(Topic ID: 62864)

Stern's Next Machine after Star Trek

By Wolfmarsh

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

george-takei-oh-myyy_design.png
    wTpWR.png
    A451A01E.jpg
    who.jpg
    Mustang50Years_K_R01.jpg
    Dragula.gif
    Rob_Zombie.jpg
    the-wocka-wocka-ing-dead.jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago

Harry Potter

#53 10 years ago

Castlevania, NHL pin, Jack Daniel's, Corvette in the future. But I want Maiden and not Zep. Oh and please bring something new to games that's innovative in 2014 with technology.

#54 10 years ago

Futurama
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Archer
    GTA

#55 10 years ago

I seriously hope it's Resident Evil. The license is a no-brainer, and we're overdue for a scary pin.

#56 10 years ago

Disney Toy Story

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

How about a little art history this time?

I'd pre-order a Robert Longo "Men in Cities" or a Gerhard Richter LE in a heartbeat

#58 10 years ago

Desperado.

I'm all in for the Trejo LE which comes with a certificate for a free tattoo and a tube of
    "Skin Leatherer" in the swag bag. I'm actually working on this pin right now and can confirm it. We've got Tito and Tarantula, Cheech, Rodriguez, Hayek, even Banderas. Turns out he's a big pinball guy.

One of my favorite call outs is when you push Start without a credit and Bucho yells, "Can not you see we are fucking closed!" Another good one is when is software knows you're flipping but you aren't hitting a damn thing and Tarantino (actually a voice actor, Quentin was the only asshole who refused to work on the project) says, "He's pissing everywhere, *EXCEPT* the fucking glass."

#59 10 years ago

Who is the Next designer in line??? NOT SR and not Borg so that leaves... Gomez?(Im out) Or better choice Lyman.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Desperado.
    I'm all in for the Trejo LE which comes with a certificate for a free tattoo and a tube of
    "Skin Leatherer" in the swag bag. I'm actually working on this pin right now and can confirm it. We've got Tito and Tarantula, Cheech, Rodriguez, Hayek, even Banderas. Turns out he's a big pinball guy.
    One of my favorite call outs is when you push Start without a credit and Bucho yells, "Can not you see we are fucking closed!" Another good one is when is software knows you're flipping but you aren't hitting a damn thing and Tarantino (actually a voice actor, Quentin was the only asshole who refused to work on the project) says, "He's pissing everywhere, *EXCEPT* the fucking glass."

What the F are you talking about? You forgot to take your meds.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Desperado.

Brilliant! Count me in for LE #1.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from bailorgana:

I thought is was locked - wasn't My Little Pony leaked as next?

Wow who would have thought a photoshopped FGY would be the canvas for my Litl pony.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Brilliant! Count me in for LE #1.

You and me man. We can hit up the parlor at the same time to cash in our free ink.

#65 10 years ago

I don't get it, and no offense meant to anyone, but what grown man begs for a Muppets themed pinball machine? The folks over on the JJP site do the same thing. Muppets? Really? WTH?

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Who is the Next designer in line??? NOT SR and not Borg so that leaves... Gomez?(Im out) Or better choice Lyman.

John 'Dr. Flash' Trudeau.

#67 10 years ago

Because the muppets are awesome.

I also enjoy going to disney as much as my kids do, and I still play with legos. I also still shop at comic stores and wear superhero shirts to work.

If that makes me some kind of weird grown man, so be it.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

My guess is rumor/ never happen unless Stairway to heaven is left out of the game, Robert Plant hates the song with a passion and wishes it was never made so why would he sign off on a pin that of course has to have stairway to heaven

Good thing he met Jimmy Paige and they made the song. He's not worth a reported 80 million dollars from his Priory of Brion days.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballShawn:

50th Anniversary Ford Mustang. Anyone want to take a bet?

That's kinda what I was thinking since Ford did mention a pinball machine as part of the 50th anniversary.

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

I don't get it, and no offense meant to anyone, but what grown man begs for a Muppets themed pinball machine? The folks over on the JJP site do the same thing. Muppets? Really? WTH?

I'd rather see a Toy Story pin than the Muppets myself.... Seriously... I'm a grown man and I enjoy the Toy Story movies... As a pin I'm sure it would flop big time... But I would like it.

And no offense taken

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#71 10 years ago

As far as music pins, you really have to think world wide appeal... The only 5 I can think of that would have planetary appeal (meaning everyone's heard of them) are:

The Beatles
    Aerosmith
    U2
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin

And I'm a huge RUSH fan, I'd buy a NIB RUSH pin in a heartbeat! But I'm also realistic in that it'll never happen.

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#72 10 years ago

I'm down for Aerosmith. Revolution and Guitar Hero worked out well, so the band is clearly open to games. And they have a deep enough catalog for a wide berth of modes.

I think Pearl Jam might work too? And I'm going to keep hoping for a Van Halen table.

#73 10 years ago

Mustang pinball would be awesome if it's like "The Getaway High Speed II", or a Mad Max pinball with the new movie coming.....

#74 10 years ago

Mad Max isn't a bad call...

#75 10 years ago

I don't know what to guess but I can say I hope it's not a theme that appeals to me at all but that others really love it. I have to sit the next one out.

#76 10 years ago

All kidding aside the smart money is on:

Walking Dead, then ESPN Sportscenter and then Steve Ritchie's final game: Led Zeppelin.

At least this is what my inside source is telling me.

#77 10 years ago

Raven 2?

Shaq Attack 2?

#78 10 years ago

Cant you at least wait until a Star Trek game is out there before starting all over again?

#79 10 years ago

The walking dead. Will be released in time for season 4 finish.

#80 10 years ago

Man on man as much as I dislike movies today looks like mostly more losers in 2014. Time for creativity and humor of an orginal title. I'll take at least one every 2 or 3 or 4 years to be rotated in besides boring plotless movies of today.

#81 10 years ago

Maybe a Grand theft auto pinball.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

You and me man. We can hit up the parlor at the same time to cash in our free ink.

Hell yeah! Then off to the Tarasco bar to knock back some piss warm Chango.

#83 10 years ago

Hopefully the Iron Maiden tease by Stern a few months back was a sign that its on the cards.

#84 10 years ago

can we get something monster related....what happened to munsters idea? Rob Zombie's Pinball of Horror, walking dead comic version gets my vote and money...maybe a Sin City....I am ready for my first NIB and I am about to put down on Hobbit....

#85 10 years ago

Mad Max: Fury Road
    The Pinbll

#86 10 years ago

I think the world is finally ready for Zingy Bingy.

#87 10 years ago

I think its either gonna be for the 1st one....

Godzilla or
    Planet of the Apes

Both movies coming out in the spring and then for September...

Resident Evil to coincide with the movie release!

#88 10 years ago

The only must have theme I can think of is Jay and Silent Bob. Stern seems to be stuck in the 80's perhaps this is a way to move them into the next decade

#89 10 years ago

Man of Steel (Superman) has to be a possibility

#90 10 years ago

BRONY PIN WOULD BE EPIC !!!!!!!!!!!! The whole pin is a complete freakshow, the upper playfield is a Build a Bear storefront with brony drops lined up around the corner for the chance to "stuff" a pony. You have to drop all the drops before the 40 year old grabs the last one and runs to his parent's basement. The final wizard mode entails a whole mob of bronies wanting you dead since you have the last 5 ponies. Hurry up mode then ensues when the 40 year olds father finds his hidden pony love stash, and you have to hit 5 ramps for the diverter to make pops head the other direction and the 40 year old son can now begin his "relationship with his new friend"

Bronies need to simply go away..........................

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Maybe a Grand theft auto pinball.

Put me down for a Vice City and San Andreas LE!!!

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Put me down for a Vice City and San Andreas LE!!!

STTNG is the better pin!

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

STTNG is the better pin!

Hahahaha nice one.

#94 10 years ago

Edit: I'm surprised MIB and Fast and Furious have not been made into pinballs.

#95 10 years ago

Facebook the pinball experience. Featuring George Takei!

george-takei-oh-myyy_design.pnggeorge-takei-oh-myyy_design.png

#96 10 years ago

Vacation America 2: European Vacation

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

and then for September...

Resident Evil to coincide with the movie release!

Could be the debut of the LCD display . . . nothing would be better suited for that than RE with then six movies of top flight action scenes (and what is expected to be the final movie barring something unforeseen).

#98 10 years ago

Im going to say Man of Steel

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Could be the debut of the LCD display . . . nothing would be better suited for that than RE with then six movies of top flight action scenes (and what is expected to be the final movie barring something unforeseen).

My thoughts exactly, debut of LCD display.....that pin has to happen!

#100 10 years ago

Grand Theft Auto could simply be brilliant, however I think it's too adult for the amount games they want to sell. If it's Walking Dead, I am simply screwed as I would have to buy on theme alone and I'm flat broke after ST. I still dream for The Legend of Zelda one day, that would be my ultimate bucket list theme and the music would be the best.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-machine-after-star-trek/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.