Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from daddyxxx:

I bought a new gb and barely move it and it split on the seam...I moved a lot of pins in my lifetime and never had any kind of issues...my buddy said that stern is building the cabinets cheaper....jus curious if that true or i got a lemon.....

Looks like a transport or storage issue. You should not have to fix it. I would be disappointed if that happened to us. There is nothing wrong with the cabinets. The metal back boxes make them a little lighter which I think is better.

You will love GB. Awesome game.

1 month later
    #1605 6 years ago

We received our ASLE last week. The centre stiffening rib and front left top corner of the cabinet were not glued together. We took some photos, sent them to our disto and Stern, so Stern have fact for future decisions. We glued the cabinet, took us 10 minutes. No biggie. Thank you to Pinside as we would never have noticed it.

From what I can, tell the people doing most of the moaning (Whaaaah!) have no intention of buying a NIB Stern and are just trolling. Any issues we have ever had Stern and our distro have always resolved. Stern all the way for us!

#1607 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf, a reasonable and common sense non whiner here on Pinside! Hard to believe it.
    How is that PF? Mine is fresh. Much better clear than my GBLE which is being replaced. Great job Stern!

PF is absolutely superb. Wait until you get your GBLE playfield replacement playfield. Just as good. We got ours around one month ago and are extremely happy with it.

As always, Stern and our distro has always looked after us. Great job Stern!

#1622 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Really? Great Job? Its great that you fixed it but praising Stern when they failed to glue a cabinet and the quality control is so poor they shipped it like that. If that's a great job I hate to see what it takes before you consider it a fuck up.

Cannot be bothered to reply

#1627 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I'm not sure you understand what that sentence means, did you look at the title of box you were typing in?
    I'm just teasing a little, and being sarcastic, rereading this it comes across harsher than I intended.

All good! The correct way to get this stuff resolved is through the distro then manufacturer, not a public forum. We are fussy and we know it.

2 weeks later
    #1729 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

The more and more I watch the cheesy video that Stern put out, it seems like the hyper ramp might obstruct the view just a little bit. Is anybody using that as part of their thought process for wanting a Pro?

The only thought process that people go through before buying a pinball machine are finances and value for money. Everything after that is justifying the purchase choice. Simple and easy.

#1745 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you notice and joint glue coming out inside the cab of any of the games? I have several of my older games with that. I don't think the new Stern cabs have enough glue in their joints. That could be part of their problem.

We have been gluing the cabinets on our new machines since 2014. Our machines travel a long way to get to Aus.

1 week later
    #1824 6 years ago
    Quoted from ob1forever:

WTF!...WWE Pro huo.
    I just picked it up, and after reading up on this forum, i can't believe it.
    So a lot of people think this is not an issue....

Be thankful for this forum. You have found the issue early. You can drop a little wood glue in to stop it from going any further. We have experienced this issue since late 2014. Do your best not to get too hyped by the negativity in some of the threads on this forum. Plenty of Trolls and "shit stirrers". I believe the issue is created from not enough or no glue in the joints. For us it is no big issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.