for pinball

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I like the pro art package best but the prem and LE features look like must haves.

I agree, another game from Stern where the LE doesn't get the best art package. IMDN should have had the PREM artwork on the LE as originally intended. This one, I prefer the PRO artwork over the other 2. Wish you could preorder which cabinet you wanted, I'd be all over an LE with the PRO cabinet.

#509 5 years ago

Who is doing the code?

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who is doing the code?

Tim Sexton (timballs)

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I feel like the Pro will have more "flow." Similar to GOT. I have no affinity to BK2K, so don't think I'll miss the upper PF. Lower and Upper PF's just slow the game down. *flame suit on*

All depends on the rules, but I’m in this camp until I see that the upper pf is integrated really well. I trust it will be. If stern keeps getting top players to help with coding and rules, their games are only going to get better.

#513 5 years ago

Only 2 flippers & no upper PF on pro. What is a black knight without an upper PF? Honestly it might flow better. Will be interesting to try both.

#515 5 years ago

Curses! I may have to break down and finally succumb to owning a SPIKE game.

#516 5 years ago

Wow , awesome job Steve Ritchie! The premium looks FANtastic to me. I can’t wait to play this game!

#517 5 years ago

2 different video trailers:

PRO gameplay:

PREM/LE gameplay:

#518 5 years ago

Game looks great, but I don't have any fondness for the 1st two after owning them for a while. I'd buy the pro if I was to buy it because I dislike upper playfields in general.

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

We all get excited for a new pin ..especially at first glance lol. It looks nice and like a stern pin. Definitely wanna see some game play but i wasn't a fan of the first bk pins so this don't intrest me right away. Also im for sure gonna wait on jjp wonka reveal and im betting its amazing also. Plus they will be shipping soon after reveal which is huge. Gonna b a great year for pinball

You are right. An incredible year for pinball. I only hope JJP can actually make games soon after an announcement.

#520 5 years ago

What's interesting is in that Pro gameplay image, you can see the "flail lane" they mention in the feature matrix. It may look like a long ramp, but it's actually a flat stainless lane with the ramp flap actually located behind it. Stern knew this area would get decimated by the balls and the BK's flail thingy and had to create a massive stainless portion of the PF.

I guess they were tired of shipping replacement PF's.

#522 5 years ago

Just one ramp on pro or both models ?

#523 5 years ago

Looks Great!

Definitely looks like Skull Island Reign of Kong Though! Haha!

62032910-72CF-48EF-9EC3-D9555EB22A09 (resized).png62032910-72CF-48EF-9EC3-D9555EB22A09 (resized).pngBC8C9F19-CE47-4338-BB50-38EA3A0A4E5B (resized).pngBC8C9F19-CE47-4338-BB50-38EA3A0A4E5B (resized).png
#524 5 years ago

Great art, great soundtrack, great theme - nice job Stern on thinking outside the box. The only Stern I own is a TronLE, but I can see myself grabbing one of these.

#525 5 years ago

Any word on pricing?

#526 5 years ago

It's already on Sterns Website

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Any word on pricing?

Same as the last couple Pro/Prem/LE releases.

#529 5 years ago

Any word on how soon we can get one?

#530 5 years ago

Looks really cool, I like the knights spinner and sheild, pro art for me, but would like to try the upper playfield

The question is who is coding?

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

The question is who is coding?

Tim Sexton is coding (it's his first as lead coder).

#532 5 years ago

Looks like a solid Pro. The main difference seems to be the upper playfield, ramps, VUK, and ball lock that go with it.

Pro has almost all RGB playfield inserts (24 vs. 26), Magna Save, and the same Black Knight mech.

Has any Pro every had that many RGB Playfield inserts? They are usually just the 6-8 shots.

Pro even has 2 spinners compared to 1 for Premium. I find that funny.

A lot will come down to how cool the upper playfield is during the game.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Totally agree!

#534 5 years ago

Looks like Planetary Pinball is getting paid on this one.

#536 5 years ago

Awesome looking!!

#537 5 years ago

Each version has a winning art package, though I'll have to give the edge to the LE on this one.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looks like Planetary Pinball is getting paid on this one.

What? Why? PP just licenses the WMS stuff, they don't own it. Stern is also licensing it - from "Williams Electronic Games", not PP.

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Each version has a winning art package, though I'll have to give the edge to the LE on this one.

Kevin O'Connor working on grabbing a TWIPY himself!

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

McDonald's has been serving people since 1955. Doesn't mean their product is any good.

Well it looks like the McRib is back with this pin!

#541 5 years ago

Suit of armor for the stream?

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

LMAO

Good luck playing pinball in that thing but I'd love to see it.

I'm sure you'll smell great!

#543 5 years ago

Jack, when are you going to Steam this one?

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Metal bulge?

#545 5 years ago

Really curious how the pro is gonna play compared to the premium. Looks like one ramp on pro with a deadend spinner lane to a vuk that shoots it on wireform? Also another scoop to vuk shot that ends up.on the wireform?. I think to get the bk full experience you really need that upper playfield to lock balls . Looking fwd to some gameplay videos soon to see how things play out.

#546 5 years ago

Looks great. I can't wait to get a chance to flip on one. I'm a little weirded out by the idea of a Black Knight version without an upper playfield, but I would go premium either way.

Can't wait to see more!

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

Jack, when are you going to Steam this one?

Very soon!

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

nah just a chain mail tee top and your good

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really curious how the pro is gonna play compared to the premium. Looks like one ramp on pro with a deadend spinner lane to a vuk that shoots it on wireform? Also another scoop to vuk shot that ends up.on the wireform?. I think to get the bk full experience you really need that upper playfield to lock balls . Looking fwd to some gameplay videos soon to see how things play out.

I was thinking that too - as long as its quick and it flows it should be good - but we'll see

#550 5 years ago

Damn, Stern may have something to knock IMDN off the top of my list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 16.00
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/11?hl=pipes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.