(Topic ID: 62864)

Stern's Next Machine after Star Trek

By Wolfmarsh

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

george-takei-oh-myyy_design.png
    wTpWR.png
    A451A01E.jpg
    who.jpg
    Mustang50Years_K_R01.jpg
    Dragula.gif
    Rob_Zombie.jpg
    the-wocka-wocka-ing-dead.jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

A Muppets + AC/DC combo Ultra Limited Edition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uhG8UcjsKuo

#2 10 years ago

Avengertreklicca.

It's a lot like Hollywood. Same trash over and over.

#3 10 years ago

What about Muppets + Walking Dead?

the-wocka-wocka-ing-dead.jpgthe-wocka-wocka-ing-dead.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Well John T should be up and I would love to see what he comes up with.

#5 10 years ago

Well I think it's time for Iron maiden
    With LCD,topper,shaker motor and same playfield for each version

#6 10 years ago

i want a "Jurassic World" pinball !!!!!!

#7 10 years ago

Full in for muppets!!

#8 10 years ago

I am holding off on the Hobbit to see what might be coming.... and still might not get hobbit...

#9 10 years ago

I guess we will see next year as no more new releases for 2013.

#10 10 years ago

I already put down a 10k deposit on a new LE for whatever title it is with a reputable distro!

#11 10 years ago

they gotta let something leak out before January right? I mean right?

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I guess we will see next year as no more new releases for 2013.

#12 10 years ago

Just so everyone is clear, this was a parody/joke thread. I wasn't trying to spark real speculation about the next game already. We haven't even seen Star Trek gameplay yet.

I'd love to see some more funny ideas posted.

#13 10 years ago

Pretty sure they are going to try to compete with WoZ by putting out a Sound of Music pin.

-Wes

#14 10 years ago

I'm begging.....BEGGING.....for Stern or JPP or ANYBODY to make a Walking Dead pin.

#15 10 years ago

How about Game of Thrones?

#16 10 years ago

"Tilt! The Battle to Save Pinball" Pinball machine. It's a pinball machine themed around a movie about pinball machines.

Similar to a coffee table book about coffee tables.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

"Tilt! The Battle to Save Pinball" Pinball machine.

Only if the translite features gomez, sharpe, etc... in the Star Trek premium style.

#18 10 years ago

Middle of the year they will rerun LOTR

#19 10 years ago

50th Anniversary Ford Mustang. Anyone want to take a bet?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from WheelieWorld:

may have to wait for 2015 or later

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from WheelieWorld:

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. JP was a huge hit for DE....then Sega did Lost World. No one did JPIII though, lol

#23 10 years ago

Dr who

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. JP was a huge hit for DE

Borg can put lasers in a JP clone.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

whatever it is, please no music pin!

Cmon ZEP!!

#26 10 years ago

World Pokerinoindaazz.

Pro model $5,995.00 LE $8,995.00
    You have to figure out the ball traps and how to get it to play.
    Fun for the whole family.
    Baked potato not included with the pro model.

#27 10 years ago

I keep pumping this idea until I'm dead

Rob_Zombie.jpgRob_Zombie.jpg
    Dragula.gifDragula.gif

#28 10 years ago

50th Anniversary Ford Mustang. Anyone want to take a bet?

Agree Very likely as they or someone already acquired a pinball license for it.

Although a title already exisits, Corvettes 60th anniversary was this year so 2018 65th?

Careful what you wish for sometimes the original is far superior.

If another music pin drops I'm thinking at some point the below titles will likely be a pin...
    The Beatles active in 1960.. 2020 release would be 60th anniversary (Not sure if anyone will ever pay or be able to aquire the license)
    Led Zeppelin first around in 1968.. technically 2018 would be 50th
    Pink Floyd 1965? so 2015 would be the 50th anniversary
    Aerosmith I think 45th anniversary in 2015.. 50th in 2020?
    The Beach Boys 50th was in 2012.. so 60th would be 2022
    Tom Petty has been actively touring over 30 years.. 35th in 2017
    The Who...1964, 50th would be 2014.
    Greenday 1987..just had it's 25th

Movies...
    Star Wars. .. possibly after 7 2015... or perhaps... when ,8,9 are done.
    Godzilla - 2014
    Robocop 2014
    Avengers 2015.. already done..
    Hobbit...Dec 2013 already in production by JJP..
    Thor... Nov. 2013
    Transformers 2014.. already done
    Captain America 2014
    The Hunger games Nov. 2013
    Fast & Furious 7 - 2014

OLD MOVIES THAT I WISH STERN WOULD MAKE INTO PINS!....
    JAWS (1975)... 40th anniversary 2015.. 50TH 2025
    GOONIES
    LABYRINTH
    KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTTER SPACE
    SPACE BALLS
    * A revamped BTTF To be realeased Oct. 21st 2015

At some point I can almost guarantee several of the above titles will become pins not necessarily the next stern titles but certainly will be available at some point.

I'm thinking for next year these two are the most likely candidates...
    The Who (50th Anniversary) - 2014

**The Who frontman Roger Daltrey has teased fans by hinting the band is eyeing a 50th anniversary tour next year following the success of The Rolling Stones' comeback gigs.

The 'Pinball Wizard' hitmakers formed in 1964 and went on to become one of the biggest bands of the 1960s and 1970s, selling 100 million records worldwide.

They have announced no plans to mark their 50th birthday next year with a special event, but singer Daltrey reveals the band is considering organising "something" after witnessing how well the Stones' half-century concerts in London and the US were received.

............................................................................................................................................

Mustang 2014 ½ 50th anniversary - 2014 "April"

DEARBORN - The Ford Mustang will soon become the newest member of a very exclusive club: Vehicles in continuous production for 50 years. To help mark this milestone, more than 20 companies have already signed up to sell products including watches, **************pinball machines***********, T-shirts, model cars and more that celebrate the Mustang’s first 50 years.

http://www.at.ford.com/news/Plants/Pages/Celebrating-a-Legend-Ford-Unveils-Mustang-50th-Anniversary-Logo.aspx

And the last one will be some popular Movie title.....................................................................

Mustang50Years_K_R01.jpgMustang50Years_K_R01.jpg who.jpgwho.jpg

#29 10 years ago

Muppet Fiction

A451A01E.jpgA451A01E.jpg

#30 10 years ago

If the new RoboCop is a big hit....ya never know....

#31 10 years ago

Spartacus..With blood splatter effects.

#32 10 years ago

I thought is was locked - wasn't My Little Pony leaked as next?

wTpWR.pngwTpWR.png

#33 10 years ago

Led Zepplin will be a 2014 release. Most likely the Feb - April time frame.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from MRG:

Led Zepplin will be a 2014 release. Most likely the Feb - April time frame.

Guessing or solid rumor.

That's my number 1 coveted title.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Guessing or solid rumor.

pretty much for me as well

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Guessing or solid rumor.

My guess is rumor/ never happen unless Stairway to heaven is left out of the game, Robert Plant hates the song with a passion and wishes it was never made so why would he sign off on a pin that of course has to have stairway to heaven

#37 10 years ago

I'm with most with Iron Maiden. But there's never been a pin with a Date Rape theme.......

#38 10 years ago

Where's mnpinball? He has a pretty good track record of predicting what the next title will be.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

Where's mnpinball? He has a pretty good track record of predicting what the next title will be.

He made a ZEP comment recently but I could not tell if it was serious or not. Word on the street was Zep was lined up before Metallica but fell apart with Zeps crazy approval process.

#40 10 years ago

COD!!!

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

My guess is rumor/ never happen unless Stairway to heaven is left out of the game, Robert Plant hates the song with a passion and wishes it was never made so why would he sign off on a pin that of course has to have stairway to heaven

I doubt he really said exactly what you are saying.
    Plant appears to consider the song "beautiful" in this interview on NPR, but understands that the hugeness of the song made it a great target for parodies:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14053437

Furthermore, Plant was moved to tears when the Wilson sisters performed the song at the Kennedy Center Honors:

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2012/12/28/hearts-stairway-to-heaven-cover-tears-up-robert-plant-video/

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I doubt he really said exactly what you are saying.
    Plant appears to consider the song "beautiful" in this interview on NPR, but understands that the hugeness of the song made it a great target for parodies:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14053437
    Furthermore, Plant was moved to tears when the Wilson sisters performed the song at the Kennedy Center Honors:
    http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2012/12/28/hearts-stairway-to-heaven-cover-tears-up-robert-plant-video/

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/music/photos/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=29115301&page=12

Here's the link to one of the stories about it, and I'm not going to comment on why heart made plant cry, that's to easy.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Moose615:

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/music/photos/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=29115301&page=12
    Here's the link to one of the stories about it, and I'm not going to comment on why heart made plant cry, that's to easy.

He basically just said he is tired of performing the song. That is far different from saying he hates the song. Anybody that has to sing a particular song at every event for decades is going to tire of it.

#44 10 years ago

http://www.cracked.com/article_20231_5-iconic-songs-despised-by-people-who-created-them_p2.html

I personally love LZ so don't get me wrong, I hope they do make a pin. So many great songs to choose from.

#45 10 years ago

Alright getting back on track I still say Mustang 50th, and The WHO 50th are next for 2014. (Beatles or Zeppelin) is pure gold for stern they need to put out other titles first. I say Zeppelin hits a reunion tour along with a Stern Zeppelin pin in 2018 for the 50th anniversary. Can't you just load your own songs onto AC/DC ? Why wouldn't they just have a thumb drive / sd card to play from. You could buy bonus tracks through Sterns website, and it could be encrypted.

#46 10 years ago

Hard Bodies 2: Harder Bodies

#47 10 years ago

Maiden baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! music-movie-music-movie now it's music again

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Maiden baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! music-movie-music-movie now it's music again

I like Iron Maiden's music as much as the next 40 something year old male....I do not want to see it in a pinball machine. Ska-rew that.

#49 10 years ago

How about a little art history this time? I'd go for either "The Impressionists" or "The Pre-Raphaelites." Of course, something based on the life of Caravaggio might bring in livelier elements.

I can dream...

#50 10 years ago

Pry the money from my hands.

MUPPETS MUPPETS MUPPETS

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-machine-after-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.