(Topic ID: 114530)

Stern's new platform titled 'Spike'

By flynnibus

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stern-2021.png
    1970780_10152014511073240_354021286_n.jpg
    WP_20141216_17_53_30_Pro.jpg
    image-627.jpg
    327082.jpg
    pindriver.jpg
    VERGE2015-01-04_08-42-46CES.0.jpg
    gum.jpg
    2015-01-07 14.05.26.jpg
    IMG_20150107_133451874.jpg
    preheater.JPG
    VERGE2015-01-04_07-21-08CES.0.jpg
    VERGE2015-01-04_08-42-17CES.0.jpg
    VERGE2015-01-04_08-42-46CES.0.jpg
    VERGE2015-01-04_08-43-27CES.0.jpg
    20150103_131804.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Question is, will Stern pass that cost onto the consumers, or continue to raise prices?

Looks like prices are being reduced....

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

If they add network support, lots of cool possibilities with this besides network tournaments. How about remote audits and diagnostics? You could even have the pin e-mail the owner and support when something fails. Support could already have a part on the way before you know it.

seems like they would need a staff to monitor this though. couple thousand machines sending emails for each diagnostic could be cumbersome after awhile, and the initial implementation would definitely have bugs. I love the idea though. Would definitely help them assess what replacement parts they currently needed on hand.

#220 9 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

I'm not sure if you're assuming it's Stern. It can be anyone really, just the operator would be enough. This is standard on IT infrastructure equipment. I have servers, ups's, a/c units, and network equipment e-mail me all the time with health problems. Really I only get notified when there is an issue, so it's only a few e-mails a day.
    I'd love it if I was an operator and I got e-mails telling me that a ball is lost or a switch isn't registering, or some other problem.
    For one, you might be able to skip stops checking on machines and use that time to work on machines that are having problems.
    Even better would be if you could poll all of the machines. Just responding and saying all is well saves a trip.
    This actually opens the door to being able to accept credit cards. Imagine a machine on location that you didn't have to visit except to clean it every few months.
    Post edited by dkpinball

Yeah I definitely assumed stern would handle it. So yeah, if you treat it like an IT consulting firm as opposed to in house, so operators checking the diagnostic emails, and not stern, that is a great idea. I just wonder the availability of the parts especially if they are new components that haven't been used in pinball machines before. This coming from a pinball IT dunce. Haha

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-platform-titled-spike?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.