001.JPG
010.JPG
HHR-3.jpg
CC_AC_R5_004.jpg
imagesW6RFFJDO mustang ute.jpg
image.jpg
images Mustang Wagon.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 685 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Where's the code update LMAO!!!!

Hit the road, wait for code

#202 10 years ago

It would be fun if the final code update was 8.0

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

And as of 2:42 EST there is only 1 post on RGP about this and I was the one that started it.
-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

Quoted from dsuperbee:

This relates to this thread how????

I don't know... I thought it was interesting that in years past RGP would have jumped all over a thread like this and now it's Pinside?????????? Jeeeezzzz!

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#204 10 years ago

you snagged a hertz version eh? did you buy from hertz used rental sales?

#205 10 years ago

Just waiting for the right theme to spring for a NIB.

Looks like I'll keep waiting...

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Hit the road, wait for code

I couldn't help myself.

#207 10 years ago

Only on Pinside would a new game be announced and every Sad Sally in the world comes out of the woodwork to say they won't be buying it.

Why would anyone care about what you are not going to buy?

#208 10 years ago

Cars & Pinball, Life is good

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You're right. Why would Stern care about that?

#210 10 years ago

I for one am super excited. I asked about a mustang theme pin 2 years ago at TPF and George Gomez said no. I'm thrilled. I'm a huge car guy and would love to own a Corvette, Viper and Mustang pin.

And I'm going to be the minority here (as usual) and am hoping George does the design. I seem to like his pins the most (TF and AV).

#211 10 years ago

I think this is a great pin theme. Between Mustang enthusiasts and Ford dealerships (over 3,000 in the US alone) they got it covered for sales!

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

you snagged a hertz version eh? did you buy from hertz used rental sales?

Bought it from a used car dealership by my house. I traded in my lightly modified 2003 GT to be able to get it. Daily driver with over 70k (bought with 57k on the clock). I think it's the highest mileage GT-H out there, not a trailer queen to be sure! Number 66 of the 500 made in 2007. Just paid it off a couple months ago.

#213 10 years ago

From Ford's press release on the 50th anniversary edition of the mustang (I didn't realize the Stang has never been sold in Europe):

DEARBORN, Mich./SHANGHAI, Dec 5 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co unveiled its 50th anniversary Mustang sports car in its first global launch on Thursday, with a sleek redesign aimed at enhancing the brand's status outside the United States.

The second-largest U.S. automaker is betting that upscale touches will appeal to buyers in Europe and Asia, where the pony car will be sold for the first time in 2015. The new model features the trapezoid front grille that Ford has used to lend a more premium look its other global models.

#214 10 years ago

Glad I can get a break for a round

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Only on Pinside would a new game be announced and all the Sad Sallys come out of the woodwork to say they won't be buying it.

It's a discussion about the THEME.

Not much else to discuss at this point, is there? We have no artwork to look at, no playfield layout to look at, don't know the rules, and don't know how much it will cost or how many versions there will be.

Given that, it makes sense that people would mostly be talking about whether they would buy this based on theme alone. I certainly wouldn't. But if the pin turns out to be a something special in terms of how it plays, and once the code is where it should be, I would consider it at that time..

#216 10 years ago

I was really hoping for a fast and the furious theme but mustang only theme ?i think I'll pass on this one , but if I change my mind can I pre order it at any Ford dealer ? Lol

#217 10 years ago

Last night, I watched Star Trek. After which I hopped into my 5.0 and listened to some Metallica. True story. These guys are really in my head, man!

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from canea:

You're right. Why would Stern care about that?

Stern is already committed to production.

It's not like they are doing a marketing poll, lol.

#219 10 years ago

Everyone here has been BEGGING for this theme! Stern finally listened!

#220 10 years ago

At least it hits a different demographic so people who don't buy heroes and music may buy this.

And it should do well on location.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

That was the plan until Paul Walker died. Now it's up in the air.

That was not the plan I heard at Expo. My source had Mustang correct and I'm pretty sure he's also correct about Borg's theme. Again, read between the lines of the Spooky podcast and you'll know.

#222 10 years ago

Dammit. I own three mustangs but hate Tanner. Wish they would have picked someone else. Mustang pin would be sweet next to all my other car themed pins.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

That was not the plan I heard at Expo. My source had Mustang correct and I'm pretty sure he's also correct about Borg's theme. Again, read between the lines of the Spooky podcast and you'll know.

Led Zeppelin or Rush

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

From Ford's press release on the 50th anniversary edition of the mustang (I didn't realize the Stang has never been sold in Europe):
DEARBORN, Mich./SHANGHAI, Dec 5 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co unveiled its 50th anniversary Mustang sports car in its first global launch on Thursday, with a sleek redesign aimed at enhancing the brand's status outside the United States.
The second-largest U.S. automaker is betting that upscale touches will appeal to buyers in Europe and Asia, where the pony car will be sold for the first time in 2015. The new model features the trapezoid front grille that Ford has used to lend a more premium look its other global models.

I saw some in France and England.

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

but hate Tanner. Wish they would have picked someone else.

Richard Hammond Power Pack!

#226 10 years ago

Hope they use some chrome on the pin, hand drawn graphics and good choice of rock tunes.

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

He was the passenger.

Sorry, sorry.. I didn't know that.. My bad..

Quoted from vid1900:

He was not driving.

I assume you have never been a passenger in a vehicle where someone grossly exceeded the speed limit?

Yes, but I demanded they slow down. If this was his financial advisor, I'm surprised his demands that the driver slow down went unheeded. Usually when someone works for me, they do what I say..

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Nobody deserves to die, even people endangering themselves.

You don't have to feel sad over it, but you also don't have to be a dick either.

Not sure I agree. When thrill seekers who expose themselves to life-threatening risks die, I feel badly. They only endangered themselves and they paid the piper when the risk was realized. That sucks. When thrill seekers expose themselves and everyone else to life-threatening risk and that risk goes against them, they deserve what they get. Just because the driver didn't kill a family of six doesn't mean that risk wasn't there. You can run across a highway at night 100 times and not get hit. Just because you didn't doesn't mean the risk wasn't there.. it just means that particular risk wasn't realized.

I've lost people I loved because of asshat behavior like this. I realize my perspective is probably different.. Sorry for being a dick.

Post edited by swf127 : Bad nesting of quote elements.

#228 10 years ago

So no ramps on this pin since a Mustang can't go around corners, right?

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I saw some in France and England.

I saw one in Switzerland in 2009. Blue with white stripes GT.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

^ Oh, snap!

Actually, the 2015 will have IRS, so we can't pick on them for that anymore...

Later,
EV

#231 10 years ago

I'll consider it. I was never a fan of nascar, corvette or high speed but maybe... acknowledging that I didn't read five pages if posts here I wonder what the LE version will be called... Race Red GT500?!?image-892.jpgimage-892.jpg

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Don't need to make arbitrary guesses between the lines. I have trusted sources.

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

Tell that to my 04 Cobra cause it doesn't believe you. My Roush isn't to shabby either Now my 02 GT will agree 100% with that statement.

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I saw one in Switzerland in 2009. Blue with white stripes GT.

From very early on the Mustang was exported and badged with the designation 'T-5'. Mainly to Germany.
I guess the term 'globally' is what's new.

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Tell that to my 04 Cobra cause it doesn't believe you. My Roush isn't to shabby either Now my 02 GT will agree 100% with that statement.

You've clearly never driven an M3.

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

I've driven one to the dealer for service, many, many times.

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

Or the ZL1

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

Times at Laguna seca and the Burger King have disproven that many times over.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Too soon to joke regardless of the driver was racing or the car malfunctioned.

No its not, and it wasn't too early 3 days ago.

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I've driven one to the dealer for service, many, many times.

And Found On the Road Dead was generated based on mustang reliability.

This car and pin have a ton in common already.
Both come off the showroom floor incomplete, not up to standards set by previous competition and sometimes just broke!! : )

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

Oh yes, the car which can barely keep pace with the 2012 Boss 302 at Laguna Seca and was soundly defeated by the Boss 302 by one second at Hockenheimring while outfitted with BMW's Competition Package.

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Times at Laguna seca and the Burger King have disproven that many times over.

So when they make a Camaro pin it will go faster, score higher? (and IMO look better)

#243 10 years ago

Well at least this thread is a change from all the Stern vs JJP threads

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from Paladin:

Well at least this thread is a change from all the Stern vs JJP threads

Shhhhh, you are going to remind them!

#245 10 years ago

those that want to compare cars should really consult Lightning Lap in car and driver. I'll compare a 5.0 coyote, boss 302 or GT500 with any car that costs less than 100k.

#246 10 years ago

{Mystery tunnel bonus through the vacuum formed mountains} .. "500k"
Heyyyyy

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

So when they make a Camaro pin it will go faster, score higher? (and IMO look better)

Yes. It will also have the blinders from tommy to simulate the massive blind spots.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

those that want to compare cars should really consult Lightning Lap in car and driver. I'll compare a 5.0 coyote, boss 302 or GT500 with any car that costs less than 100k.

Nuremberg Z28, when you put your fourth engine in, in 4 years, get magnetic ride control, and beat it, then repost!

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Just because the driver didn't kill a family of six doesn't mean that risk wasn't there.

I get it. Same concept with a drunk driver. Even if the drunk driver only kills themselves, it's still a shame that someone had to die. I'm grateful they didn't take anyone else with them, but the punishment being death is a little harsh.

#250 10 years ago

I thought pinball fights were bad. Im glad I don't frequent car forums.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 685 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-game-50-years-of-mustang/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.