001.JPG
010.JPG
HHR-3.jpg
CC_AC_R5_004.jpg
imagesW6RFFJDO mustang ute.jpg
image.jpg
images Mustang Wagon.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 685 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 10 years ago

Stern just announced on Facebook that their next pin is 50 Years of Mustang!

#2 10 years ago

Saw that.......

Any guesses on what model will be used for a LE?? (Bullitt, Boss, Cobra, Mach 1, etc...)

#3 10 years ago

Nice. I can pass again.

#4 10 years ago

Finally, a decent theme.

Nice job Stern.

#6 10 years ago

First car that I ever drove was a friend's '68 Mustang GT fastback but I'm still not interested in this theme.

#7 10 years ago

Hmm…Trudeau

#8 10 years ago

Not a surprise. It was already known to be coming down the pipeline. Cant imagine this will truly speak to the masses for popularity. Setup for failure.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

Not interested.

Oh, nice. So you've seen the playfield and art and have already passed? Cool. Can you send me pics of the game? I'd like to be able to know enough to pass judgment too.

#10 10 years ago

Dammit. There go my dreams of a Walking Dead pin.

#11 10 years ago

That's going to be a slow mover.

#12 10 years ago

to be completed by 2016

#13 10 years ago

Not sure about the theme. Could be cool if done right.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Mycal said:Not interested.
Oh, nice. So you've seen the playfield and art and have already passed? Cool. Can you send me pics of the game? I'd like to be able to know enough to pass judgment too.

Ok, maybe he should have said pass for now. Truth is theme and designer are the main influence to be excited or in on a game before its played. So yeah without seeing it its fair to say pass if those criteria don't excite the person.
After that its going to have to hit the streets and prove itself.

#15 10 years ago

Will it have a shaking Mustang in the middle?

#16 10 years ago

I'm just saying that I ended up buying a NIB AC/DC Premium and I don't even like the band. Gameplay overruled my preference for theme.

#17 10 years ago

Please have the 2015 stang in there

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm just saying that I ended up buying a NIB AC/DC Premium and I don't even like the band. Gameplay overruled my preference for theme.

I bet you passed on theme at first and later after it was out discovered game play was good enough to jump in.

#19 10 years ago

Im not a mustang fan - but it could be pretty cool like other car games where you progress thru the years or add/build parts to your car to progress. For example pick whether you want to upgrade your engine, add turbo, handling etc - then this affects the way the game scores. Bigger engine makes it easier to win races during multiball but doesnt add time to the modes or add bonus. Better handling builds pop bumper values and increases spinners and multipliers but makes it harder to complete races. Turbo hit the launch button like AFM bombs, to complete modes easier advance towards cobra wizard mode ... with better car its easier to win the video mode - oh wait nevermind.

Generic car theme or Need for Speed style would probably work better but.... whatever

#20 10 years ago

That won't sell well outside the USA

#21 10 years ago

Yeah the theme does nothing for me. Still intrested in seeing who is the designer and what the pf looks like.

#22 10 years ago

man you guys are harsh. How many thought the corvette pin was a dud? Or checkpoint? My GF LOVES checkpoint. Hell hs2 isn't a particular car, but people still love those games. I'm happy Ford finally is doing a pin. I LOVE mustangs. Vette is a classic pin now, I hope they do a good job on this one please do not retheme nascar

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

oh wow I'm the oposite for Music based themes. Since the bands songs are integrated with the gameplay and I love acdc it was just a matter of how well it played for me..not the other way around

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well aren't you awesome! Glad that you overcame your dislike for the theme. I won't.

#25 10 years ago

I want to see the models they come up with and the pricing they use. That will be interesting.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

why?Richard Hammond loves them

#27 10 years ago

This makes it super easy to stay true to the oath that I took to not pre-order any new pins in 2014.

#28 10 years ago

First car was a 68/289, followed by a 87 hatchback....and now im driving a 2013 GT.
Yeah...i guess im going to be a little partial to this theme.

I welcome the different theme with open arms. Its not a super hero, movie or music theme for a change. About time for a change!

#29 10 years ago

Why are they doing two car themes back to back? This and F&F?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

since it's 50 years of mustang and they came out in '64-1/2, a '15 really doesn't qualify

#32 10 years ago

Draw the artwork, put the focus more on the classic late 60s and early 70s cars, have some cool Getaway style gimmicks and this could be pretty cool.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It has too.

The fact that Stern posted this today, the day the 2015 Mustang was revealed, isn't a coincidence.

Also, would seem silly to have a "50 years of Mustang" pinball without the 2015 Mustang, since it's the 50th year of the car

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

since it's 50 years of mustang and they came out in '64-1/2, a '15 really doesn't qualify

That's why I said please...but they release the 2015 stang in 2014...sooo technically yes?

#35 10 years ago

mustang II le for the win!

1977-ford-mustang-ii_100179505_l.jpg1977-ford-mustang-ii_100179505_l.jpg
#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

It has too.
The fact that Stern posted this today, the day the 2015 Mustang was revealed, isn't a coincidence.
Also, would seem silly to have a "50 years of Mustang" pinball without the 2015 Mustang, since it's the 50th year of the car

And it looks sweet. Back to a turbo I4 too So much potential with this. Superchargers, turbos, twin turbos, all the models of mustang...ohhhhhhhh cream my jeans

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

mustang II le for the win!

1977-ford-mustang-ii_100179505_l... 100 KB

hahahha nooooo the step child

#38 10 years ago

Bally's Corvette.

That is all.

#39 10 years ago

I've owned both Camaros and Mustangs through the years, and even though I currently have a Camaro, this is a theme that intrigues me.

Like someone mentioned, just something different than another movie, super hero, or band inspired pin is cause for excitement, at least with me.

Really looking forward to seeing the playfield and different art packages for the Pro, Premium, and LE.

Told my boys I might be willing to get rid of Xmen to get something different in our lineup. Maybe this will be the pin to push me to actually do it.

#40 10 years ago

STERN PINBALL, INC.
Options for this story
Stern Pinball Announces Partnership with Ford Motor Company

World’s Leading Maker of Arcade-Quality Pinball Celebrates 50 Years of Ford Mustang with Newest Machine
MELROSE PARK, IL – December 5, 2013 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world’s leading maker of real pinball games, proudly announced today the merging of two American icons. Get ready to start your engines and celebrate 50 years of Mustang. The Mustang pinball machine, exclusive to Ford, drops players into the driver’s seat of one of the hottest cars on the street. Narrated by professional racing driver, Tanner Foust, this machine sets the tone for a fast paced, white-knuckle game. The game comes equipped with top-of-the-line features including artwork painted by famed Ford GT designer, Camilo Pardo, and the ultimate soundtrack from Sony Music featuring five decades of hits.
“The Mustang is one of the most iconic, American cars ever made,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. “What better way to celebrate 50 years of Mustang than with the launch of the Ford Mustang pinball game? Everyone at Stern is buzzing with excitement about this launch. From the artwork and game features to the stellar soundtrack, we have created a tribute that will make Mustang and pinball fans worldwide proud.”
Mark Bentley, Ford Global Brand Licensing says, “Ford Motor Company is extremely excited to partner with Stern Pinball on this state-of-the-art Mustang pinball machine. Both Stern and Ford are proud American companies with industry leading, iconic brands. Pinball aficionados from around the globe will appreciate the unique blend of Mustang heritage and Stern craftsmanship in this fantastic machine.”
The Ford Mustang game continues the Stern Pinball tradition of producing quality pinball machines for young and old. The company traces its lineage to the 1930’s in Philadelphia when Sam Stern entered the business of operating pinball games. Sam subsequently became part owner and president of Williams Manufacturing, a pioneer in the pinball industry, and passed his lifelong enthusiasm for the game and the business of pinball to his son, Gary, who founded Stern Pinball. Today pinball remains one of the world’s favorite pastimes.
Pricing and Availability:
Availability and pricing will be announced in early 2014. To learn more about the Ford Mustang pinball machine and Stern Pinball, please visit www.sternpinball.com.

About Stern Pinball, Inc.
Stern Pinball, Inc., headquartered just outside Chicago, Illinois, is the leading producer of pinball games in the world. Stern’s highly talented creative and technical teams design, engineer and manufacture popular arcade-quality pinball games. Recent popular Stern titles include Star Trek, Metallica, Avengers, X-Men, AC/DC, Tron, Transformers, Avatar, Iron Man, Batman, Spiderman and many more. All of Stern’s pinball games are crafted by hand and assembled by Stern’s expert team. Both pinball enthusiasts and casual players around the globe enjoy Stern’s games. For more information, please visit www.sternpinball.com.
About Ford:
Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Michigan, manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 180,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Honestly, I think it's hard to say. The 2015+ Mustang is a world car and will be sold across the globe, so there will be plenty of exposure. Additionally, the Mustang is one of the most recognizable American car models. Same reason us car nuts are very familiar with Aussie's (sadly ex-) Falcon

If the game is good, I think it will be fine.

#42 10 years ago

So is it actually a new design? Or is it a re-theme of an existing pin?

Car themes are pretty universal IMO if it's done well. If it's 'bow to the pony' alone.. no it won't appeal widely. If it's 'big motor, loud, fast, racing, etc' - that translates a lot better.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

And it looks sweet. Back to a turbo I4 too So much potential with this. Superchargers, turbos, twin turbos, all the models of mustang...ohhhhhhhh cream my jeans

Yeah, I am really digging it, especially the back end and interior. Way more modern than my 2013.

Already can't wait for the 2017 engine update

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

First car was a 68/289, followed by a 87 hatchback....and now im driving a 2013 GT.Yeah...i guess im going to be a little partial to this theme.
I welcome the different theme with open arms. Its not a super hero, movie or music theme for a change. About time for a change!

Agreed it's nice to have a change up of recent themes, even if this particular one doesn't really matter to me. I do find it a little odd that they chose a car theme, since Heighway is doing a racing theme already.

Excited to see a new Trd. game, but man I was hoping for Godzilla..

#45 10 years ago

So is it ok we use a car to pinball comparisons in this thread?

#46 10 years ago

" The Mustang pinball machine, exclusive to Ford"

What the frag is that supposed to mean?

#47 10 years ago

My guess is Trudeau has some tricks up his sleeve for this game.

Kinda crazy they announced the next theme before the current game's LE's have even shipped…

#48 10 years ago

I'm really looking forward to a Stern Mustan....Zzzzzzzzzzzz

#49 10 years ago

Well crap - I may have to pull the trigger on this one. Here's a pic of my daily driver.

DSC05026.jpgDSC05026.jpg
#50 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why are they doing two car themes back to back? This and F&F?

F&F 7 has been indefinitely delayed due to Paul Walker's death so the pin may follow suit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 685 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-game-50-years-of-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.