Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RayGun
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 9.05.51 PM copy (resized).jpg
    devo-628x611 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20170705-081624~01 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20170705-081631 (resized).jpg
    springsteen-Stern (resized).jpg
    IMG_0268 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1152 (resized).JPG
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Have on good authority (JJ @ game exchange) that Stern's next pin is Nickleback (JJ's favorite band).

#2 6 years ago

And please tell us how new and exiting this innovative pin will be????

#3 6 years ago

Man I love Nickleback! Man I love Pinball too. A nickleback pinball???? you gotta be joking.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

And please tell us how new and exiting this innovative pin will be????

It's actually Slayer. I read it on Pinside.

#5 6 years ago

Plonk

#6 6 years ago

Iron Maiden

#7 6 years ago

Iron Maiden

#8 6 years ago

Up next!

IMG_1152 (resized).JPGIMG_1152 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

Please god, no more music pins for a while, they're all starting to look the same...

#10 6 years ago

hey, I hear pinballs with non-licenced themes are making a comeback...

#11 6 years ago

I thought it was Guardians next?

#12 6 years ago

Guardians is next. Everyone knows it.

#13 6 years ago

Just what we need another boring music themed pin

#14 6 years ago

Are you referring to the Guardians of the universe cartoon???

#15 6 years ago

And some say the Alice Cooper pin is a bad idea

#16 6 years ago

Hoping Dirty Donnys latest scifi themed artwork is a teaser to his involvement with a Guardians related pin- that would be absolutely stunning.

Seems like a perfect match and a way to branch out beyond music themes.
    That a big IF any Disney limitations are out of the way.... (SW)!!

#17 6 years ago

I would rather see something unlicensed like a new Flight 2000

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Hoping Dirty Donny latest space themed artwork is a teaser to his involvement with a Guardians related pin- that would be absolutely stunning.
    Seems like a perfect match and a way to branch out beyond music themes.
    That a big IF any Disney limitations are out of the way.... (SW)!!

Pic?

#19 6 years ago

A sample, this character looks a bit familiar...

IMG_0268 (resized).JPGIMG_0268 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago

I believe Trudeau is up next in the rotation and I thought I heard in an interview or stream he was going to work with zombie yeti again. If true, I doubt zombie zeti would touch Iron Maiden's artwork - there's plenty of Maiden artwork to pull from to not have to sub contract an artist, seems like overkill. Guardians is a possibility if they get license approval for cartoon melting characters. What about Trudeau + Yeti + back to the future? Certainly would fit the 80s theme for this team.

#21 6 years ago

On Chris Franchi's podcast he said he has finished the cab, backbox, and translite art on his next pinball project. He was happy that the the art has been approved with no changes required. He said he's still finishing up the playfield part of it. No info on if this would be stern's next game after star wars or farther down the line.

#22 6 years ago

The next music pin should just be called "Geezer". Cull a varied soundtrack from all your favorite 40-50 year old bands.

#23 6 years ago

No, it's not real.
    A few weeks ago, I tried to prank a pinball buddy of mine, who is the biggest Springsteen fan ever, with this photoshop gem hoping he'd think the Boss was the next Stern pin

springsteen-Stern (resized).jpgspringsteen-Stern (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago

Credible rumor:
    There is an Elvira 3 coming...but don't know if next.

Should be quite a game, if done right.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Credible rumor:
    There is an Elvira 3 coming...but don't know if next.
    Should be quite a game, if done right.

That would be March or so.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

On Chris Franchi's podcast he said he has finished the cab, backbox, and translite art on his next pinball project. He was happy that the the art has been approved with no changes required. He said he's still finishing up the playfield part of it. No info on if this would be stern's next game after star wars or farther down the line.

He might be doing GOTG but he also said he's doing the next Kaminkow pin which is probably Munsters, maybe Beatles

Yeti and Trudeau have been on Iron Maiden

#28 6 years ago

GOTG will most probably be done similar to Star Wars by Marvel/Disney artists or by Stern but under strict licenced/pre approved assets, it's just how Disney/Marvel like it.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Have on good authority (JJ @ game exchange) that Stern's next pin is Nickleback (JJ's favorite band).

And if someone gives you insider info, whether it's right or wrong, #1 rule never out your source publically

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

A sample, this character looks a bit familiar...

There are about 3 other pictures from DD that are more obvious than that one too

GOTG with DD art.....mmmMMmm yummy.
    I know good art doesnt = good game, but probably lots of people including myself will be saying 'ahhh, why did I buy star wars?'

Screenshot_20170705-081631 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20170705-081631 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170705-081624~01 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170705-081624~01 (resized).png

#31 6 years ago

Cool, if Marvel/Disney let DD do the art then that would be sweeeeeeeeeeet

But I wonder if that would mean the LCD would be custom or movie clips

#32 6 years ago

The Munsters and Elvira please! That would finish off my lineup very nicely!!

#33 6 years ago

Surprised Guardians is coming right after SW.

Was expecting Pulp Fiction first.

Anyway if Donny doing the art will be pretty cool.

Wonder how many songs will get into the game?

Will the teaser song by Sweet - Fox on the Run get in the game?

#34 6 years ago

I am GrooT !!!

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Munsters and Elvira please! That would finish off my lineup very nicely!!

Hahaha, finish off your collection!?

There is no end to this sickness dude, just when you think your finished, that little voice says "you can squeeze one more in there" and after that one when you know you need to be done that little voice talks you round "c'mon you don't need a fridge, look how much room it takes up in the kitchen" and you agree "well I do play pinball more than I eat".

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Hahaha, finish off your collection!?
    There is no end to this sickness dude, just when you think your finished, that little voice says "you can squeeze one more in there" and after that one when you know you need to be done that little voice talks you round "c'mon you don't need a fridge, look how much room it takes up in the kitchen" and you agree "well I do play pinball more than I eat".

There's some truth to what you are saying for sure lol. Maybe it would be better put to say....give me 7 good pins that I have the room for and I'm pretty satisfied with my collection, even if I never got another game. My basement is a half finished basement and it's not real big. The key word there is half finished so that means "room to expand if neccessary." I could also squeeze a few more in my basement now if neccessary and believe me I've thought of all the different possibilities lol.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

They will do the Sharknado series. Sunday August 6th marks the 5th one lol!

#38 6 years ago

Their next pin will be a dimpled up mess two weeks after opening the box and playing it.

#39 6 years ago

Would love to see a Beatles pin.

#40 6 years ago

errryone forgetting about jurassic world for when the next JP movie comes out...

#41 6 years ago

How come they never made a Futurama? That would be awesome. I think someone did a home-brew.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Their next pin will be a dimpled up mess two weeks after opening the box and playing it.

This is true! Why thumb down this ? You like dimpled playfields ? It's kinda like saying i am going to buy a brand new Ferrari and leave it outside in a hail storm and think it looks better.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

This is true! Why thumb down this ? You like dimpled playfields ? It's kinda like saying i am going to buy a brand new Ferrari and leave it outside in a hail storm and think it looks better.

Out of all the pins I have owned, and there has been quite a few, only one has a dimpled playfield. A Stern ST Pro.

#44 6 years ago

I'd really love to see a Guardians of the Galaxy pin, that would be a more desirable theme to me than Star Wars even.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd really love to see a Guardians of the Galaxy pin, that would be a more desirable theme to me than Star Wars even.

And if the rumours of GOTG using Keith's Archer layout are true it will be loaded and awesome to flip, always enjoy watching videos of his Archer table just looks ALOT of fun which would be perfect for GOTG.

#46 6 years ago

Where is the gameplay video? What are they hiding?!

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Out of all the pins I have owned, and there has been quite a few, only one has a dimpled playfield. A Stern ST Pro.

Sorry but all playfields dimple. Your other games are old and have many many plays on them and the dimples have become smooth. My new games have lots of dimples as well but you have to really look for them in the right light to really see them. It doesn't bother me and I'm about as picky as they come.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sorry but all playfields dimple. Your other games are old and have many many plays on them and the dimples have become smooth. My new games have lots of dimples as well but you have to really look for them in the right light to really see them. It doesn't bother me and I'm about as picky as they come.

If iám correct, after 2001 the playfields have different plywood (softer).
    The don't make the 90'playwood anymore.
    So if the bal bounce on the playfield you get a dent.
    And the clearcoat is water based the last years.
    So the playfield wear is mutch bigger than a 90'machine.

Don't believe the story George Gomez say's "because we want more shine on the playfield".you get dimples.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

If iám correct, after 2001 the playfields have different plywood (softer).
    The don't make the 90'playwood anymore.
    So if the bal bounce on the playfield you get a dent.
    And the clearcoat is water based the last years.
    So the playfield wear is mutch bigger than a 90'machine.
    Don't believe the story George Gomez say's "because we want more shine on the playfield".you get dimples.

I don't believe What George says, but I definitely believe what Vid says because he knows his sh*t when it comes to pinball machines and Vid says all playfields dimple and always have.

#50 6 years ago

would love a Guardians - Trudeau and Zombie Yeti art & Lyman code ..... mmmm

also wonder if Keith's Archer will be done with his design in 2018.....

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.