(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 81.
#451 5 years ago

OPEN UP YOUR WALLETS, FOLKS

#452 5 years ago

Looks a lot like Game of Thrones... I really like Game of Thrones.

aa (resized).pngaa (resized).png
#453 5 years ago

This looks like an effing blast. Can’t wait to play.

#454 5 years ago

Kevin O'Connor on artwork - its amazing!

#455 5 years ago

I’m beyond giddy. How could it look any better?

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looks like a Game of Thrones flipped on it's axis... especially the lower playfield. I heard a rumor that GOT was originally going to be BK3K back in the day. I really like the game of thrones layout. This looks awesome!

I agree on the GoT comparison. Plus, finally some decent art from Richie. This game looks a lot better.

#457 5 years ago

Wow. I must say, I'm impressed with what I see. Can't wait to give it a play.

#458 5 years ago

6k for a pro? Wasn’t Munsters 5400 for a pro?

#459 5 years ago

Looks super cool! I like the acrylic upper PF!

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Magna save on both sides of BK and BK2K.

Only the right side on BK2K.

#461 5 years ago

art wow...got 2.0 not wow...

#462 5 years ago

From IGN interview

"Steve Ritchie: The original Black Knight 2000 music is returning to the game in a special retro mode."

#463 5 years ago

Wow! Even after Met and Mdn I didnt know Stern had it in them.

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looks a lot like Game of Thrones... I really like Game of Thrones.
[quoted image]

In terms of "fan" layout on the Pro, perhaps. But just about every shot on BK3 has something different whether it's shot gap width, or where it goes. Also # of ramps, VUK's, spinners, is all different. No returning ramp to the left flipper. It's pretty much nothing like GoT.

#467 5 years ago

My new Iron Maiden pro is getting pretty nervous right about now. I'll wait 'till I can play it, but I can certainly see a Premium in my future.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

No, both are $5,999 MSRP. Munsters might have been $5,400 from a distributor or something.

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Why does this get asked on every new release with "MSRP Prices"

#470 5 years ago

That looks amazing! So there is a pro?

#471 5 years ago

Wellp now I'm torn on Deadpool Pro vs Black Knight Pro for my next pin. I definitely need to try one of these, it looks awesome!

#472 5 years ago

Can someone post the pro playfied pics here thanks.

#473 5 years ago

I like how the BK3 looks, awesome playfield artwork. Not sure if I dig the whole cyber knight cabinet artwork. Ruleset at first seems to have 6 main modes and a bunch of super modes and super modes have always felt like filler / throw away modes on modern games in my opinion. Stern likes to use super modes in most of their games and all feel like a grind just hitting the same shot over and over again.

Also not sure how the upper playfield will play as it seems a bit cramped, at least its bigger then the one on Aerosmith. Game doesn't haven't me jumping for joy right now with what I'm seeing but looks cool at first glance. Looking forward to playing one on location to try it out.

#474 5 years ago

Wow that looks fuckin bad ass!

#475 5 years ago

I personally like the art on the pro the best. Game looks like a ton of fun. I cant wait to flip it!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Can someone post the pro playfied pics here thanks.

blackknight-pro-playfield-01a-1553557249500 (resized).jpgblackknight-pro-playfield-01a-1553557249500 (resized).jpg

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

The thing I don’t like is the acryl mini playfield like wpt. This means that the mini playfield will be empty with just shots on the other side.
So no drops or mini loops or popbumpers or nice artwork or inserts or whatever because the mini pf is acryl.

I agree. Thank all the dorks who complained about "not being able to see the ball" on Thrones. I guess they'd rather have WPT and Elvis than WH2O and Shadow.

#478 5 years ago

OMG! this looks amazing

#479 5 years ago

Playfield comparison:

BK Pro vs LE.jpgBK Pro vs LE.jpg

#480 5 years ago

Wow, if this plays and sounds as good as it looks, a lot of 'keepers' are going to have to find new homes

#481 5 years ago

The upper playfield is so ubiquitous to BK, sad it won't be on the pro...I know, I know, $.

That said, both look awesome!

#482 5 years ago

High Resolution pics of cabs (LE, Premium, Pro)

LE Cab.jpgLE Cab.jpgPrem Cab.jpgPrem Cab.jpgPro Cab.jpgPro Cab.jpg

#483 5 years ago

The upper playfield loop is what black knight is known for. Buying a pro would be like buying a car with square wheels, just doesn’t fit. This may be my first nib ever. Could Stern have done something right for the first time ever. Looks amazing.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

The upper playfield loop is what black knight is known for. Buying a pro would be like buying a car with square wheels, just doesn’t fit. This may be my first nib ever. Could Stern have done something right for the first time ever. Looks amazing.

If what Stern has been doing for 30 years is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

#485 5 years ago

Do you have to shoot through the pops with the upper flipper to get to the upper playfield?

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Great job on the article and interview Sam!

Hey thank you!

#487 5 years ago

As with Munsters I could not imagine buying the pro.

#488 5 years ago

Such nice artwork and... then... those... speaker...grills. Ugh.

Need a mod for that!

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If what Stern has been doing for 30 years is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

McDonald's has been serving people since 1955. Doesn't mean their product is any good.

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Do you have to shoot through the pops with the upper flipper to get to the upper playfield?

The upper flipper is mounted on the upper playfield above the pops.

#491 5 years ago

I should also say that I hope the lockdown button is ONLY used for MagnaSave…

I'm tired of mashing those stupid things. It literally only makes sense for one use: a "missle/bomb/boom/etc". I hate having to take my hands away from the flippers, or watching people new to games with them have no idea what they are for. I almost condone its use in Star Wars, risk vs reward and all that, but even then, I'm not a fan.

Small gripe: Unless the magna save is deep down in the lane and flings the ball upwards like a kickback, you're really going to have to anticipate the drain very early to be able to react to it and get your hand to the button to hit it. Still really cool though.

#492 5 years ago

I feel like the Pro will have more "flow." Similar to GOT. I have no affinity to BK2K, so don't think I'll miss the upper PF. Lower and Upper PF's just slow the game down. *flame suit on*

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

McDonald's has been serving people since 1955. Doesn't mean their product is any good.

As usual you misunderstand me.

My point is that Stern has done plenty "right" in the past 30 years, as opposed to FINALLY getting something right with BK3. Surely you'd agree?

Come on Dirt! Get on the bandwagon!

#494 5 years ago

Wow, that cabinet art . . . I love the rules talk in the article as well. Ten times more excited about a Black Knight sequel than I though I would be.

This is why a theme with no license restrictions on content/art can be so cool, complete freedom on the artwork and having toys actually make sense on the play field.

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I feel like the Pro will have more "flow." Similar to GOT. I have no affinity to BK2K, so don't think I'll miss the upper PF. *flame suit on*

Sure it will be fun... but "flow-y"? Not sure... 2 of the main 6 shots have you hitting a scoleri brothers target first, and then just go to a VUK that shoots the ball to a habitrail. The other 2 have the ball bouncing back at you with the toy, and then there's the 2 orbit shots. Wish it had a horseshoe area. Premium looks the way to go for this one to me.

#496 5 years ago

I like the pro art package best but the prem and LE features look like must haves.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As usual you misunderstand me.
My point is that Stern has done plenty "right" in the past 30 years, as opposed to FINALLY getting something right with BK3. Surely you'd agree?
Come on Dirt! Get on the bandwagon!

They've also done plenty "wrong". Like, a LOT wrong.

#498 5 years ago

Anyone else think the Magnasave button should have been a third button on the right side of the cabinet forward of the flipper button? Game looks amazing though!!

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Anyone else think the Magnasave button should have been a third button on the right side of the cabinet forward of the flipper button? Game looks amazing though!!

Yes. Makes more sense since typically that is where they have been. I hate lockdown bar buttons.

#500 5 years ago

I was not looking forward to this game at all I found the original a snoozefest . Now that I have seen pic's of the gave wow it looks fantastic can't wait for the gameplay video

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/10?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.