Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrclean
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    Woody_&_Buzz_004.JPG
    Woody_&_Buzz_003.JPG
    shazam-show.jpg
    JokerAd.JPG
    DSC01655.JPG
    06time01.jpg
    There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

make the game what we want and no stupid things like the useless "Supercharger", that gimic was lame!

I like it, and have a sip of beer when the ball goes in there...

Robert

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

I heard it'll be a Garth Brooks pin. "I got friends in loooooow places..."

Me too Doc!....

I'll take a little Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville pin or some kind of redneck hillbilly theme!

Resident Evil....come on just announce it, ready to send deposit...

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

some kind of redneck hillbilly theme!

that would be right down my alley!

#104 11 years ago

Supercharger is great!

I saw SR in shorty's on saturday night and when I told him I had BK2K and HSII he gave me a smile and said "you are going to love my next game! " it will be a licensed theme though.
    Read into that what you will, but I'm excited!

#105 11 years ago

A pin based upon the 1974 TV movie Killdozer...

#106 11 years ago

If SR is doing a Bond pin, I'd buy it NIB.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

A pin based upon the 1974 TV movie Killdozer...

WOW ! I have not heard or seen anything about that movie since the 70s.
    Stern might be able to sell 2 or 3 of those Killdozer Pinballs

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky347:

Supercharger is great!
    I saw SR in shorty's on saturday night and when I told him I had BK2K and HSII he gave me a smile and said "you are going to love my next game! " it will be a licensed theme though.

Fast & Furious - The pinball machine?!

Btw HS2 is great and the super charger is a kick ass gimmick.

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

What about a M.Jackson Themed Pin called " Thriller "

Would you have to put a sign in your yard when it arrived?

#110 11 years ago

I wonder if Avengers will be a retheme of XMen, ala FGY/Shrek. That would be cool by me, as long as the bash toy was smaller - it would have to be Hulk. Hulk smash!

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I wonder if Avengers will be a retheme of XMen, ala FGY/Shrek. That would be cool by me, as long as the bash toy was smaller - it would have to be Hulk. Hulk smash!

It's not a re-theme.

#112 11 years ago

You know mnpinball I had to change a lot around because of you. All 3 pins on my wish list coming in a row.

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Fast & Furious - The pinball machine?!
    Btw HS2 is great and the super charger is a kick ass gimmick.

I agree ,,, HS2 Blows the Doors off of HS ... The Super Charger is a Cool Toy for the Pin , I'm on my 3rd HS2 , and I'm Giving it More Respect than the other 2.. Why ,, Because it's a Keeper for a while and I'm Finally Play-n Pinball instead of flip-n them ..

Quoted from Nevus:

BLACK_ROSE said:

What about a M.Jackson Themed Pin called " Thriller "

Would you have to put a sign in your yard when it arrived?

I Wouldn't Buy the Pin , and what Sign are you Talk-n about ?

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

It's not a re-theme.

Is it LCD?

#115 11 years ago

I also would like to see a LCD screen if that is the future of pinball.

#116 11 years ago

It better be, although I hope they go with a smaller LCD than JJP and still have back lit art for back box.

#117 11 years ago

Should be this....

JokerAd.JPGJokerAd.JPG

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

This is a band that makes poor decisions with licensing. They let Lars do the talking, and he does things like not allowing Tarrantino to use "Enter Sandman" to choreograph the black and white sword fight scene between Uma and the Crazy 88 in Kill Bill Part 1.

One of those guys in Metallica could be an Asian film buff. I remember hearing that he wore a Captain Harlock shirt to one of his gigs. It's possible he knows how much Tarantino owes to that region. So maybe Kill Bill vol. 1+2 are Tarantino's love letter to Asian films. That doesn't change the fact that he ripped off Ringo Lam's City on Fire to make Reservoir Dogs and pretended never to have seen it.
    Pulp Fiction is a fun film. But do yourself a favor and watch City on Fire before you put Tarantino on such a high pedestal.

http://vimeo.com/5409572

1 week later
    #119 11 years ago

King tut tutankhamun is next

#120 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Resident Evil....come on just announce it, ready to send deposit...

+1

#121 11 years ago

Metallica would be awesome. Could have a video mode where you get bitched at for downloading MP3's on Napster and every time you wanted to hear a song while playing you had to send 99 cents to iTunes or Amazon.

#122 11 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Metallica would be awesome. Could have a video mode where you get bitched at for downloading MP3's on Napster and every time you wanted to hear a song while playing you had to send 99 cents to iTunes or Amazon.

#123 11 years ago

Ahh, Metallica/Napster. It reminded me of an early Internet classic. NSFW.

#124 11 years ago

Why not a 2 player head to head pin? one that gives out tickets so that it will sell to the kiddy arcades?

#125 11 years ago

Warped Tour Punk Rock theme based on the festival experience as much as the bands.

#126 11 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky347:

Supercharger is great!

The Fast and the Furious

#127 11 years ago

Led Zeppelin ,,,,,,, I'd Buy it !! and keep it for , Till I was Ready to sell it.....

bet it Would be a Great Pin also.... Stairway to Heaven Ramp , Whole Lotta Love Captive hole etc....

#128 11 years ago

Led zeppelin who are they

#129 11 years ago

Bruce Lee v The Kiss Army would be a cracking pin!!

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

The Fast and the Furious

You teasing Jason? Or is there some truth behind that? I'd be pretty excited for a fast and furious pin, seems a no brainer hugely successful franchise/licence, most popular one yet was F&F5 with the 6th on its way, theme that would attract the younger crowds especially in multiplexs/cinemas.

I've ducked out on sterns last 3 pins but if Avengers, Star Trek and a Fast & Furious pin where all made I'd struggle to not buy them all.

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

I'm hoping there will be more, deeper, video modes integrated with game play. A bigger display with higher resolution can only be a positive for the evolution of pinball.

Adding a bunch of video modes controlled with two flipper buttons and taking away from the oinba action sounds like total disaster. No matter how good of a job they do with the LCD graphics, it won't be close to say and Xbox 360 which has a nice controller to play the games. I don't play pinball to play video modes. In fact, I hate almost all video modes and am thankful stern doesn't incorporate them at all.

The only valid use of an LCD in my opinion would be to show an advancing story. Would have been useful in something like lord of the rings.

#132 11 years ago

Mad Max
    Fast and Furious / Ford Mustang
    Tutankhamun
    Las Vegas

#133 11 years ago

Team America!

#134 11 years ago

I think a Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Pinball would be perfect...

I think Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers would make an excellent choice. They have an incredible catalog of music. You can have Tom in his Alice & Wonderland hat as the mad hatter, the bumpers can be drums, easily implement their heart with the guitar logo for ramps / artwork.

Just look at some of these titles to use in the game to name a few:

-Won't Back Down
    -Free Fallin'
    -American Girl
    -Running Down A Dream
    -Last Dance With Mary Jane
    -The Waiting
    -Even The Losers..get lucky (If your ball gets saved)
    -Don't Come Around Here No More (when you drain a ball / game ends)
    -Learning To Fly
    -Into The Great Wide Open
    -I Won't Back Down
    -You Got Lucky
    -Don't Do Me Like That
    -You Don't Know How It Feels
    -Refugee

Any one else think that Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers would make a good Stern Music theme Pin ? They still tour even after 30 years and are still very popular.

#136 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

A James Bond pin would be awesome since Skyfall's releasing in the fall and the 50th anniversary of Dr. No. Pick the Bond of your choice at the beginning like in DW. Oh, and LCD screens!!!!

Thats not a bad idea. There are enough Bond movies that each one could be a different mode, and each one certainly has its own intro music that would be well recognized. And of course, we would have pics of some hot chicks on it from when they were young and still looked good. Wow...some of them really pigged out!

#137 11 years ago

It would be funny to have new Stern with theme "pinball"with modes,sound and music of other classic game,I'm sure if the game have lot of stock it will be hit,Mr Stern think about it

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Avengers 2012
    Led Zep 2013
    Star Trek 2013
    In that order says mnpinball crystal ball.
    Ball subject to change.

-------------------------------

I'd Buy the Zeppelin !!

#139 11 years ago

Ok, you just blew my mind.

It would be the most foul languaged pin in history, but it's be awesome!

America, F*** YEAH!

#140 11 years ago

My Brother lives in Monkey Junction ( Wilmington ) NC .. 2-weeks ago he said they were Film-n

Iron Man 3 on River rd at the Ship Yard.. I Hope to see an IM 2 ,, in the Future !!

#141 11 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Ok, you just blew my mind.

It would be the most foul languaged pin in history, but it's be awesome!

America, F*** YEAH!

It would be an insanely funny machine.
    Imagine all the quotes.
    Ball drians...Spottswoode " Your a Buttf...... quitter" lol
    I would buy one in a heartbeat!

#142 11 years ago
    Quoted from DEVILinIRON:

One of those guys in Metallica could be an Asian film buff. I remember hearing that he wore a Captain Harlock shirt to one of his gigs. It's possible he knows how much Tarantino owes to that region. So maybe Kill Bill vol. 1+2 are Tarantino's love letter to Asian films. That doesn't change the fact that he ripped off Ringo Lam's City on Fire to make Reservoir Dogs and pretended never to have seen it.
    Pulp Fiction is a fun film. But do yourself a favor and watch City on Fire before you put Tarantino on such a high pedestal.
    » Vimeo video
    » YouTube video

It's very well known that Tarantino has got many of his ideas from other films. He freely admits this. His films are mostly derivative. So what? He still gives them a style and flare that those other films he pays homage to don't have, not to mention adding superlative dialog.

#143 11 years ago

I'm sure a few of these would sell here...

shazam-show.jpgshazam-show.jpg

Such a sweet BG too. I hope it's mirrored!

#144 11 years ago

I'm thinkin mnpinball has something there with his prediciton of the Fast and Furious. They have to switch to a different theme after superheros so far, and with Avengers coming in the future.

#145 11 years ago

This is a Joke , found my kids toys on the Table outside like this,, I Laughed !! Toy Story 4

Naaa ,, Stupid ,, I had to take a Pict...

Woody_&_Buzz_003.JPGWoody_&_Buzz_003.JPG Woody_&_Buzz_004.JPGWoody_&_Buzz_004.JPG

#146 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

This is a Joke , found my kids toys on the Table outside like this,, I Laughed !! Toy Story 4

Naaa ,, Stupid ,, I had to take a Pict...

I KNEW IT!!! Buzz and Woody liked each other.

#147 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

My Brother lives in Monkey Junction ( Wilmington ) NC .. 2-weeks ago he said they were Film-n

Iron Man 3 on River rd at the Ship Yard.. I Hope to see an IM 2 ,, in the Future !!

Wow, would be great to see a big budget film being shot.
    IM2 pin would be cool, dunno after Avengers though, that would make 3 Ironman related pins.
    I certainly wouldn't complain though.

#148 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

The Fast and the Furious

This would be cool, but the question would be will it be street racing Fast and Furious, like the early movies, or hiest Fast and Furious like the last movie and what the director/producer is saying the next two will be? Would be a cool hiest pin.

I'm going to keep beating the drum on either Nirvana, Resident Evil, or Game of Thrones though (or, even better, a totally original theme).

#149 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

This would be cool, but the question would be will it be street racing Fast and Furious, like the early movies, or hiest Fast and Furious like the last movie

Why not a bit of both? I can see a good pin in this theme. But one thing is should be is FAST!!

After my Wolverine LE it will be a period of calm for me to let my wallet catch his breath. I bought 4 NIB in a row, so the poor thing is starving!
    Or it should be the Avengers pin, then i'm going to have to torment it one final time.
    So i hope the Avengers won't be next.

#150 11 years ago

I am not a fan of the fast and furious films and I wouldn't be keen on a pin with that theme but I can appreciate that many people would be.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-game-after-x-men1/page/3?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.