Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a-day-at-the-beach-velma-daphne-shaggy.jpg
    snoopdoggplayfieldsketch.jpg
    Velma.jpg
    TICD.jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

or a Steampunk theme

+1 to that. If they could somehow get it to literally have steam come out of the machine when multiball starting, it would really put it over the top.

#52 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Asael said:Based on Computer Games, don't laugh that could be great:
    How about adding Grand Theft Auto and Uncharted to the list. I would buy those two NIB.

Done

#53 12 years ago

How about "The Watchmen" that'd be pretty sweet. Or pie in the sky wouldn't sell but I'd love would be a "tenacious D" machine. You have to slay the Devil with your rock.

#54 12 years ago
    Quoted from sixsixtie:

How about "The Watchmen" that'd be pretty sweet

Indeed it would be but Alan Moore would probably go around the world destroying every machine single handedly.

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Well, count your cards. The next big Disney related Pin will be Mr. Toads wild ride. Since that ride is one of the original rides left at Disneyland (it was removed at DisneyWorld) the big wigs at Disney wanted to do something exciting. They hired the writers of Tron Legacy and are moving forward with a movie. Not sure if it will be based on solely Mr. Toad or more broadly based on the Wind in the Willows...any way...food for thought.

I would buy a Mr. Toad machine in a heartbeat.

#57 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Indeed it would be but Alan Moore would probably go around the world destroying every machine single handedly.

You bring up a good point.

#58 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

jwwhite15 said:

I would buy a Mr. Toad machine in a heartbeat.

I'd jump all over it!

#59 12 years ago

Make something up Stern and lets take break on the Licensing stuff.

Look at W/Bally when they made up themes like WW, TAXI, ES, DINER, WH20, MM, AFM and on and on.

I know the licensing help keep them alive but remeber when pins from the 40 - 70's and then on and off 80's - 90's were mainly non licensed?

#60 12 years ago

Yeah that's the biz these days. Main thing I dislike about pins these days is the licsenses. I understand why they do it, but I don;t have to like it. I do not like IM, but it's not a silly premise. You can do something interesting with it. But CSI pin, really?

#61 12 years ago

The Dark Knight rises by JJP. Saw extended preview - looks so dark would be great. Yeah, another batman pin but it's worth it.

I like themed pins if they are the right themes. Mainstream following with movies or licenses that have a chance to be more timeless. That's why superheroes work so well. Comics have been around for ages - new and old following. I'm cool with sprinkling in a non-license theme every three pins produced, but you have to do it like JPOP - put a survey out and listen to the audience. Nowdays, you miss on a pinball theme and it can sink you.

#62 12 years ago

If Stern announces a new pin say in May. Whats the usual timefram for it to hit the streets?

#63 12 years ago

Is there any reason to pre-order from Stern? Seems like current pins are readily available, so why pre-order ?

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure the 'color DMDs' are actually LCDs that show the DMD programmed dots in color???

Correct!

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Is there any reason to pre-order from Stern? Seems like current pins are readily available, so why pre-order ?

Usually if you preorder you save cash.

#66 12 years ago

Since I'm a big Mortal Kombat fan, I'd love to see one, but it's not going to happen.

#67 12 years ago
    Quoted from thepharoah:

playernumber4 said:Yes, color DMD should be a must. I would rather have that than an LCD screen.
    No! LCD. They are cheaper and consume less power.

LCD consumes about equal power to the old DMDs. Large LCDs like in WOZ consume a lot more power.

John

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.