001.JPG
010.JPG
HHR-3.jpg
CC_AC_R5_004.jpg
imagesW6RFFJDO mustang ute.jpg
image.jpg
images Mustang Wagon.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 685 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 10 years ago

Lol.... Mustang....

#152 10 years ago

Glad I went with ST instead and didn't wait. But still have to see and play final product before passing final judgement.

#153 10 years ago

146 posts in only 2 hours, you never disappoint pinside

I don't care much for the mustang, but I won't pass judgement just yet. The fact that they are getting a good artist, a good soundtrack spanning 50 years, and are using Tanner foust from Top gear to narrate says Stern is still trying to push the features to compete. Now that said, this thing had better figure out how to have a drift multiball
file_171981_0_tanner-foust[1].jpgfile_171981_0_tanner-foust[1].jpg

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The US Top Gear is so freakin' bad.

The brits do such a better job on their Top Gear.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The brits do such a better job on their Top Gear.

for sure. I watch on BBC America. The American version is unwatchable.

#156 10 years ago

Who's taking my money?? Where do I chuck my cash, quick I need to know?? Excited (Can you Tell)

M
U
S
T
A
N
G

Lets see some photos. The 'exclusive to Ford' part may be interesting. Will it have to for service at my local dealer when it gets 5000 plays or every 6 months which ever comes first.

#157 10 years ago

They license Steve McQueen somehow it will be gold !

Best marketing ad ever.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The game comes equipped with top-of-the-line features including artwork painted by famed Ford GT designer, Camilo Pardo, and the ultimate soundtrack from Sony Music featuring five decades of hits.

I'm excited. can't wait to hear more about it. hopefully we can see it soon. original artwork and 50 years of music should be cool.

#159 10 years ago

interesting. wonder if they'll try to hock these at Ford dealerships. maybe creative dealers could include them as an incentive on a new 5.0

#160 10 years ago

If they start up a "Buy a 2015 Mustang, get a pinball machine free" deal, I'm in trouble.

(Actually, the Z4 will be paid by then, and no payment sounds so much better than big car payment. But free pinball sounds good too...)

#161 10 years ago

Guarantee Steppenwolf Born to be Wild will be in there.

#162 10 years ago

Cars is a nice change from bands and movies. I look forward to hearing the LE trim

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

interesting. wonder if they'll try to hock these at Ford dealerships. maybe creative dealers could include them as an incentive on a new 5.0

Incentive? Hah, I guarantee you that some shady dealers will have a $5K mark up over MSRP for the car during the first few months. Happens all the time....

Later,
EV

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Incentive? Hah, I guarantee you that some shady dealers will have a $5K mark up over MSRP for the car during the first few months. Happens all the time....
Later,
EV

we talking about cars or pinballs now?

#165 10 years ago

Both. Just saying your idea of getting a free pin with the purchase of a car ain't happening, at least not for a few years when sales tail off....

Later,
EV

#166 10 years ago

nah I got it I was just making a funny

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

But will LUCI be featured in the Mustang(s) and machine?
Brad

They'll make a new girl named "Carla"

#168 10 years ago

"Carla"?

No, no, no.......definitely "Sally"!

Later,
EV

#169 10 years ago

Will the pinball machine weigh too much, will it overheat? Will the paint fade, like Mustang brakes?

Anyway, here's some Mustang fun, 140 mph to 0 mph.

#170 10 years ago

Well between this theme and F&F 7 being delayed (possibly cancelled) I'd say the chances of an F&F pin are now 0%

#171 10 years ago

Yep. I hope Ford is paying them for it because I know I won't.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why are they doing two car themes back to back? This and F&F?

They're not doing 2 car themes back to back. Borg is not working on F&F. If you listen to the Spooky Pinball podcast you may be able to connect the dots after you heard them talk about Mustangs and knowing that is now announced.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Well between this theme and F&F 7 being delayed (possibly cancelled) I'd say the chances of an F&F pin are now 0%

The Mustang Pin isn't something new. It's been brewing for several months, which means it was decided independently of F&F.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

They're not doing 2 car themes back to back. Borg is not working on F&F. If you listen to the Spooky Pinball podcast you may be able to connect the dots after you heard them talk about Mustangs and knowing that is now announced.

That was the plan until Paul Walker died. Now it's up in the air.

#175 10 years ago

Wow. I can say with certainty that this is the first NIB Stern I've ever seriously contemplated buying. As a lifelong Mustang enthusiast, I will be scrutinizing every last detail, though. That, you can be sure of.

Personally, I hope it does flop as a theme to catch on with everybody. That way, I can pick one up on the cheap pretty quickly! Let's just hope they have one at either PAGG or CAX next year for me to try out.

I can't stand Tanner Foust. Strike one.
The licensing of the Sony music collection or whatever sounds like it's going to have songs playing the whole time(a la AC/DC and Metallica). Strike two.

The jury's going to be out for a long time for me on this one..........I need a lot more evidence.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It's only Sony Music artists. Aerosmith, Ozzy, Michael Jackson, Springsteen, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Daft Punk, but my wish is for some Outkast and Rage Against the Machine tracks.

#177 10 years ago

I love cars, but not really into Mustangs but I think this is a cool change of pace. Really cool that have Tanner Foust doing callouts he is a fantastic driver and very knowledgeable. My issue is quality control and code I think the theme should be a cool one even for non Mustang fans. Hope they do hand drawn art and not photoshopped cars everywhere. Wonder what the toys will be. Someone in my area order one please!

#178 10 years ago

As a Trans Am owner [2002] this is a GIANT PASS for me.
My pin fund is exhausted anyway for the time being.

Would NEVER have anything Mustang in my house.

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

146 posts in only 2 hours, you never disappoint pinside

And as of 2:42 EST there is only 1 post on RGP about this and I was the one that started it.

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

And as of 2:42 EST there is only 1 post on RGP about this and I was the one that started it.
-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

This relates to this thread how????

#181 10 years ago

Why does this scream NASCAR to me?

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

As a Trans Am owner [2002] this is a GIANT PASS for me.
My pin fund is exhausted anyway for the time being.
Would NEVER have anything Mustang in my house.

Hang in there, Smokey and the Bandit will be here soon enough.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

personally I prefer my ride:

plum crazy, baby.
to each their own, of course, not trying to start anything with Mustang fans
this theme is cool. certainly beats another superhero game.

4.jpg 77 KB

I raise you one GT500
IMG_20130616_132651_zps2304ccbb-144.jpgIMG_20130616_132651_zps2304ccbb-144.jpg

I'm all over this Pin

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Maybe, but that tune is now so identified with the Harley crowd I'd be surprised.

#185 10 years ago

Like somebody else said, all they have to do is sell them to Ford dealers.

Theme isn't that important and it wouldn't take much to spin off a "world" theme IE, Shrek, vs Family Guy, NASCAR vs Grand Prix. And really now, the problem with the games these days isn't that they are "too easy", it's that those that are crazy enough to buy games, will figure them out to the point where they nit pik the thing to death. Meanwhile Average Joe plays a game, gets overwhelmed, walks away because it's so complicated.

IMO, this will sell well. Hope it's a low content, easy to learn game. There's plenty other choices for the geeks already.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

That was the plan until Paul Walker died.

It's an opportunity for a telephone pole ball lock or scoop down to a lower playfield. What's the problem?

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

It's an opportunity for a telephone pole ball lock or scoop down to a lower playfield. What's the problem?

Not funny.

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Super not funny.

If they guy was a jerkoff, that would be one thing.........but he was a genuinely nice guy.

#189 10 years ago

He was doing 90 in a 45 mph zone. Am I supposed to have more pity for him because he was famous? Idiots die every day. Now I could have pointed out an opportunity to re-use those Angus under-playfields and have the roar of an engine as you knock the ball around the head, but that would've been rude.

I think I'll save my pity for people who don't have enough to eat, get a devastating illness through no fault of their own, etc... not rich idiots endangering the public.. not so much...

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Too soon to joke regardless of the driver was racing or the car malfunctioned. I dug his movies even if he was a mediocre actor he seemed likable. Karma is a bitch.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Hang in there, Smokey and the Bandit will be here soon enough.

"Daddy! The roof came off!"

"Thank you ..... Nice lady ...."

"The bandit takes of his hat for one thing. And one thing only.."

Forget the critics classic movies ... Smokey and the Bandit is the best movie ever!

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

He was doing 90 in a 45 mph zone. Am I supposed to have more pity for him because he was famous? Idiots die every day. Now I could have pointed out an opportunity to re-use those Angus under-playfields and have the roar of an engine as you knock the ball around the head, but that would've been rude.
I think I'll save my pity for people who don't have enough to eat, get a devastating illness through no fault of their own, etc... not rich idiots endangering the public.. not so much...

He was the passenger.

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

He was doing 90 in a 45 mph zone.

He was not driving.

I assume you have never been a passenger in a vehicle where someone grossly exceeded the speed limit?

#194 10 years ago

Nobody deserves to die, even people endangering themselves.

You don't have to feel sad over it, but you also don't have to be a dick either.

#195 10 years ago

I was inspecting a head light assembly mold for the new Mustang yesterday. I'm not sure I'f I want to bring my work home with me or not. I will have to wait until I play it.

#196 10 years ago

Will it be built Ford tough?

#197 10 years ago

Working at a Ford Dealer who sells the Roush version RS to RS3 (675hp) I can say this will be a non pinhead buy for the most part. These guys buy the RS3 for weekend shows 62-82k and then buy a RS (v6) 36k for daily drivers.
Mustang nuts are just that nuts and will spend whatever to get what they want.

As for me I cant see going LE on this Pro maybe on the cheap.
I do agree this will be a wait and see not a preorder.
I cant see it doing well on route- but I do look forward to it more than say CCr - or AFMr.

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Mustang nuts are just that nuts and will spend whatever to get what they want.

Kind of like pinheads, eh?

#200 10 years ago

This might be my first NIB. I'd have to sell some stuff to make room and to afford it, but been a Mustang fan all my life.
Current ride, pic taken shortly after purchase. Yard and house in pic are not mine.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 685 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-game-50-years-of-mustang/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.