(Topic ID: 114530)

Stern's new platform titled 'Spike'

By flynnibus

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stern-2021.png
    1970780_10152014511073240_354021286_n.jpg
    WP_20141216_17_53_30_Pro.jpg
    image-627.jpg
    327082.jpg
    pindriver.jpg
    VERGE2015-01-04_08-42-46CES.0.jpg
    gum.jpg
    2015-01-07 14.05.26.jpg
    IMG_20150107_133451874.jpg
    preheater.JPG
    VERGE2015-01-04_07-21-08CES.0.jpg
    VERGE2015-01-04_08-42-17CES.0.jpg
    VERGE2015-01-04_08-42-46CES.0.jpg
    VERGE2015-01-04_08-43-27CES.0.jpg
    20150103_131804.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

It's PC based, so this means it will have fans installed?
    That can't be a good thing.
    Edit: what Ibarakuru said.

Just a power supply. Normal for those to have fans. I doubt it will be any kind of issue. Only time it will be running is when the game is active, and pinballs are a hell of a lot louder than a fan, even without the speakers cranked.

#214 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Could you imagine a user calling support and us having to tell them sorry you use a Mac go find a pc? That would go over like a lead balloon

"Okay, first make sure you're running Internet Explorer 6 ..."

#246 9 years ago

Can we just move on past the hacking topic? No one is going to DDoS your WOZ.

Quoted from John_I:

Nice to see the Pros are now fully LEDs with the correct power supply to prevent strobing, ghosting and flickering.

I wonder though if they're doing actual fading or not. Both in the GI and the inserts. It would be really nice if they programmed in blooming and fading to the inserts ala LED OCD. It makes such a huge difference.

They obviously did with Star Trek Prem/LE, so here's hoping with SPIKE games it's a normal feature now.

1 week later
    #352 9 years ago

From what I've heard The Pin isn't a flop. It's just not aimed at the collector market, we're not the audience. And hey, maybe it ends up being a "gateway drug".

#366 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

It's still laughable...

True dat. I did stretch myself to past $7k on my METLE though, and I never thought I'd go there.

#369 9 years ago
    Quoted from michiganpinball:

I'd agree. I asked the sales people at 2 stores (where I was working on their game) and they have sold WAY more than I would have guessed. And they sold them last year too and they continue to let them use floor space today.

They're for people with money who have a game room. The kind that walk in and say "I want a pool table, and give me that anniversary edition Ms Pac-Man Galaga, my kids will love that. Oh, and you have pinball? Rad, I'll take that too. Put it on the American Express."

They're not pinheads. They have an electronic dart board that gets used twice a year. The game room is really a "man cave" that people drink beer in and hang out. And hey, a pinball machine, they still make those? Cool.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-platform-titled-spike?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.