001.JPG
010.JPG
HHR-3.jpg
CC_AC_R5_004.jpg
imagesW6RFFJDO mustang ute.jpg
image.jpg
images Mustang Wagon.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 685 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's sad that every WOZ joke has to have a disclaimer because the "owners to be/owners" are so touchy.
==========
Disclaimer: This is a joke about a joke. I love Jack, and will make him my bride one day.

It is the same as the folks who can't take the criticism of AC/DC. Pick a side or just choose to ignore the wacky Stern and JJP extremists.

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

No wondering here. In fact, I built one of the see-through plastic model Wankel engines in the early '70's. Probably before you were born, eh?

Yup. Probably about 7-8 years before.

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

No wondering here. In fact, I built one of the see-through plastic model Wankel engines in the early '70's. Probably before you were born, eh

I remember that model. They also had the visible V-8. I has always tempted to put together the visible woman though.

Do you know why they call it the Northstar system? Because when it breaks down in the middle of the desert, the north star is your only friend.

#454 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here it comes!

IMG_2277.jpg 42 KB

All for one, one for all, Omni's one that does it all! Apologies if that's a Horizon.

#455 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

All for one, one for all, Omni's one that does it all! Apologies if that's a Horizon.

Somebody was mentioning earlier who had the right's to the Shelby name. I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

#456 10 years ago

Reminds of this joke -

mime-attachment.jpgmime-attachment.jpg
#457 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Might I recommend the Boss Hoss Silver Special?

70_boss_hoss_silver_special.jpg 42 KB

Wasn't that the one that was not sold in stores? Only available to collector club new members?

#458 10 years ago

i'm a certified Mustang nut (daily driver below), but after buying Hulk LE & METLE, I have reservations about pulling the trigger on a Mustang machine till i see it. Can't say I'm super-dissapointed with either machine, but they'll be first on the chopping block when Steve Ritchey's next machine comes out.

In short, I'm never disappointed with his designs. STLE and ACDC are fantastic. Really solid, well thought out, machines.

Maybe this is the evolution of me in pinball…? I'm tired of buying avg machines. Have to say, Hobbit is on my watch list and Mustang is on my 'wait and see' list.

Boss 302.JPGBoss 302.JPG

#459 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Wasn't that the one that was not sold in stores? Only available to collector club new members?

Hot Wheels club kit. My 8th birthday present. Oh, I wanted that Boss Hoss so bad. When I opened it up, there was a Heavy Chevy. I learned early about the disappointments in life, but there were also plenty of other cool things in that box.
500px-Club_kit.jpg500px-Club_kit.jpg

#460 10 years ago

Shelby GLHS Whips GT350! Who can forget this article from April 1986?

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?4875461

I saw an earlier reference to the GLHS, so I thought I would share as a former owner.

Brad

#461 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

lol, you should hit the urban dictionary up with Boating ; )

Hopefully you are referring to the pot reference and not the other definition. How would you even have known about this?

#462 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How would you even have known about this?

I'm a disturbed individual.

#463 10 years ago

And for the record, I would love to see the 1986 Mustang SVO represented somewhere on the machine.

Brad

#464 10 years ago

A good friend of mine has two Mustangs, both 1969. One is a very rare boss 302 (they made more in 1970), and the other one is a Mach1 428 Super Cobra Jet. I think he has very good taste in cars.
YellowBoss302.jpgYellowBoss302.jpg
abb2b58f117db179ffa8795c823b3248.jpgabb2b58f117db179ffa8795c823b3248.jpg

#465 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

i'm a certified Mustang nut (daily driver below), but after buying Hulk LE & METLE, I have reservations about pulling the trigger on a Mustang machine till i see it. Can't say I'm super-dissapointed with either machine, but they'll be first on the chopping block when Steve Ritchey's next machine comes out.
In short, I'm never disappointed with his designs. STLE and ACDC are fantastic. Really solid, well thought out, machines.
Maybe this is the evolution of me in pinball…? I'm tired of buying avg machines. Have to say, Hobbit is on my watch list and Mustang is on my 'wait and see' list.

Party at your garage!! Boss 302 I want the laguna seca version

Boss 302.JPG 186 KB

#466 10 years ago

All this talk about cars and no mention of PPS' s MMR value vs original or pin analogies, has to be the purest thread on pinside since I joined. Only took a year.....Hurrah!

Hope a Shelby Cobra mustang takes centre stage on this pin. Very internationally iconic.
cars-showroom-ford-mustang-shelby-cobra_186682.jpegcars-showroom-ford-mustang-shelby-cobra_186682.jpeg

#467 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Hope a Shelby Cobra Mustang takes centre stage on this pin.

The translight is sure to have images of a few Mustangs on it with the original '64-1/2 and the latest '15 Mustangs featured the most prominently, of course. Which other years and models will also be pictured on the translight? Probably only two or three others, as too many little images will garbage it up. So most of us who own Mustangs will probably not happen to get one of ours included on the translight. Someone else on here already mentioned that there won't be any pic of Carroll Shelby or Shelby model Mustangs if Stern doesn't pay a separate licensing fee for that.

#469 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Could this be the translite?

Nah! That can't be it. The Ford and Stern logos are too small in that picture.

#470 10 years ago

I hope there is a Mustang II mode where everything slows down and falls apart.

#471 10 years ago

Mustang seems like a fairly safe theme. I have driven a mustang for the last 15 years, but I am not too excited for this yet. Hopefully the art package or design will try something innovative to peak my interest more.

#472 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

Mustang II, Boredom: zero.

#473 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

You are mixing that up with the "Pinto".
It falls apart, rusts then when it take a good shot in the rear it start the spontaneous combustion sequence.

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Love Rx-7s. Owned three. Just plain old fun to drive.

The "rotary rocket".
Not much torque on the bottom end but loves high RPM's and roll on's.

The Mazda RX-7 was a dog off the line but rolls like a jet engine.

#475 10 years ago

So this is the artist....

http://camilopardo.com/pages/prints-sold-out

So, that is the pop bumpers sorted out

#476 10 years ago

Might not be the greatest theme in history, but at least it's something a bit different from the (superhero, movie, band) rotation of the last few years.

#477 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

but at least it's something a bit different from the (superhero, movie, band) rotation of the last few years.

I'm SO glad it was not Superman, or Capt America.

#478 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Someone else on here already mentioned that there won't be any pic of Carroll Shelby or Shelby model Mustangs if Stern doesn't pay a separate licensing fee for that.

Surly they are going to secure the licence to use Shelby even if just for the LE's otherwise just like the car showroom it will be just pics/images of base models eh (very nice base models I should add)

#479 10 years ago

I'm pretty certain that's just pinball news taking one of the press release shots of the 2014 mustang, and slapping a couple logos on it. I'm imagining something similiar to the bally corvette pinball (show multiple gens)
Backglass[1].jpgBackglass[1].jpg

#480 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Saw that.......
Any guesses on what model will be used for a LE?? (Bullitt, Boss, Cobra, Mach 1, etc...)

My vote would obviously be for the rarest Mustang/Shelby ever built.... The one - off 1967 Shelby GT 500 Convertible!

#481 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

You are mixing that up with the "Pinto".
It falls apart, rusts then when it take a good shot in the rear it start the spontaneous combustion sequence.

Let's not forget the high-end Runabout edition of the Pinto.

#482 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The "Boss" of all Mustangs. 1969-ford-mustang-boss-429.jpg 68 KB

Gotta love the 'boss nine. ' only one option.... The color.... And black was the rarest. One year only for black, 1969, and only 93 were painted that color.

#483 10 years ago

They might of sold more if the went with more of a Muscle car theme overall instead of mustang alone not sure it will be great seller. This of course coming from a deep hearted Olds Fan!!

#484 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Let's not forget the high-end Runabout edition of the Pinto.

The Mercury Bobcat ?

1977 Mercury Bobcat and Comet 04.jpg1977 Mercury Bobcat and Comet 04.jpg

#485 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

The Mercury Bobcat ?

1977 Mercury Bobcat and Comet 04... 314 KB

Pinto Runabouts had the "large" back window and hatchback lid while the standard model had a small window at the top hallf and trunk lid below the window. I recall all Bobcat's having the "large" rear window. Comet's were the Mercury version of the other death trap; The Ford Maverick.

#486 10 years ago

The Mustang II and the Pinto/Bobcat, are related. With the continuous testing of the Mustang II, the unit body was altered a lot. The only unit body panel that is interchangeable between the 2 cars, is the tire well in the rear of the car.
All car makers have used a common chassis for similar models. Ford did it a lot. The 1st Generation Mustang shared a chassis with Falcon, Comet, Fairlane, Cougar. 3rd Generation, Fox Chassis was used for the 1979 to 2004 Mustang, Capri. Not the Capri from Australia. Mark VII, Thunderbird, Fairmont, Cougar, Continental, Granada, LTD II, Marquis, Monarch, Zephyr, and the Versailles.

#487 10 years ago

I'm not a big Mustang fan (well...since about 1968) but I think this has the potential to be VERY cool. Interesting soundtrack, guest artist... I think it could be quite cool, in fact!

Stern, I like where you're headed between the Luci art style and this title. I hope the days of primary photoshopping are largely behind us!

#488 10 years ago

my 67 gt500 67 GT500.jpg67 GT500.jpg

#489 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm SO glad it was not Superman, or Capt America.

Wonder Woman might have been cool.
th-189.jpegth-189.jpeg

#490 10 years ago

I propose the abbreviation EOC (Every other car)

#491 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wonder Woman might have been cool.

Linda Carter was hot.

This is the newly chosen Wonder, Gal Gadot:

GalGadot.jpgGalGadot.jpg
#492 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Linda Carter was hot.

This is the newly chosen Wonder, Gal Gadot:

Either one of them can join my collection anytime.

#494 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm pretty certain that's just pinball news taking one of the press release shots of the 2014 mustang, and slapping a couple logos on it. I'm imagining something similiar to the bally corvette pinball (show multiple gens)

Backglass[1].jpg 52 KB

Strike that 2015 new body style - we have 14s on the lot now.
4cly turbo is back baby 305 hp from a 2.3L motor.....oh my....Now that my friend is impressive.

If I were buying 5.0l it would be with a Roush stage 3 675 hp upgrade....btw that is under rated for insurance purposes. Last one we dyno tested had 620 at the rear wheels = with manual trans mission 15% loss = 710 ish engine HP.

From spec sheet for your reading pleasure:

Mustang GT will come with an upgraded 5.0-liter V-8 that generates 420 horsepower.

For base model buyers, there is a 3.7-liter V-6 putting out 300 horsepower.

For a combination of power and reasonable fuel economy, Ford is putting a version of its turbocharged EcoBoost engine into the Mustang. When the turbo kicks in, the engine will put out 305 horsepower. In quieter moments, the 2.3-liter engine will have better gas mileage than the bigger enginens. No specific EPA estimates of MPG have yet been released.

#495 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Strike that 2015 new body style - we have 14s on the lot now.
4cly turbo is back baby 305 hp from a 2.3L motor.....oh my....Now that my friend is impressive.
If I were buying 5.0l it would be with a Roush stage 3 675 hp upgrade....btw that is under rated for insurance purposes. Last one we dyno tested had 620 at the rear wheels = with manual trans mission 15% loss = 710 ish engine HP.
From spec sheet for your reading pleasure:
Mustang GT will come with an upgraded 5.0-liter V-8 that generates 420 horsepower.
For base model buyers, there is a 3.7-liter V-6 putting out 300 horsepower.
For a combination of power and reasonable fuel economy, Ford is putting a version of its turbocharged EcoBoost engine into the Mustang. When the turbo kicks in, the engine will put out 305 horsepower. In quieter moments, the 2.3-liter engine will have better gas mileage than the bigger enginens. No specific EPA estimates of MPG have yet been released.

Can it fit a pin in the back

#496 10 years ago

You have to pray for the return of the hatch back my friend lol.

Just think we almost had this.....maybe it would have fit a older wedge head.
ugly.jpgugly.jpg

Here is a pin hauler but you have to go old school 5.0
pin hauler.jpgpin hauler.jpg

#497 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

You have to pray for the return of the hatch back my friend lol.

Yeah, baby!
1977 AMC Pacer DL D-L Hatchback Wagon. - 2.jpg1977 AMC Pacer DL D-L Hatchback Wagon. - 2.jpg

#498 10 years ago

Love me a mustang this is on my game room wall

image-746.jpgimage-746.jpg
#499 10 years ago

+1 had two of those mounted side by side in the man cave.

#500 10 years ago

This would be a great theme, my first car was a 1968 Bullet clone, I bought it in 1979, and still own it. Finally a car related theme. For those that don't like it (without seeing it of course) and think it is a bad theme due to cars, what about the Corvette pin, I never heard people complain about it, or Nitro Groundshaker, but then again I am biased because I own 3 Mustangs. Can't wait to see pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 685 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-game-50-years-of-mustang/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.